Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Saving You from Death!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Banana
Banana

Saving You from Death! Empty
PostSubject: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 pm

The manticore appeared, hands on a squirming Melina. "Stop it girl, you know it's impossible to get free. I'd kill you now but you have another destiny to take." he smiled.

MJ knew she was dead the moment she felt the cold floor rather than the carpeted room. She wanted them to know that Melina was the target, never her. Now it was too late. Someone might die.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 pm

"Let me go!" I commanded. What did they want with me? What was it that I had doen that was so wrong? I don't get it. How could I possibly be worth so much that someone would capture me?

I squirmed around as the manticore held on to me. It was useless, there was no chance I could break free. I'll get through eventually, just not yet. I ceased my movement, and waited for the right time to escape. I scanned the enviroment. Yeah, it was definietly the land of the dead. This is my second time being here, though, but I was never captured.

As the manticore spoke, I turned to it with a puzzled expression. "Destiney? What destiney? You haven't even told me the exact reason why I am here! Tell me now!" I felt its claws sink into my orange Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt. The fabric didn't rip, but I could feel it being stretched.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:48 am

He smiled, getting her to stop resisting. "Soon. You'll know it soon." he laughed darkly. His hads, claws rather, didn't loosen its grip on Melina.

She hoped the Manticore doesn't see her. One of her knife, the only weapon she had left, was just within her grasp. She heard voices but she could only see the dark. Finally reaching for her dagger, she began to cut the rope. As quiet as a mouse, she stood up, rip the cloth in her mouth and held up he dagger. "Shut it monster."she threatened him.

~Do we need Kai here? Or you want Zin in?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:38 am

~ Eh, just keep it the way it is. xD

Realizing that MJ broke free from captivity, I spark of hope filled me. If I was able to escape from the manticore's clutches, I would be able to meet up with Victoria and the others once more. If they were even here, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

What has happened? All she could still see was darkness. Shaddows played with her sight. Was she going blind? Maybe. "Show yourself!" she commanded. She heard Melina's voice and wondered if she was too late in warning them. "Give me my sight back and fight fairly!" she placed as much force as she could master.

The manticore laughed. It shook his body slightly and shook his hostage as well. "Foolish girl. Having a taste of your own medecine eh shadow girl? Not laughing now are we he teased. MJ stood up, ignoring the teasing. The monster laughed again. "I have better things to deal with than you." he said and aimed a dart into her side. She went crashing down the ground, lungs out of air.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:26 pm

As I turned my head to where MJ was, I gasped as she fell to the ground. She seemed like she was gasping for air, only for my sake. It seemed like she knew this was going to happen. What did I do anyway? It's not like I killed thousands of people or anything, I've only been at camp for five years. I haven't really gone on any quests, except maybe escaping from camp to save a few friends or so, but nothing really major!

"Leave her alone!" I shouted at the manticore. No one was going to die. Not today, not tomorrow, never, as long as I am around. If I am the one that is to die, then fine, but no one else. Only me.

~ Now back to Victoria, Connor, and Jasper.

"Oh. My. Gods," I said, entering the gate into the undeworld. This place was seriously hideous; it almost looked like one giant toilet with a bunch of dead bodies scattered around the place. I can't believe Hades actually lives down here. Heck, I actually have some sympathy for Persephone now that I know she deals with all of this!

"Well, I guess this is the place." I scanned the path in front of us. Blocking our path was Cerebus, the guard dog. Of course the living get all the complicated routes, and the dead just have to wait to have a drachma placed under their tongue and their bodies be burned to enter. "So, where do we start?"
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 pm

"We start after we get pass through him." he pointed at the large three headed dog. "All we need now is something destractive. A red ball maybe?" he offered, but he knew there weren't red rubber balls in hell. Only red flaming balls.

Where was the light? The dark was frightening. "Y-You couldn't F-fight f-airly?" she managed to get out. "T-Then you're we-weak." she choked, trying to get air back into her lungs. She leaned back on her elbows and tried to look at them. But she was sightless.

"Little pest." he spat at her. His grip loosened a little, but he was too irritated to notice. "I'd have you for lunch if bringing her wasn't so necessary. But no matter" he grinned triumphantly, "after my little delivery, we'd see how you'll cope on being a brat." he snickered.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Realizing that his grip loosend, I began squirming in the manticore's hand again. A moment later, I was capable of breaking free. I drew my celestial bronze sword, and assisted MJ out of her captivity. As I looked back at the manticore, a moment of fear passed over me. If I was to die now, in the underworld, what would my friends do? They was a possibility they could also lose their lives, and it would be my fault. I didn't want that. My courage began to build up again, and I readied my weapon for battle.

"I could always fly us over," I said. They probably didn't understand what I was saying. My mom is the goddess of victory, and she is often depicted with wings. Not many of her children inherited that gift, and I haven't met a sibling of mine that did, but I did.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:11 pm

"Fly." he nodded. But still felt confused. How could she fly? He doesn't get a clue. But if it was enought to save Melina and MJ, he was approved of it.

~Meanwhile
"Me-Melina?" she coughed out. She could feel a prescence helping her out. "Is-Is it you?" she whispered. She doesn't know if it was a good thing or bad. Good because she just saved her, and bad because the Manticore has what he wanted.

He growled low to them. "You demigods have been a pest for a long time." he hissed. As he was about to attack, the ground rumbled. He suddenly relaxed. Stood up and smiled. "Well, my time for being on hire is up. I'd wish you luck, but there aren't any in here." he chuckled. Without any more formality, he disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:29 pm

"It's me," I told MJ reassuringly. My gray-eyed gaze was fixed on the manticore. What was it that he was hiding? I had a hunch that Hades had something to do with it, but what? I didn't understand; it couldn't have been because of me and Kai . . . could it?

The manticore growled fiercly, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood upright. It said something about demigods being a bunch of pests for a long time, but it's expression soon shifted into one of pleasure. "What's that look on your face for?" I hissed. After a moment, I realized what it was. Hades was coming.

For me.

"Okay, everyone grab on," I said. Connor grabbed on to one of my hands, which is something we haven't done in a long time. Yeah, he was cute and all, but I had Jasper now, and I really wasn't one for cheating.

Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Jasper held on. She was his life line. As Connor did too, he looked away. Trying to get the thoughts out before it came. Jealousy rose in him and he smirked. It was really different from hearing it and feeling it. "Let's go." he said quietly.

"Melina. You have to go!" she yelled, hoping she'll understand the magnitude of the problem. "You need to get out of here!" she said. And then, the hair on the back of her neck rose. "Someone's comming. Run before it's too late." she whispered and gulped. "Save yourself." she whispered, knowing her lack of sight would lessen their chance of survival.

Hades hid in the shadows, smirking. Pity they're about to die. He could use the loyalty shown by the Athena kid. Even the bravery of the other one. But he knows what he needed. And pity wasn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:15 pm

I redirected my eyes to MJ, who seemed like she couldn't see anything at all. If she couldn't, then I had to protect her. "No, I'm not leaving you here," I said. "It's bad enough that some of the other campers have had horrible pasts, but having a horrible present, that would just make it worse. I can't let you die, I won't let you die. Just stay out of the fight, you're safe behind me." I hoped that my words were true. I tried to show as much bravery as I could, but even the slightest bit of fear crept inside of me. I couldn't let it control me, or that would just lead me to a terrible end.

What was it that I was afraid of anyway? I've fought tons of monsters before, but I was never as scared as this. Was it because I was unaware of what was really going to happen? Was I afraid of that something--or someone--that was trying to rid of my existance?

"Show yourself!" I called out. No one showed up, but I knew someone was here, and it wasn't Victoria, Connor, or Jasper.

When both boys held my hands, I sprinted off with a running start. I began to pick up more momentum, and soon, my feet were off of the ground and in the air; the faint white wings--like the ones that my mother had--had sprouted from my back. Soon, we'd be over the wall in no time.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Jasper looked at her in awe. "You'r-You're beutiful." he complimented. As they soar in the air, he saw Ceberus bark, trying to catch them or something. A shiny thing caught his eye and he felt a chill ran down his spine. "There! By the guards." he pointed out. Now, if only Zin was there, this quest could have been easier. But she wasn't. And he was to accept the fact that someone might die.

"He-He's not after me!" she yelled back. "All he wants is you. I could feel him in the shadows. He's almost here Melina!" she said in desperation. To show her she could handle herself, she raised a knife. Her hands weren't shaky at all. She was confident that she could do more withought sight. All those years in the dark paid off.

