Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Push-Pull Factors.

Go down 
+3
Kat
Skye
Crona
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crona

Crona

The Push-Pull Factors. Empty
PostSubject: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Well, here it is, I'm gonna come out and say it. I think There's a 75% chance I'm going to leave and never turn back. Why you may ask? Some of you may say it's because I'm upset over what just went on in the chatbox. Those people would be incorrect. That tension has brought up some issues I have thought about in the past. First of all, there are about 8-12 people on this site who I absolutely cannot stand. A couple of you should know who you are. The others, I believe I have managed to hide my anger and dislike for. It's not just that, it's the fact of our family we've been able to have for a while, is just treating each other incorrectly. No doubt There will be arrogant people who will sit there, read this, and think, "Oh, everyone likes me! I'm great." Then, they will move on with their lives and continue to be arrogant.

Well, here's what's going on. There are certain people who act like they're the best thing that's ever happened and know what they're talking about when they really don't, and and end up being a jerk to people. Then, THEY get hurt when someone says something. Well, this needs to stop. Whether blue or purple or white or green or a humble yellow, we are all equal. The colors just mean that that person has more AUTHORITY, not that they have the right to abuse their power and act like they can control everyone and everything. This doesn't happen as much on this site as it does other sites I've been on, but, it still does happen. Bacon, I'm going to address you. You're the best admin I've ever seen on a site, and treat everyone fairly and equally, are not biased, and treat people fairly. But, in the punishment system, there was a part that said" disrespecting a moderator or admin". Well, I'm going to say that section shouldn't bet there. It should just be overall members. Sure, that mod or person may be upset because there authority was questioned, but TBH, I don't believe it deserves a separate section. No disrespect to any moderators or admins.

Another thing I've seen is certain people, joining the chat, and spreading there bad mood. Whether you know it or not, someone put on the sad, depressed, pity-me act because their point of view of a certain subject was challenged. Then, they stated why they were upset, and people defended that person. I said what I had to say about why that wasn't a big deal, and I mentioned some of my reasons for being depressed. Then, this and that happened and I left the chat. But people, this needs to stop. People should not just join the chat when they're sad or angry and use that as an excuse to treat people like dirt. And honestly, this forum needs new moderation, a member who is popular among the people, just to show that the current mods and admins don't play favorites in any case, which, I believe they do. This doesn't mean I'm calling them biased, it just means I believe there are certain people who are favorites of an admin or mod, and are rewarded for that. But, back on topic, you know who you are. Don't make other peoples' days bad just because yours was. Moving on.

Now, onto the general respect quality of members to members. This quality, if I had to put it on a scale of0-10, I'd probably give it somewhere around a 6. Now, for my reasoning behind such. I hope none of this makes me sound like an arrogant or know-it-all, I just want this to show I care. Look, I don't want to leave, but some things are difficult to overlook about this site. Some people walk around and treat people however they want to, and are well liked enough to be supported in doing such. Look, all I care about is the well-being of the members here. I don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt, but it seems some people over react, and then go on and drive the so-called "bully" away. This is why we need chat box moderators. Roo suggested this the other day and it's a very good idea. They should have a light purple color, because purple is the moderator color, and they're a type of mod, but they need to be distinct from the regular mod. These members must and will be suggested by the regular members, and people who are CL's, but not mods or admins. The admins and mods can have a finap say of course, but these members should be suggested by the average member, the people who are on the chat a lot.

Look, I must go now, but I hope these things and views will be considered and used to make this site even better. This topic means no disrespect to anyone, nor do I want this to make me seem like and arrogant know-it-all who thinks he knows everything about anything. I just want this to help the site. Leave any other suggestions and thoughts in the replies.

~Your friend, and caring member, Sleepy.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:16 pm

I somehow knew this was coming.

Sleepy, whatever you decide to do, know that I care about you, and respect your decision. "Undying Love" is what they call it. I'll love you until the day you die, and depending on your religion, I might love you in the after life.

Now, I do think a big change is in order with the staff, and not because I hate them, but actually quite the opposite. I've been mentioning a change for awhile, due to the fact that we might benefit from a change.

