Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Suggestions for Future Battles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan

Suggestions for Future Battles Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for Future Battles   Suggestions for Future Battles I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 pm

I will be quick with this. The Battle topics are way too insane to keep to one thread. I'm noticing the rapid posting of multiple people and the lack of order. There is just simply too many people to have a post order, so everybody just posts whenever and suddenly there's 5 new posts every minute. This does not bore well. I don't want to have to ignore 20 different people's posts just for the sake of seeing if somebody like the Gamemaster replied to my attacks. And I fear that when I wake up, I'll have to scan through pages of posts just to find the one I need. So with this new battle system installed, I will like to suggest this:

How about we branch off the battle into multiple threads?

We can do this multiple ways:

1. The staff can create multiple threads for one battle. For example: Bacon posts threads Battle #4, Battle #4 Branch 2, and Battle #4 Branch 3. This keeps it from having too many people in one thread.
  2. The staff can create one main topic and let people post their own branch threads if they feel that they want to kill stuff with friends. That way not only are there less people crowding the thread, people don't have to search through pages of posts to find their friend's response and there are no "thread takeovers". Definition of Thread Takeover: When a small group, usually 2 or 3 people, takes over a major event thread and posts back and forth like crazy. The problem with this is that when they leave usually other people will end up doing the same thing. So if Bob and Bill post back and forth and Bob leaves, Sally and Angel go posting back and forth while Bill replies to Bob in the middle. Bob is forced to scan through pages of just Sally, Angel and other people posting just to find where Bill's post is.
  3. Staff announces that the battle has started, open up the Battlefield, and let people post their own threads. The members will have to label the thread somewhere something like [Battle #4] most likely. With this way it's much easier for members to connect with each other during the battle. Also the staff gets to look at multiple small threads instead of one giant thread as proof of if members are obeying the dice system if they choose to use it. I mean come on guys, I think it's easier to read four 2 page threads instead of one 30 page thread.

I feel that with this people can enjoy the battles more without fearing clutter or chaos and the staff members will have an easier time checking for cheating or abuses in the dice system.

Thank you for reading,
Rhyme
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Future Battles   Suggestions for Future Battles I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm

I really like this idea. I hope the administrators see this sometime.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Future Battles   Suggestions for Future Battles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 am

ME GUSTA, RIMA.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Future Battles   Suggestions for Future Battles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:50 am

Oh, I do like this idea. xD

Perhaps we could even have groups of cabins post in one thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Future Battles   Suggestions for Future Battles I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:20 am

That would be a nice idea also. Make things organized. After all, in the books the cabins DID split up into teams for other events and plans and whatnot. I don't see why we can't mimic that instead of having every member on the forum post like a maniac. Also, thanks for going in to put my idea into effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Future Battles   Suggestions for Future Battles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Future Battles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: