Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) Empty
PostSubject: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Lex Smith

Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) Z

Lex was looking around for Poppy. They had decided to meet at the arena. He had his lucky Ebony bow, a gift given from his father. He pulled out an arrow from his leather quiver, and examined it. It was made of Celestial Bronze, but he had painted it black to match his bow. He looked up, checking if Poppy had come while he was looking at his arrow, but she was no where in sight. He lied down on the rock he was sitting on, looking at the sky, when Poppy's face appeared.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:29 am

Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) 2199695473_66705e7ee4_z
Poppy hurried to the arena, wood and leather arrow case slung over her shoulder. She'd drawn the short straw last week of who has to kill any spiders for the month. Stupid spider.
She finally got into the arena, but didn't see Lex anywhere. It was pretty crowded, so she started moving along the wall trying to get to the archery area without being cut, stabbed, or sliced. When she finally managed to have some breathing room at the targets, she spotted him laying on a rock. She leaned her wooden bow against the wall, it's red string standing out against the beige. Her arrows all had red feathers, too. She liked red.
Putting down her stuff, she walked over to where Lex was lying down. She leaned over him.
"I've never seen that tactic for shooting arrows before!" She teased.

Last edited by GreenPaint on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : I finally figured out how to work the photo thing.)
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:22 pm

"Oh my gods! I didn't see you there Poppy," Lex said. He looked at his feet. Then he looked up. "Ya. it's not used that much. The only true masters of archery can master this skill," he said. He stood up. "Well, let's get to shooting," he said. Lex pulled out his bow from his back, and grabbed an arrow. He aimed it at the closest target, and let go of the string. It landed smack in the middle of the target. "Bullseye!" He said. Then he faced toward Poppy. "See if you can beat that. If you do, I'll give you 5 drachmas," Lex said playfully.

(OOC: It's okay. Before you post the image, write Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) , than paste your image, then put . That's how. :D)
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:47 pm

"I didn't exactly fly down from the sky." Poppy teased.
"I'm very honored to be in the presence of a master." Poppy said solemnly, though she didn't keep a straight face for long.
She retrieved her bow and watched in amazement as Lex put an arrow right smack dab in the middle of the bullseye. She'd done that before, but not as easily as he made it seem!
"I'm gonna be rich!" She grinned, though she couldn't come up with how she'd beat it.
She drew back an arrow and let it fly it landed in the bullseye, yes, but off to the side, not right in the middle. She frowned, and paused for a moment. Then she drew another arrow and landed it right beside her first. Without pausing this time, she shot another arrow and it landed exactly next to her second arrow.
"Three in a row!" She smiled, a little proud of herself.
"The apprentice has upstaged the master." She teased.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Lex couldn't let that kind of talent go to waste. He jingled his coins in his pocket. "That was worth 3 drachmas, I think." he said. He pulled out a small stack of golden coins. And opened Poppy's hand, put in the drachmas, and closed it. "I'm going to help you with your aim. See, if you're nervous, don't be. It's not like anyone's life is in danger. Plus, the shaking will get you off course and..." Lex's trailed off. He told Poppy pretty much all he knew. "And if you get good enough, you'll be able to shoot with one hand, like this." Lex pointed his bow up with two hands. He used his right hand to secure the string where his elbow flexes, and let the right hand go. He aimed his bow for the center of his target, and opened up his elbow. It hit a little to the right of the center, but it was good enough for him. He smiled at Poppy. "You try it. If you hurt yourself, I'll be right here, ready to heal you." he teased.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 pm

"But, I-" Poppy started to protest as he gave her drachmas. It wasn't that good...
Poppy listened attentively, nodding occasionally at familiar things, as he explained things about archery. There were so many things she didn't know!
Then her eyes went wide as he showed her how to shoot a bow with one hand. "How-" She began, but as the arrow struck near the center of the bullseye. She gaped at the arrow then at him.
"Wow." She said meekly. A year of practice before camp didn't stand up to this!
"I'm more worried about shooting it than hurting myself!" She said, trying to arrange her elbow to the string. Luckily she was a quick learner and soon she had her elbow lined up with the string. She tried flexing her elbow, but the arrow just bounced a little bit and slipped off of the string. "Tartarus!" She mumbled, picking up the arrow.
"You are really a master." She said, no sarcasm or teasing in her voice this time. Just awe.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

"You can't always get it the first time. I've been here since I was 10. I've had some experience." Lex said. Then he heard Poppy's last comment and said, Well, I don't mean to brag, but I am." He smiled. "Let's try this one more time," he said. He set the string in Poppy's elbow and held it there. "Now, try to make it as tight as you can with just your elbow." he told Poppy. He watched Poppy as she tried to do as he said. "Okay, now open your elbow!" he said.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:14 am

Poppy did and the arrow actually flew a few feet. "Booyah!" She cheered, grinning. "And see, not hurt. I have some brains in this block of stone I call a head!" She laughed a little.

