Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- Empty
PostSubject: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 am

Brianna was known to be an odd girl by most who'd met her. Though it was often not said so nicely. Strangely happy despite everything, never having a schedule, and her issue of never wearing shoes... Most people thought she must be....slow. The daughter of Dionysus had decided upon waking this very morning, that her bag was boring, and needed a new design. So she rolled out of bed, brushed her teeth, took a shower, grabbed whatever was on top of the clean-clothing pile, dressed, grabbed her bag and supplies and walked out the door. It took about ten minutes for her to remember she'd forgotten her shoes and jacket, and it was cold outside. She'd promised the nice girl at the infirmary she'd wear shoes so she didn't get pneumonia again!

Once the return trip and addition of warm coverings was done, the flighty girl made her way to the Arts and Crafts cabin. It was dawn, the sun barely up, but that had never stopped her before! Starting the fire burning in the wood stove to warm the cabin up for herself, and any other campers that came in, she kicked off her shoes. No need for them inside! Moving to one of the tables, she dumped the contents of her sewing bag onto the table, staring at the threads, beads and other assortment of fun decorative things she'd collected from craft shops or wandering the forest, contemplating for several minutes before letting out a loud "AHA!" Sitting down, she to begin the careful work of plucking the threads from the design and neatly put the beads back into their boxes with their matching colors. Purple eyes focused completely on her task, a strange sight from a girl who's supposed to be so flighty.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm

If Maximilian wasn't in the forges at this time of the day, he could only be in one other place. That would be the Arts and Crafts shack. Even if Max didn't really consider himself an artist, he sure enjoyed art. He did hope that he was better at it though, especially now that he was trying to paint a picture of X3, his robo-dog. Max huffed as he stared at his work - mostly comprised of a mess of white and black blobs. Slightly annoyed with himself, Max dumped his paintbrush a little too roughly in the white paint and splashed it across the canvas to start once more... for the nth time, if I might add.

Only then when the brush merely left a grainy trail of white did Max notice that he was out of paint. Sighing to himself, he made a quick trip to the supply room and that was when he made a little mistake. The son of Hephaestus filled the can to the brim that any slight movement caused the liquid to trail down the edges and drip into his fingers. Thinking that it was just something he could easily handle, Max walked back to his spot in slow and carefully controlled steps, spotting out of the corner of his eye a girl who had just emptied most of the contents of her bag into a table. Paying her no heed, Max smiled in relief when he saw that the canvas was just a few steps away. He could make it without most of the paint spilling into his hands. Just few more steps when...

"AHA!"

And that was how Max had paid for his negligence, as half of the white paint sloshed out of its container when the boy jumped at the sudden sound. It was bad enough that his fingers were covered in the white liquid. What was worse was how the paint splattered on the girl's table, effectively coloring most of her materials a pure white. Uh oh. It better not have subjected the girl herself to the same treatment, or else Max would just die of embarrassment.

Still in shock at what had just happened, Max looked up at the girl in slow motion like a deer caught in the headlights. I'm so so sorry... he thought, but instead of speaking, he only ended up looking into the girl's eyes and mouthing the words. Oh no. What would he do if she somehow took it the wrong way?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Brianna looked down at the mess splattering her bag and all the supply boxes on the table. Thankfully, she kept everything in watertight containers, as it was rather often that she decided to slomp through the river for no reason at all. Staring at the white splatters on her bag, and the white everywhere, she suddenly clapped her hands together in glee.

"It's perfect! A snowy winter scene will be perfect for this design! You're a genius!" The purple, doe-eyed girl giggled with excitement, hugging the paint-covered boy. Now she had paint on her, but it didn't seem to bother her in the least. Moving to the cleaning station, she got to work cleaning up enough paint to have a clear workspace and to be able to open the containers of beads and sequins without getting paint everywhere. "Thanks for helping me, I was having a hard time coming up with a new look. I couldn't let go of the grape design. What's you're name? I'm Brianna Whyte! Daughter of Dionysus." She smiled at him brightly.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:42 am

Fortunately, Max didn't have to worry about dealing with a very angry girl. However, her reaction wasn't really quite what he had expected. If it was a show of indifference or a cold shoulder, Max wouldn't have been surprised. But looking like a kid in a candy store after what had happened? Well, that one didn't really make it to his 'expecting-to-see' list. Not that he was complaining, but still. Blinking a few times to make sure that he wasn't hallucinating, Max was even more taken aback when she suddenly wrapped him in a hug. He stayed rooted to the floor even after she had let go, noting that she didn't seem phased about the whole thing, not even when she got some paint on her clothes thanks to the hug. At any rate, her apparent joy didn't stop the guilt from tugging at his gut and Max quickly grabbed a clean rag to help wipe the paint off the table. Even if the girl seemed overjoyed by his screwup, that didn't give him an excuse to leave her to her own devices in cleaning up.

Max allowed the corners of his lips twitch up in a smile when Brianna introduced herself. Knowing that it was his turn, he quickly raised his paint-covered hand up as a signal to wait and ran over to where his canvas was. He came back a few moments later with a sheet of paper and a pencil. Normally Max would've used his multi-purpose wristwatch to introduce himself, but the gadget was safely tucked in his pocket and he'd rather jump off a cliff than run the risk of getting paint on the thing. Some quick scrawling in Ancient Greek later, Max smiled and held up the paper for Brianna to read.

Max Grant, son of Hephaestus. Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Brianna had done as instructed, waiting perfectly still until he got back with his paper. Leaning over his shoulder to look, she clapped her hands. "Max! Nicetameetcha! Do you not talk? I'd guess you probably don't, cause you introduced yourself on paper instead of with your mouth. Wow! It's a good thing you have a simple name if you don't talk! Cause if you had a difficult name, people would pronounce it wrong aaaall the time! And you couldn't even correct them!" Taking a deep breath after the rabid onslaught of words to the poor boy, Bri would lean back, smiling brightly, politely being quite so he could write a response.

While she waited for him to write, she began picking out light blue beads and sequins and to make the sky. Every once in a while, she would peek over to see what he was writing, but go back to stringing her beads and starting her sewing.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 am

Max was close to laughter, but it looked like he was forcing it back. Probably because he didn't want his voice heard. After all, most of the people in camp assumed that he was born mute. Max didn't feel like correcting them, and besides, the less they knew about his past, the better. If he had a complicated name, he still wouldn't feel like correcting people had they pronounced it wrong. As he felt lucky that his mother had chosen this name for him (even if the non-shortened version was quite a mouthful), a small voice in the back of his mind nagged him a little. Were the Fates kind enough to grant him such a simple name, knowing what was to come?

Putting that random thought aside, he bent over and stared at the paper for a few seconds in hesitation. He snuck a quick glance at Brianna, now in the process of sewing. He backtracked to when he spilled paint on her work and recalled how she took it so positively. Did she really mean that? Or was she just a great actress and made it look like she was so okay with it when she secretly wanted to hack his head off with a blunt axe in revenge? Max swallowed thickly at that. Why did he have such a wild imagination? Shaking his head slightly at his paranoia, he reluctantly jotted down what was on his mind.

You're really not mad at me?
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Brianna would look over at his question and smile. Giving a shake of her head, she would go back to her sewing. "I'm not mad. Why would I be?" Her purple eyes were soft with a peaceful smile. She always felt better when creating something with her hands. "I hadn't planned what I was going to make, and the paint gave me the perfect idea. Plus it's a waste to get angry over everything. You shouldn't try and bend and mold your life, because all it'll leave is disappointment... I like to leave everything completely unplanned, so I'm always pleasantly surprised!" Turning to look at Max, she grinned. She'd never really expressed her point of view before.

