Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly

Go down 
+3
Dan
Gazimu
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan
7 posters
AuthorMessage

The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly Empty
PostSubject: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 am

We've been arguing about this a few times so I think it's time to address the issue. We need to decide what the site's rating is. The rules clearly state PG-13, however recently certain staff members have been enforcing standards based on a much lower and stricter rating. I'm not going to say that I think we should have butt naked sex everyone on the site. I will say that we need to either look up what PG-13 means or make this forum a much lower rating because when you can't even mention a single alcoholic beverage name on a PG-13 site, there is something wrong. I don't care if there's little kids running around, rules need to be followed or changed to fit the new circumstances.

I went to MPAA's site and grabbed this:

Quote :
PG-13 — Parents Strongly Cautioned. Some Material May Be Inappropriate For Children Under 13. A PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them. A PG-13 motion picture may go beyond the PG rating in theme, violence, nudity, sensuality, language, adult activities or other elements, but does not reach the restricted R category. The theme of the motion picture by itself will not result in a rating greater than PG-13, although depictions of activities related to a mature theme may result in a restricted rating for the motion picture. Any drug use will initially require at least a PG-13 rating. More than brief nudity will require at least a PG-13 rating, but such nudity in a PG-13 rated motion picture generally will not be sexually oriented. There may be depictions of violence in a PG-13 movie, but generally not both realistic and extreme or persistent violence. A motion picture’s single use of one of the harsher sexually-derived words, though only as an expletive, initially requires at least a PG-13 rating. More than one such expletive requires an R rating, as must even one of those words used in a sexual context. The Rating Board nevertheless may rate such a motion picture PG-13 if, based on a special vote by a two-thirds majority, the Raters feel that most American parents would believe that a PG-13 rating is appropriate because of the context or manner in which the words are used or because the use of those words in the motion picture is inconspicuous.

That is their definition of PG-13. Clearly drugs and nudity are allowed, albeit the nudity doesn't involve any form of sexual activity. Curse words are allowed as well, but the major ones are very limited in usage and may not even be used at all. As of right now according to staff, drugs are bad, sex and any naked details is bad, and curse words shouldn't be used. Um.....I think we need to relook at this. Either that or change the rating system or the rating itself on what the rules base it on. Don't believe the above blurb is true? Read it and weep.

This is in the suggestion box because I am suggesting either a change in enforcement or a change in the rules. So what will it be? Will we change the rules or will staff enforce them differently according to actual information? You decide.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 am

If they treat it PG, they should have the peace of mind to change it to PG, or else any arguement with PG-13 items in invalid due to the rating of the site.

Its not pick and choose on what you want and don't want in a rating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:48 am

That's what I'm trying to argue. Either change the rating in the rules or change how it is enforced. I'm open to RPing on a PG site (albeit I would have to delete Dell because he's really not PG), but I'm trying to follow the actual rules. I don't want to go against either the rules or the staff because that makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:18 pm

I would safely assume that this site is PG. PG does allow some minor cursing, however nothing major, such as nudity, drugs, and things that were stated in the above blurb. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll go make that change. We're really sorry we confused you, and anyone else who was having this same problem. D8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Thank you very much Dan. People were just having difficulties with the whole site rating. I'll change up Dell accordingly and keep the rating PG in mind. Once again, thank you for settling this. ^^
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm

I feel as if it's my fault people were confused. :/ I apologize for that! As for the whole dating thing, when people date, and they decide to kiss, I think the kisses should be like Rick Riordan's. When he wrote about Annabeth and Percy kissing, or Walt and Sadie kissing, he just said: They kissed. That's really about it. It's still PG, but you get to still kiss.

What do ya' think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:21 pm

They kiss in PG silly Nico. Haven't you seen the Disney movies? Many of them ended with the couple making out but not running into a bedroom and doing it. But of course I wouldn't want people doing it or going beyond limits placed by the rating so.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:23 pm

May I say, some people RP leading up the the "doing it", but taking it to PM's. I think these should just be starting and ending through private messages, since people are on half naked and on a bed :p
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:26 pm

I think we should probably avoid "doing it" even in PM. Because that's just not something that we should feel like we should do. Does anyone have a problem with that? Because I don't think anyone will be that upset with this . . .
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:30 pm

I actually have a problem with people doing it. You see, a lot of the time, people doing it leads to pregnancy, and I'm not sure this is something to be doing. Most of the people here have teenage characters, so in turn, they are promoting teenage pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

While I'd LOVE for that, there is no way to control what other members do through PM.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Well, I know that, but I'm going for a trust thing. I would just like to trust that they aren't if we make a rule about it. Because, we really need to trust each other more, now that we're closer.
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

I think it's really sort of odd.. taking it to a pm. It's almost like sexting.. but with characters. Is that really something this site needs?
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:27 pm

No site needs it. I'm perfectly HAPPY with none of that still around, but some people might do it :3
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:30 pm

I know... you can't really stop anybody. :/ Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:43 pm

elizabethrose34 wrote:
I know... you can't really stop anybody. :/ Oh well.

Thats the problem, no matter how much everyone can be against it, theres no way to know whos doing it in PM or to stop them.

At the moment the site rules say to take things like these and also arguments to PM, because if its in PM, it doesn't hurt anyone outside of the PM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 pm

But we can at least give it a little push. Make sure everyone's clear on the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly   The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Site's Rating: What is it and what changes should be made accordingly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: