Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Arrows and Targets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Arrows and Targets Eliana2

eliana petriolis, healer huntress
Eliana Petriolis floated into the Archery ring. Not literally, but her movements were so elegant she might have been floating. Elegance came naturally to Eliana now. She had been alive for over two millennia after all. Eliana had joined the Hunters after escaping from her father. He hadn't abused her or anything, he just locked her in her room all day so she couldn't leave like her mother. Of course, Aglaia had to leave. The Gods weren't meant to stick around. Eliana's father hadn't known this though. Eliana snapped back to the present, discarding those dark thoughts. She hasn't come here to mope, she had come here to practice archery. Not that there was much to practice. Eliana's aim and technique were both practically perfect. That was what happened when you practiced almost every day for two thousand years. Eliana was one of, maybe the oldest, Hunters still around. She took an arrow from the quiver on her back and notched it onto her silver bow. She drew back the string and fired the arrow at the target in front of her. It looked like it hit dead centre. Eliana quickly moved up to inspect it and found that it was dead centre. "Perfect, like always." she murmured to herself quietly. Eliana walked back to her original spot and took another step back. Then she fired a second arrow. It the centre, again. This second arrow had split the first arrow all the through until it hit the actual target. Great, now Eliana would need to find another arrow. She turned quickly when she heard light footsteps. Who else was here?
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:00 am

Arrows and Targets 8a7137be8dc1984a7431cc7db0ee7d57de51a31d

Arrows and Targets Charlie

With a small little hop, I jumped over a stone just inside the Archery Ring. Morning had been met with sleepy moans, my Group still unhappy about the last time I woke them up a little too early. So I hadn't started my art early.
Unfortunately. I loved to draw, to paint, to sculpt and all them other things. Just all my stuff was stored high, and if anything fell, I doubted they would be happy for the loud bang.
So instead I had picked up my painted bow, pulled my quiver over my shoulder and headed out carefully.
And now I was almost regretting that choice. It was cold, so my green jacket was pulled tightly white tank top. My jeans were covered in marker doodles, my hair tied back tightly with a designed black bandanna. My converse were worn on the heel, my bracelets tied loosely and my tattoo covered. My make-up was on, as usual, foundation and a light layer of green eye-shadow. My lips were made light by some pale lipstick, and my eyes made stand out by my mascara and light eyeliner.
And I was pretty much ready for anything.
Except when I saw the arrow split down the first one, cutting it clean in half. Whoa. I wasn't even that good.
The dark haired girl must have heard me approaching, cause she turned quicker than if she'd just been going for another arrow.
'Hey. I'm Charlie. Charlie Grandge. And that... was some awesome shooting,' I smiled kindly, cause she seemed that little bit younger than me.
Must be one of the older Hunter's. Still looking the same age as she had when she had joined Lady Artemis, but so much older.
'Oh, Daughter of Iris by the way. And em, yeah, just here for some target practice. You?'
Hm. Wonder why she was here? Same reason? Nothing to do? Not really my business, but like, we were both here now, and she hadn't used me as a moving target. Which was good. Cause it would suck to be out of commission or dead. The latter would probably be the worst.

