Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:04 am

The forest was dark, and no sun came through the tightly packed leaves. Matzie looked around, squinting his brown eyes, as though it would help him see through the leaves to look at the sun. Lyon, Matzie's dog, bounded over. Matzie smiled at the sight of his companion, gently stroking Lyon's long soft fur. With a sigh, the son of Hephaestus continued forward. His hair was brown and he was tall, muscular and had rather large hands and feet.
Matzie continued through the forest with a sigh. Leaves crunched under him with each step, and Lyon padded beside him and sniffed the air curiously. Without warning Lyon bounded forward, barking happily. Matzie frowned, but quickly followed.
He skidded to a stop as he entered a clearing. The sun illuminated the area in a radiant light, making the brigtly colored fall leaves look like the fires of a forge. He smiled widely, running his fingers through his hair. He then saw why Lyon had run here...the scent of a person. They must be somewhere nearby here because Lyon was restless. Lyon loved people...the dog was always overly friendly to everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 am

There's just something about autumn that really makes Catherine smile. Perhaps it was the crunching of the golden and red leaves under her foot- not that she liked stepping on them. Or how the overly large canopies were painted with sunlight and the seasonal colors. Whatever it was, it had brought her to the forest's small clearing with a small container of blueberry ice cream in hand.
Surprisingly the ice cream was colored blue, and not the usual purple that you got from the parlors or supermarkets. Plus, it also tasted a hundred times better. Which is why Catherine keeps several containers of the ice cream in a cooler located under her bed back in the Demeter Cabin.
With a contented sigh, Catherine popped the lid open then placed the small circular cover in one of her coat pockets. She could already smell its heavenly aroma. Mmm.

Just as she was about to pull out a small metal teaspoon from the coat pocket parallel to where the lid was stored, a rapid crunching noise caught her attention. The noise came with a few huffs and barks. Before she could register what the thing headed for her direction was, something made her topple forward; ice cream in hand. Catherine laughed despite the unfortunate occurrence, a small smile still playing across her flushed face.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 am

Lyon barked and tipped happily, licking the girl's face as though she was some long lost friend he hadn't seen in years. Matzie quickly rushed over. "I'm really sorry about that...Lyon just loves people..." he explained. Matzie looked over at Lyon who had taken to gingerly licking a bit of the icecream. Matzie winced, his nose crinkling in an apologetic way. "And ice cream.." he added. Matzie quickly snatched the container away from Lyon, much to the dog's displease. Matzie extended his hand, which was holding the container of ice cream. Man he hated cold things...it was hard for him to handle. He could stick his hand in fire and grab a flaming hot piece of metal, but he couldn't hold a container of ice cream...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 am

"Hey, it's totally alright," Catherine managed to say between fits of laughter. By the time she got up, her whole face was probably wet with dog drool. She scrunched her nose and made a face. "Smells like blueberries." Catherine straightened her navy traveling coat then wiped her face on her right sleeve. "Your dog's a German Shepherd, right?" With a slight youthful sparkle playing about her mahogany brown eyes, she looked at the boy and gestured toward the once full ice cream container. "Lyon can have the rest. I don't really want to share ice cream with a dog, if you know what I mean.."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:52 am

Matzie looked at the ice cream in his hands then back at Lyon. "You're lucky this time, buddy," he said before tossing the dog the container. Lyon barked his reply then greedily ate the ice cream. Matzie breathed on his hands, trying to warm himself. He was dressed in a thick coat, even though us was only chilly outside. Thus made it obvious he was sensative to cold. He stuffed his large hands in his pockets and gave a nod. "Yeah...he is...but I think there's a little but of potbelly pig in there.." he said, looking over at his companion. Lyon overdramtically scarfed the ice cream, as though he hadn't eaten in weeks. Matzie shook his head with a slight chuckle. He then looked over at the girl with a nod. "Name's Landan Matzie, Son of Hephaestus. But people call me Matzie.." he explained. He then took his large hand from his pocket and extended it politely for her to shake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

"Landan is a cute name, actually. My name's Catherine, Catherine Heartnet. I'm a Demeter kid," Without hesitation, she took hold of Matzie's hand and shook it abruptly before letting it go. "It's been a long time since I've been acquainted with a Hephaestus camper, much less one with a dog." Her brown gaze flickered to Lyon momentarily. The canine was now scarfing down the whole thing ruthlessly which made her wonder if Landan ever fed him at all. "Yeah, I'm sure he's part pig too," Catherine looked back at her new acquaintance, "You're lucky you even have a pet. I haven't had the guts to ask my siblings if they were okay with dogs around.."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:14 am

