Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Artistry and Perfume (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fayth

Fayth

Artistry and Perfume (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Fαyth CΩnnΣll

Sunlight filtered in through a small window and lit up the pages of a sketch boo laid out on a comfortable looking bed. The page showed a half-completed drawing of what looked like a dress design. It was elegant in it's execution and not something you'd expect a boy to have drawn and it was such a boy who was leaning back against his headboard and sighing as his creative energies ran out for the day. He looked down at his book quietly and said, "Hmn...guess I'm done for the day then." he said in a rather soft and sweet voice.

Reaching out he tugged the book into the lap and placed his pencil in the spine of the page before closing it and then placing it on his sidetable. He let out a short yawn as he did so and took in a deep breath. The perfumed smell of the cabin bothered most people but he found he didn't mind it, in fact it was quite comforting. It sometimes made him feel like his mother was near, although the small clip he wore at the end of his braided hair kind of contributed to the perfumed smell with the scent of vanilla.

Shrugging a little he climbed to his feet and stretched before looking around the cabin. He wondered what he might do today. He considered going to the library or perhaps the stables to work with the horses. Most of the other Aphrodite children seemed to hate the thought of dirt but Fayth always felt at home when he was cleaning a stall or grooming a horse, or maybe that was just his unhealthy obsession with cleaning things up talking? He laughed a bit at his thoughts and then peeked into a mirror hanging next to his bed and tucked a few loose strands of his moonlight silver hair behind his ear.

He tugged open one of the drawers in his sidetable and pulled out a pencil and a smaller sketchbook which fit into the pocket of his pants. This was in case he found inspiration anywhere while he was out and about. He took one last look around the cabin and then headed towards the door. Perhaps he'd just sit outside for a short bit and sketch a little bit more while watching the day-to-day routine of the campers.
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 am

From the sounds that came from this particular boy's room was the constant strumming of an acoustic guitar, matched with the singing efforts of this guitar player. It was a melody that he had been perfecting for weeks, and with the chords patterns slowly merging together perfectly, at least it will all be worth it in the end.
Marion was fidgety with his fingering, and even after years of practice he still slips up a childish mistake by just strumming the wrong strings. With every mistake he makes, he silently judges himself and swears in frustrated mumbles.
He sings in a soft tone to keep his timing in check, and continues to strum along with the lyrics.

"♫ My brother where do you intend to go tonight? I heard you missed your connected flight... to the Blue Ridge Mountains, over near Tenness -- Oh for the love of Zeus."
He had slipped up again and had strummed with the wrong placement of cords. He sighs out and aggressive strums his guitar out of pure frustration, eventually placing it lopsided on its stand.
Marion felt no more muse to continue on. He did not want to deal with his shoddy musical talents for the rest of the afternoon, so he had fallen down on his bed as an act of defeat.

He adjusted his glasses from impact and looked blankly up at the ceiling. Supposedly, it was just that time of the day to be hideously bored.
His canary Popcorn had began to chirp in her cage, flying around the decorative ornaments in its cage and landing down on her stand. Marion observed her activity, and calmed down just a bit. Canary birds were arguable the most cutest aerial creatures in the entire world.
"Hmm, you think I should take a long walk outside to re-establish myself?
Popcorn chirped back with an answer Marion pretends she had given to him.
"Popcorn, you're just the loveliest thing, you know?"

Marion takes off his rags and carefully picks things out of his closet, and bow-ties with sweater vests were just his perfect afternoon outdoor match.
He does a spiffy job trying to present himself, brushing his hair and linting out his sweater vest until he was ready to take a long walk of fresh air.
Taking his step out the door, he bumps into one of his siblings from the lack of attention to his surroundings.
"Oops, my apologies. Didn't mean to bruise a shoulder."

Back to top Go down
http://mostgloriousbeing.tumblr.com
Fayth

Fayth

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

Fαyth CΩnnΣll

Fayth had just leaned over to scoop up his dropped pen and was just tucking it behind his ear again as he got up when someone from within the cabin bumped right into him. He stumbled a few steps forward and turned around to offer a smile in return to the boy who had bumped him. Fayth ran a hand through his hair, catching a few of the freed locks of hair and tucking them behind one ear.

