Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] Trapped

Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Melinda Larkin

Attempting to shift her weight, Melinda shoved to no avail at one of the things that had managed to trap her legs. Well, this was just great. Trying to lean back a little bit, she cringed when the blade of one of the weapons brushed her thigh and she stopped stirring immediately. What a situation to find herself in. She had been training and keeping an eye on a tall, unsteady looking stack of weapons and weights when the pile began to teeter. Acting on pure instinct, she - stupidly - moved over to the pile to steady it, and then they had fell on her instead of the arena ground.

And now, she was... Trapped. Glaring at the pile that was now on top of the lower half of her body and prevented her from moving, she curled her fists and sighed. It had been at least 10 minutes now, and it was the early morning, she wondered if anyone would come along to help her. She probably looked ridiculous, and she should probably cry for assistance - but she had pride, damn it, and she wouldn't allow it to get any more wounded by calling for help from someone. She would get out of this somehow - be it by herself or with the help of another camper.

Time was all she needed, even if she was starting to lose feeling in her legs and feet, and the weight pushing on her hips was starting to make her uncomfortable. Hey, at least the stuff hadn't landed on her stomach, because that would be painful.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:28 pm

((Yeaaahhh I had more posts before, but a couple of threads I posted in got deleted, so my post count went down. Also, sorry it took so long to respond. I HAD TROUBLE FIGURING OUT HOW TO START oTL))

After what he thought to be a successful and efficient practice session, Deimos Seo entred the weapon's storage, casually leaning a practice spear against his left shoulder.
They weren't his weapon of choice for sure. They were a team weapon. The effective use of a spear required the support of a massive shield, and several other shield and spear carrying men at your back. Not really Deimos' cup of tea in any regards.

He propped the spear up against an empty rack, which... if he recalled, had been full a mere hour ago back when he started practice. It was strange, but perhaps in the hour he had been gone, a class had taken place, and all practice spears might have been borrowed.
Although... that didn't quite explain why everything else seemed to be missing.

Deimos' eyes darted quickly around the room, searching for the other weapons, until finally they rested on...
"Melinda?!" Deimos stared at the girl, shocked to find her lower body burried under a pile of weapons. She didn't look to be in any immediate danger, but she definitely looked trapped. She had that defiant look on her face that seemed almost ridiculous when you saw what sort of situation she was in.
"Gods, do I have to follow you around everywhere? Make sure you don't get into trouble or nothing?" Deimos gave out an exaggerated sigh, in mock exasperation, "What'd you do to get in a situation like this one, kid?"
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:24 am

(( I guess that's my fault, sorry about that. xD I HEARD THAT orz IS LIKE, THE JAPANESE VERSION OF oTL. ))

Turning her head much too quickly, her neck popped and Melinda made a face before rubbing it. "Oh, are you following me around, then?" She quipped, grinning lopsidedly before dropping the grin, rolling her shoulders and averting her eyes. "The pile was falling - and I got hit with a stroke of brilliance - so instead of running from it, I ran toward it." She retold, shifting a little bit in order to put a small distance between herself and the dangerously sharp object she had previously been in relatively close proximity with.

He called her a kid, although he couldn't be more than a year older, and when people thought she was younger than she was she was... not exactly offended, or insulted. Just sort of indignant. She always thought that it came from being a girl. You know how it is, long to look older when you're younger than 27, long to look younger when you're older than 27. Just the way things were, and despite everything, Melinda was still a girl - and she could be as vain as she wanted.

