Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

i walk a lonely road--- private

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

i walk a lonely road--- private Empty
PostSubject: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:55 am

i walk a lonely road--- private Giphy

Kalina’s fist raised yet again, and yet again it fell to her side limply. How many minutes had she spent, standing at the door, unable to bring herself to finally knock? Too long. It was… stupid. Why couldn’t she just raise her hand and knock? Why? Was it nerves? Was it fear? Honestly, she couldn't tell you. It was just… too hard. Too impossible.

The one relief was that she wasn’t standing outside in the cold. Kali had managed to actually walk into to Cabin. That hadn’t been very hard. The hardship had presented itself to her when she had reached the door to his room, when she had first raised her hand and realized she couldn’t do it.

It seemed like a long time since she had last seen him. Last time… well, ice skating had relaxed her. It had made her feel normal for a little while. And, strangely, she had enjoyed spending time with him. Because… because she didn’t know. Because he lightened the mood? Because he was funny? Because what? That was another impossible thing for her to work out- why did she enjoy spending time with him? Was there an answer somewhere?

Kalina raised a hand to her face, brushing a lock of brown hair behind her ear. It was around then that the door to the room in front of her opened, the very person she was here to see stepping out.

‘Oh… hi!’ what an awkward sounding Hi. Trying to cover her tracks, Kalina gestured to the general direction of the front door, ‘I was.. well, I was coming to say congratulations on Cabin Leader. You deserved it Sam.’

Smiling slightly, she shrugged her shoulders casually, the thick winter jacket she was wearing barely showing the movement.

‘And uh… I was wondering if you wanted to come on a walk with me? If you didn’t want too that’s ok...’

Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 pm

i walk a lonely road--- private Tumblr_mwvqjnmsgp1t3plc8o1_500

Samuel Trenton Mercer

Samuel sits on the edge of his bed, and just looks around his room. He is still having a hard time believing that he is actually the new cabin leader. What is even more surprising, is that one of his siblings nominated him. He has hardly interacted with his siblings, so one of them nominating him is shocking. But he's not going to complain, the title comes with a private bedroom. And that is something he can not complain about, he likes the privacy.

Standing up, he heads to his dresser and pulls out a fresh long sleeved tee shirt. He then grabs some socks, underwear and a pair of jeans. He changes into the clean clothing, and tosses his dirty clothes into his laundry basket. He then takes his North Face jacket off the back of his desk chair and pulls it on. He then turns off his lights, and steps out of his room.

Right away, he nearly walks into someone. "Oh dear, terribly sorry 'bout that"he says to the person as he steps to the side and closes the door. That is when he really takes a look at the other person. Kali. He bites his lip and looks at her. He hasn't really talked to her for ages, and he is glad to see her. Yet, everytime he is around her he feels extremely nervous. "Hello Kali, fancy seeing you here"he says with a small smile. "Why thank you, It was a bit of a surprise, I was unaware I was in the running. I heard you were nominated, I hope you win"he says to her.

Samuel's smile grows bigger when he hears her question. He was going to do stuff around the cabin, but he would much rather spend time with Kali. "Of course I will, that sounds very fun. I was going to do things around the cabin, but a walk sounds a lot better"he says to her.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:13 pm

KALINA NIKOLOVA

Kalina... couldn't really understand why she continued to push her company onto Sam. It wasn't like it was good for either parties. He was too good and she was... broken. In so, so many ways, she was broken. It was sad really, but in the long run it was better she knew it and accepted it now, rather than hurt others later. Cause that was going to happen.

That was what was going to happen to Sam. The painful realization was one she had come too a while ago, and it hurt her to admit it. What hurt even more though, was trying to stay away. Trying to distance herself from him, trying to make him forget her. But every time she felt she was close to it, every time she was nearly there, nearly able to forget him... she gave into the need and found him yet again. It was a vicious cycle that was going to end with him hurt... and she couldn't stop.

'I don't see how it could have been a surprise,' her laugh was almost too... forced. It was a bark of a laugh, really. 'You deserve it. As for me... well, let's just say I'm not Cabin Leader material.'

I can fool everyone else... too bad it's hard to fool yourself.

Without meaning too, Kali smiled back at him. Not a true smile... she had gone through too much, become too different to the Kalina from before to smile truly. But she managed a small smile in return.

'I was uh... I've taken to walking when I feel...' lost, broken, confused, 'Well yeah. I've taken to walking.'

Not knowing how to cover her tracks, Kalina shrugged again and motioned too the door.

'Should we... go?'
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Samuel Trenton Mercer

Samuel smiles lightly, and runs his fingers through his hair trying to make it look some what acceptable, seeing has he neglected to brush it. However he is lacking a mirror, so most likely he just made his hair worse. He takes his fingers out of his hair, and shoves his hand into the pocket of his jacket. He then nervously taps his fingers against his side, something about being around Kali, makes him nervous and well fidgety. He just can not pin point what it is. He has an idea, but it is so ridiculous and he can not even imagine it. But he has realized he has feelings for the girl, and perhaps it is why he feels so nervous. But it is ridiculous, there is no way Kali likes him.

He bites his lip, and looks around the cabin. He suddenly feels very embarrassed about how messy it is, and makes a mental note to make his first task as cabin leader organizing everything and making sure the cabin is cleaned up, and all of the various tools are put away.

Hearing her next comment, Samuel lets out a small nervous laugh. "Trust me, it was very surprising. I never really interact with my siblings, I don't think I can even name them, and there are not many of them. So it was a bit shocking to learn one of them nominated me to be the cabin leader"he says to her. "I think you would make a wonderful cabin leader"he says to her.

He then smiles lightly and looks at her, after a while of just looking at her he realizes he is staring and he blushes a deep red and looks away. "Ah walking is very nice, yes. Unfortunately I never seem to have enough time to go for walks, but I am very glad to be joining you on one"he says to her. "Yes lets go, shall we"he says, as he walks over to the door of the cabin. He opens it, and holds it for her to walk through. Once she is through, he follows her letting it close behind him. He then walks down the steps and stands in the courtyard, it is a bit cold outside, but not extremely cold. However he does zip his jacket. "Where too?"he asks her.

Last edited by ML on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 pm

KALINA NIKOLOVA

Following his gaze, Kalina glanced around the near empty Hephaestus cabin. Actually, now she thought about it, it was strange to be inside it. The only cabin she had ever been in was the Hera one, and other than that, quick glances through the doors of the others. It was forbidden territory, something she felt wrong doing. If it was any of the few other cabins she could name, she’d be run out by angry campers with pitchforks. But, while it felt… well, wrong, it also felt ok. Like she was ok being in here, so long as she was with Samuel. Which was obviously a valid feeling, since well… cabin leader anyone?

‘You must have made a lasting impression on the ones you have talked too, if that’s the case,’ true though. And the fact that if she had been in his cabin, she would have voted for him whether she knew him or not. A sort of light seemed to follow him… or, well, maybe that was just something she saw. He made her feel the nice emotions which were all but forgotten. And it was scary, knowing they still existed, but just… being around him made her forget that fear. At his next comment, Kalina had to duck her head to cover the sudden blush, ‘Have you met me? I don’t think the cabin would last very long.’

Longer than it would last with Raziel, though. With her, she’d have a temper tantrum and make the whole cabin explode within her first hour of active cabin leaderness…

Kalina’s brown eyes found the floor, as the back of her neck tingled in the way it would when someone was looking at her. A little awkward, sure, but the floor was nice. A very very nice floor. By the time he had spoken and she managed to look up at him from underneath her lashes, she was able to tell you every detail of that fabulous floor.

Smiling, she followed him to the front door, stepping through as he opened it. The wind attacked her almost immediately, sending her long brown hair flying, so she spent a long second or two pulling it behind her head and tucking it beneath her jacket. Thankfully, it was held down that way. One lock managed to escape her tucking however, and she had to push it behind her ear roughly.

‘Thank you,’ she finally said, glancing his way before looking back out at the camp. Hm. Where too? It came to her all at once, ‘Why don’t we take a walk outside the border? Along the road, see where it takes us. Some new scenery.’ Yes, Kalina had had better ideas.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Samuel Trenton Mercer

Samuel lets out a small laugh. "I suppose I did, unless this is some sort of joke and they are setting me up to be a failure"he says in response to her statement. He then cocks his head to the side as he listens to her statement. He is genuinely confused, he thinks she would be a good cabin leader. "Oh well someone must have thought you'd be good, otherwise you would not have been nominated?"he offers, not sure what else he is supposed to say at this point.

Samuel smiles lightly, as he shifts back and forth on his feet. He is starting to feel pretty cold, so movement is helping him stay warm. Not to mention he is extremely nervous, which is also contributing to his fidgeting. His smile widens when he hears her suggestion. It's not often that he explores along the border, so he thinks that it sounds fun. "I think that sounds wonderful, I never get the chance to explore the border"he says to her.

