Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

there's no 'i' in team.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

there's no 'i' in team. Empty
PostSubject: there's no 'i' in team.   there's no 'i' in team. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 am

You talk too much. Maybe that’s your way of breaking up the silence that fills you up, but it doesn’t sound the same when no one’s really listening.
SIXTEEN + STAR NYMPH + THE DREAMER
On cool autumn night on November 18th, 1995, the citizens of rural New Jersey and New York City gathered to watch the anticipated meteoroid burn through the sky. With a thud, it landed right into Camp Half-Blood, creating a small crater - as well as a forest fire. Small, but still, it was a definite disturbance to the nearby forest nymphs. Cradled inside lay an infant.

The baby was later revealed to be a girl, so she was taken in by a water nymph and a cranky satyr, naming the girl Rebecca after that certain nymph's last read: the Christian Bible. She really enjoyed the stories.

Rebecca learned to toddle just months later and her current fascination was trying to figure out exactly why the old satyr was so grumpy. He normally would fix her up with a few Disney flicks every now and then to shut her up, so her chubby little hands would grab onto his legs. After a few tantrums, he finally gave into storytime and told her the tale of the stars.

After learning their names, she scrunched up her little nose and proclaimed her new name: "Nova!" (It was the easiest to say at two years. Rebecca was boring and stupid - that kind of hurt the older nymph's feelings).

From then on, Nova's been captivated with the outside world. She has big dreams, big hopes and has the strongest feeling that she's going to accomplish something - she was meant to. She can feel it rushing in her veins, pumping in her heart, and the taste - oh, she can just barely taste it.

She's tired of her sheltered camp life. She's seventeen years old. She wants to run, go on an adventure, and experience life outside.

Nova has a unique facial structure: the first thing someone notices is the shape of her eyes. They’re huge, brown, and almost completely spherical. Given they’re unique, she’s not up to society’s standards of ‘pretty.’ The kids at camp used to call her an alien. She quite liked it, though, blind to the negative connotations. She always liked the idea of extraterrestrials. It's comforting. She has a pale complexion that makes it hard for her to blend in earth settings - at least she's not shining white. Her mousy brown hair falls straight to her breastbone, curling only if you have a curling iron and hairspray on hand. However, she's too afraid to ask the Aphrodite girls for help (they intimidate her). Thanks to the sun's exposure, she has soft (natural) blonde highlights, framing her face (her hairs are usually scattered, though).

Nova has intense blue eyes, shifting between different shades depending on the light fixture (not a celestial feature). She has soft, round, relaxing aquamarine eyes. Her lips are always curved upward into a smile or her trademark mischievous grin. She’s rather flat, but she likes to think that it's because of her constant activity. Her growth seems to have stunted at age fifteen as she stands small: at 5'2. She normally is seen in a hooded sweatshirt and jeans (sometimes wearing a skirt/hooded dress/long shirt over them - she doesn't like her hands to be seen, so they hide in her sleeves).

She's a genuinely kind person. People often cut her slack because of her optimistic outlook on life, but also because she's so incredibly naive. She's rather stubborn in her beliefs, but she knows what she wants and will stop at nothing to get it. She's tired of roaming the same borders every day and night. She knows this place like the back of her (small and childlike) hands. Once someone speaks to her about something she's passionate about, she doesn't stop talking. You'll probably have to distract her with something else.

She daydreams often, mapping out a plan to escape camp grounds, so she can venture out on mortal ground and, hopefully, hitchhike the universe. She doesn't have any weapons, pets, but she does have a map of the United States and a red Sharpie marker.

✔ Stories
✔ Graveyards
✔ Astronomy
✔ Books
✔ Hiking/Running
✔ Dreaming

dislikes
✘ Sleeping
✘ Being unproductive
✘ Procrastination
✘ Violence

Last edited by Fluffy, on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:06 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: there's no 'i' in team.   there's no 'i' in team. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:03 pm

x

Last edited by wtfluffy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: there's no 'i' in team.   there's no 'i' in team. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 pm

x

Last edited by wtfluffy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: there's no 'i' in team.   there's no 'i' in team. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

x

Last edited by wtfluffy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: there's no 'i' in team.   there's no 'i' in team. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 6:59 pm

We never are what we intend or invent. It's the way that you blush when you're nervous. It's your ability to make me earn this. I know that you're tired, just let me sing you to sleep. It's about how you laugh out of pity, 'cause lets be honest I'm not really that funny.
FIFTEEN + PETHARCHIA + OBEDIENT
On October 27th, 1997, Ryann Samuels was born to the minor goddess, Peitharchia and the 24-year-old graduate student, Chord Samuels in Roosevelt, New Jersey. He named her for its meaning: "little king." Later, her elementary classmates would call her Rye, as in the bread.