Anyways, she wasn't going to ask for help. That would just make her cry or something. Not literally or anything, because that was just way too embarrassing. Besides, she wasn't near that comfortable around Deimos yet. She wasn't even sure what their "relationship" thing really was. Were they friends? Frenemies? Frenemies was such an odd word, and it isn't even a word. Why was she even thinking about it? "Uh... You don't have to help me if you don't want to, or if you have better things to do." She said earnestly, feeling compelled to inform him that he shouldn't feel obligated to lend her assistance. He was bound to have more important things to do, places to be. There was only about five main things that made her unable to just slip out. Of course, they were all heavy and pretty much unmovable by herself. But maybe if she gathered enough willpower or adrenaline or something, it might be possible.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 pm

"Never said I was following you," Deimos stated offhandedly, as though he needed to somehow prove to the world how uncaring and tough he was, "I got better things to do than that."

He listened to her as she told him how she came to be in that position and began chuckling to himself, "You're a smart one, hunh?" Stepping back slightly, he rested his arm against a nearby weapon's rack, seemingly not in any rush to help the girl trapped under the pile of weapons.

Melinda still had that expression on her face. That kind of... angry? Defiant? Deimos couldn't describe it. There was something about it that really irriated him, like, why couldn't this girl get where her place was? Or something along those lines. But at the same time, there was something about it that endeared him to her. Was it her face or was it the expression though...

Sighing again, like helping her was great trouble to him, Deimos pushed himself off the weapons rack and approached Melinda's trapped body. Once close enough, he crouched next to her, and smiled again, "You ought to know by now I don't help people for nothing."
Back to top Go down

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Ignoring the first few things that he had said, Melinda scratched her arm and just relaxed like she was totally used to spending time trapped under piles of heavy things. "Oh yeah, I'm so smart, I'm practically retarded." She commented before she blowing her bangs up and rolling her eyes shortly after. Great, another favour. She really had to stop getting into stuff. Either that or she had to start "happening upon" Deimos when he needed help.

"Alright, alright, you favour hoarder." She grumbled, brushing her face back from her face and glaring at the farthest wall. "Hope you can use those arms of yours well because this stuff is heavy." She informed him, staring at the pile in a hard way, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. Hand moving to her left earring out of habit, she brushed the cool silver of the earring with her fingertip before lowering her hand and frowning.

"I'll try my best to lift from below." She said, biting her lower lip.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 am

Deimos smirked at her casually and stood up. "Mmm, I bet," he mumbled vaguely, not appearing to agree with any of Melinda's statements in particular.

He brushed the dirt off his hands and stretched. "I ain't only doing this being I'm a complete jerk you know," he carefully slid out a spear that seemed precariously close to her hips, "There are a lot of... people out there. And not everyone is out there looking for the little guy."

Throwing the spear aside with ease, he leaned over to pull out a longsword. "People are always looking out for number one, and you gotta-" Deimos frowned, "Don't push, I don't want you to get hurt. You gotta make sure you aren't being taken advantage of. Do you know what I'm sayin'?"

After adding the sword to the slowly growing pile, Deimos stared at Melinda intently and repeated his question, "Do you get what I'm saying?"
Back to top Go down

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:24 pm

"Bet what?" She muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes subtly. Figures that Deimos would be the type of guy to just completely dismiss anything she said, say something to placate her, and then move on to whatever he had in mind. She fiddled with a spearhead and squirmed around a little bit before sighing. She narrowed her eyes and decided to be relatively submissive for once, holding her hands up in surrender for a moment before leaning back on them.

Melinda watched as he worked at the pile steadily, all the while listening to what he said. She turned her head and made a face for a brief second. Even though she was making the face, she was surprised that someone like Tye-Lo-- Deimos was aware of things like how nobody looked out for the little guy. It was the first time that someone had thought of her as the little guy, though.

Shaken out of her thoughts by Deimos seemingly repeating a question that he had asked previously. Wiping the confused expression off of her face, she smirked like he did earlier. "Mmm, I bet." She mimicked him, stifling a laugh and breathing in a ridiculous amount of dust. Sneezing into her sleeve, she jostled the pile of weapons on top of her. She winced at that and looked sheepishly at Deimos. "I'm not clumsy, I swear."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Private] Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] Trapped   [Private] Trapped I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] Trapped
Page 1 of 1