(OOC: Sorry that this was so short, I wanted to post, but had to get off of the computer soon...)
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Lex laughed a little. "I thought that was a block of wood. All well," he teased. He played with his bow. He looked at the targets. He got to the side of them. He aimed at the dummies' heads, and pulled the string. He added an arrow, and aimed again. Then he let go of the string. The arrow flew through the heads of the line of dummies. Lex smiled. "Try that. If you get it through at least 2 heads, I'll give you 2 drachmas," he challenged.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:02 am

Poppy punched him lightly in the arm.
"This feels like one of those contest shows." She smiled, notching an arrow to her bow. She shot the arrow and it zoomed through the dummy heads that Lex'd already shot through.
"Tada!" She half-smiled.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Lex nodded in approval. He tossed Poppy the remaining drachmas in his pocket. "You know I'm doing this to get you more competitive. If you keep a sweetheart personality, it can really hurt you. literally. Say one of your friends get possessed by a monster or something, and you don't kill them.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:21 pm

"Thanks, I think." Poppy shrugged. "No one really likes being friends with an Athena kid because we're constantly lording our smartness over others. Or something, it was never really explained to me."
"And besides, how will being competitive make me kill friends? Whatever my personality, I could never do that." Poppy said seriously, staring at the ground, then looking at Lex.
Looking away, She shot an arrow as high as she could make it. It hit the top of the arena wall.
"I bet you 3 drachmas you can't shoot higher than that." She gave a half-smile, but the seriousness of earlier caused it to disappear quickly.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Lex decided to drop the topic, and accepted the challenge. "You better get your drachmas ready." He pointed his arrow to an open window in the arena. He added an arrow to his bow, and pulled the string. He let go of the string, and the arrow whizzed through the window, going higher than Poppy's had. Lex held out his hand. "You owe me some drachmas, or cash. Doesn't matter." He smiled.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Poppy pretended to be shocked and handed him the drachmas. She looked around, then saw a shelf with a bunch of old shields in a row. She shot one in the center and it wobbled, finally falling over and bribing it's neighbor with it. Before the other shield could hit the ground, Poppy struck it in the center with another arrow.
"Two drachmas say you can't do that!" She challenged.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 pm

"No dur, I can't. You knocked over the shields. And I don't want to set them back up," Lex teased. He looked around for a different shelf of weapons, and he found one. He aimed his arrows at a sword at the bottom of a sword, and let go. They went at the same speed. Once they hit the sword, it bounced off, and the sword tipped, knocking over all the other swords, one by one. Lex smiled. "I believe that counts, since you knocked out the shields," he said.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:20 am

"Yup, here you go." Poppy gave him one coin. Then she grinned. "If you can hit his when I flip it into the air, you can have it." She said, balancing the drachma on her thumb.
"Ready?" She flipped it into the air.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Lex nodded. He set up is bow and arrow really fast, and let go of the string. It hit the drachma, smack dab in the middle. He flew with the arrow, hitting a target. That was more than what Lex wanted to happen. All well, he thought. He ran over to the target , plucking out his arrow, putting it back in his quiver, and put the drachma in his pocket. He looked at Poppy. "So, what else should we do?" he asked. He looked around, when he saw other people training, A grin appeared on his face. "I dare you to shoot that person with an arrow," he said, pointing at a girl training with her two swords. "If you do, I'll give you...10 drachmas?"
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm

"No way!" Poppy cried in horror. "Not for all the drachmas in the world!"
She didn't want to hurt innocent people! Was he crazy?
"I'll hit you though!" She threatened playfully, shaking her fist.
Then, she notched an arrow on the bowstring and shot at a dummy. It struck it's chest and the lightweight dummy toppled backward. She smiled and repeated the act with the fallen dummy's neighbors. One of her arrows missed and hit an arm of a dummy, but Poppy ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)   Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery Contest (GreenPaint and Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: