Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] Of All Places...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

[Private] Of All Places... Empty
PostSubject: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Wendy Moss

Why the beach?

Twiddling my thumbs absentmindedly, I crossed my legs and rolled my neck. I kind of had to go to the washroom. I don't know why I came to the beach. Staring at water when you have to go to the washroom is not the greatest idea. Staring in the direction of the main part of camp, I wondered whether I wanted to get up or not. Eh, maybe later. I didn't really want to get up now.

It just hits me sometimes, how strange I am. I mean, I realized that I had to go to the washroom, but for some reason, my brain decided to send me to the beach instead. Honestly. I just didn't understand myself most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 pm

PEDOPHILE?! PEOPLE WERE CALLING ME A PEDOPHILE?! Oh brilliant, just freaking brilliant. I wasn't doing too well that day. I was going around camp with everybody whispering about me. I had no idea what was going on. That event with Anna was a haze. I remembered her and the dancing and stuff, but not much else. The alcohol had gotten my mind a little blurry. I kept going on about the day wondering what was up until one of my half-siblings gave me the hint. Rumor was that Dell and Anna were dating and they were kissing up on each other around camp. People were also talking about how the pair came out the forest together and about their age difference. Oh bloody great. Everybody had saw what I did with that girl. I was in a terrible predicament. I only had one solution to this madness: drink it off at the beach.

I was chilling out in the sand, tipping a bottle of wine down towards my mouth. I had enough bottles of wine to quench the thirst of an entire army. Ah, what was I supposed to do? That move was stupid, stupid, stupid! Now everyone thought I was into younger girls. Why couldn't she have at least been 18?! Then she would've been perfectly legal. Didn't help that she was pretty too. Dang jailbait. I continued drenching my misery with wine. I failed to notice someone there.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:49 am

Wendy Moss

Surveying the beach around me, I leaned back and sighed for a moment. Just another boring day at-..

Wait, was that Dell?

Head snapping back around, my eyes widened considerably and I processed the fact that Dell was sitting a small distance away from me (and he was surrounded by a little horde of both empty and full wine bottles). That was one of his distinguishing traits, I heard, his little army of wine bottles. That and his silver hair and red eyes, of course - I had heard that they might have been brown once. Realizing that I had been staring, I hastened to turn my gaze away and painfully cracked my neck. "Ouch." I mumbled, rubbing my neck and grimacing. I hated it when that happened. Imagine if I liked books, then I'd have that happening to me all the time.

What should I do? Should I confront him about the rumours or scooch away subtly? It seemed like he was pretty immersed in drinking and his own private thoughts. But... I was really curious and I kind of wanted to know what type of guy he was. I mean, rumours were circulating about him being a pedophile, but that was just one side of the story. He probably knew that wasn't the case and knew what had actually happened... But then again, I had heard that he'd been drunk at the time. People did things when they were drunk that they regretted, right? I wouldn't know, I full intended on only drinking alcohol when I was of legal age.

"Um.. hi. Your name's... Dell, right?" I greeted, voice wavering slightly. Okay, I knew it was wrong since I barely knew the guy, but I had to admit, he kind of scared me. I wish Eridian were here. Also, how would I bring up the rumours without sounding like a rude little teenager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am

I was drinking wine when I felt a pair of eyes upon me. I felt like I was being watched by somebody. Great, everybody was just staring at me today. This was ridiculous! I was not a pedophile! I just did some stuff that I would regret later, that's all! Like hell people would believe me though. The rumor mill was spinning like crazy. So many accusations and words of hatred against me. I wondered what they were saying to Anna. Poor girl, she was probably getting lectured for fooling around with someone older than her. Or maybe they were displaying forms of unnecessary pity. I kind of wanted to go find her and ask, but I wasn't about to have any more rumors circulate about the two of us being together. At this point everybody at camp knew, my father included. I wonder what my dad would say to me if I were to run over and have a talk with him in his office.

I then heard my name. Oh great, somebody was indeed watching me. I turned around to see who it was. I had no idea who the girl was. She seemed like a familiar face, but I had seen a lot of faces over my years at Camp Half Blood. She most certainly wasn't one of my half-siblings. I would've known her if that was the case. "You heard the rumors, didn't you?" I would soon groan in agony. When would this entire mess stop? It was ridiculous! How could people say such things about me without even knowing me? The thought of it was absolutely depressing.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 am

Wendy Moss

Somewhat surprised that he was aware of the rumours (although, I really shouldn't be, they were spreading through camp like a wildfire and who else would be more aware than the victim of the rumours?), I smiled sheepishly. "Yes, yes, I did." I admitted. "Is it true that she was really five years younger than you?" I blurted before immediately reddening and raising my hands.

"Not that it's a bad thing or anything! Five years is perfectly alright in my book. Even though she is a minor and you're well... Um. I don't know! I wouldn't freak out if I were the others unless you were ten years older or anything." I rambled, raking my fingers through my hair nervously. "Plus, I heard that you were both under the influence of alcohol at the time, so that must have been part of it, right? I mean if you were sober you wouldn't even think of... doing that, right? Or are the rumours just a load of... Because that wouldn't be entirely unsurprising, rumours are rumours after all." I stammered, pressing a hand to my forehead in a flustered way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Yep, she had heard the rumors. At least she was honest about it. Some people tried to beat around the bush, but I knew better. I wasn't born yesterday. I sat there, my red eyes glowing at her. She seemed to have some form of a curiosity. The need to know what really happened. At least she wasn't making crap up and then acting like she knew everything that happened. So there she was bashfully trying to word her way out of upsetting me. What was the point of it anyway? I was already upset. Was she just trying to avoid making me more upset? I'm pretty sure no one could accomplish THAT. I sighed as I took a sip from the wine bottle in my hand. She was rambling on about the rumor. Finally I had had enough. "OKAY, OKAY. You don't have to give yourself a heart attack over me. I'll tell you what happened."

I then turned my body completely to face her. I had my legs crossed and I had my many wine bottles handy. "Alright, it all started with this party that happened at my cabin the night before. I was partying and I had too much to drink. The next day I woke up not remembering a damn thing. I was inside the forest and there was a path of wine bottles that were probably left by me. Then I had a run in with Anna, the girl you probably heard about through the rumor mill. Now I know some people were saying we were doing stuff in the forest, but that's total bullcrap. All we did was talk." I took a moment to quench my throat with a bit more of the wine. "Alright, so I had found a wine bottle with some of the contents left in it and I was drinking it when she asked me if she could have some. Not thinking much on it, I let her. That was when she asked for more and since there was none left in the forest I decided to go with her to my cabin. We went to the cabin, got a whole bunch of wine, then we sat outside drinking. That's when we both ended up getting intoxicated."

I then sighed. "This is the part where the rumor started spinning. She was flat out drunk and I was getting towards that point myself. I asked her to dance with me. We get up, start dancing around the camp when suddenly she kissed me. Being the fool that I was at the time, I went and kissed her back. We were drunk dancing around and made out a bit. That's what got people to start talking about us. Everybody's now saying that I'm into young girls and that's why I'm at camp and blah blah blah. Well I'm here to say that that's not true. I much rather prefer a girl closer to my age. Like I don't know, OVER 18. It's just that we were drinking and fooling around. I would later realize how much of a mistake it was to go and kiss a girl whom was 5 years younger than me. It would be fine if we were adults, but since I'm 20 and she's 15, there's issues with that." I had bluntly told the girl exactly what had happened. I didn't cut corners or anything, I just straight up said what I remembered. It's funny how far rumors can be from the truth.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Wendy Moss

"I wasn't having a heart attack." I muttered indignantly, furrowing my eyebrows as I listened to him tell what had happened. Well, you had to hand it to this guy, he gave me the full, uncensored type of recap. "Oh, I see..." I said, eyes darting sideways quickly before returning to look at Dell. I felt kind of sorry for the guy, although, honestly, I felt that he brought it down upon himself. Shouldn't someone have more self-control over how much they drink? And really! He was still drinking. You would think that he might stop for at least a little while after what had happened between him and the 15 year old.

But oh well. Who was I to judge? "Well, that isn't... so bad." I said hesitantly - it wasn't entirely a lie but it also wasn't entirely the truth. It was somewhere around the midway point. At least I knew now that the rumours weren't true for the most part. He wasn't a pedophile, I could be sure of that in the least. But how do I know whether he was lying or not. Squinting slightly, I peered intently at him for a moment before nodding to myself. It wasn't really that he looked trustworthy or anything (because to be entirely honest, he didn't at all) but I figured he didn't really have anything to gain from lying to me. Except, well, his reputation, but if he had wanted to save that, he could have lied a lot and denied that the whole thing had ever happened.

