Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevermore

Nevermore

Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] Empty
PostSubject: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 am

It had been months since Helena had ran off from Camp Half Blood with Jack. He was her half-brother, a fellow Apollo Camper and yet in the short time they had bonded he seemed like so, so much more.

And now he was gone. The thought always made Helena's heart hurt and despite trying to trust herself into training, her heart always hurt in that deep, achy sort of way that she had previously been unfamiliar with. Even thoughts of returning to France on Vacation could do nothing to lift the young woman's spirits. She wouldn't be able to settle down until she knew what had happened to Jack.

After all of the trials they had been through, Helena thought that they couldn't be separated, that he was like some sort of gift to her from Apollo that they the two of them would always be together. But after discovering that a Chimera had murdered Jack's Grandmother, the two had fled and somehow lost one another. The memory's video kept replaying in her head until it ached just as much as her heart did.

She had to seek help, she just had to. And that was what lead her here, to the ominous Cabin of Hades' children. In the Mess Hall she had heard rumors of a powerful daughter of Hades and despite feeling trepidation and turning to the powerful gods' child, Helena felt no other option. Swallowing hard, the French girl went to the door and knocked softly, not even loud enough for someone to hear her. But she didn't have the will to do anything more powerful than that.

No one answered and so gently, Helena pushed the door open and her dull blues eyes that had once sparkled, peered around the door frame, one hand on it and the other resting against the heart on the necklace Jack had given her.

"...Hello? ....Pardon me, is...is...Lena here?" She asked, voice dripping with hesitation.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 am

Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] Giphy
L E N A  E V A N S

"Mommy, no! Don't leave me! I promise I won't use my powers-" Little Lena pleaded, outside of the RV that had been her home since the day she was born. It was raining now, the ten year old was soaked to the bone, but her mother didn't show any remorse. 

"No. It doesn't matter. You're a freak Lena. You were always a freak." And her mother slammed the door in her face.

The Hades cabin leader had just woken up when she heard a soft knocking on the door. It was quiet, but the demigod had very excellent hearing. Lena sat up slowly, rubbing her eyes as they adjusted to the darkly lit room that she alone lived in. It was all dark purple, and yellow fairy lights twinkled above her in no pattern. She would have liked to spend an hour or two in bed, sleeping and writing stories. Obviously, however, her cabin mates had no idea how important sleep was to the young demigod. That wasn't to say Lena wasn't happy to take up the offer of cabin leader. She was so glad that she had, because she could help Hades children feel good about themselves and tell them that they didn't need to hide behind shadows of fear and regret just because they were more powerful than others. Lena didn't want her siblings to be dark and depressing like all stereotypical Hades children were. She wanted them to be themselves.

So knowing that, Lena jumped out of bed. She wouldn't ignore anyone who was at the door at any time of day or night, no matter how inconvenient it was for her. She slipped on a sweater, and some skinny jeans she found crumpled at the foot of her bed. The cloth was cold for a moment against her bare legs, but it soon warmed up. Lena also managed to run a quick brush through her chocolate brown hair. Thoughts were zooming past in her mind, but they all went back to the nightmare she had been having before the pounding had woken her up. It was always the same for the past five years. It was always her mother telling her she was a freak and deserved to be alone. Lena, of course, started to believe this about herself.

She slipped on some skull patterned converse as she walked out into the living room, which hadn't been updated since the last cabin leader was here. Lena made a mental note to fix this as she saw the person who had woken her up. She wasn't a Hades camper, that was for sure. Her father usually went for Italian women, and this girl was clearly not of Italian descent. For one, she had blue eyes, not the dark brown that Lena had. Of course, Lena did have one brown and one green eye, not exactly Italian either. "Sorry, I just woke up." Lena apologized to the girl. She realized that she hadn't introduced herself to the girl. "I- I'm Lena. Lena Evans to be exact. What do you need?" Lena smiled, noticing the girl was troubled and sad. She hoped to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore

Nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:58 am

At first Helena wasn't sure if anyone was actually there or not, the Cabin seemed dark and her fair eyes had a difficult time adjusting to it.

Maybe this was not such a good idea. Helena thought morbidly, running a trembling hand through her messy strawberry blonde hair. The girl hadn't put much thought into her looks since she had arrived back at Camp in such a distraught state so she seemed stuck in an eternal time loop of bed head.

But just as the young woman was about to slowly sneak away from the obsidian door, she heard a rustling coming from one of the Cabin's rooms. It was concealed, so she couldn't see who was behind the door, but it gave her a little confidence and caused the daughter of Apollo to step fully inside of the Cabin, hoping at the same time that the action wasn't too pretentious. After losing Jack, the young woman hadn't been as confident as once before. His presence had seemed to instill a new and self assured personality upon the girl. But it was gone now.

Smoothing out her wrinkled camp shirt to try and look a little more presentable, Helena looked up at she heard a greeting and approaching foot steps. It was girl and she sounded surprisingly friendly with a hint of grogginess...

"...I am Helena Sylvestre, a daughter of Apollo. I have come to ask you a favor Miss Evans..." Helena said, her voice soft with a sort of abstract hopelessness attached to it. Folding her hands together in front of her, she implored help from Lena. "...My...Brot--friend. Jack." She couldn't think of him as a brother no matter how hard she had tried. "...He is gone. Missing. I do not know anything of where he could possibly be." Helena closed her eyes to try and keep the tears down and control her voice.

"I fear he is dead." Wanting to fall on her knees, Helena's head dropped and she wiped an arm across her face. "Please..."

"Do you know anything? Could you possibly know anything at all?" She finally sputtered out, biting down hard on the tip of her thumb. "It is too much to bare." Helena murmured between clenched teeth.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:13 pm

L E N A   E V A N S
"Please, call me Lena, everyone does." Miss Evans was much too formal. Lena didn't want Helena to feel intimidated by her just because she was powerful or because she ran a cabin that signified death. In truth, Lena hated her powers, she got kicked out because of them and no one really treated her the same after what had happened all those years ago. She still hadn't learned how to fully harness her powers, she was much too afraid. Lena knew others would scream and run away in terror, and that was the last thing she wanted to have happen to her. Even though she was in a camp for people like her, people who had special powers that other mortals didn't, Lena still felt very out of place. She grew restless due to her ADHD, and often times could be seen burning random objects that nobody wanted while listening to Green Day and My Chemical Romance. Of course, she did this all in secret, nobody was to know.

Lena listened to Helena, and she watched her body language. Helena was obviously concerned for Jack. Lena had never heard of him before, but he had to be really important to Helena. She wondered if they were a couple, but that couldn't be so as Lena caught trace of the word brother. Helena had stopped before she could finish the word, but Lena heard it. "Look, Helena, I'm really sorry about Jack." Lena said after the Apollo camper had spoken. She came over and put her hand on Helena's shoulder comfortingly, and she smiled sadly.

She really wanted to help Helena. Lena felt sorry for her. Granted, she felt sorry for a lot of people, but Helena just seemed so heartbroken. Lena felt like she had lost her mother when they became estranged, and the death of her dogs hadn't helped. But Lena didn't specialize in necromancy or summoning ghosts, and she was glad that she didn't. Bringing back the dead felt horrible, and Lena, if she was close enough to a dying soul, could feel them being pulled away into the underworld and it hurt Lena a lot, like her soul was being pulled into two separate parts, leaving one with her father. "But I can't tell you if he died. It doesn't work like that, sorry. You can just talk, if you'd like. Maybe that'll help a little."
OUTFIT
Back to top Go down
Nevermore

Nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Shaking her head as Lena placed a hand on her shoulder, Helena flinched. She hadn't let anyone near her, let her touch her, since Jack went missing and it reminded the girl of her missing companion. Swallowing the remainder of the tears she forced back, she opened her eyes to look at the kind young woman who was speaking to her. None of the Apollo Campers seemed to care as much about her as this daughter of Hades.

"...I..." Biting her bottom lip, Helena's eyebrows tilted guiltily. "I am sorry for asking you. It was unfair of me." She managed an apology before heaving out a sigh, her hand going back to the silver heart hanging from the choker at her neck, the Greek fire in the emeralds burning brightly in the dark room.

"Thank you..." Helena whispered, she wasn't entirely sure if she could open up to someone about Jack just yet. She didn't want to suddenly end up acting like a heartbroken fool over someone who she had spent less than a quarter of her life with. "...Maybe...we can talk...about something different?" She asked meekly, hoping that Lena wouldn't think she was odd for wanting to change the topic.

For once it wasn't her ADHD demanding that her mind wander somewhere else, but her heart.

"Something happy? Like..." Music? No. Jack liked music. Movies. Of course, that too brought back memories.