"No problem. Every bump in the road is a new friend, no?" He chuckled lightly and then extended a hand as he took in the other boys appearance. It wasn't often you ran into sons of aphrodite. They were mostly girls after all. Fayth didn't do much to sway appearance either because for all intents and purposes he looked and because of the clip in his hair, smelt female. The vanilla scent hovering about him was light and airy.

He smiled and said, "I'm Fayth. Don't think I've seen you in the cabin before. Then again...I'm not in it too often." He shrugged a tad and let his mind wander to the stables where his destination had been moments ago but now he had ran into someone and perhaps he might make a new friend. In truth Fayth had a hard time getting close to people because he knew if they got too close in less than a years time he'd be gone.

The other boy in front of him seemed neat and tidy as well. Typical for a child of Aphrodite it would seem.

(OOC: No problem! That's why the title says open :D)
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Marion can be quite a damn klutz, but at least the girl he bumped into didn't cuss him out on that. He returned the smile back, watching him as he tucked in his locks of hair behind one of his ears.
"Or it could be a maddened driver with a wreaked up ride. But I do apologize for that." Marion was glad that was not that side of the story; dealing with hasty individuals wasn't something he'd like to start off on what is supposed to be an enjoyable afternoon walk.

He examined the appearance of the other individual he had bumped into. Carefully, he realized the girl that he bumped into was in fact a very effeminate boy! The scent of vanilla lightly dosed around his presence smelled sweet and elegant, and it sure wasn't the heavy AXE cologne most gentlemen would spray on themselves.
Marion gave out smirk, "Marion's the name my parent gave me. It's a nice bumpy-like moment to meet you, brother. He went on to being courteous and gave him a hand to shake on.
Boy, was he glad he didn't make that mistake of calling him a sister. He pondered a bit about the numerous amount of people that would mistake him for a lady. Judging by his appearance and nice smelling perfume, Marion had guess-timated around 30 people a day.

Of course, he kept that guess-timation to himself and moved on to answer his other question.
"Oh well, I don't really expect you to recognize me on the spot. I'm not even that affiliated with the camp yet to get an anniversary party. I've only been here for 2 months, tops.
Marion was glad he was somewhat interacting with a normal half-human being in this crazed summer camp. In most of his time, he had only felt like a scrawny man stepping into a gym full of bodybuilders; except for the fact that the bodybuilders were flinging swords and various weapons at each other.

Back to top Go down
Fayth

Fayth

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Fαyth CΩnnΣll

Fayth let a smile fill his lips as the boy made a funny comment. He nodded a little bit and said, "Your right, or you know...a tire blowing out or something." He said this a tad awkwardly as he wasn't the greatest at making jokes. They weren't exactly his strong point. He waved a dismissive hand to try and dismiss that fact.

He noted the boys name in the back of his mind and said, "Well, it's nice to meet you on this bumpy road too Marion." he looked around slowly at the area around them and wondered if the boy had thought he was a boy right off the bat or if he'd been mistaken yet again? He shrugged the idea off.

With a small smile he nodded a bit and said, "Well...I've only been here a few months as well so perhaps we arrived pretty close? Though I came here unconscious for a week or two...I'm surprised we've never met until now. Not often you see many boys in our cabin, even the sons of Aphrodite don't seem to like the scents that fill the cabin." He giggled softly and then got frustrated with his hair as a few strands fell loose once more.

He reached back and tugged the clip from his hair, the gift he'd recieved from Aphrodite a few weeks into his time at the camp. His hair fell from it's braid in a silky veil which he pushed behind his shoulders and then turned towards the path leading away from the cabin, "Were you heading somewhere?" he asked curiously and figuring he might ask to tag along. The day was always less boring when spent with other people.
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:08 pm

"Hehe, sure." Marion chuckles a bit and gives him a pat on the back for at least trying. It really is a trial of precision to get him to chortle and wheeze, but he's just a person of really picky tastes.