"Gods, Dell, ask the person how old they are before giving them drinks." I commented, shaking my head in mock-disapproval but grinning at him. "Imagine if she had been a very mature looking 12 year old, things could have been worse." I said lightheartedly, squishing the sand between my toes and running my fingers through my bangs to fix them. I still wasn't entirely comfortable around him, to be honest, and there was still something slightly frightening about him, but I guessed I should at least try to see how he would react before judging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I had finished explaining my side of the story. I had a thing with drinking. I just couldn't seem to stop. Something about alcohol attracted me. I was hooked on the stuff. Even though it was probably the alcohol to blame for doing those things to that 15-year-old, I still found it to be my only comfort. I was downing the rest of the wine bottle as the girl spoke. I could tell there was something up with her voice. She didn't approve of my actions. I couldn't help but laugh a bit at the girl's scolding. "Yeah, probably should. I'd just feel a little like a hypocrite considering the fact I've been drinking since I hit my teens!" Suddenly my laughter became sad in tone. "And I'm probably going to kill myself at an early age....not like I care about my life." I realized my depressed side was showing. Immediately in panic I ripped open a wine bottle and drank the entire contents in a mere few seconds. I coughed and gag, having drank far too fast.

"Nevermind what I said! You still haven't told me your name." I had to keep on drinking. I was better drunk than depressed. Anything would be better than a suicidal me. I wanted to stay alive even though I didn't have much to live for at that point.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 am

Wendy Moss

Slightly disturbed, I frowned at him and gave him one of those looks. "Your life is only what you make of it." I said, rolling my shoulders and leaning back. "Don't let the rumours get you so down. Rumours give your life a little drama! A little flair, a little fun. It all just gets you a little worked up one day and then they'll be behind you the next." I said, shutting my eyes before whacking myself in the forehead.

"Sorry! I forgot to introduce myself before asking you about... yeah." I coughed awkwardly. "Anyways, I'm Wendy! I'm a daughter of Calliope so I chill in the Muses cabin. It's pretty empty lately. I wish mom and her crew would give me more siblings and cabin-mates." I mused (( haha )), shaking my head before looking back at him. "I um... already know who you are." I admitted, laughing a little bit.

(( Sorry about the late reply! ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Suddenly this girl was giving me a little speech on life. She talked about the rumors and tried comforting me. I found it sweet, but at the same time I was slightly annoyed. She had no idea what had occurred in my life nor my personality disorder. For all she knew I was just an adult who drank too much and had a bunch of rumors circulating about him. She then finally introduced herself to me. Wendy huh? She had one of those nice common names. So she was a daughter of one of the Muses. She must've been really into art then. "Yeah, you know who I am, or at least some of me. As you probably know I'm a Dionysus kid and I drink a lot. What you probably don't know is that I drink for a reason." I didn't know why I spoke that aloud. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to admit such things. I never told anyone in my years at Camp Half Blood. Never. My mind was in total conflict. "I have a number of siblings. Not many, but it's never lonely at the cabin considering the fact my siblings always throw parties. You have NO idea how packed the cabin gets." My head was shaking as I was laughing. I took another sip of wine.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Wendy Moss

People always thought they had reasons. All they ever had was excuses. Excuses for what they did, what they wouldn't do, why they did or wouldn't do them. "Wow, must be great." I replied, twiddling my thumbs as he drank some more wine. I shifted uncomfortably, not particularly bothered by having someone drink in my presence but just a little bothered that he kept doing so. Was it me or... did he usually drink like this? "I'm not much of a party person..." I said, furrowing my eyebrows slightly.

"Not too interested in the types of stuff they have there." I said, smiling and nodding towards the wine bottles. I stood up and stretched luxuriously before looking back at him. "Do you swim or are you the type of person who needs to be pushed in?" I asked, laughing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:01 pm

I could tell she wasn't buying it. I simply shrugged it off and continued drinking. Hopefully this wouldn't end on an awkward note. I didn't want any more rumors circulating about me. I was not a pedophile and I was not about to do anything suggestive to this girl even though she appeared to not be that young. "I find partying to be entertaining, though I have to admit that rumor going around wouldn't be the first rumor going on about me." I laughed it off but in a rather shaky manner. Then she suggested swimming. "Well then, I'm a swimmer. You want to jump in for the fun of it? I'm sure it can't hurt." Of course I didn't exactly have a swimsuit but I wasn't exactly thinking about that. My mind was getting kind of fuzzy again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Of All Places...   [Private] Of All Places... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] Of All Places...
Page 1 of 1