"Too late." he purred as he got out of the shadows. His helm changed as he appeared. It was as if he was being passed through cloth. Translucent but deadly. Until he appeared in full physical state, the cape of his became bright red. And he radiated death. This was Hades in his worst form. The war like god had strickingly sharp features. And his deep black eyes focused on one thing. Melina. Not minding the other one at all. But she will have her own time too.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I felt my legs begin to shake, but later regain composure. It was Hades. This wasn't the first time I met him, however. It was the second. "Hades," I said, trying to act brave. "It's been a long time. I didn't expect to see you come out of hiding just for me." I gripped the hilt of my sword tightly, so tight that my knuckles turned white. I wasn't sure if I was ready to go up against him, but whether I liked it or not, I was going to either way.

"Well, aren't you cute," I told Jasper. I looked below us; the sounds of Cebreus barking met my ears. The dead, three headed dogs; how much worse could it possibly get?

As I looked downward, I noticed three figures from a distance. Two were standing in what looked like they were ready to brawl, and the third one kneeled on the ground with a knife in it's hand. It was them. Melina was down there, and so was MJ, but who was the other guy?
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm

MJ tensed up. So Hades was the one who wanted Melina. But it raised so many questions, it was hard to track. "Er, lord Hades, what are you doing here?" she asked awkwardly. Of coarse he was here. This was afterall his domain.

"Well, for once, this is my place." he chuckled darkly. "Next, I want to greet you, ah, little ones." he couldn't help but play with them. But his eyes held anger. "Dear Melina" he turned to the demigod. "why don't you come here and let's talk. No need to bring the others in, shall we?" he purred.

Jasper blushed. "Er, there they are." he whispered. Melina looked fine, but she was threatened by the man's prescence. While MJ, MJ looked uneasy. But there was something in her eyes that was so...distant. "Sneak back?" he offereed.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 pm

I studied the expression on Hades' face. Anger, just as I expected. Now, if he is just as hot-headed as maybe, Ares, then this might be easy for me. I'd just have to make him angry enough to throw him off track. "Fine, just don't bring anyone else into this. This is between you and me, no one else."

"You mean behind MJ?" I asked. Connor seemed like he was ready to battle. Clearly, he valued our friendship enough to go down there and take this guy on himself, but if we somehow lost Melina, that would be good if we lost him too.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:28 pm

He nodded. The man didn't even look twice on us. But something in the way he held his expression made Jasper rethink of how they will save Melina and MJ. "Guys, I-I think I know who this is." he said and turned to them. A grave look on his face. He knew all those years of visiting people's dreams would pay off. Some had, unfortunately, dreamed about this guy.

"Melina, no. It's a trap. You think he'll let the others go easily? He's cunning and cruel Don't trust him." she whispered. Gripping Melina's wrist in one hand and the knife in the other.

"I'm waiting." he said. Hidden amusement in his eyes. "You comming little hero?" he purred. Teaasing her was a game he'd like to play.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:48 pm

After Hades spoke, I turned to MJ. "Don't worry about me," I insisted with caring eyes, a small smile forming on my face. "I'll be fine. It's the others I'm worried about." I regretted my words a moment after I said them, but I knew I couldn't go back on them now. I released my wrist from MJ's grip and proceeded toward Hades. My weapon was still in hand, just in case he decided to pull a fast one.

"We have to help Melina," I said, watching her walk over toward the man. "It's Hades, and no one ever knows what he is capable of. If Melina dies today, it'll be hard explaining it to her boyfriend, Kai."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:43 am

"That's when we worry." she mumbled as Melina left her in the dark. MJ sighed but didn't let her guard down. "You won't go on with no one by your side." she insisted. Besides, she was useless in the dark.

"Good little hero." he said, eyes dancing with dark humor. "Go on." he urged her. When MJ insisted on comming, he growled under his breath. 'I'll have to deal with her later.' he thought.

"Not being a spoiler and all, but I don't care how will Kai reacts. We will get her back." he said. He doesn't even know who Kai was, but his reaction was the least of their worries.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:07 am

I ceased walking when I had finally reached Hades. Gripping my sword, I showed him I wasn't playing around. When I looked up at the god, fear crept into me once more. I didn't let that stop me, however, so I acted as brave as I could. "Well, I'm here," I said.