I love you Sleepy, I love you with whatever decision you make.

~Your friend(I think. xD Your post made me rethink this.) Skye.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Sleepy, I would respect your decision no matter what.

Yes there should be a change in staff. That may help, but it needs to be obvious trustworthy people. Not the ones who would abuse the power. This has been going on for a while I know. People have been suggesting this left and right and I entirely agree. We need people who will do their job correctly and with pride. Not that the staff now isn't doing their job...just new blood would be nice.

Sleepy I will be behind you all the way whatever your decision may be. I love you!

~Kat
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Oh my, I sincerely hope that you decide to stay but I can't force you to do so, it's your decision after all.

Very sorry about the punishment system, I didn't realize that it seemed to separate staff from regular members, I'll change that right away.

Whatever you choose to do, JUST KNOW I LOVE YOU. I know that we ALL love you. You're one of the nicest people I know and so funny and awesome. Just such a great person to see around the site.
But seriously, you always know how to make people feel special and just great, it's a really admirable quality. :')
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Sleepy. I barely know you, but, what I do know about you, is that you are one of those people that makes everyone happy. You are one of those people who make people feel good about themselves. About the mod\admin rule being general, another thing that comes to mind is that people shouldn't always frame the new people for all that trouble thats erupting. I agree that everyone should be treated equally. You're awesome for that.

I also think that when people are coming into the chat and saying pitying themselves. Honestly, when I go on chat and find drama, I feel like clicking that button and logging off, but I know that I have to stop the drama. I may not be a mod\admin, but as a member like most other people, I need to step up sometimes too.

I also find that some of the older members aren't so welcoming. I know this is becoming a rant, but it's true. I'm stating a fact here. Some newer people feel... left out?

Most importantly, I hope that even though you leave, you will come back and visit sometime. Its really fun to have you around. I'm sure that when newer user come on and look at this topic, they'll think twice before acting. Another thing I know for sure, is that everyone will miss you. Again, I hope you visit us sometime soon. We will be waiting.

-Cherry^^
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:50 am

((Too tired to post a fancy quote/font))

Sleepy. I know you as the loving kid you are. And I agree to the others when they said I would not force you to do something about not leaving. But there will always be this empty, hollow space in my life that could never be filled up except by you.

In fact, through the months I've been here, everyone has gained a a small piece of me. And as much as I hate to see you go, I can't force you to do the things you like.

And with the cbox thing....

I know. I know what it feels like to here people go into the cbox to rant their feelings out. Hell, I did that. I stayed up until 4 am, cuz I know there might have been a happening that could easily make others feel unwelcomed. You know what? My hunch was correct. I'm sorry on behalf of the person Sleepy. I'm so sorry.

I seemed to be saying it a lot lately.... I hope to find it in your heart Sleepy, to forgive. Even if what happened was really just...pathetic.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 am

Even as much as I want you to stay, Sleepeh, I can't force you now can I? The best I'll do is to try to respect your decision. Because you have a very, very good reason for doing so. Just remember, I lurve yew Sleepy! Nothing can change that. Like Death, everyone that I've known on CHB seemed to get a really special place in my heart and no one can fill that hole if they left. You made me feel special, Sleepy. I'm sure you made quite a few other people feel special too. If you do leave just remember: you're an awesome, caring, special, and a superly-awesomely-epic friend of mine. Don't forget that. Oh, and that me lures yew. 

As for the situation about the chatbox, I know how you feel. I've seen it yesterday. In truth, that's why I sometimes prefer to avoid the chatbox at times I'm online. I haven't been that in lately because I've noticed that (I know, I'm a wimp for not trying to help. xP I'll try to do so though from now on. Trust me). 

Some new changes with the staff does sound nice in my opinion. It's not that the staff now aren't doing what they're supposed to (which I know hey are), it's just that change can possibly give us really good benefits.

So yeah. But even if I've already said this like.... twice. Imma say it again. I love you, Sleepy, and trust me, if you leave I really will try to do my best in respecting your decision. ^.^ 

~ Your friend,
        Red ♥

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Push-Pull Factors.   The Push-Pull Factors. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Push-Pull Factors.
Page 1 of 1