Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I walked onto the court. I picked up a ball, and shot a three pointer much to my surprise. I picked it up, and shot another. I started giggling softly to myself. I couldn't believe I was actually good at this.

I sat cross legged on the concrete, thinking more about this place. So many great people, and they all knew of loss.

When I was in Detroit for a few months, I had a boyfriend, Chris. I missed him, but there was nothing I could do about it. He played basketball.

I put the ball in my lap, and let a tear fall on to it.

Last edited by Skye on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:40 pm

I was taking my daily jog around the camp. Sweat was running down my chest, which I was not surprised. I had my shirt off. I looked around the camp while I was running. What can I do after this, I wondered. When I came back to the Hermes cabin I quickly ran inside, grabbed a shirt, and jogged to the basketball court. "Hm.. Haven't played basketball in a few day." I said as slowly putting on my shirt. I walked over to the ball rack, picked up a ball and just started to do a few shots. Spin move, ah! Cross over, back step, and a shot. I smiled when it was a prefect swoosh. The ball rolled over to a girl sitting down. "You alright?" I asked as walking over to her. I was panting with once again sweat running down.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Bella Lopez ][ Athena

Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] Annaso10

I looked up as a ball rolled over to me.

"Um, yeah I'm fine... just thinking," I admitted.

I stood up and shot a basket from where I was standing. I smiled. Surprised I was even able to make a two pointer.

I put out my hand, "I'm Bella. Daughter of Athena."
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:43 pm

I raised an eyebrow as I watched the girl shoot, and make a shot. "Pleasure to meet you Bella, daughter of Athena. I'm sure you met one of my best friends, Katro Ville?" I asked as taking her hand with a smile. I looked at my wrist watch to find it about three o'clock. "Where'd he go.." I asked as looking around. I slowly raised my hand to my mouth and blew the whistle. I looked down and grabbed the basketball. "Be ready. My giant Golden Lab is about to come." I said before Millin came running out of the woods with his tongue out. "Millin!" I yelled as being tackled to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:59 pm

"Yeah, I know Katro," I replied.

A golden lab came bounding out of the woods, and tackled the boy. Millin...sounds familiar.

"Does he bite?," I asked. I kneeled next to the boy and the dog. I rubbed the dog's back.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:39 pm

"No, he only bites when I specifically tell him to!" I said in between the licks on my face. I gently pushed him off of me and stood up wiping away the slobber on my face. I took a look at the girl, who seemed to be new. "So, you new here?" I asked as walking towards the stray basketball near the goal.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 pm

"Yeah, I just got here," I answered.
I picked up another basketball, and walked toward the three point line. I side-stepped an imaginary defender, and drove to the basket. I made the lay-up.
"How long have you been at camp?," I asked.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:06 pm

I watched as Bella drove towards the basketball goal making her right hand layup. "So, you like camp so far?" I asked as picking up another stray basketball of the rack. I heard her ask a question on how many years I've been here at the camp. "Well, noting that I just turned six-teen last month, seven years." I said as shooting a three-pointer with perfect form and watched as it softly hit the front of the rim and went in.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 pm

"I like camp a lot. It's fun not having to always be on the run. And wow, seven years? You must know almost everyone here," I said. I watched his perfect form on his three-pointer. He was good.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 pm

"I travel to New York from Seattle all by myself. I was always on the run.." I said with my voice trailing off." Nah, not everyone. I'm not much of a people person. The only people I know here is Katro, Hunter, Cal, and Kaitlyn." I said with a smile. I went over and grabbed the ball I had just shot through the net. "You play basketball?" I asked as doing a backwards layup.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:26 pm

"I was on the run since I was 6. That was hard, considering I didn't speak English. I don't play much basketball. I think this is the first time I've ever played," I replied. I shot another three pointer, with incorrect form, but it still went in.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:32 pm

I raised an eyebrow as she shot another three pointer. "Hm.." I muttered to myself. "So, why'd you come to the basketball court?" I asked as walking to the free-throw line. I bent down, gripped the basketball, and slowly went up, snapping my wrist. I watched as the basketball went in with a nice and soft swoosh. I smiled and ran over to catch my ball.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 pm

"It reminded me of my old boyfriend," I admitted. I normally never told people stuff like that. I drove to the basket with a left hand layup. It didn't go in, but I got the rebound. I tried another left handed layup, and this time it went in with a nice, swish.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:46 pm

I bit back on my lip when she started to talk about relationships. Tori, I thought. I shook my head to lose the thought. I dribbled towards the layup about to do a right hand layup, but faked it and did a reverse layup. I smiled when I had made it perfectly in the net. I looked over at Bella. "What happened?" I asked as rubbing my temple. "It's alright if I'm taking this to personal. You don't need to tell me. It's just I need to talk. I can't stand boredom." I said as now rubbing the back of my head.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:54 pm