"Should we land now, or wait and see what happens?" I asked. I wished I could land now and help my friend and all, but even the slightest bit of fear stopped me. I pondered on whether I could go down there or not. Hades was one of the most torturous gods there were, and if he hurt Melina, I'd never forgive myself.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:18 am

"Yes. We have too. Or it'll be too late." he muttered. They were nearer now. Atleast 11 feet above MJ. Easy distance to land from. But before anyone could react, Jasper let go of Victoria's hand. Landing on his feet, he bent his knees on the impact. "Hades." he nodded slightly to show his prescence. Well, atleast he needed to distract Hades from Melina. Even if bringing the attention at him means death itself.

"Hearing Jasper's voice was enough. "Jasper, he's after her!" she gasped out. She turned around but still saw nothing. 'Why am I blind?!' she mentally screamed.

"Good girl." he smiled as she walked closer. The dread in her eyes showing off. Perfect. As he was about to grab her arm, a boy appeared. Hades cursed in an ancient language. "Idiotic boy." he muttered, and smiled, a bit crazed. He held his hand out, and skeletons began to sprout out of the ground.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:32 am

"What? No!" I exclaimed, advancing forward on the skeletons. Raising my sword, I slashed at the first one, then the second. Hacked the third one's arm off, and then thrusted at another's chest. I knew this was going to happen! I scolded myself. I knew it all along, and even when I tried to keep my guard up, I still failed! Everyone is going to die because of me!

"Jasper!" I called from above. Realizing that it was useless, I let my wings fade away and drop to the ground, neverminding a safe landing. I drew my celestial bronze dagger. "Melina, get out of here!" It was useless, she was to defiant. What was she trying to do, anyway? Save us, or prove something?

"Ugh . . . Victoria, please land safely next time." Regaining my balance, I stood up and unsheated my sword. My water bottle was still in my backpack, but I knew that wouldn't be enough to fully drench this guy.

Along with Victoria, I charged after the remaining skeleton warriors. It seemed like Melina had taken down the majority already. Nevertheless, I'm sure all of us knew that our efforts wouldn't matter. Hades could easily summon more, or possibly, just snap his fingers and rid us of our existance.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:45 am

"Get out of here Melina! Grab MJ!" he ordered, as he finished his 4th skeleton. "Go on!" he ordered. More skeletons began to raise form the ground. And it looked almost funny, lime plants groaning from the ground, except for the fact that they will kill you. "Urgh." he groaned and hacked a skeleton.

"At the height of the battle, there wasn't anymore time for her to feel lost. She had powerful sense of where the enemy is. As another knife was inchesaway from her face, she stabbed the owner. "Er, guys, dontwant to pop anyone's bubble, but I can't see a thing!" she complained.

"Pests." he growled. As he ordered more skeletons, the more his plan got tangled. "This has to end soon." he muttered. The sooner, the better. But he didn't let the amusement of watching them fight lessen. Instead, he summoned more skeletons. More and more.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:58 am

The more skeletons that rose from the ground, the more I had to fight, which will eventually leave me, and everyone else; fatigue. This had to end soon, and I had a feeling that I was on the same page as Hades. Stopping in my tracks, I turned around and faced the god. After that, I charged forward, my sword ready. "Leave them alone!"

"Um, excuse me, we're kind of well, how should I put this, DYING OVER HERE!" I shouted to Melina. I give her credit though, she had a big heart, but she was going to get herself killed. I couldn't let that happen, but the additional skeleton soldiers that were summoned held me back.

"How much more could he possibly summon? Even a god has to get tired sometime, right?" I hacked at another skeleton as I spoke. After all of these years, this was definietly the worst kind of trouble Melina, Victoria, and I have ever been in.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:33 pm

"Melina, he won't give us that satisfaction if you give yourself in!" he shouted at her. He himself is growing fatigue. The more he slayed, the more he grew weak. "Just don't." He pleaded.

MJ finished her 3rd skeleton. Still, she couldn't trust in pure instinc alone. That would get her killed. "Jasper?! Melina?! Where are you?" she shunned like a little girl. A skeleton snuck up on her and stabbed her shoulder. She groaned in pain and stabbed it's heart in return. "I'm pretty lost over here!"

They need to learn how to back off and leave her. He thought about making them feel his wrath, but he needs the girl to trust him. Later. "Come now. I'll let them go.. Eventually." he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saving You from Death!   Saving You from Death! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saving You from Death!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: