Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] Empty
PostSubject: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:51 am

The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] Tumblr_mftu2fa8Vk1ql4xp3o1_500

"I don't...I..um..."

Arthur Gregory Barnes
Son of Thelxinoe
Arthur gave a nod of approval. It'd taken all day so far to get the Library completely reorganized. Campers would come in here and re-shelve books, even though there were multiple signs that told them not to do so and to simply place the book on one of the many carts lining the aisles. But no, campers still thought they remembered where the books all went. It was Arthur's organization system, he was the only one that understood how it worked. Arthur sat back in his chair behind his desk and returned to the current book he was reading. As he got in to the next page, he heard the door to the Library creak open. He placed his book down and sat up, looking at the girl that had just walked in.
"Can I..um...Can I help you with something?" he asked, pushing his glases up the brim of his nose. The girl smiled and looked around.
"I don't suppose you know if you have the Autobiography of Jane Austen, the Second Volume?" the girl asked, obviously feeling hesitant that they would carry such a book. However, Arthur was committed to the library. It gave him purpose around here. If they didn't have the book, he'd find a way to get it in. However, Arthur quickly recalled the Call Number of said book. He jumped up from his seat and started towards the appropriate row of books.
"Don't you need a computer to look it up or something?" the girl asked as she shuffled behind him.
Arthur shook his head. "No I remember the Call Number," he replied.
"Did you just look at it?" she asked curiously.
"No I saw it a month ago," he replied, turning down the appropriate asile.
"A month?! How can you possibly remember that?" she asked skeptically. Arthur plucked the book off of the shelf and held it out to her, giving a hesitant shrug.
"I remember every Call Number..." he answered. The girl eyed him curiously, but didn't push the issue further.
As he was checking out her book, the girl spoke again. "You remember every single call number of all of these books?" she asked, arching an eyebrow.
"I remember everything," he scanned her book and stamped it. "Two weeks ago I saw you walking and your friends walking through the courtyard. You had on a brown coat with gold buttons and black pants with red shoes. Your friends were brother wearing black coats and one had on pink pants and the other had on jeans. Both were wearing boots. Your jeaned friend said to you "I can't believe you said that!" in a very high pitched voice and then you three proceeded to laugh and leave the courtyard."
The girl was staring wide-eyed at Arthur, though Arthur couldn't tell if she was impressed, or scared. "How...How do you remember that?" she asked.
"I remember everything," he replied, though his tone was solemn. "Which means I'll...I'll know if you return that book late. Have a...a good day." He though he heard the girl laugh, and it gave him a swell of pride. He didn't often make people laugh, considering he didn't actually know how...
With a sigh and a shrug, Arthur returned to his reading. Everything was clean, everything was orderly, everything was at Arthur's standard of perfection.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:03 am

chanel crystal hale

Basically, Chanel had three big problems in her life at the moment. Problem one, her crossbow's string was snapped. Problem deux, her phone was dead. And problem three, she needed a book but she couldn't read. As a child, Chanel had never actually taken the time to learn how to read. She never found it interesting and she never found it appropriate for whatever she needed to do. Usually, she was used as her father's main assassin. Who needed to read and write when you could take out three monsters with one arrow?
Chanel strode through the bitter winter winds with a purpose. People moved out of her way in fear she'd run them down. She had a certain way about her when she walked through a crowd. It was like they'd part when they saw her big, leather combat boots and the assortment of weapons hanging off her belt. A knife was wedged in her combat boot and a gun would have been strapped to her side, but this was camp and no guns in camp. Chanel had snorted when she'd been told about that rule. She'd also been highly upset when she had had to turn her semi-automatic weapons into Chiron. She found it rather annoying.
Chanel marched up the stairs of the library and before she pushed open the doors, she found herself hesitating with her hand on the handle. She hated learning histories and learning in general with every fiber of her being. She'd die in there with all those... nerds. Chanel sniffed in slight distaste, but threw open the doors with her chin held high nevertheless. The double doors banged open against the walls, sending a flurry of snowflakes into the library. Instantly, it was like a hush fell over the library as if her presence was not welcome into the library. Chanel kept her hands at her sides, away from her weapons just to show everyone that she came in peace and she marched right up to the front desk. Chanel slammed her palms on the counter and leaned in, her dark brown hair falling onto the counter.
"I need a book."
obey
your
master

Last edited by Chrome Lion on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:18 am

The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] Tumblr_mftu2fa8Vk1ql4xp3o1_500

"I don't...I..um..."