Marion kept his name in his head, Fayth. "That's a pretty swell name you got there, Fayth." Fayth, of course, was also a very agreeable feminine name for a feminine boy. That was just the complete story of his life.
His father had picked on a name from some random baby book he picked off the shelves, and went through a series of frustrating trials just to pick out a name for him.
He is a boy, but what if he doesn't want to be a boy? What if he wants to wear a dress? What if he wants to be drag mama? What if he wants to--- frick it, I'm going for something gender neutral. Marion had imagined this was the train of thoughts that my father had been on the edge of his seat on, trying to pick him a name. And he had decided to go with Marion, which was largely associated with females.
Oh yes, he feels he can bond with this individual.

He watched as Fayth unclipped his braid into a long stream of silver locks. "Can I just say, since we are getting to know each other and all that your hair is just really fabulous?" This fact shouldn't be anything anyone should keep to themselves, his had the most extravagant strands of hair that any hair follicle can produce on any type of mammal.
Comparing his blonde curls to his breathtaking waterfall of long silver locks, he felt his ego momentarily hurt just a bit.

"Eh, I was just going to wonder around a bit. Maybe go to the mess hall to get some taquitos if I felt like it." He shrugs a bit a looks over at another direction.
It could be nice to have an afternoon chat with someone pleasant.

Back to top Go down
Fayth

Fayth

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Fαyth CΩnnΣll

Fayth waved a hand dismissively to get past his poor attempt at a joke and then leaned against the side of the cabin with his hands on one of the window sills to keep him up. He tilted his head a bit and smiled, it was surprising how many people seemed to like his name. He offered a nod and said, "Mmm...thanks. Yours is quite unique too Marion. Sounds like both of our parents were playing a bit on the risque side of naming their kids."

Fayth chuckled lightly and then tucked the clip from his hair into his pocket. The compliment on his hair bringing a flush to his cheeks as he again tucked a few strands behind one ear to look over at Marion, "Mmm...I think it's allowed. Thank you, alot of the kids say it reminds them of Artemis's hunters hair. Though I've never seen them." He shrugged a little bit and then looked the boy up and down.

"While on the subject of compliments though, I love the vest. Kinda neato!" he stated as he looked over the boys attire quietly, "It's giving me a few design idea's actually. Perhaps you'll let me borrow it to sketch out the dimensions some time?" He asked curiously as he pushed off from the windowsill and looked towards the mess hall. His stomach growled in reply at the mention of food.

He peeked into the cabin at one of the clocks on the wall and said, "Hmn...mind if I tag along? They'll just be getting some fresh apples in. I love apples." In truth he did love apples but alot of the time he waited for the fresh ones to come in so he could take a dozen and feed them to his favorite horses in the stables.
Back to top Go down
Fayth

Fayth

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:45 pm

(Bump for interest? Marion?)
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Marion Warrick

Marion gave him a sincere smile, chuckling over the fact he blushed at this simple compliment. "Well, I have seen some come around and go. Theirs isn't as platinum and perfect as yours, but oh well, eh?
Having heard Fayth's compliment, he was relieved that his afternoon attire was something pleasing to the eye. Having lived in New York before, most of his friends would chuckle and snort at how picky he was with his taste of fashion. Marion is just glad he met someone with a taste for fashion.
"Oh don't worry dear, I've got plenty more where that came from. My closet can be your closet." Of course, he totally didn't mean that. He wouldn't want random people to barge in and take his clothes, but it's all for being friendly, right?
This little exchange of compliments could be a new start of something, he wondered. Maybe it was time he took his friend out for a little treat.
"Sure, I can just hear your stomach growling from here anyway. Lets make sure you don't starve to death, hmm?

OOC: Sorry! Lemme go ahead and give you a reply instead C:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artistry and Perfume (Open)   Artistry and Perfume (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artistry and Perfume (Open)
Page 1 of 1