He later married a fellow classmate he had met in 1990, during Chord's senior year: Sienna. She had dark curly locks, contrary to her and her father's blonde tresses and almond-shaped, small, dark eyes. Chord dated her on-and-off for seven years and finally decided to settle when Ryann was born. He told a little white lie, claiming that nine months ago in 1996, he had a one-night stand while inebriated. Sienna understood, no questions asked, and the three became a happy little family. Sienna worked six days a week at the local bookshop, where she would take Ryann to play in the child's area while she worked the cashier. Ryann obliged willingly, making new friends she'd hardly ever see again (since most were tourists passing through to NYC or taking cross-country road trips). In the meantime, Chord was finishing up his semester and internship, before deciding to become a business salesman. Ryann noted that he never looked happy.

Two years later, in 1999, Ryann's step-in mother gave birth to fraternal twins girls: Lacey and Peyton. Later on, the girls would mess with Ryann's need to say "yes," but it was all fun and games for them. No harm intended.

In grade school, Ryann lived up to her name: "little king" - well, the little part, at least. She was the shortest kid in her class. Whenever asked or told something, Ryann would do it. No questions asked. Her classmates thought she was some kind of teacher's pet, but she did it for everyone. Up until high school, no one cared, but now the vulnerable blonde is used a the scapegoat. If she was at an out-of-control party, she was told to stay and admit that it was all her - now she's all about truth - but there was nothing she could do. She had to obey.

A few weeks ago, after Christmas, her father carried a sleeping Ryann to their minivan and drove her to Camp Half-Blood. Her sisters were told she was going to boarding school. She couldn't argue (even though the curse wouldn't allow her to). She was claimed four long, confusing days later. She's a year-round camper.

Ryann's obedience could get her into trouble. For her, Ella Enchanted minus the awful siblings and mother, is her life. She doesn't know how to turn someone down and if she wants to, she's incapable. She's a "yes-woman." Tell her to do anything and she will. Ask her a question and she'll have no choice but to respond. The curse, as she puts it, forces her she’s ever been told or asked, making her susceptible to manipulation. Once someone finds out about her "curse," they use it to their advantage. She's a pushover; a human welcome mat.

She's very much a wallflower now, since it's the only way to avoid social contact and manipulative people. She's not shy because if she could decide for herself, she would, but fading into the scenery is the only way. She will never speak, unless you command her to, otherwise, she'll shut herself up. She really likes to laugh, even if you're not that funny. It's not out of pity, she's just really playful.

Ryann has never had so many friends though. She rarely lives life on the edge, preferring her comfort zone.

Ryann is short, standing at 4'11, thanks to her growth being stunted by gymnastics as a child. She has small, stubby legs and the toned body of a soccer star. She has blonde hair, like her father, that reaches her shoulders. It's naturally wavy and stylized in layers. It almost appears choppy. However, it's growing out, since she last trimmed and cut it ten months ago. To keep out of her face and eyes, it's usually pinned to the side with a bobby pin. She has a smooth, milky white complexion and after prolonged exposure to the sun, Ryann tans ever-so-slightly. Her body is as straight as a line.

Her eyebrows are soft, untended dark arches that rest just above her brown eyes. Her face is sculpted like a heart, curving off at her chin. She had only recently gotten her retainer and braces off, so she's no longer insecure of her smile. Recently, she had gotten contacts, so she doesn’t have to wear glasses. She’ll wear practically anything you throw at her (as long as it's not tacky and from the '80's). She'll probably just wear the orange camp t-shirt and denim shirts. In winter, it'll be sweats or skinny jeans, the camp shirt and a hooded sweatshirt. She likes simplicity.

She likes to play soccer, climb trees and cook (for herself only, unless requested). She loves peanut butter and banana sandwiches and rye bread slathered in butter. Swordplay and archery make her feel as though she's inside a videogame. She's never seen without her noise-canceling headphones and iPod. You can often find her with tea, a frozen coffee drink or orange juice. She has a 13-year-old chocolate lab at home (originally her grandparents').

She's played by Chloe Moretz.

Last edited by Fluffy, on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: there's no 'i' in team.   there's no 'i' in team. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 am

there's no 'i' in team. NEdpx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: there's no 'i' in team.   there's no 'i' in team. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

there's no 'i' in team.
Page 1 of 1