Arthur Gregory Barnes
Son of Thelxinoe
Arthur practically jumped out of his seat when the doors swung open and banged against the walls. And when the temperature dropped as the wind whipped through, he shivered. Arthur's head was now pounding from the loud noise. He rubbed his ears, trying to make the ringing stop. Once the ringing had subsided, he turned to see the girl who had entered with such a...bang. She was beautiful, but gods was he terrified of her. Arthur swallowed nervously, but he found his mouth was dry.
When the girl slammed her hands on his desk, he yelped in surprise. She bumped his three pencils he had sitting by his notebook so they were askew. Arthur was stammering incoherently as he straightened the pencils to his liking. Once that was done, he turned to the girl. However, due to her dominant presence, he wasn't able to hold it for very long. "What..um...a book? You might...uh...I'm gonna need something a little more...specific.." he said. Arthur pushed himself up from his seat and strolled to the other side of the desk. "What I mean is, we've got every kind of book here. An-And if I don't have it, I'll find it and get it here in...in a week or l-less," he replied.
Arthur eyed the girl almost enviously, though he'd never let on just how envious he was of her confidence. He knew that he was passive and pathetic when it came to being strong, In fact, he'd never stood up to anyone in his life. The mere thought of upsetting someone just sent him reeling with guilt, even though he hadn't even done anything yet. Arthur ran his fingers through his spiky, unruly hair and gestured to the shelves.
"We've got..um... History. Art history, literary history, US history, world history, Greek History, Greek Gods History. Non-fiction. Biographies and Autobrigraphies about every person you could imagine. Encyclopedias, resources, self-help books, cook books. Umm... Fiction. Classic Fiction, Modern Fiction, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Drama, Action, R-Romance, Mystery... A-And we also have all of our books written in b-both English and Greek, depending on...on whether you have a hard time with your dyslexia or..or not... And, um...and we have creative literature. Poetry, short stories, prose, drabbles about this and that. You want it, we've got it or I'll get it. That's...That's my promise," he said with a semi-confident nod.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 am

chanel crystal hale

The entire time the librarian boy was speaking, Chanel struggled to keep up. She was intelligent, yes, but obviously intelligent in a completely different way than the boy was. Like, she doubted he'd even know how to use the knife hidden in her boot. The daughter of Ares pushed her cruel thoughts to the side and opened her mouth to speak again. "I need about about a monster. It's a big, scaly monster. Even I don't know the name for it." She admitted with a flick of her head. Chanel wasn't too proud to admit that she didn't know everything about killing monsters. If fact, she'd admit that she had barely scratched the surface of killing.
"Only thing is... I wouldn't know how to read the book even if you gave it to me." Now, that was the hard part. Not too horribly hard, though. Her lack of reading skills wasn't a secret. Most of her cabin knew that she couldn't read or write. Chanel didn't particularly care though. It was her life and her life choices. She could sign her name and that was all that mattered in her eyes. She could recognize a few words in the English and Greek language but that was about it. When it came to academics, Chanel had jack on the boy in front of her.
She backed off the desk a bit to give the boy a bit of breathing room. She could tell that he was extremely wary of her if not frightened. She hadn't meant to frighten him. Chanel was just... an intense person to be around. Unlike her name, she wasn't soft and frou frou. She was hardcore, intense and bad ass. And she knew she was. Chanel's soft green gaze fixed on the boy's clear blue eyes. They were the... nicest eyes she'd seen in ages. Almost like Lucas. Except Lucas had had flecks of teal by his pupil. Looking a bit closer without moving her head, she suddenly noticed that the boy had a ring of teal around his pupil. She raised her eyebrows slightly, almost a microscopic movement.
obey
your
master

Last edited by ♡ hipster bob saget ♡ on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:53 am

"I don't...I..um..."

