Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

this is war [brenny]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

this is war [brenny] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:31 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
OOC: ooc here
WEARING: outfit
WORDCOUNT: xxx
i'm just a kid and life is a nightmare

Finnegan bites his lip as he watches Toby. He has no doubt that the boy is extremely scared. He would be too if he suddenly became deaf and had no idea what anyone is saying to him. When he notices Toby moving to hold his hand he stands up to hold his hand, but he sits back down when the nurse holds Toby down. Is that really necessary? All he wants to do is hold his hand, there's nothing wrong with that. Just then a doctor rushes in and orders Finnegan to leave.

Reluctantly he gets up and heads to the hallway. Instead of going to the lobby he sits in the hallway outside of Toby's room. After a while he drifts off, and falls asleep his head resting against the wall. He is awoken by a nurse proding his shoulder. When she tells him he can go back in, he jumps in and runs into the room.

He smiles lightly and walks over to Toby. He reaches out and holds his hand. He then scans the room for something to write with. He spots a notepad and pen and picks it up. He then writes on it and hands it to Toby. It says, "Did they try telling you anything? Or did they do anything?"
Finnegan then pulls a chair closer and sits down in it, never letting go of Toby's hand.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby was laying back in his bed, head wrapped rather thoroughly in bandages, and he stared at the wall opposite him. According to the clock now, compared to the time that they had come in, the surgery took a little under four hours. It was now early in the morning, and his mind wandered from the hospital room. It first thought about where Finnegan was. Had he gone to camp to sleep? Camp. Currently Camp Half Blood was under attack. Currently? Toby assumed that the battle was still raging, or rather he hoped. Sure, camp could have won, but so could the monsters, and that would be equally distressing. After a couple minutes of musing it occurred to Toby just how quiet the room was; as in, it wasn't quiet. He couldn't believe it. His ears worked. Although muffled, voices in the halls were audible, and cares on the street outside the window hummed past. Although it sounds ordinary, to Toby it was magnificent. When he heard the doorknob, Toby's head snapped towards the sound, so quickly that pain shot in his ear, but he ignored it. When he saw Finnegan, he sat up straighter in his bed in anticipation. Toby's boyfriend quickly strode to the bedside and took Toby's hand. This was sweet, but Toby was so overly joyous that he leaned over and gave Finnegan a long kiss before leaning back in his bed. His smile was goofy, and he felt like his teethe were taking up half of his face. When Finnegan gave Toby the note, Toby laughed lightly, his voice a little hoarse but otherwise still full life. "Finnegan, I can hear," he chimed. He began to explain about what had happened. When he had woken up the doctor explained his acoustic trauma, and the surgery they had done to fix it. The details were sort of strange, and even a bit gross, but Toby was glad that he was cured. Well, at least for the most part. Every sound that he could hear sounded like he was hearing it through glass or something. Perhaps it would get better over time, but he did not mind. He was enthralled to be hearing all over again. He squeezed Finnegan's hand tightly.

DATE: 1/23 | NOTES: 817 words.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:44 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan smiles and kisses Toby back before pulling away. Still gripping the boy's hand he sits down in the chair and looks around the room as he waits for the notebook to be passed back to him. As he waits he gently bites his lip, truthfully he is extremely nervous of what he might find out. He hopes it's good news but you never know.

Finnegan's eyes widen as he hears Toby's good news. He can hear, HE CAN HEAR! The boy is so excited that he jumps up and promptly kisses the other boy on the lips once more. He pulls away, a goofy grin on his face. "That's so amazing"he exclaims. He then gives the boy's hand a squeeze and continues to stand.

At this point it's beginning to seem like, he won't be letting go of his hand. Which is true of course, at least not until they are out of the hospital. Call it odd but he feels protective when he holds his hand, and after what happened he feels like he needs to be protective. If anyone wants him to let go of Toby's hand they will have to pry Finnegan's fingers off.

The brunette lets out a yawn and covers his mouth. His eyes then flicker over to the clock, four am. He was unaware that much time had passed, he should get sleep, but he really does not feel like it. Instead he pulls a chair closer so it's right next to Toby's bed and sits down in it. "How long do you have to stay?"he asks the boy. He knows that he won't be leaving during the time of Toby's stay, so he might as well know how long it will be.

He then closes his eyes and leans back, a wide smile on his face. But then he is reminded of the cause of the accident. Opening his eyes he turns to look at Toby. "Will you agree to not going back to camp for a while?"he pleads with the boy. The last thing he wants is another accident. Because next time it might not be hearing it could be death, and that is something Finnegan does not want to happen.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Son of Hecate

Finnegan seemed just as excited as Toby that he could hear, and that they were both safe. As they kissed, Toby could feel the same sparks as he had before. It wasn't the same kind of affection that Finnegan gave to Toby when he was injured. He didn't know why, but it was just... different. Toby moved an empty hand to their intertwined hands, and he laid it on Finnegan's, so that he was holding the boy's hand with both of his. Finnegan seemed like he wouldn't release Toby's hand any time soon, but that was really fine with him. If nothing, he would simply embrace Finnegan's grasp. He understood that he didn't want to let go of Toby again, because after all, if they had stuck together Toby probably would have been able to avoid blasting his ears out. When Toby's brown eyes observe Finnegan let out a yawn, he smiles a little. It was really cute, but before he knew it he was letting out a yawn of the same caliber. He hadn't been aware how late it had gotten until that moment, and then as if a dump truck had dropped it all on him, a wave of fatigue crashed onto him, and he let out a small sigh. His bones ached, and his head pounded. Although he had just woken up, he felt like he hadn't slept in a long while. Toby watches Finnegan get settled before answering. "The doctor said I could leave really soon. He has to do some paperwork first." Toby stopped and bit his lip a little, watching Finnegan. "Well I uh, I gave them my dad's name. They've probably called him up to do some paperwork..." Toby watched Finnegan's expectant face. He probably didn't understand the big deal with that, but Toby had no desire to see his father. "As in, let's scram," he continued, hoping Finnegan would do something. After Finnegan's next question, the smile on Toby's face is now as nonexistent as it had been before the surgery. It wasn't so easy to answer. Toby's body pleaded to him to stay away from the place that had taken his hearing, and even his courage was not very strong. However, guilt was flooding through his systems, and also a sense of duty. Finnegan wouldn't like his answer, and to be frank, Toby hoped Finnegan would veto his decision. "I..." He took a slow breath. "I can't promise... Even after all of this," Toby stopped a minute, recalling the horrible sensation when the bomb went off. He closed his eyes to calm himself, trying hard not to shake. "I think we should go back." He can't believe the words exited his mouth, but they had. Toby half expected Finnegan to just let go of Toby's hand and start yelling at him for being so stupid and irrational. He couldn't stop himself anymore, and his body began to tremble.

DATE: 1/23 | NOTES: 817 words.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER
WORDCOUNT: 600

Finnegan's eyes start to close and he has to fight to stay awake. At this point all he wants to do is curl up and fall asleep. It is nearly four am, he should not be awake right now. Feeling another yawn coming on, he raises his arm to cover his mouth as he yawns. He rubs his eyes and lets his arm fall back to his side. Maybe they can stay somewhere in the city and make their way back to camp once the sun has actually risen?

Finnegan tilts his head to the side and looks at Toby. "Oh is that bad?"he asks with out thinking. He then mentally scolds himself for asking. Finnegan you can't ask that! It's none of your business! Gods you're an idiot. Biting his lip he looks at Toby, "Sorry I shouldn't have asked that, you probably don't want to tell me"he says. "But yes, we can leave if you want"he says as he gently squeezes the boy's hand.

Finnegan blinks when he notices Toby's smile vanish. Did he say something wrong? Perhaps his previous statement? He bites his lip and watches the other boy, waiting to find out what he did wrong. However he can honestly say he was not expecting what comes next. He is completely and utterly shocked, he wants to go back. He wants to go back. After everything that happened earlier, he wants to go back. Finnegan can not believe it.

He lets out a small laugh and looks at Toby. Is he joking? He has to be joking, he can't actually want to go back. However when he notices the boy's trembling, he realizes he is serious he wants to go back. Finnegan's mood then changes from shock and slightly joking to anger. He stares at the other boy, and ponders what to say. He slowly lets go of his hand and lets his hand fall to his side.

"No no no no no no no"he says his tone sounding angry, and almost childlike. "That is where I put my foot down, no way in hell am I letting you go back there, not now, not until after that war is long over. Do you hear me?"he says his tone steady and full of anger. He realizes the do you hear me comment might be a bit offensive, but he does not care so he chooses to ignore it instead of apologizing for saying it.

"God Toby you got hurt, you almost lost your freaking hearing and you want to go back?"he asks raising his voice slightly. He then folds his arms across his chest and stares at the boy. "Why? Do you think it's going to be over? Or do you want to go back and fight?"he says. "Because if you want to fight that's great, I'm not going. I saw you get hurt once, I don't want to see it happen again"he says to the boy. "W-what if this time, it's not your hearing, what if something worse happens"he says his tone changing from an angry one to one that is afraid and scared. He gently bites his lip and stares at the other boy, waiting for a response.

Finnegan knows he sounds childish and irrational, but he does not care. He just cares about Toby and his safety. It hurt him to see the other boy so hurt, he can't see that again. He knows it might not happen, but he also knows it could. And he does not want to take that risk. He'd much rather chill in the city until everything blows over.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby allowed himself to relax a little, letting the touch of Finnegan's hand soothe him. His hand tingled where their skin touched. When Finnegan responded to his comment about his dad, he couldn't help but look away rather quickly. He could almost smell the putrid sent of alcohol seeping through his memories and up his nostrils. Sometimes the memories were even so strong in his cabin back at camp, he half expected loud knocks at the door twenty minutes before midnight. On those nights he would watch the clock until a minute had passed, and then settle back into his warm bed and fall asleep, hoping to forget some day about his past. A small laugh to his side snapped him back into the present. He hadn't realized he'd done something funny. Maybe someone in the hallway did something funny? Toby's eyes glanced out the door, confusion obvious within them. However, when he feels the firm grasp of a boy's hand begin to loosen, he turns his head, looking frightened. When Finnegan's hand completely drops to his side, Toby makes a motion to take it again, feeling almost deprived without it, but Finnegan seemed pretty non-compliant. When his voice begins to rise, Toby's ears ring. His jaw drops in aw. Was... was Finnegan yelling at him? His chest felt cold, but his hands were really sweaty as if the room was extremely hot. As Finnegan yelled, Toby observed that it was mainly an argument for concern of his well-being, until he said something that made Toby's stomach drop. His ears continued to ring even after Finnegan was done yelling, and Toby just stared at the boy's face blankly and in silence. Finnegan would simply let Toby go to camp by himself. It was astounding, and Toby was utterly speechless. He would have cried perhaps, if he had not cried so much over the past couple of days already. Instead he felt a little bit sick. What if something worse happens. "What if something worse happens?" he repeats in a whisper. A small spark ignited his chest. "What if something worse happens? Finnegan, people could be dying right now. What about them?!" His breaths came in short gasps between his sentences, and Toby's own voice sounded strange through his newly repaired ears. "Nothing worse can be happening to them! How can you only be thinking of yourself right now?" His voice caught at the end of that sentence. "How can you-" he began, but faded off and he commenced to crying for what seemed like the hundredth time. He shook his head, and then began to tremble again. His mental and physical beings were overridden with stress at this point. His systems begged for sleep, and for relaxation, but all Toby was offering up was emotions and more emotions. He brought a rugged hand to his face and wiped his cheek, where lines of tears were clearly visible on his dirt-layered cheekbone. It was an extremely saddening sight to see such a grown boy, beaten up, bandaged, shaking, and crying in one small room without any parents, or anyone to care about him. Except for Finnegan, but even now Finnegan was prepared to simply walk away if the decision was made for Toby to return to Camp Half Blood.

DATE: 1/30 | NOTES: 817 words.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:13 pm

JUST A KID // HOVER

Finnegan bites his lip and watches Toby. Somewhere he regrets being so harsh, and all of the yelling. But he really does want to get his point across, and he feels like this might be the only way. He just can't risk Toby getting hurt again, even if it makes him seem selfish. He just really cares about Toby's safety.

"You think I'm actually concerned about myself right now? Wow, I could care less if I get hurt. I care about you getting hurt Toby"he says staring at the other boy, his tone is cold but at least he is not yelling. "I was so scared, I thought you had died at first. I really don't want to have to think that again"he says staring straight into his eyes.

Finnegan bites his lip when he notices that Toby is crying. Shit shit shit shit shit shit. He watches Toby for a bit, not sure why he is crying. Should he comfort the boy? He won't apologize he knows that, but he should do something, right? Unless it's a trick, but honestly he can not tell if it is. "Please don't cry Toby"he whispers his voice cracking. "I'm sorry for yelling and upsetting you, but I'm not changing my mind"he tells the boy.

Finnegan then sinks into the chair and wraps his arms around himself. What did he do? He bites his lip and sits there, not talking. Watching Toby, has caused Finnegan to start tearing up. He reaches up and angrily wipes away some of the tears.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Son of Hecate

Later that night, Toby and Finnegan once again shared a hotel room. It was almost impossible to convince Finnegan to let Toby go back to camp, and after a lot of fighting, and the sound of Toby's dad's voice, the pair had sneakily exited the hospital and found the hotel they had shared previously. And now, Finnegan was sprawled across the bed with his hands behind his head. Toby lay quietly with his head on Finn's chest, and his fingers absently played with the fabric of his friend's shirt. He was not completely in the moment, however. All he could really think about was how horrific the night had been. The screams, the explosion, the silence. The haunting faces of the monsters danced across his eyes. He could still feel his body buzzing from terror even as he just watched the wall. The lights were dim, and by the slow rising and falling of the chest underneath him, Toby figured Finnegan had fallen asleep. His eyes flickered to the door as a thought crossed his mind. He could make a dash, Finnegan wouldn't know. He could go find camp, if there was anything left at least. No. Surely there was still a camp. The gods would have done something if it had gotten too bad, right? Toby lifted his head up slowly and carefully, being sure not to awake his pillow. He then watched Finnegan's face. He looked tired, pale... well, he was also sort of cute. Oh shut up, Toby, he told himself. It was ridiculous to be thinking about that right now. Still, he couldn't help it. Being in the hotel room had brought back memories. Toby slowly and quietly moved upwards to be face to face with his partner, and very gently kissed his lips. It was a very soft touch, more of a brush than a kiss, but nevertheless Toby's action to Finnegan made Toby smile. Their faces were inches apart, and Toby could see everything he liked about Finnegan's face, except he couldn't see his eyes. After a couple minutes of laying like this, Toby's goofy grin began to fade and he scooted down to lay his head upon Finnegan's chest once more.

DATE: 1/30 | NOTES: 817 words.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this is war [brenny]   this is war [brenny] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this is war [brenny]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3