Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop

Go down 
+3
Katie Firebird
Pоseidon
Son of Olympus
7 posters

Should we have a 'Battle Arena' where you can battle other members and/or CPU monsters
Yes, regardless of the amount of work.
Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_lcap17%Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
No, absolutely no.
Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_lcap33%Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Yes, if it's not to much work.
Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_lcap42%Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Yes, but may I add...
Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_lcap8%Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Son of Olympus

Son of Olympus

Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop Empty
PostSubject: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Ok this would be a lot of work but....

For every post you make you get one Drachma. [This includes all previous posts]

The 'Team' will have to build a 'War Shop' where you can buy Attributes such as but not limited to: Strength, Agility, Speed, Accuracy.

Or you can buy Weapons with these Drachma's.

Then you build some type of platform that Factors in all these things and choses the winners of a battle. The Loser would then pay a pre-agreed amount of Drachma's to the Loser.

Maybe it could be possible to factor in what cabin you're from? ie. Son of Athena get's extra Strategy point; son of Hephaestus gets extra Strength points.

Perhaps there could be CPU monsters with preset XP levels. Such as Dracenae, Cyclops, Drakons.

It may be a lot of work (idk) but It's worth a suggestion. if you go to http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/default.asp it is titled "Battle Arena" maybe you could ask some of the Admins how it works.

Ares wrote:
For the stats part to work out, you'd have to have a previous basic stat system which everyone would have to create a level or something for their characters to have a base system - Then you need to factor in abilities to give them that base.... Stats wouldn't really work here.

EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE!!!

Last edited by Son of Olympus on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Suggestion @ Ares)
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm

For the stats part to work out, you'd have to have a previous basic stat system which everyone would have to create a level or something for their characters to have a base system - Then you need to factor in abilities to give them that base.... Stats wouldn't really work here.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:25 pm

This idea has already been suggested (the drachma thing) and we are currently developing systems involving it.

There is a way to create a combat system (already suggested by me) but as it has been said before there is no 'accurate' way to do this. While stats are a good idea it is VERY hard to accurately keep track of all of that.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:08 pm

If you guys need any help creating a system, I'd be glad to help - I created a system on my last forum as well, which greatly helped everyone and seemed to make role play more fun for majority of the community.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:24 pm

I say no. Too complicated, and I don't think it would work out . . .

Katie, like she said above, already suggested a battle system . . . But personally I think we're fine without one. ^^
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:40 pm

If any help is needed in designing this, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand and get involved. and yeah there would need to be preset stats, then I guess you could add in a certain amount of point. The first game that actually comes to mind when this is taked about is Fire Emblem :P besides if we can get a lot of people to try and build it, then there would be no harm in at least trying. Like maybe your stats could be part of your profile, and you make them when you sign up.
Back to top Go down
Son of Olympus

Son of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Yeah but to keep people from Goding all over the place, there could be Attribute points that you can spend on your stats and you earn more with money, and maybe completing quests. I have no experience how ever in ANY type of coding and couldn't help at all with the design. So somebody who knows what they're doing could take the bull by the horns.
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm hoping to go into coding, but I think this'll be a little to big for me to bite off, I know a couple of people who might be able to help though, so I'll see if they can.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:53 am

^^I feel the same way about the god moding thing. It sucks. Bad really. But you couldn't just add stats to the user. We've got alot and I do mean ALOT of charries to make stats for. And if only the admins do it, well, that's going to be bad. I say no to this idea. Like it, but not just fully agreeing.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:14 am

Physical Stats =
Strength:
Speed:
Durability:
Energy/Stamina:

Fighting Stats =
Hand to Hand:
Short Ranged Weapons:
Long Ranged Weapons:

Demigod Stats =
Power:
Control:

Strenght - Refers to how strong your character is physically.
Speed - Refers to how fast and agile your character is, as well as their reflexes.
Durability - Refers to how much damage you can take before you're knocked out or killed.
Energy/Stamina - Refers to how much energy or stamina your character has.

Hand to Hand - Refers to your character's ability to fight without a weapon.
Short Ranged Weapons - Refers to your character's skill with a short ranged weapon.
Long Ranged Weapons - Refers to your character's skill with a long ranged weapon. i.e.

Power - Refers to how strong your attacks or abilities are.
Control - Refers to the amount of control someone has over their attacks or abilities.

This is just a rough draft that I've put together quickly, but going off this - You could then base monsters off the same template. i.e.

Centaur:
Physical Stats =
Strength: 90
Speed: 60
Durability: 80
Energy/Stamina: 80

Fighting Stats =
Hand to Hand: 40
Short Ranged Weapons: 20
Long Ranged Weapons: 0

Though I'm not sure if you wanted something like this... But this is just a small idea that you'd be able to work on. However, you'd need to set a limit as to how high the stats can go... Something like 1000... Because even then, you need 9000 posts to max out all your stats... I dunno, maybe you can work something out based off this.
Back to top Go down
Son of Olympus

Son of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:52 pm

That was something like I was thinking of. But setting the code for how the different stats would interact would be farely hard I assume. Also there would be weapons you could take in to fight which would raise your various stats ei:

Long sword = + 10 long range damage, + 5 Short Range damage, -5 speed.

And characters could take in multiple weapons, but only one from each catagory such as:

Long Range Weapon: long sword
Short Range Weapon: short sword
Hand to Hand: Drop kick
Utility Weapon: Dagger

And not to get to complicated but maybe there could be a place where you spend money on 'lessons' to upgrade your Martila Arts and thus hand to hand?

Again I have to say that I can do NOTHNG with the actual building of the system because I know nothing about coding, however I can keep submiting ideas and brain-childs...
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:24 pm

You wouldn't need any coding for it though, and there'd be no point in having specific weapons boost or lower stats. It makes no sense that someone with an exceptionally high strength level would be faltered by swinging a long sword - It's these small things which a person's role play skill would come into play. If you have a higher strength and the same speed as someone, you're gonna be able to swing the sword faster then them.

As for the H2H thing, you wouldn't really need to spend money. Maybe you could spend money to open the stat up and have other arts. i.e.

H2H (Muay Thai): 1000
H2H (Judo): 400
H2H (Krav Maga): 200

And do things like these with the other weapons stats instead of being capable of carrying just one weapon into battle because 2 of my character's actually have 2 weapons.. One of them wields Twin Swords, which actually form his Bo-Staff... And the other one wields Twin Daggers. It'd mainly just be your mastery with these weapons, but you could probably do something like with H2H. i.e.

SRW (Daggers): 1000
SRW (Swords): 800
SRW (Staffs and Spears): 200

LRW (Bows): 1000
LRW (Throwing Knives): 600
LRW (Guns): 200

Though I'm not sure if you'd want to elaborate onto different types of guns, like Machine Gun - Pistols - Shotguns etc. etc. because I'm yet to see anyone use a gun, so I think this'd be rather pointless.

The only thing we'd need to work on, is the difference between the specific stat numers. Like, for example... 100 strength means you can like 5 kilograms in weight, yet a 200 in Strength could mean you can like 15 or 20 kilograms - Up until 1000, which means you'd be able to lift something like 200kilograms or some ridiculous weight like that. And then maybe we'd be able to have a specialty, or maybe a special class where you can cap your stats at say... 800 max, but take one stat to like 1500 or 2000... So that'd be your prime stat. The perfect example here would be Heracles with his strength, though this is an idea that can be easily G-Modded with, so it might be best to leave it out.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Personally, I think we should just skip it...
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Experienced Poster
Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:46 am

I don't know about anyone else,I don't really think we need a battle system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop   Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle's, Drachma's, War Shop
Page 1 of 1