Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

another english project lmao -- caged [ a vampire fanfic ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

another english project lmao -- caged [ a vampire fanfic ]  Empty
PostSubject: another english project lmao -- caged [ a vampire fanfic ]    another english project lmao -- caged [ a vampire fanfic ]  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Caged

Holly moved with the shadows in the castle, her long dress sweeping the floor. The shadows danced along the walls and the matriarch struggled to keep hidden. Once she found a nook in the wall where she could stay low and out of sight, Holly crouched on the ground, her blazing green eyes focused on the ball room below her. She could see a long, dark wood table layed out below her with a royal purple cloth over it, keeping the stains of all the men’s foods and drinks from ruining the antique wood. The men were all gathered around the table, drinking, laughing, and yelling. The patriarch sat at the head of the table, his leg slung over the chair’s arm. On his captivating face was a look of boredom. Holly could clearly tell that he was bored. Of course, once the braggart men were all drunk enough, the patriarch would have his fun soon enough. As if he’d heard her thoughts, he glanced up towards her hiding spot, his long canines glittering in the candlelight.

Holly averted her eyes. For years, she’d lived in this castle, but she’d never quite get used to the fact that her husband was a vampyre. It still scared her a little bit, even though she knew that he loved her. A loud crash shook her from her thoughts. “Watch yourself!” A belligerent man’s voice rang out through the castle. Holly peered over the railing downwards at the ground. There were two man already at each others’ throats. Holly watched her husband in fear of what he was going to do. For a moment, he looked indecisive, as if he wasn’t sure whether to watch them tear each other apart, or if he should interdict. When he decided, he rose up from his chair and clapped his hands together, his eyes turning a divine gold color, “Now, now, men… we musn’t have any fighting. We’re all friends here, right?” The gold in Erik’s eyes glinted a dangerous color. Holly chose the right moment to turn her face away.

At the moment the fighting broke out, that was the moment Erik struck on his victims. From below, Holly could hear the sounds of bones breaking, bodies being tossed around, chairs being broken. “Watch my chairs…” she muttered half-heartedly. For a moment, Holly briefly wondered if she should go down there and intercede the fight. Of course, the one thing she was never supposed to do was to stop Erik while he was feeding. Holly sighed, standing up from her spot in the shadows. She moved slowly, with her eyes on the eccentric, white marble floor. Sometimes, being the wife of a killer could be hard. “At least I’m not the mortician,” Holly pointed out to herself with a delicate snort.

“Hello, my darling,” Erik called as Holly padded down the stairs. Holly raised a delicate finger in response, as she was too busy cringing in her slight arthritis. Erik swept past the mess and waltzed up to Holly, his normal dark, blue eyes sparkling in the chandelier’s light. Holly just glared at him.
“I’m not speaking to you, Erik.” She said, storming past him and down into the main ballroom. She nearly gagged at the mess he left. “You stained my purple table cloth,” Holly said, sadness tinting her voice as she ran a hand over the purple cloth.

“Ah..I’m sorry, love,” he said, suddenly by her side with a hand on her waist. Holly moved away from him and crossed her arms here, wishing she weren’t here in captivity.

“You know I don’t like it when you do this,” she mumbled sadly.

“So why do you watch me?”

Holly turned away from Erik without an answer and moved over towards the second set of stairs, leading into the library. Holly moved like an automaton into the library, ripping the teek wood doors open and shutting herself inside, where she sunk to her knees.

“I’m married to a vampyre,” she breathed softly, as if realizing it for the first time. Of course, after every time Erik did this, she went into this type of mood. For a moment, the sixteen year old just sat there, staring at the floor. She couldn’t do this again, she wasn’t going to let herself be in here, all shut up quietly. Holly slowly stood, reaching for the lamp burning on the wall. She unhooked the oil lamp and brought it over to the table in the library where she set it down next to a big stack of books. Holly sat down in a seat, reaching for one of the books. What Erik didn’t know was that Holly was a bibliophile and adored reading and so whenever he thought she was shut up in the library crying, she was actually reading and inscribing her brain with knowledge.

It was something that Erik could never understand. He was almost bibliophobic, hating reading anything that wasn’t sheet music for his grand piano down the hall. She really thought that maybe if he tried reading something other than music, that he’d enjoy it. Often, she’d wake up in the middle of the night crying from a night terror, and Erik would come running and hold her hand all through the night. Sometimes he’d play her a song on his piano. Erik was an audiophile and loved almost all music if was able to be played on a piano. He’d spend all of his nights playing the piano softly while Holly slept in the room next to him. When she wasn’t having night terrors, she’d lay awake listening to the soft, delicate keystrokes he made while composing.

Suddenly the doors to the library opened and in walked Erik. He was sporting an apologetic look on his face and an apologetic look on his face. “Holly,” he started.

“It’s fine.” Holly cut him off, not wanting to hear an apology. She didn’t care what he had to say. Holly waved him off with her hand, meaning for him to leave the library in peace. Of course, Erik had never done what Holly had told him to do. In a moment’s time, he was right next to her head, holding her hand and kneeling on his knee. “Holly, I love you. I’m sorry for upsetting you tonight, alright. If it really makes you that uncomfortable, I’ll go feed elsewhere.” His eyes were sincere.

Holly thought for a moment. Erik really did love her, but did she love him? “Thank you,” she stated simply and turned back to her book. Behind her, she could practically feel his disappointment.

“I guess I’ll be off,” he said, by the door now.

“Erik?” Holly called, a smile dancing on her lips.

“Holly?”

“I love you, too.”

Back to top Go down

another english project lmao -- caged [ a vampire fanfic ]
Page 1 of 1