Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] Empty
PostSubject: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 11:47 pm

Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] Anna_m10

Anna  Shauk stepped up to the pine tree for the first time in five months.  She'd run away from Camp in the middle of the night, unsure of why she left.  She didn't know why she stood at the entrance again.  It seemed like Anna kept running away.  Running away from family and friends and monsters and life.

Anna didn't want to admit it, but she felt like she was losing control of her powers.  In fact, she'd stayed with a relative while she'd been away from Camp Half Blood, and five days ago she had lost control.  She packed her bags up again and ran away again.  She hadn't known where she was going but a pack of hellhounds ambushed her on her way and she headed north.  She almost didn't make it out alive, but Taylor showed up and helped Anna get back on her feet.

And now, here she stood.  Who am I kidding, she thought to herself.  She knew she needed the help of people who were just like her if she was ever going to learn how to stop throwing sparks when she didn't mean to.  She knelt down by the trunk of Thalia's Pine.  Once the tree was the home of her half-sibling.  Maybe the tree could give her some guidance.

"Dad, I know you never listen to me, but I could really use some help.  I don't want to hurt anyone anymore..."

Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days, Innocent, Taylor Swift, Speak Now
O U T F I T
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Emily absolutely hated guard duty. It was boring, all she did was sit next to Thalia's Pine and daydream. It was rare that any monsters attacked camp, but Chiron made her do it anyway. She had nothing else to do so she asked him if had anything for her to do. That's where everything had gone wrong. He told her to do guard duty; she tried her best to avoid it, but he didn't seem to care whether she liked it or not. So here she was now just sitting against Thalia's Pine obviously bored.

Emily had her sword out just in case, but she found there was no point. She was looking at her nails when she heard a voice from the other side of the tree. Usually, she didn't like to get into people's business, but when she glanced around the tree she noticed it was her half-sister. She tried as hard as she could not to eavesdrop, but that idea went into the trash when she realized nothing else was happening. Besides, Emily was a cabin leader and cabin leaders were supposed to offer advice. Emily put her sword away before she made sure Anna was done praying. She wanted to help, but she didn't want to be rude.

"Dad doesn't help no matter how many times you pray to him. I've tried it before." Emily said from the other side of the tree before getting up. She walked over to where Anna was kneeling and sighed. It felt good to know that her half-sister was still alive and not injured. She could still remember when she had done a quick count and hadn't seen Anna's bright red hair in the midst of the camper. She didn't know what to do then, and she sure as hell didn't know what she was doing now. Emily sat down leaning against the tree like she was before after taking a deep breath. "You know you could've talked to me right?" She said a bit quietly. "But that doesn't matter now. I know what you're going through. I had the same 'please-stop-me-from-hurting-others' phase. It'll pass eventually, but you just have to gain control of your powers. We've all lost it before, children of Zeus tend to have hot tempers. I can help, but only if you want it." She stated plainly.

Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Anna  Shauk jumped at the sound of the Zeus Cabin Leader's voice.  Emily had the audacity to tell her that she could have come to her.  She didn't understand what Anna had gone through in the past months, just like everyone else.  Sure, every one of Zeus's kids had trouble controlling their powers, but Anna had a much different situation.

Every time she seemed to grip control over her powers something terrible happened where she'd lost control again.  That wasn't supposed to happen.  Sure the occasional accident was bound to happen, but Anna's accidents were far too big and frequent to be normal.  On top of it all, her accidents seemed to be getting worse and worse.  She didn't want to be a murderer, especially at a time like this, but she didn't know what to do.

"You don't understand.  Not really.  No one does," she whispered when her sibling finished speaking.  She'd spent all her time at Camp bottling all her feelings inside, so she didn't supply anymore information for the Cabin Leader who sat before her. She couldn't let go of her feelings, so she kept her emotions bottled up inside her where nobody could get to them.

"The heartbreak is just so hard..."

O U T F I T
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Emily sighed. "You know you're right. I don't understand. It's not like I didn't say the same exact thing almost five ears ago." She replied. She didn't want to be mean, but she was just trying to help. Anna seemed like she didn't want help, but Emily didn't care. She was going to help her half-sister anyway. It didn't matter if Anna hated her, banner her from her life because she was still going to find a way. She listened to whatever else the other demigod had left to say before taking a deep breath. She paused for a moment trying to think of something else to say.

Emily looked at the where the sun was setting before glancing at her half-sister. "It'll get better. You'll get more control with practice. It'd be easier if you let me help you, but obviously you don't want help." She said. She paused for a moment before saying, "Everyone messes up Anna. I shocked my boyfriend once a while ago. In all fairness, he did deserve it." She attempted a joke, but after she said it it wasn't that funny. "It's like giving up cookies and then eating one a week or two later. People make mistakes. It's okay if you do." Emily said.

After she finished, she watched as the sun started to set. She could see some of the campers making their way towards the Mess Hall for dinner while others were going to the back to watch the stars. She was stuck on guard duty for half of the night until someone from the Ares cabin came. She wasn't sure if that was going to happen, but it wasn't her problem. After her shift was over, it didn't matter to her. Emily sighed again before mumbling to her half-sister, "You could've been dead, and I wouldn't have even known it."

Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 8:33 pm

Anna  Shauk wanted to scream at Emily. The Cabin Leader had it so easy. Everyone at Camp had it easier than Anna did. She said, "It's going on three years that I've been at Camp. I'm 18, I don't need your permission to go anywhere. And you would think I'd stop seriously injuring people, but no!"

Anna thought about the last couple of accidents she'd had. She didn't want to dwell on them, but they invaded her mind. Her breath grew short and she felt like she was hyperventilating as she relived the memory in her head. She closed her eyes to stop any oncoming tears from falling and opened them back up again. She wanted to tell somebody about what happened to her, what she did. But at the same time she didn't.

Anna knew he or she would recoil from her and then the next time she saw that person, he or she would ignore her and run away before Anna could hurt the person. She hated keeping such hurtful memories bottled up inside her, but at the same time, she didn't know where else she could put them.

She said, "I've done bad things, things you couldn't even imagine doing. Not on purpose of course, but they just happened. And there was nothing I could do to stop—" Anna couldn't finish her sentence.

O U T F I T
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 1:09 pm

As Anna continued to yell at her, Emily could feel the electricity at her fingertips get stronger. The buzzing from it seemed to feel her ears, but she tried to swallow it down. "Well maybe if you let someone help you, it wouldn't happen anymore." She said as calmly as she could possibly manage. She didn't want to make her half-sister angry; she didn't know how capable she was of her powers. She didn't want Anna to accidentally burn down half the camp. Emily glanced over at the other girl to see her close her eyes for a quick second. "Are you okay? Anna?" She asked slightly reaching out her hand.

Emily could barely the last accident she had. It had been so long ago. She was still as stubborn as she used to be. That definitely hadn't changed. She had just learned how to control her powers. It had definitely taken her awhile, but she did it. Everyone else in the Zeus cabin had similar problems.  She tried to help them as best as she could, especially the younger ones. They were the hardest to control. They didn't even know half the powers they had. Anything she seemed to teach them, they forgot at least an hour later. But it didn't matter. Most of them didn't get mad often, so they didn't use their powers much. The older ones were easier to teach, but they got more often.

Emily listened carefully to what Anna was saying as she looked at the sun. It was sinking even further down into the hills. The beginning of the sky was beginning to turn purple as it faded into a light pink and then a reddish orange. It was nice to look at now. She could see some of the other campers who were on their way to the Mess Hall turn around to get a quick look at it. When she finished, Emily tuned towards her. "You know you can tell me anything. Absolutely anything. It's my job you know."

Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Anna  Shauk desperately wanted to trust her half-sister, but everyone she put her trust in ended up getting hurt. Anna couldn't explain any of it. How was it that anyone Anna told her secrets to ended up being part of an accident, an accident caused by her. She wished she wasn't such a time bomb.

Slowly, Anna admitted to her half-sibling, "No one knows this yet, but there have been accidents in my past. I was a part of one of them while I was gone. I guess, even though this place is a memory of the accident before that, that's why I came back. I couldn't face anyone who knew what I'd done."

Anna took a deep breath as she got it all out. She wasn't being completely truthful. She still hadn't told Emily what she had done precisely. She hadn't admitted that part to anyone. It wasn't until a couple of days ago that she had admitted the truth to herself. She didn't want anyone to find out. She knew people would hate her forever if they ever found out what she'd done.

Anna closed her eyes against the setting sun as she whispered more to herself than anyone else, "I'm sick of being a walking time bomb." Her voice trailed off as she focused on making her breathing even, feeling the electricity well up inside her from her frustration and anguish. She hoped Emily would leave before Anna hurt her too.

O U T F I T
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 11:03 am

Emily watched as the rest for the sun to set as she waited for her half-sister to say something. She listened as Anna talked, and when she was finished, Emily looked over at her. "What kind of accidents exactly?" She asked slowly. She wasn't one to judge considering she had had a few accident in her own past. She was just nervous to hear something like 'I killed someone' or something along those lines. She wouldn't be sure what to say if she did say what she was thinking right now. She had never been in the situation before and didn't think she ever would be, but there was a first time for everything.

Emily understood if Anna didn't want to tell her everything. She had a few things happen to her that she rarely told anyone. Almost all demigods had terrible things to happen to them. Emily had to be one of those demigods. She still remembered the day her father died too vividly. It had been almost six to seven years since it happened. She tried not think about it much because she simply didn't want to see her father's dead body all over again. It always seemed to make her angry, and right now wasn't the best time to think about.

Emily watched as the rest of the sun finally sunk down into the hills and the rest of the sky was already turning black. The stars were starting to come out, and it was a really pretty sight. She could feel the energy radiating off her half sister, and it only seemed to intensify her own nervous electricity. She looked over at her half-sister who had her eyes closed before saying, "You don't have to be that." She sighed again before focusing her eyes on the night sky.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]   Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your String of Lights is Still Bright To Me [open]
Page 1 of 1