Matzie nodded his head. "My cabin loves Lyon, mostly because he helps in the forge. Lyon can't feel heat.." he explained, patting the dog's head. Lyon had finished the ice cream and was lying there with a ful stomach and a sick look on his face due to his scarfing. Matzie chuckled, shaking his head. "And thanks...I don't mind my name. People in my cabin just started calling me Matzie..not sure why.." he replied. It wasn't like there were a lot of Landans around here...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 am

Catherine tapped her chin with the tip of her index finger, head tilted to the side. "But he's got loads of fur, it's impossible for him not to feel hot." she said, trying to convince herself that what she said was true. Well, she was pretty sure it was since a science book had stated it once- if Catherine's memory proved her right. "I guess it's another mystery of nature," she concluded, only half contented with her generalization. "Oh, look at me, talking like some Athena kid. If only I could find a dog that could grow plants, that'd be cool. And, yes, I do know perfectly that dog poop helps in plant cultivation."

OOC: RANDOM POST ;)
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 am

Matzie arched an eyebrow, culhuxklin laughtly at her comment. "Have you ever tries going to a pet store or something? That's where I found Lyon..." he suggested, shrugging his shoulders with a slightly crooked grin. Lyon gave a nod of his head before he began to sniff around curiously.
ooc: Meh xP Fail post...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:25 am

"Good idea, I'll ask the pet shop manager if they have dogs that can grow plants or cook. Shouldn't be too hard." Catherine had a quite playful lilt in her voice as she said those words. Sarcasm wasn't something that she thrived on for humor, since it tended to hurt other sensitive people. Not that Catherine knew Landan well enough to know he wasn't sensitive, he just seemed like someone who'd appreciate sarcasm. And, hopefully, she was right.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Matzie chuckled lightly at her sarcasm. He himself greatly enjoyed the way of speaking, he found it entertaining... So he stuffed his hands in his pockets, still feeling cold from the ice cream, and stuck out his lower lip in a fake pout. "No need to be....mean.." he said with a fake, mocking sniffle and whimper. Catherine certainly seemed rather intriguing...
What?! A guy can find a girl interesting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Catherine entered a fit of giggling, snorting and chuckling. Catherine's laugh was a contagious one; her father always stated that her laughter could brighten anyone's day. She, of course, hardly believed it at all. "You're so cute!" she cried out while pinching Landan's cheeks. Then, realizing what she said, Catherine let go and cleared her throat. "Well, that sounded better in my head," she pursed her lips and tried not to laugh.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Matzie grinned widely, feeling as a faint blush touched his cheeks. He heard her laugh and couldn't help but to laugh along with her. "You've got an adorable laugh," he said with a warm smile and a happy glint in his brown eyes. Quickly realizing what he had said he fiddled with his messy brown hair. Why was she so adorable? It just didn't make sense...Matzie shook his head and took his hands from his pockets, watching as a flame materialized from thin air and dances across his hand. Doing this always helped him calm down and relax a bit...it was kind of like a glowing, hot, stress ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Catherine let out a small gasp. She stared intently at the fire and bent down to look at it. Her face was just inches away from Landan's hand. "It's beautiful," she said and continued to watch the flames, her eyes reflected it's strong orange glow. Colors played about Catherine's flushed cheeks. Why was fire such an intriguing and hypnotizing sight, anyways?

OOC: Mehn, fail post :(
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:00 am

Matzie wanted to say something cheesy like..'So are you.' But he restrained himself from doing so. The son of Hephaestus simply nodded his head. "Yeah...it's a great way to relieve stress..." he said simply. He himself had never had a tragic accident with his fire, which was an odd shade of red rather than orange. However, he knew others in his cabin that had lost family due to an accident with their powers. That's why he tried to bit get too cocky with his fire...it was, after all, uncontrollable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 pm