It was easier, knowing this boy prooobably wasn't about to tell anyone. Brianna tied of a knot so she could use a different thread and bead. "So, what are you painting? Why doncha come sit with me? I know you don't talk much, but I talk even when I'm alone, so maybe it's fate we met!" She offered, letting out a soft giggle.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:38 am

Max grinned back, taking a few moments of silence to consider her words. She did have a fair point. Though he didn't know her well enough, Max already felt a tad bit jealous of Brianna. To grow up with that kind of philosophy was a rarity in itself. The daughter of Dionysus was lucky to think that way and he envied her for it. Still, he didn't let that small thing stop him from enjoying her company and now here he was, moving his painting equipment closer so he could sit with her.

He made a slight face once he saw the mess of black and white on his canvas. A little embarrassed that Brianna had to see it, Max hastened to pull out a picture of X3 from his jacket pocket and showed it to her. The robo-dog had just been finished then, seated on top of a wooden table while surrounded by an array of tools and spare parts. Majority of its rounded body was painted a glossy white. The top of its head, neck, paws and underside were a sleek black. Although his failure of a painting didn't resemble the picture in any way, Max still found himself beaming proudly, excited for what Brianna had to say.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Brianna would continue her sewing peacefully while she waited for him to come over with his things. Looking at the picture and painting, she nodded. "I like it! Did you make that too?" she asked, pointing at the photo. She wasn't very smart with technical things. Painting, dancing and expressions of art, sure! But anything else was wasted on her. She just didn't understand maths, and sciences. Most would expect her to blame her father for everything wrong in her life, but she adored her father, and did everything she could to please him.

Looking at Max, she would smile. "We should meet up and do crafts sometimes! I don't have many friends..." It was the first time her smile faultered. But it was only for a moment before she put it back on again.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 am

Still grinning, Max nodded as he slipped the picture back in his jacket. Maybe he could introduce X3 to Brianna sometime. He continued to smile as he resumed painting, just happy to have some company.

At Brianna's invitation, Max straightened up in his seat and beamed up at her, eyes twinkling in sincere joy. His grin faded a little though. Brianna didn't have many friends? Max found it hard to believe. It was so easy to get along with her. And that was coming from someone who accidentally spilled paint on the girl's things. He cocked her head to the side as he gave her a curious look, making no attempt to hide his confusion.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Brianna would blush at the look of unfiltered confusion on his face. "Ah uhm...well... I'm not always this calm. I'm usually loud and rowdy and...Annoying." It was a word whispered behind her back that they thought she didn't hear. At least the polite ones that is. "I'll meet lotsa people who like to be around me sometimes! But no one who wants to be around me much more than once a month or so. It's okay though! I'm happy just to help someone smile once."

The purple-eye'd daughter of Dionysus smiled at him, getting a pair of chopsticks from her bag to pull her hair into a messy knot with them. At least the caramel locks were out of her eyes now! White paint had dried on her cheek, and as she got back to her sewing, her tongue would stick out as she got to more difficult stitching patterns. "It'll be nice to have a friend to meet up with lots! A best friend! I've never had a best friend." Biting the thread to sever it, she'd start on another color. Each line, each color, was carefully hand-stitched by her. She didn't even yelp when she pricked her finger. The pads of her fingers were tough from climbing, sewing, and acrobatics.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:04 am

Max continued to sneak glances at Brianna as he began painting. He didn't really pay much heed to what he was doing now, even if the white and black blotches looked even messier than before. He was more concerned with the daughter of Dionysus. Though she showed a cheery disposition to pretty much everything, Max had that lingering doubt that there was more to it than meets the eye. After all, the loneliest people can be the kindest, and the saddest ones smiled the brightest.

Absently peeling off the bits of paint that stuck to his fingers and the brush handle, Max smiled and excitedly nodded. It'd be nice to be around someone that wasn't made of metal and microchips for a change.

