Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} Empty
PostSubject: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Catheryn Cade
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Catheryn wandered into the arena, her bow and arrow in hand. Obviously, a place like this is no place for archery, so she decided to try her hand with a knife. Gods, did she stink. She slashed mercilessly at a dummy and made a few minor marks on it, nothing lethal. She groaned mentally. Why couldn't she do anything right? Why couldn't her god parent claim her already? Cade sighed, and continued her failed attempt at attacking the dummy.
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 pm

I saw a girl playing, or was that meant to be training?, with a knife. I pulled Pest from my belt a nd hurdled it stait at the dummy she had been useing. It thunked, handle deep into the chest of the doll. "Would you like some help?" I asked "I do pretty well with my knives," I said with a grin
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Catheryn looks over the boy, hesitantly. He was young, but he looked like he knew what she was doing. Her face lightens slightly, though her guard wasn't down. She considers his offer for a minute, then reaches forward and pulls the knife out from within the dummy. "Why not? If you can help.. I'm useless with a knife. A bow and arrow, any day. But not this." She frowns in frustration.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:40 pm

"Alright, my name is Secaru. You can trust me to know what I'm doing, I've had my knives for three years now. What's your name?" I asked as I recived Pest from her.
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:47 pm

"Catheryn," she says. "Some people call me Cade, I don't have a preference," Cade shrugs, her caramel side bangs falling in her face. She brushes them to the side and twirls her dagger in her fingertips.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am

"Cool, Cade. So how long have you used your bow and arrows and daggers? All I can use are these," I said indicating Pest, Pain, and Death, my three knives. "I'm thinking a spear next though."
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:51 pm

She sighs. "Well, I've only been in camp a few weeks, but I've been getting archery lessons since I'm little. I'm pretty good with the bow, it's the dagger I have no clue what to do with." She bites her lip. She didn't like admitting her faults to people. Not that he seemed to care, at all. He seemed pretty innocent, in that young way that kids tended to have, Of course, her siblings didn't really have that, besides Emma. "Spears sound.. interesting," she says in reply to his comment.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:58 pm

"Alright, first we have to hold the knife correctly. I'll teach you the back handed grip first, hold the weapon so the blade is flat against your wrist, like so." I grasped the handel of the knife and showed her how the blade was hidden. " throu a punch, and miss, see if you angel your hand correctly the blade kinda peaks out? Thats what slices in this grip, And it's nearly impossible to cut yourself."
Back to top Go down
JTJP770

JTJP770

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Zeein's mind began to wander as he walked about camp. One thought in particular was eating away at him, and it was weapon choice. He flashed back to his conversation with Secaru. "Maybe I'll take up the little guys offer.." He said quietly to himself out loud.

When he finally reached the training grounds, he saw who he didn't know to be Catheryn Cade, and as fate would have it. Secaru, he quietly made his near by and took a seat. Watching the two silently as his younger sibling taught Catheryn.
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Catheryn smiles slightly, imitating his stance and movements. She makes a move, and her blade slashes across the dummy from its shoulder to its hip. She stands back to admire her work, wondering how she'd ever accomplished that. What she didn't recognize; however, was the new kid sitting that had arrived while Secaru was showing her.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

I turned to where Catheryn's eyes were looking and saw my sister, Zeein. "Hey!," I called "What are you doing here? Did you choose your weapon already?"
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:58 pm

ooc: Wait... Zeein's a guy... right?
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:02 pm

OOC: Well one of our brothers called zeein a girl and it wasn't corrected so I assume that she's a girl
Back to top Go down
JTJP770

JTJP770

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:19 pm

((Nope! Zeein is in fact male =p I would hope so since I base his looks mainly off my self XD https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/t4185p165-reveal-yourself find my post in there if you want a better idea of what he looks like!))