"Chocolate?" That might just do it, this was more of a memory of her mother and of France than anything else. "Do you like chocolate?" It was so random and so messed up that Helena couldn't help but feel her pale cheeks burning with embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:14 am

L E N A   E V A N S
Upon seeing Helena flinch at Lena's touch, the demigod pulled her hand away, wondering if she had hurt her or if her powers were beginning to show. Her powers were curious things, they were turned on by emotions like anger and embarrassment so strong it turned her face beet red. Mostly Lena just got angry. Staying away from people for their own safety caused little embarrassment in her life, so that wasn't a big player in the game of her powers. Lena understood Helena not wanting to be touched. She still didn't want to be touched after the ordeal with her mother. Helena started to apologize, but Lena quickly cut her off by a wave of her hand. "You have nothing be to sorry for. You just want to get Jack back, there isn't any harm in asking if someone can do something for you."

Lena yawned at looked over at the antique clock over at the mantel piece. It wasn't even 9 o'clock yet, which met that she had missed breakfast and probably her first class of the day which was sword-fighting. Lena preferred to go to the class where you harnessed your powers, because she found it useful. She tried going to all the classes and doing her best but they never really caught her interest. But it was okay that she missed breakfast, Lena wasn't very hungry anyways and if she got hungry before lunch there was always a secret stash of granola bars tucked under her mattress that would ruin her appetite.

Helena had suggested talking about something else, and Lena agreed to do so. Death, although it was cool and very fascinating to the young demigod, got to a point where it was the same old repeated stuff said by everybody to came to her with their woes and misery about their dead parents or bird. Needless to say Lena had tried to be nice to everyone that came through her door, but it was extremely hard not to get bored. "Chocolate? Yeah, we can talk about chocolate." Lena said, smiling at Helena. "I've never really had chocolate before, actually." It was true. Her mother could never afford such delicacies for Lena, and they never had gone trick-or-treating because they were in the middle of nowhere half of the time and there was no one around.

OUTFIT
Back to top Go down
Nevermore

Nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:20 pm

"Thank you for your understanding, Lena." Helena said softly. Her heart was still hurting but there was no reason to place that brokenness on someone who was actually responding to her, who was taking the time to be there in a way that none of her brothers or sisters seemed able to do.

Then again, they would have to notice her first to do that.

Maybe Helena wasn't really a daughter of Apollo, maybe it was Hades that was her true parent and all this awkwardness that seemed to ruin her time at camp would be fixed with a smile change of Cabin. Deep inside though, Helena knew that wasn't true, couldn't be true and so she forced a little smile for this friendly demigod's sake.

Sighing out a little bit of relief as Lena offered to change topics, Helena visibly relaxed for nothing more than a moment. It was the realization that Lena had never partaken in chocolate that brought her to life. Suddenly Helena seemed like she had been shocked by one of Zeus's bolts.

"Never had chocolate?!" Reaching out, Helena grasped Lena's shoulders and looked at the girl with a strange mix of sympathy and awe. "How is that even possible?" She asked but quickly changed from her question into a plan of action. "We must fix this! I must do something to fix this." Nodding concretely, a genuine, if not miniscule smile graced her features.

"Where can I make chocolate here? I can, you know. I learnt it from my Mama."
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 pm

L E N A   E V A N S

Lena's mother was not rich. Melody had been a singer, a good singer, but a poor one nonetheless. She earned money by singing at dark and dank bars on evenings, and Lena often came with her to watch. Not the most respectful place for a child of two, but it was better than leaving her in the RV with the dogs. Besides, Melody had kept an eye on Lena, the child wasn't that hard to spot among the bikers and drunks that inhabited the bar. Though her mother was excellent at what she did, Lena's mother always struggled financially, and they were always poor. Lena wore threadbare clothes that were bought from goodwill, and usually went hungry to bed because they didn't have dinner. Hamburger Helper was a treat for Lena.

So no, there was no extravagant chocolate to try, no fancy jewelry to wear, and most certainly not a soft non-lumpy mattress to sleep on for Lena. She was used to hard times, and camp had many of them, and she was able to weather the storm and keep her cabin from falling into shambles. Lena Evans was a solider, battle scarred and worn, but she was still a young girl who needed friends, and maybe this child of Apollo could be one. "Yeah,." Lena said. "Mom could never afford it, and I could never put a costume together in time for halloween. Plus the holiday is stupid. Children just go around begging for candy."

It seemed as though Helena adored her mother. Lena almost laughed at her for that. The death child didn't trust anybody anymore, especially her own mother. Melody had betrayed her, disowned her, and degraded her like Lena was dirt beneath her feet just because she was different. Lena no longer loved her mom, like all children were supposed too. Her heart was ice cold and unloving, even though her honey smooth voice and warm personality said otherwise."Your mama seems like a wonderful woman" Lena answered her southern accent thick, putting on a fake smile. "There's the kitchen. We could go there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]   Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone Desperate This Way Comes [Wicked]
Page 1 of 1