Then he cringed slightly, noticing her pricked finger. He only had time to catch a glimpse of the very minimal amount of blood when he turned away so quickly that black paint splattered across the canvas. Max never liked blood, not since... Repressing a shudder, he focused hard on painting as an attempt to distract himself from his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 pm

It took her a few moments to notice the little bit of blood welling up on her finger. "Oh! Guess I pricked harder than I thought!" Stuffing the bleeding finger into her mouth for a second, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a bandage. Upon unwrapping, the bright My Little Pony graphics would appear, and it was soon wrapped around her finger stifling any more blood that might well.

Noticing him cringe and looking away, she blinked. "It's okay. I didn't even feel it. And I put a band-aid on! See!" Brianna help it up to show him, smiling brightly. She knew some were squeamish, though she was used to injuries. She fell all the time and busted something! Climbing trees, dancing, doing so many cartwheels in a row she gets dizzy and falls over onto something. She was a bit of a walking catastrophe. "Does blood make you feel icky? Or just seeing wounds?" She asked, folding her hands in her lap. She wanted to help her new friend.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:33 am

Max didn't want to look at Brianna's finger even if the wound was already safely covered up, but it was quite hard not to when she held it up for him to see. A little amused by the My Little Pony graphics, he managed a half-hearted smile and returned his attention to the canvas. He didn't really mean to ignore her question, but it was something he'd rather not talk about - literally and figuratively, of course. The innocently harmless question drew out the more melancholic side of Max Grant, and it was easy to see from how he stared fixedly at the canvas yet not really seeing the black stains. Instead, he saw another blot of what could pass as paint, a deep crimson blot on the floor...

Max drew in a rough breath and shook his head vigorously. No, not again. He couldn't have that flashback again, not now. Patting his shaggy brown bangs down on his forehead, Max swallowed thickly and gave Brianna another smile. Had she noticed his little... 'episode'? If so, he hoped that this smile would be enough to reassure her. It's nothing. I'm okay, he wanted to tell her. I'm okay. It was what he kept telling himself.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Brianna blinked at the boy, watching him continue to look uncomfortable. His smiles did not reassure her. She was the master of using smiles to hide inner pain. Watching his episode, she would smile softly, leaning forward, her arms laying around his shoulders, the other running over his hair. If allowed to, she would hold him. "Don't smile it away. It'll just well up and get worse and worse. You don't have to tell me about it. I don't have to know what it is. But I'll be here always, if you just need a shoulder to lean on or a hug. No strings attached."

The daughter of Dionysus spoke softly, using a tone she remembered her mother using for her when she was having bad nightmares her first year of camp. The fighting and the gore of battles not always won. The idea of her friends dying around her. She'd spent the entire school year broken and crying. "Things won't always be okay, but I promise so long as I'm around, you'll have someone to lean on. Okay?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 am

Max tensed at her touch. He wasn't used to physical contact, but he let her stroke his hair all the same. It reminded him of home, sadly enough, and the soothing tone Brianna spoke in didn't make him feel any better. That was the kind of tone he hadn't heard in a long time.

Blinking back tears, Max nodded his assent. He wouldn't let himself tear up now, not in this crowded place and certainly not in Brianna's sight. He didn't want to look like a complete wuss in front of his new friend, not even if she told him that it was okay to cry. For him it wasn't.

Taking a deep breath to collect himself, Max pointed to where her half-finished bag lay on the table - a reminder and a subtle attempt to shift the topic of the conversation at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Brianna leaned back and looked at the bag, blinking those big purple eyes. "Oh alright." Smiling sweetly, she moved back to her sewing. It was easy for her to get carried away with people. She may always smile through pain, but she hated seeing others. Maybe it made her a hypocrite, but she didn't mind. She needed to make others smile, and to be among people. Maybe that was proof she was lonelier than everyone.

Nimble fingers wound threads and beads into a winter landscape on her bag. "So, I think you splotted your painting again."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-   That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Bloody Beaded Bag of yours! -Sapphire-
Page 1 of 1