"Well, this is what I do to relieve stress," Catherine smiled brightly before sitting indian styled on the ground. She then placed each hand on top of her knees, palms facing upward; as if she were about to catch droplets of rain. The leaves crunched underneath her as she shifted from side to side, trying to find a comfortable position. Then, letting all her worries fall away, Catherine closed her eyes. A smile still played about her lips. The sunlight illuminated her face and filled her body with a wonderful sensation of warmth. No, it wasn't the horrid prickling feeling. It was something else... something too hard to describe and put into words. Meditation was, and still is, the best stress reliever.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Matzie watched her intently, keeping his warm brown gaze on her form. With the light illuminating her face...she looked like an angel. As though Zeus himself had plucked her out of the heavens and placed her here on Earth. Matzie let out a content sigh and sat down on the ground in front of her. He propped his elbow on his knee and placed his head in the palm of his hand with a warm smile. How could someone look so...incredible? It just didn't seem fair to all of those who were trying to reach that level of natural beauty and grace. He had the urge to reach out and touch her face...to see if she was just a figment of his imagination. However, he restrained himself from doing so.
His gaze was broken as Lyon padded over and began licking Catherine across the face. "Lyon!" Matzie hissed in aggravation.

ooc: xD Matzie's got it baaaaadddddd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Catherine lifted one of her hands then rubbed the back of Lyon's head contently. Honestly, she didn't care if dog slobber was all over her face. Right now, being relaxed at this time of war was something incredible. At last, she could find rest and happiness. Who knew that the best place to meditate was in a forest clearing? Catherine blinked her eyes open, and laughed as she saw Landan's exasperated expression as he tried to hold Lyon down. "Hey, it's completely alright. It's not like he has acid spit or anything of the sort," She then quickly propped up into a kneel. The rest of her body was seated on the heels of her foot. It was rather painful, but that didn't matter. With an energetic expression and a glint in her eyes, Catherine rubbed the back of Lyon's ears and watched as the hyperactive dog's head came to rest on her lap. "He's so cute. Honestly, Landan, I haven't seen a dog like this in ages. I think the owner did a very good job raising him.." She raised her head to look at Landan. Her cheeks flushed with color simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Matzie grinned in satisfaction at the flushed pink of her cheeks. That meant she was embarrassed right? He hoped so...and he hoped it was because she felt feelings for him that made her nervous. However...knowing Matzie's luck, that probably was not the case. "It's weird...hardly anyone I know calls me Landan. Everyone in my cabin has taken a liking to the name Matzie. I don't mind being called by my last name..." his voice trailed off as he chuckled, brushing his hair from his face. "In fact I've grown accustomed to it," he finished. Matzie lifted his gaze, locking it with her's as his brow furrowed a bit. "It's actually kind of refreshing to be addressed by my first name.." he added, pursing his lips a bit in a thoughtful manner.
ooc: I've been watching Harry Potter xD So I'm thinking in an English accent as I type and all of my word choices and phrases are..more formal than they normally are.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:31 pm

(OMG! I just started reading the Harry Potter books two weeks ago and on the 5th book) SO like.... I been randomly talking in a accent before my country accent slips back in...)
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:33 pm

ooc: xD Way to be a topic stalker there, Colby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:34 pm

"Oh, would you like me to call you Matzie instead? You know, I hate it when I do things that make people unsatisfied.." Catherine's voice trailed off. She took a sudden liking into staring at Lyon's drooling form. Why was she so embarrassed, anyway? It was just Landan. No. Scratch that. It wasn't just Landan. It was a boy with a very unique personality that, in all her years, she hardly ever came across. Catherine couldn't quite comprehend her feelings, but she knew that Landan- or Matzie- here was a great guy. And she was happy to have met him.

OOC: LOL. I <3 Ron Weasley :">
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:41 pm

..... Stalker..... Naw..!!! I do too...., I think Harry turns into sorta a bocth during 5th year. I like Hermione and Sirius
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Matzie shook his head. "No no...it's fine," he said with a reassuringly warm smile. He gave a shrug of his shoulders. "You can call me anything...I'm just happy to be talking to you," he added. Quickly realizing his faux pas he bit his tongue, cursing silently in his head. Why had he said that? Why had he said that?!?! Matzie shook his head roughly, feeling as a blush ran from his chest down to the nape of his neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:58 pm

"Me too," Catherine said bluntly, her eyes still locked on Lyon. Oops. Well, slip outs were normal... but still, it was true. She was happy to be talking to Landan. Perhaps it was some trick of fate that they were both brought here. Like the whole cosmos had turned a complete one eighty and planned their meeting. Now, that was rather odd. Catherine had a sudden feeling that she was being stalked. How strange. Regaining her composure after her little fit of hysteria, Catherine cleared her throat and looked straight at him. Brown eyes to brown eyes. Sadly, she couldn't hold it. She felt weak, and her knees sort of buckled up even if she was kneeling.

OOC: Ooooh, let the cheesiness begin =)))))) LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]   A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A meeting in a clearing. [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next