Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.) Empty
PostSubject: Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.)   Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:18 am

Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.) Wow7
ELLIOT BECKETT

The archery range was strangely quiet, but then again, not everyone liked shooting arrows through dummies at the crack of dawn. Elliot just didn't like...sleeping. He liked being active and getting out there and doing things. Sure, people called him weird, but he got stuff done.

The song he was trying to write last night lingered in his mind. Why couldn't he find the perfect chords and strum pattern for it? Usually his songs came naturally, they were easy once he got an idea, a tune and a guitar. But this song was different. He had spent hours on it with little progress. That's why he decided that today, instead of doing his early morning run, he wanted to practice his aim.

His yew bow was already in his hand. The wind blew and he stuck his finger in his mouth and put it in the air. He'd have to shoot a few inches to the left to avoid having his arrow show off course. He pulled out a small flint arrow out of his sheath. During training sessions like this one, he tried not to use the Celestial bronze tipped arrows. Although he knew that they would react differently in battle, as they're heavier, he liked the regular arrows for practice. It was just aim practice anyway.

Elliot positioned his bow, and arranged the arrow onto it. As he pulled back, he made sure his elbow was above shoulder level, and his shoulders were relaxed. His eyes eyes were narrowed in on the dummy, on his chest. To aim for the head or the chest? In a real life situation, he'd have to find the chink in his armor. More often than not, that was either somewhere in the shoulder area of the eyes. He decided to aim for the eye.

After aiming and a few adjustments in his form, he let the arrow fly. It zoomed through the air, going against the wind, and hitting the dummy a few measly centimeters under the black dot that indicated its eye. Elliot cursed under his breath and went to try again when he heard footsteps.

He turned around, arrow already stringed, and saw that someone had been watching him.

NOTE: Hi, whoever can be watching him can be whoever!!! :D

Last edited by Sam the ham on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sam-theham.tumblr.com/
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.)   Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:54 am

Spoiler:
Naomi | Daughter of Khione | 14

Naomi smiled at the boy, her eyes twinkling a soft ice blue. Her smiled was as white as the snow, just like her skin, and she wore a blue t-shirt and jeans.
She materialized an ice short bow and notched an icicle, aiming for the target adjacent to Elliots'. Before she let the arrow loose she said
"Nice shot. I'm Naomi, by the way." she aimed for the center of the dummy, and let the icicle fly. Raising her left hand, she pointed at the icicle, which struck the dummy's center, with a snap of her fingers the icicle expanded, covering the entire dummy, which exploded into tons of tiny splinters.
"Oops, I broke it." she told him, in an innocent voice.

Back to top Go down
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

PostSubject: Re: Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.)   Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:35 am

Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.) Wow7
ELLIOT BECKETT

Elliot's eyebrows raised the slightest bit, seeing the girl's arrow, well, rather, icicle, destroy the dummy. The curly haired guy wasn't much for destruction. He was more of a precise shooter, but he had to admit, that was impressive.

He returned the smile, showing his teeth. "My name's Elliot.", he said, as he loaded another arrow. The brushed his fingers against the feathers as he grasped the end. "How's your aim?" He asked, arching an eyebrow and grabbing at the chance to show off. Hey, he barely ever bragged about his archery skills.

"I'm not much for total destruction of the enemy." He said casually, shrugging. "I'm more, well, precise." He winked at her, and then raised her arm. He squinted, zoning in on a target. There was one on the other side of the arena. Another dummy. He quickly checked the wind and then released.

The arrow zoomed through the air, and lodged itself right in between the eyes of the dummy.

"Like that."

NOTE: gah crappy post is crappy. sorry 'bout that. got a headache right now.

Back to top Go down
http://sam-theham.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.)   Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soft wind and bow string. (OPEN.)
Page 1 of 1