"Oh, I just left Detroit. Too many monsters posing a risk to him and the people I cared about there. Do you have a girlfriend?," I probably shouldn't have asked that question, seeing as he looked a bit sensitive on that topic. I pulled my blonde hair back in a messy ponytail.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:08 pm

I listened as she told me that she left her home. I quite taken back that she had asked about me having a girlfriend of my own. I rubbed the back of my head and breathed out. "I did. But she had an accident." I said as holding back tears behind my eyes. I turned around and quickly wiped them away. "Sorry, didn't mean to be like this." I said as turning back around.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm

"You don't have anything to apologize for. I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked," I said. I sat down on the bench, mentally hitting myself in the face. I let the ball roll away. I pulled my knees up on the bench, and wrapped my arms around them. I looked up at the sky, and started to sing softly in Spanish.

"Todo cambió cuando te vi
De blanco y negro al color me convertí
Y fue tan fácil quererte tanto
Algo que no imaginaba

Fue entregarte mi amor con una mirada
Todo tembló dentro de mí
El universo escribió que fueras para mí
Y fue tan fácil quererte tanto," I sang.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:14 pm

"It's alright." I said before she started to sing her song in Spanish. I listened closely as Bella singed her song in Spanish. "Yo no sabía que hablaba español. Me encantó la canción que acaba chamuscado." I said as smiling at her. I softly sat on the bench on the other side looking up at the sky. "That reminds me of a song of mine too, but it's in German..." I said with a smile. I looked down at the ground, with pain in my eyes and gently let the words out of my mouth.

"Die Liebe ist ein Weg für mich zu entkommen ...
Um die Welt jenseits besser als die Erde ..
Für mich, mit Ihnen zu entkommen ...

Die zwei von uns sind, aber die Liebe von uns beiden ..
Du weißt nicht, die Liebe meines wert ..
Aber ich weiß, dass dein Herz wird eine neue Form zu sein .."
I softly sang to myself. I looked at Millin deep in the eyes and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:37 am

I smiled. "I love the song. It's called, Todo Cambiò by Camila. What song is that in German?," I asked.
I sang more Todo Cambiò.
"Algo que no imaginaba
Fue perderme en tu amor
Simplemente paso
Y todo tuyo ya soy

Antes que pase más tiempo contigo amor
Tengo que decir que eres el amor de mi vida
Antes que te ame más, escucha por favor," I sang.
"Sorry, my singing isn't very good. I'm no daughter of Apollo." I laughed.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 am

"Quite beautiful I have to say. Your singing is lovely." I said as rubbing the back of my head. "It's not a song I listen from someone. I made it up when I traveled along the roads when I came to New York. One of my friends when I first came to Chicago and I made the song up together. We both were little kids running away from home. He had just lost him brother from a robbery and I had lost my mother." I said. I breathed in and out deeply and stood up letting the blood of my body flow back together.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 am

"Thanks," I blushed at the compliment.
"It's a good song, do you write? And, I'm sorry about your mom," I said. I breathed heavily. I stood up.
"So, who's you're dad?"
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 am

"Your welcome." I said smiling. "Oh, I don't write that much. Only in deep thought sometimes. It's alright. My mom had abandoned me because she knew who my dad was. She didn't know anything about Camp Half-Blood so she just left me." I said raising an eyebrow. I heard as she asked who my Dad was. "Oh my gosh! I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself! I'm Devin Millsvil, son of Hermes." I said as bowing with a smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:00 am

I laughed when he flustered over the fact he didn't introduce himself.
"That's fine, Devin. So you're a runner?" I raised an eyebrow. "Maybe later I'll challenge you to a race." I winked. "I've gotten some training from running away from monsters, cops, and cats." I laughed at the last one.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:05 am

"It will be an honor to have a race with another Athena child." I said as smiling. I watched in delight as she winked towards me. I felt my cheeks suddenly go red, and turned away a little. "But beware, I've stayed and lived on the streets for a full 3 years. I've been running away anything that chases me." I said smiling, then laughing.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 am

"An honor? Well..."
I saw his cheeks go red, and then suddenly so did mine.
"Hm... Anything that chases you?" That ought to be interesting.
I mentally summoned an owl. Suddenly, an owl swooped down on my arm. It looked at me with those wise eyes, and cocked it's head at Devin.
"No, no attacking," I whispered to the owl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]   Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting With My Thoughts. [OPEN]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next