Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

"Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

"Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] Empty
PostSubject: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:49 pm

It was almost time for the ancient laws of nymphood to take affect. Yeah, I'm a star nymph. An asteriae. We're kinda rare, though. But really pretty. There's only two, including myself, that I know of. I can think of plenty in myths but not too many in modern times. There's me, and my friend Quinn Diamond, but I can't think of much more. I've been told that it's from pollution. Whole constellations have disappeared from human polllution. It's really sad, actually. If humans took the time to appreciate what they have up in the sky and actually pay attention to nature surrounding them, then we - us nymphs - wouldn't have this problems. But we do.
In ten minutes, I'd be nothing more than a glowing bright ball in the sky, in my little shell that I slept in. I walked around my little day home in the Treetop forest gathering things I'd need for the night. A bottle or two of Vitamin water and my spiral notebook and a pen. A pair of PJs. That was basically it. Oh yeah, and a good book for reading. Angel by James Patterson.

Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Quinn was outdoors, ready to dissolve into nothingness. Not really, but it seemed a lot like dissolving. The soft star-like glow would grow stronger and stronger, until it enveloped her whole body. Then, as quick as a flash, she would be back in her cozy spot in the depths of outer space.

Only 10 minutes; she would wait outdoors until she was transported into a shimmering star in the sky. She looked around in the darkness of the treetop village, and spotted a figure. It took her a few seconds to recognize Anne, the only other star nymph that Quinn knew of that resided at Camp Half-Blood. Walking closer to her, she smiled, and said, "Hi, Anne," in her soft voice.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

A soft, feminine voice behind sounded. I turned a glance over and saw Quinn. "Hey." I replied turning around fully. "Man, we really need a few more stars 'round here." I said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Quinn smiled, "I guess so. It is only us..." That was true. Of course, they weren't the only star nymphs residing on Earth, but there were only them at camp. Well, she could assume there were others on Earth. It would be odd if there weren't. "Have you ever met another asteriae?" Asked Quinn, in a soft, and puzzled voice. "I haven't, as far as I know..." Maybe star nymphs weren't that common. Or a majority weren't into training. Quinn pondered over that thought, thinking of a logical solution.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:53 pm

I thought for a moment searching my brain for a possible answer. Of course, I could come up with none. "Actually...no. I haven't. If there aren't anymore of us than that's a big waste of space." I answered.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Quinn nodded, with a puzzled look. Unsure, she smiled softly and said, "I can assume that there are other star nymphs on Earth, but if they were common, wouldn't you think we've met another one by now? I see naiads and dryads all the time." Quinn nodded. At this point, she had concluded that asteriae are uncommonly found on Earth, or most of them aren't in New York.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:50 pm

"Hmph. Maybe they aren't so common. Or maybe it's because human pollution scared them away? I dunno. It's a real mystery. Ooohhh...that sounds like an awesome idea for a quest. Going around recruiting star nymphs..." I said trailing off. Searching for nymphs all over America? Brilliance! But then again...that was a satyr's job.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Quinn smiled, and softly laughed. "That would be pretty hard, I suppose. There are millions of people in America, but with a prophecy... Maybe..." Her voice trailed off, and she realized she was starting to ramble. Continuing, Quinn said, "With a prophecy, it could be made easier." Quinn smiled, timidly. She was unsure of her own idea. She was secretly hoping to go on a quest, but that was usually a demigod's job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]   "Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Man, the stars are so bright out tonight..." [ open to any nymphs ]
Page 1 of 1