Samuel then nervously bites his lip, and looks at her. Slowly he holds his hand out, as a gesture for her to hold it. But he manages to forget to say something. After a small and awkward silence he realizes his mistake and blushes a deep read. "Shall we go?"he asks once more offering her his hand. His gaze then turns to his feet. Samuel you are an idiot.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:00 pm

KALINA NIKOLOVA

It seemed easier to agree with what he was saying, even if Kalina couldn’t see it. Why would someone nominate her for cabin leader? That was a question which she pondered daily. What had she ever done to show potential for running the cabin? Nothing, that was what. Except break. If that counted as something which a cabin leader needed to have done, then she had that one down. Shrugging, she let the topic drop quickly so she didn’t have to argue her point further. She didn’t deserve the position- but she would take it if she won it. If nothing else, it would keep her busy and busy… well, that was something which would distract her. She could throw herself into the work and just forget everything else. That seemed… desirable.

Cold had never really been a problem for Kalina. Sure, she felt it, and yeah, it was cold out, but she just… wasn’t too bothered by it? After all, she was wearing a super thick winter jacket, and thick pants, and boots. Didn’t allow for much cold to get in at her, really. The only thing which annoyed her about the cold was the way her ears would go numb. And how they had already started to go numb, when she’d only been standing outside the door for a few moments.

‘Great,’ she managed to grin slightly, meeting his eyes. She didn’t have the heart to tell him it wasn’t an unusual thing for her… she’d taken to walking along the roads around Camp Half-Blood a while back, and the habit remained. Walking was relaxing… yes, it provided too much time to sink into deep thought, which was bad, but it was also relaxing.

For a second, Kalina found herself confused over why he would hold his hand out. Was he expecting her to give him something? Was he going to grip something? But as his hand didn’t move, it dawned on her. Oh.

Slowly, she lifted her own hand and timidly put grasped his. Timidly, meaning a feather light touch, like he might break if she applied too much pressure. It felt… strange. Alien. But weirdly enough, it also felt sort of nice. Her hand was a little warmer, for one thing. And, in general… the skin contact was a good kind of different.

‘Sure.’

And, still holding his hand in that light way, she took a few small steps. Small because she was worried he would change his mind, take his hand away and turn around and walk away.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Samuel Trenton Mercer

Samuel smiles lightly, and gently squeezes her hand. As he walks towards the border, Samuel's eyes wander around, staring at all the people and the scenery. Of course, his eyes spend more time watching Kalina, than they spend looking at the scenery. Something about her beauty is completely mesmerizing, and he can not help but stare at her, a goofy smile on his face.

After a while he realizes that he is smiling likely an idiot, and blushes a bright tomato red as he quickly adverts his eyes. If that didn't seem weird, he has no idea what would be considered weird. After a while, he looks back at her, as he nervously bites his lip. He takes a deep breath, and slowly lets go of his lip.

"This is really nice"he says quietly, before mentally slapping himself. Good gods Samuel, that didn't sound completely stupid or anything. "It's so quiet, and peaceful"he says adding on to his previous statement, he might as well as it already came out of his mouth. "It makes me feel like we're not at camp anymore, because it's just so empty, most places in camp are full of people, I like this it's a change"he says quietly. Wow Samuel, you sound so deep.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 pm

KALINA NIKOLOVA

It felt so reassuring, so comfortable, holding hands with Samuel. She didn't want to admit it, didn't want to show how much she cared about this small moment. And that was what it was, a small moment. It wasn't major, it wasn't anything big, but it felt like she was being held down to the world by a sudden weight. She averted her eyes, but there was no denying the smile which crept onto her face as he squeezed her hand gently. Kalina didn't notice how he stared, since she was trying so damn hard not to stare right back. She did have good reason to stare, after all. What guy in his right mind would hold hands with her, be reassuring, be so nice? It was insane, and completely and utterly amazing.

Glancing his way, she noticed how he'd suddenly turned his head and quickly turned her own head again. It was so new, so different, this whole situation. She could feel her chilly cheeks growing warm, and not from a warm breeze. More so from the fact she was so embarrassed, what with the thoughts running through her head now and the feelings she hadn't known existed until a small time ago.

She hadn't realized how close it was to border until he spoke up, quietly. Her attention caught, she nodded at his statement.

'It really is. I come out here a lot now, the scenery just... it takes your breath away. And you're right, it's so silent out here that it's really easy to think. And just... it's really easy to breathe, if you understand me? In camp, everything is so choking, so loud and bright, but out here, it's just you and the wildlife. It's so much easier to do a lot of things out here.'

Grinning at him, she squeezed his hand lightly, very lightly actually. Like she was scared she'd hurt him, scared something would go wrong in that second.

'I'm really happy that you decided to come out here with me. It's nice to share this with someone else.'

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i walk a lonely road--- private   i walk a lonely road--- private I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i walk a lonely road--- private
Page 1 of 1