Arthur Gregory Barnes
Son of Thelxinoe
Arthur listened as she spoke, giving a jerky nod every now and again. "Right..okay...big scaly thing..." Arthur strolled towards the Encyclopedias, and then he went towards G for Greek, and the M for Monster. He ran his index fingera cross the spines, quickly selecting the most reliable book he thought of. "Here we go," he said, plopping the large book on one of the tables. "If there's a monster you're looking for, it'll be in here," he said with a sure nod. When she mentioned not being able to read, his eyes softened more than they already were. He pursed his lips, deciding to flip through the book for her. "Big and scaly...big and scaly..." he muttered as he quickly flipped through the pages. Then a thought hit him. "Could you possible mean a Drákontos? It's...It's basically just a dragon. B-But the Greek like to g-give everything a...a fancy name," he said. He pointed to the picture, but then realized she couldn't read the text below. Arthur glanced at the paragraph before handing her the book and reading the paragraph from memory aloud. "The Drákontos is a rare creature, with breath of fire and skin like armor, it is considered one of the more deadly creatures to come across. Being able to grow up to thirty feet tall and sixty feet long, the Drákontos is one of the largest creatures ever recorded by our ancestors. Its appearance can vary, its scales different colors and sometimes having up to three heads. With wings long than its body, the Drákontos is able to fly at incredibly high speeds. It soars through the kies, often choosing to fly on cloudy nights. Despite its large size, it is silent when it flies.
With its tough skin, the Drákontos is one of the most difficult creatures to kill. However, they skin just under their chin is very soft. It will slice clean through with a simple sword, but it's getting to its weak spot that's the problem."
Arthur gave a nod of his head. "That's what the book says. I wasn't just making that up."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 am

Chanel definitely struggled to follow what the boy was saying, but she could understand if she just gazed into his eyes instead of at the words on the page. When she saw the text below the picture, it looked like scrawly... hieroglyphs. Or just like random doodles that had been drawn at the bottom of a notes paper. She understood a few letters here and there and recognized about three words on the whole paragraph but for the most part she understood that it was something she could easily take out with a few poisonous arrows.

Chanel gave the boy a brief once over again before she replied a quiet thank you. She grabbed her dagger off the counter that she had set down and started out of the library, her weapons clanking loudly in the silence. Just as he hand touched the door, something in the pit of her stomach was telling her to stay. She hesitated, trying to ignore the feeling. Chanel couldn't do that. She'd been raised and brought up practically on her instincts anyways.

Sighing, Chanel turned on the heel of her boot and stolled back over to the main desk. She leaned her neck to the side, giving it a loud crack which took some of the pressure off her back. She rolled her shoulders back and closed her eyes as she spoke the most foreign sentence she'd ever even thought of.

"Will you teach me to read?"

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:28 am

"I don't...I..um..."

Arthur Gregory Barnes
Son of Thelxinoe
Arthur watched as she walked out with the book, only to quickly realize that she hadn't actually checked it out yet. "W-Wait! You...you have to..check that out..." he said, his voice fading quietly as he continued to speak. With a sigh he walked back to his seat behind the desk. He'd have to track her down to find her later. Hopefully she wouldn't give him too much grief. When he heard footsteps again, he looked up to see the same girl standing in front of the desk. She looked determined, like she was having a hard time saying something. He knew the feeling.
When she spoke, Arthur's eyebrows shot in to his hair line. "You...you want me t-to teach you to read?" he said in a surprised tone. Arthur had plenty of time to help her. People didn't come to the library very often, and he spent all of his time here, usually just reading and reorganizing. If she was willing to sit and learn, he was happy to teach.
"Yeah...Yeah sure. I'll do the best that....um...that I can," he said, offering a flicker of a smile.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Chanel just nodded and drummed her fingers along the desktop, her nails striking the counter with a sharp sound. She raised her eyebrows. "So, do you wanna start this thing now or wait?" She asked, her words precise. Everything about Chanel was precise. Precisely black and white and nothing else, no grey. Chanel was a very black and white person, everything was either yes or not with her and it was something that had been instilled in her as a child from her father. All those years that she had spent training and kicking monster ass had taught her to be patient, however some days, she wasn't so patient. Especially when it came to her learning.

As a skilled fighter and assassin, Chanel recognized that sometimes you needed to learn how to read. Even as only a fighter. Not everyone where she grew up at could read, either, so when she found that out she figured that she didn't need to learn either. Her father never approved of her refusing to read but Chanel didn't always care about what her father did or said. She could be rebellious if she wanted.

Chanel's gaze never wavered from the librarian's face as she expectantly waited on him and his answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]   The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Librarian named Arthur [p r i v a t e--To Zan]
Page 1 of 1