Charlie's Wardrobe
http://www.polyvore.com/charlies_wardrobe/set?id=44519698

Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Eliana smiled slightly as she saw that the second person was Charlie. She'd assume it was Lady Artemis or something; nobody else came out this early. Today seemed to be an exception though. Now Eliana had company, a nice change from her usual morning practice. Nobody in the Healer's group liked getting up early just to do something they could do later. At first Eliana hasn't enjoyed it either, but now she was used to it. She didn't even mind the cold that much anymore. It was Autumn, heading into Winter. Of course it was going to be cold. She was dressed for the cold though. She was in her usual jeggings (she had an odd fondness for them) and a dark blue tank top. It had some pretty silvery heads on the front. She had been wearing her silver Huntress jacket, but it would just get in the way of her technique. It was now lying on the ground at Eliana's feet. On her feet were silvery-grey converses. Eliana had also developed a strange fondness for these type of shoes. On her wrist was her silver chain bracelet. It was actually her silver hunting knife in disguise. Eliana didn't need her bow and quiver full of arrows to turn into jewelry. Like all the Hinter bows and quivers they simply disappeared when not needed.
"Hello Charlie. I know who you are, you're the Gatherer Group Leader. I'm Eliana, daughter if Aglaia." Of course Eliana knew Charlie. She made it her personal goal to know all the other Hunter's names, even if they didn't know hers. At Charlie's next comment Eliana just shrugged. "I'm just here to practice. I don't want to get sloppy." she explained, smiling slightly.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I blinked, but it didn't shock me I was known. One, cause she was dead in with me being the Gatherer Group Leader, and that usually meant people knew you. And two, cause a lot of Hunter's TRIED to know all the other Hunter's names. Tried being the crucial word there. I knew a lot of the Hunter's names. Mostly cause I was always around, and that meant I picked stuff up. Course there were some I had absolute no clue about.
'Nice to meet ya Eliana. Aglaia, the Grace of Splendor and Beauty, right? She's like, a Nymph, but not a Nymph...'
I trailed off, and smiled slightly. I knew only so much about Greek Gods and stuff. Main Gods, sure. My Mom, absolutely. Minor Gods in general, mhm. Not exactly. I knew Hecate, and Nemesis, but then it came to like... Persephone? Well I knew a lot about her. She like, fell foul of a man, which was so typical.
'Practice. Ha. I'm just glad I didn't get an arrow in the hide, cause that would suck. And sorry about the Aglaia part in my little ramble. I don't know too much about her,' I bit back a swear word at the hide part, cause usually I was a potty mouth, and I knew it.
I needed something new. An event. A quest. A bloody visit to the Art Store. Anything. Just something that I could do, cause spending all this time in the Camp was getting boring.
Absentmindly, I pulled my pit of playdoh from my pocket and started to knead it carefully. Not too hard, despite being in my pocket for a while now. I usually had some playdoh, just so that I could sculpt when there was nothing else to do. Today it was green, light and with a few little streaks of a darker color.
'So how are ya Eliana? Doing good in Aim and stuff?' I smiled just a little, cause right now I had no idea what to say. I felt a little bad I didn't know her when she knew two straight facts about me.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Eliana pulled another arrow from her quiver and fired it at the target. This time she was careful to avoid hitting the arrow already there. Instead it hit right next to it. Eliana nodded with satisfaction and turned back to Charlie. She frowned slightly as Charlie tried to describe her mother.
"She's not a Nymph. She and the other two Graces are sort of like the Muses. They sing and they dance up on Olympus." Sure, Aglaia was a minor goddess, but she certainly wasn't a nymph. At least Charlie knew something about her though. Most people had no idea who she was. Eliana, of course, did. She was alive when those Gods were being worshipped in Greece after all. Charlie hasn't been alive back then. She had joined the Hunters less than a decade ago. Eliana fired another arrow, at the target as Charlie pulls out some playdoh. Eliana frowned at it slightly before answering Charlie's question. The things these people invented just seemed a bit strange to Eliana. "Yes, it's going well. You probably saw me split one of my arrows when you came in." Eliana smiled wryly at her last comment. She was always doing that, and then she had to go and find new arrows. Eliana watched Charlie play with the playdoh. She seemed to be bored, not just now. To Eliana it looked like she had been bored for a while. "You know, if you want something interesting to do you could ask Lady Artemis if there are any quests available." she said, watching Charlie fiddle.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:41 am

I blushed, and kinda squished the playdoh beneath my thumb and forefinger, embarrassed. Whoops, it was the Muses, not the Nymphs. I knew it was something like that. I mean, the Muses are like Nymphs... in the way they like nature. Or did they?
'Em, sorry, yeah I didn't think it through before I said,' I smiled slightly, and kept messing with the playdoh.
I had seen her split the arrow when I came in. And that type of arrow work took skill. So I nodded, not sure what to say because yeah, I could never do that. My arrow would like, split another arrow only when Hades froze over.
'Lady Artemis... I could. Don't know though. Duties, Training... its all a little too much for a Quest. But soon I'm hoping for one.'
I smiled slightly now, and wondered could I ask for one. It would be better than lounging around all bored.
'So Aglaia. With her role, do you like art and stuff? Like, painting, sculpting, sketching..' this time I trailed off, not sure of myself now.

Charlie's Wardrobe

Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 am

Eliana shrugged gently at Charlie's answer. Each to their own, as people always say. But Eliana knew from experience that it wasn't impossible for Lady Artemis to give quests to those who asked. It had happened before, what was to stop it from happening again? Eliana fired another arrow as she considered Charlie's question. "Well, yes. I do like art. I'm not very good at it though. I'm better at singing and dancing, which is what the Three Graces really do." Charlie seemed to be confusing the Graces with the Muses. It always came as a surprise to Eliana when people did not know as much about their heritage as she did. She just took it for granted. "But you would know all about art and colour, since your mother is Iris. Right?" Eliana said lightly. Of course she knew who Charlie's godly parent was. It wasn't like it was top secret information or anything. Like those who asked knew that Eliana was a daughter of Aglaia.
"So are you just here to chat, or are you going to do some actual practice?" she asked, smiling widely. As she spoke Eliana shot another arrow at her target. It had only just occured to her that Charlie hasn't shot a single arrow since she had arrived. What else could you do here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arrows and Targets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrows and Targets   Arrows and Targets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrows and Targets
Page 1 of 1