Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

An unexpected meeting. (Remp)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

An unexpected meeting. (Remp) Empty
PostSubject: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 am

An unexpected meeting. (Remp) Pmf4U

ıııııııııııııııııııııııııııııı

Amber aimed and released in one smooth motion. It punched straight through the rock she was aiming for, leaving behind a perfectly round circle for a few moments, before cracks spread out of the damaged surface. A snow-white mare a few yards away snorted, but did not bolt or panic. She nodded with satisfaction. That was one of her special arrows, reinforced with magic, its tip harder than a bullet. "Just a bit okay, Snowflake? And I'll bring you back to the stables," Amber smiled at the horse.

Now she reached into her pocket for a lighter, her weapon. Clicking it open, a flame sparked into existence. Admiring the green flames for a few seconds, she then drew a bit out with magic, and it hovered in the air beside her, separating into little bobs of floating greek fire. I've gotta be careful with this. Amber returned the lighter to her pocket and again nocked another arrow to the string. The tip joined with one flame and she sighted another rock.

Just as she was about to release the string, a rustle of the bushes right behind the rock alerted to her that someone was there. Alarmed, the only thing she could do was shift her aim to a tree beside it. It flew with a sharp twang, on fire, and hit the tree, shattering the trunk and sending splinters of bark raining down on the small clearing. Birds screeched, Snowflake whinnied. Amber flinched, blinking out the bright light. So much for being careful.

"Are you okay?" Amber called out worriedly to whoever was there, heading towards that was left of the flaming tree.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 am

Adam Dunlap

Adam's world was undisturbed for the slightest moment, the striking of the arrow going completely unnoticed. The only thing that pulled him from his daydream was the shower of splinters and wood-chips. Years of training had hardened him for this moment; he was tensed and was ready to kill, leaping away from the tree and drawing his blade in the same motion. As he raised himself, the small knife pointed forward, he caught sight of the girl, who was approaching the tree. For the most minuscule of seconds he nearly launched the dagger towards her, but caught himself. Adam chuckled, and let his arms drop.

"Oh." Casually slipping the weapon back into it's sheath, he glanced up and eyed her curiously. "You almost killed me," he began, his thin lips forming into a reserved grin. "I would've preferred "Hello," much more. I would assume that shooting an arrow at someone would be more of a "goodbye"." He let the smirk fade with his cynicism, and crossed his arms. She was familiar, as if he had seen her at camp events and with friends, but never truly met her. "Is it Ashley?" His brows furrowed in thought. "No...Amber? Am I right with that one?"

He chewed the inside of his mouth, cursing his horrid memory. His narcissism reached the farthest corners of his shadows even, but there were tiny insecurities like this that made him anxious. "We've met before. Maybe? I'm sorry if I don't remember correctly. I never was good with names, not that I ever needed to be." He realized that he was rambling, preventing her from speaking and answering his own questions. Blushing, he cleared his throat and looked away for a moment, forcing himself to be silent.

son of hades
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 am

A guy holding a knife appeared so suddenly that she took a step back instinctively. "Sorry," Amber apologised, glancing at the smouldering remains of the tree. "You're not hurt, are you?" She was surprised that he remembered her name. But she recognized him after a closer look at the camper's face. "Yep, I'm Amber. We've met. And you're Adam, right?" She smiled. "Nice to see you again."

Suddenly remembering that she had used greek fire, she turned and flicked her fingers. The flames licking at other shrubs were immediately gathered as one, floating in front of her. Taking a glass vial from her pocket, she frowned, trying to remember its contents that she had forgot to label. Oh well, those I don't label are not harmful anyway. Shrugging, she emptied the dark purple liquid onto the forest ground.

A violet mushroom cloud scenting strongly of lavender puffed up and engulfed everything surrounding it. Oops. Shaking away tendrils of purple mist, she stepped away from the cloud and sent the greek fire into the reinforced vial, screwing the cap back. "Ah, sorry about that," Amber said, biting her bottom lip as she waved away the dissipating fog, hoping the contents did not work on forest stuff. Apparently it did.

OOC:
Make up whatever you want it to do. Haha. ^^
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 am

Adam Dunlap

"That's amazing!" Everything was purple; well, almost everything. Adam stared wide-eyed at the surrounding trees, which now were shaded deep hues of violet and pink, and gave off a faint glow. Tiny droplets floated through the air, evaporating in an instant when they touched his skin. "How is this possible?" he whispered to himself. Then again, he countered, he was a demigod. Regaining himself, he nodded and cleared his throat.

"Yeah, it's Adam. I'm surprised you remember; you're the girl who does magic, right?" He wondered how specific he should of been, knowing there were many daughters of Hecate. However, he had never met any. Adam smiled slightly, considering how the sudden encounter had changed impressions. She almost killed him, but this display of grandeur certainly turned his idea around. "This is impressive," he began, waving around at the scenery. "Cooler then anything I can do." A wry smirk plastered itself on his face, and he silently pondered why he was being so modest, when now was the moment to be aloof. Adam let the question rest, and decided that the answer didn't matter. Pretty girls always bring him out of his conceited shell. For a moment he felt a deep stab of guilt and regret, but pushed his memories of Syn away.

son of hades
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 pm

"Oh gosh, now I'll have to figure out how to clear this up," Amber muttered, shaking her head. I really spend too much time around some people. She looked around at the purple undergrowth, trying to see where it ended. Luckily, it had stopped a little away, and she could see some green leaves poking out of the purple. She smiled at Adam, "You've just answered your own question. And yes, I'm a daughter of Hecate."

She looked at him, wondering what god was his parent, she had never asked before. Amber could sense necromancy in him, yet... he wasn't a son of Hecate she was sure. "So, who's your godly parent?"

Last edited by Summer~ on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Adam Dunlap

He chewed the inside of his mouth before answering. "Hades," Adam replied quietly, unsure of how she'd view this bit of information. Being a son of Hades used to make him feel so special, as if he were a rarity. He saw himself as dark and mysterious, always brooding and silent. That was all years ago, unfortunately. Now it just made him feel judged and uncomfortable, common. Adam thought on that for a moment, knowing how narcissistic it sounded to others. Well, he never did claim to be selfless. Crossing his arms, he smiled at her and raised an eyebrow. "Just curious, what did you think I would say?"

son of hades
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:14 am

Amber thought for a moment, then admitted, "Probably Hades." She didn't go into details how or why she thought so. Knowing someone's lineage before they knew yours or actually told you theirs usually freaked them out if they knew. Campers like Conrad probably don't have problems with that, she thought wryly, but it feels awkward when they gape at you and assumed you stalked them or something.

"Why?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected meeting. (Remp)   An unexpected meeting. (Remp) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An unexpected meeting. (Remp)
Page 1 of 1