Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Wall of Death [DONE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tethys
Experienced Poster

The Wall of Death [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Kali looked at the huge wall, casting a shadow on the camp. Woah, she thought. Kali's faced so many challenges in her life, but she was almost intimidated by the towering wall. Lava spewed out of cracks, and heavy boulders tumbled down the sides. She saw a couple people already there, tumbling up the dangerous wall. The wall scared her, a whole lot, but she was definitely up for a challenge. She grinned, and ran toward the base of the wall of death.

Last edited by Wish Chance on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 pm

"Aw, crap!" I exclaimed as a huge wad of lava came tumbling down. Luckily it missed, or I would've been a goner. I reached for the next rock and continued climbing up. Another glob of lava raced down the climbing wall, it was heading torwards another camper I didn't recognize. "Hey, watch out!"
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Kali confidently went on, higher and higher up. Every once in a while a rock slammed down, but never too close to her. Grinning, she jabbed her foot into a strong hold, and pushed her body up. She nearly fell off from surprise, when someone said watch out. She scrambled to the side, to see a flow of lava where Kali had been seconds before.

Kali looked over to the one who warned her. A girl, probably her age. She smiled, and said, "Thanks! You really saved me," She peered up, to make sure nothing was about to kill her. Wanting to make a new friend, she introduced herself, "I'm Kali!"

Last edited by Wish Chance on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm

I screambled to the side as a rock rolled down. "I'm Victoria," I replied. "Victoria Murphy, daughter of Nike." Reaching for another stub of rock on the climbing wall, I slowly worked my way up in hopes that this wasn't the way I was supposed to die.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:15 pm

This was all so sudden, and confusing. Who was Nike? Kali barely knew anything about the Greek myths, so now would be a good time to learn something. Sidestepping a rock, she climbed a bit higher. Looking up, she saw a lot of good holds were too far. She stepped over to the side a bit, dodging some boulders. Here, she found some good holds, so she scrambled up, almost getting burned by some more lava in the process. Remembering Victoria, she looked back at her. She wasn't very far away, so she curiously asked, "Who's Nike? I'm a daughter of Chronos, but I don't know who that is. All this Greek stuff is so confusing!" she said, quickly sidestepping a boulder that was inches away from her head.

Last edited by Wish Chance on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

"Nike is the goddess of victory," I replied, sidestepping a few rocks. "I'm not always garunteed victory since she is my mom, but there is always a good chance. That's why I survived the last battle with Cronus and his army." I climbed higher, and higher until I was almost to the top. "Chronus? Isn't he a god of time?"
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 pm

A battle? That would be cool. Kali had total confidence that she could destroy all those monsters, but she knew it would be a great challenge. She sidestepped the molten liquid, Nearly falling in surprise. She looked up. Halfway there, she thought confidentially. Careful to check for anything that was about to burn and/or crush her, she looked back to Victoria, "Chronos, Cronus! They sound the same. Why was there a battle? What was it like?" She was filled with questions, but now wasn't a good time to ask. She needed to be careful of falling, burning, being crushed, etc. to her death.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:38 pm

"There was a battle because the titain lord, Cronus, is trying to conquer Olympus and overthrow the Olympians. The battle was grusome and gory. Nothing I've ever seen before. So many demigods lost their lives that day, but luckily there were survivors."
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 pm

"Did you survi-" never mind, stupid question. She was supposed to be the smart one, but she felt a little stupid now. She heard some stories of deaths and victories around camp, and it all sounded like a big challenge. Kali knew you had to be careful in battle. Use the best strategy, and think before you act. Kali had a whole lot of experience with monsters, so she knew how to use her sword pretty well. Deep in thought, she barely noticed the lava flow, that was incinerating her hair. Shoot, she thought, and stepped to the side. She brushed some ashes, and dead pieces of hair off her head. At least she didn't catch on fire.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm

"Wow, watch out there," I warned. Dodging a few incoming rocks, I kept checking on Kali just to make sure she was okay. I understood how she felt. Being the new camper isn't always easy, I didn't even know much about Greek mythology when I first came. Although, after being here for five straight years, everything becomes so much simplier. It's just the battles that worry me, I'm always afraid that I'll lose someone close to me.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Kali scaled higher; every once in a while glancing up, or back at Victoria. She felt so new to all of this. She'd never been to a camp. She never had a real home. Kali was always on the run, killing monsters. Guess that was what life was like for any demigods. Startled by a rock, she fell down a foot or two. She quickly found a new hold, and clung harder. She smiled, just realizing something. Victoria, daughter of the goddess of Victory. Victoria, Victory. She grinned, and got back to where where fell from.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm

I glanced back down at Kali and saw her smirking. "What's up with you?" I chuckled. I quickly dodged a glob of lava, and then a few rocks. This was getting pretty easy, due to the fact I've been doing it for five years.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Kali stumbled away from a boulder, just in time. She frantically looked for a grip, and hung onto it. She scurried upward, like a squirrel climbing a tree. Kali simply dodged a slow flow of lava. Almost there, thought Kali. Then something occurred to her. How do they get down? She heard the daughter of Nike's voice, and said, "Nothing really. It's just your name, you know, your a daughter of the goddess of victory, and your name's Victoria..." she paused, hoping Victoria knew what she meant.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:08 pm

I sidestepped another incoming rock. "Oh, yeah. My name is actually Latin for my mother's name Nike. Pretty cool, huh?" Being named after my own mother always did interest me. It was weird how my mom would choose to give me her name. What did I have incommon with her? I was just a regular demigod training everyday to fight off the forces of evil. I'm not as powerful as a child of Zeus, but not as weak, and I'm certainly not the goddess of victory. Heck, I'd never even come close to achieving the status of a goddess!
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Kali kept climbing, confident that she would reach the top. As she scaled the wall, there was a sudden chill. Everything just seemed to freeze. Not temperature-wise, like it lost motion. Lava flows stopped in their tracks, and boulders and debris seemed to float. Even Victoria seemed to be unmoving. In the blink of an eye, rocks tumbled, lava flowed, and Victoria scrambled on. That was weird. At first she thought she was just going crazy, but then she realized something. The daughter of Nike said Chronos was a god of time. So, did Kali just freeze time?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 pm

I pursued my way up the climbing wall. After dodging heavy rocks and boiling lava for about three minutes, I finally reached the top - again, for about the one millionth time already. I watched as Kali scaled up the wall vigorously. She wasn't that bad for a beginner, and she seemed like she had a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Kali, seeing the shadow of a boulder, jumped to the side. She scrambled for a grip, a pushed herself up. Victoria was already on the top, and Kali was determined to catch up. After a few minutes of dodging fiery liquid and large rocks, she was able to scale the climbing wall all the way to the top. Carefully looking back, she had an amazing view of camp. She could see each individual cabin, the big house, and cold even make out Thalia's pine. Although she was content with the view, she decided to look away, and back at Victoria. Nervously looking down to the bubbling pit of lava, spewing molten liquid on parts of the wall, Kali asked, "How exactly do we get down?"
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 pm

"You climb back down. However, luckily for me, I can fly down," I replied. I viewed the rest of the campers struggling up the climbing wall. Most were ones that I've seen before, but the rest were campers I didn't recognize. They were most likely new, just like Kali.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Fly down? How? Kali knew she was a daughter of Nike, but how can being a daughter of the goddess of victory make you fly? Maybe all demigods could do this. Victoria said she could luckily fly down, so it was probably uncommon to have that ability. Or maybe she had something that could make her fly. A jet pack, flying shoes? Deep in thought, Kali barely had time to dodge a boulder tumbling down. She went a bit off to the side, as she kept climbing downward. Once she got to the bottom, she carefully dodged the pit of lava, and her feet were back on solid ground.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 pm

"It's simple," I said. I commanded my wings to sprout from my back. They were a faint white. My mom was always depicted with wings, and because of her I inherited hers. It was always nice to have the breeze in your face, the wind whistling in your ears. It was amazing. I flew down from the climbing wall head first, and did a flip in the air, landing on my feet. My wings began to fade away, and I looked like my normal self again.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm

It felt nice to be on the ground again. It was pretty cool about how the Nike girl had wings. She went through everything in her head, Chronos, my father, is a time god, Nike is the goddess of victory, and she had wings. Kali smiled, and said, "I should get going. My sister's probably waiting for me, so bye!" said Kali. Walking away, she went in the direction of the cabins.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm

"Yeah, I have to go too. I'll see you around camp," I replied. I sprinted torward the Hera cabin to prepare for my next lesson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wall of Death [DONE]   The Wall of Death [DONE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wall of Death [DONE]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: