Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Archery Time! (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

Archery Time! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Archery Time! (Open)   Archery Time! (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Scarlet looked around the arena as she got her bow and arrow out. She walked about 8 feet from the target. Scarlet got her bow ready and shot it. The arrow shot forward and landed at the bottom of the target. She sighed and got another arrow out of her backpack. Scarlet got it ready and shot again. This time, it went to the bull's eye. She cheered to herself as she grabbed another one. Scarlet was so happy about getting a bull's eye, she shot it the wrong way. It darted a few feet beside the target about close to hitting them.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Archery Time! (Open)   Archery Time! (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:07 am

Adin entered the arena with her golden bow in her hand. Around her figure was a quiver filled with three equally golden arrows--the most she could summon at the moment. Since the time she realized that she was a daughter of Apollo, Adin began spending more time in the Arena, whiling away the hours by just shooting at the dummies. She positioned herself a few feet away from the other campers as she didn't want to bother them in any way.

Once she was satisfied with her position, Adin loaded her bow with one of her arrows and aimed at one of the targets at around ten feet away. The arrow sliced through the air, finding its mark in the middle of the dummy's forehead. Another followed, hitting the dummy's eye, and the last one was buried in between its eyes. Contented with her work, Adin retrieved the arrows with a sigh. She was pretty good with a bow and arrow, seeing that it was in her blood as an Apollo child, but any proficiency she has with her weapons would disappear in situations of pressure. She would tremble so much that she would miss her target, and that really didn't help when one was in a life-and-death situation. Adin knew she needed to work on her nerves, but she just didn't know how.

Deep in her thoughts, Adin nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw a stray arrow whiz past, narrowly missing her. She looked around for the source, her heart still racing. If she had been walking faster, the arrow might have pierced the side of her head. Her eyes found a girl, older than she was, looking at her direction. With a sigh of relief that she hadn't been hit, Adin went to pick up the girl's arrow and walked over to return it.

"H-Here you go," Adin said softly, placing the arrow in the girl's hand. "Um... please be careful next time..." she trailed off.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: Archery Time! (Open)   Archery Time! (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Scarlet nodded. "Of course, I'm so sorry!",she said. "I so didn't mean to. I drifted off and shot my arrow the wrong way." She clung to her arrow. "I'm Scarlet, by the way."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Archery Time! (Open)   Archery Time! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:56 am

Adin nodded in understanding. "I... I'm Adin," she introduced herself with a tentative smile. Scarlet didn't seem to be a sibling of hers, as Adin hadn't recalled seeing her face inside the Apollo cabin. It was quite uncommon for her to see non-Apollo kids wield a bow and arrow, unless they were a hunter of Artemis. "I'm a daughter of Apollo," Adin continued, placing her three arrows back in the quiver on her back.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: Archery Time! (Open)   Archery Time! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

"I'm a daughter of Demeter. I know, it's probably weird for me to like archery. It just comes naturally, I guess.". She smiled at Adin.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Archery Time! (Open)   Archery Time! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:46 pm

"I see..." Adin said in understanding, slightly surprised that Scarlet was able to read her mind. Well, it wasn't as if archery was illegal to other campers. Adin glanced at the dummy she had been practicing on, feeling the urge to shoot it again. She turned back to Scarlet saying, "Um... now if you'll just excuse me..."

Adin left her sentence hanging as she walked back to her usual spot and prepared to shoot again. It wasn't that she didn't like Scarlet or anything--she was just not good at social stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archery Time! (Open)   Archery Time! (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery Time! (Open)
Page 1 of 1