Zeein smiled and shook his head, "No, not yet. I was actually just taking a walk and my gut lead me here.. not the first time it's happened." He gave a quick once over to the new face with a soft gentle smile. His tone was quiet and gentle as it is with all people he meets for a first time. "Secaru, go teach her. I'm just going to watch for a bit. If I have any questions I'll ask." He then walked a bit closer, and extended his hand. "Zeein Relko, son of Ares."

His voice calm but yet cheerful, his dark brown eyes were showing a mix of emotions. Mostly confusion and fear but he wouldn't admit it unless they pressed him for answers!
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 pm

I smiled at my brother and then turned back to the girl I was teaching. I slightly ajusted her grip so that the blade would be less likely to fall. "There are other grips, but this is the most secure and most basic. The others involve stances and different things, one bad thing about this grip is that you can't stab with it with out twisting your fist to the side like so."
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:35 pm

She blinks, looking at Zeein. When had he gotten here? "I'm Catheryn, d-.." She cuts herself off. She preferred not to announce to people that she wasn't claimed. It just got her even more aggravated, and it was slightly embarrassing. She turns back to Secaru and nods. "This is decent.. better than not knowing how to handle a dagger at all."
Back to top Go down
JTJP770

JTJP770

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:06 am

Zee smiles, "Nice to meet you Catheryn." He said quietly Ipod in hand as he switches the song. "I'll leave you two be, I'm just going to observe. I'm trying to find a weapon I like. And from what I've seen so far. It's best to watch people use them."
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:26 am

I smiled at him, "Yep thats the way I started too, but you have to get a feel for the weapons as well." I then turned to Catheryn. "Do you have the hang of it?" I asked her. "Where do you plan to sheath it? Each has its good and bad points, I keep Death in my boot, that way he's hiden and less likely to be spotted but Pest is kept in my belt while Pain has an arm sheath."
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:47 pm

"Yeah, I think I've gotten it," Catheryn says, nodding at the other boy to acknowledge what he had said. "I'm not sure I even want to carry a dagger on me. I suppose it's good to know how to use one but I'm really better with my arrows," she says.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:59 pm

"I would keep the blade on me, for as good as you are with the bow if someone gets close it's not going to be much help." I laughed, though it really wasn't a laughing matter. "When did you first start with your bow? Was it before or after camp?"
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Catheryn nods. "That might be a good idea," she says. She'd probably keep it in a belt-area sheath, though she wouldn't actually wear a belt. "I started archery when I was 3. A little young, but my dad knew I was a demigod so he made sure to get me lessons," Catheryn shrugs. Too bad her dad had no idea who her mother was.
Back to top Go down
JTJP770

JTJP770

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Zeein stood up, he thought it over and he finally came to decision. "Secaru.. I think I know what I want. I've thought about it a lot over the last few days, and I want a sword and shield. But I want them to be custom, something I draw my self ya know? I can't build it, I'll have to ask someone else too." His dark brown eyes looked over at Catheryn and he smiled, he pushed some bangs from his face. His t-shirt was had "The Who" written on it, his jeans were acid washes and ripped at the knees. And a chained wallet hung from the belt loop in front front to the back pocket.
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Catheryn catches Zeein looking at her and grins, her ponytail sticking to the back of her neck in the heat. She pulls it to the side, and its caramel strands dangle over her shoulder. She realizes she was looking at him for a bit and looks away, her own brown eyes scanning the arena. Seeing not many other people, she disables the dummy, slicing its head off before sliding her dagger into her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Bwilla

Bwilla

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 am

I raised my eyebrows at the two, having reconised the flirting. "I have a friend in the Hephestus cabin. He might be able to help you get you weapons, he my be young but he knows what he's doing. His name is Freeman and he speaks in plures because of some past trauma."
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Cade looks back once Secaru starts to talk again, not having noticed his eyebrow raise. "Plures?" She asks, definitely confused. It sounded almost like a disease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}   Why can't things be easy? {OPENN} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why can't things be easy? {OPENN}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next