Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lunch time is normal...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:42 am

Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 Jonathan-150x150
Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

His hand automatically went to his hair in another futile attempt to flatten it. A smile crept towards his lips when she said it suited him. "Thanks and well, it could go either way," he agreed. "Maybe you just have some great instincts. Or you could be right about it being part of your demigod powers."

Appearing to be in deep thought, Jonathan let his eyes linger on her sandwich. He shrugged a few moments later. "Nah, you'll need it more than I do," he decided with a soft chuckle, throwing a glance at her bandaged wrist.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:05 am

I watched him for a moment while his gaze stayed on my sandwich. Then he shrugged.
"Nah, you'll need it more than I do," he said, chuckling softly. He threw a quick glance at my wrist.
I looked at the sandwhich and picked up half. Then I slid the plate across the table to him, with the doritos.
'In all honesty, I'm not hungry. I'll eat this part, and you eat that part, and then it's fair. I don't ever actually eat. After every meal, I go running, or training, or anything, and lose all the calories I ever put on. So, it's almost better you eat that part,' I smiled kindly, and took a bite from the sandwhich.

Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:12 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan watched with slightly widened eyes as Ronnie slid her plate towards him. "Whoa, I was just kidding," he said truthfully. He moved the plate back to her, smiling. "A little more won't hurt. You'll burn the calories off in no time. Besides, I'm already good." He patted his stomach to emphasize his point.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:19 am

I finished off my half, and laughed as he slid it back too me.
'Your probably right,' I smiled,'If your sure...'
I picked the other half up. Feeling really self-concious as I started eating it. Then, when it was done, I took a big mouthfull of cherry coke. Unfortunatly, when I swalloed it, I was a bit distracted and choked.
Then for a moment, it was a strange combination of choking, coughing and laughing. It stopped and I was a little breathless.
'Sorry. Bit distracted. Just shows that cherry coke can be used to kill people,' I smiled.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan was just about to reach over and pat her back to ease her coughing when Ronnie straightened up. He breathed a sigh of relief and raised his eyebrows at her, still smiling all the while. "Distracted, you say?" he questioned. "Did my messy excuse of a hair distract you?"

He leaned back, laughing a bit. Would Ronnie take him seriously again? He hoped not. Jonathan felt a little awkward when people mistook his jokes for the real thing. And believe it or not, it happened often.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 am

I laughed. Still a little breathless, but alive.
'Maybe it did. I was probably unconciously thinking about the messiness of your hair, and was so unconciously distracted I swalloed the wrong way.'
I put my head on my palm, and looked at him, grinning.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Breaking into a fit of laughter, Jonathan shook his head and grinned back. Who knew joking around with Ronnie was so easy? And fun too. Now he truly knew what Simon told him about kidding around. Just be yourself, man, Simon had told him. Don't worry about the jokes. They'll come easily when you're comfy.

"I didn't know my hair had that kind of effect on people. Should I keep it like this? Might work on monsters. I'll distract them to victory!"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:21 am

'Definatly! You could run into the forest with your hair like that, and even fully grown monsters would go running for their mom's,' I imagined it in my head and burst out laughing again.
I'd never actually joked and talked with anyone this much. It was always Grace, and she wasn't exactly a chatter-box.
'I want to be on your team for Capture the Flag, because if you have your hair like that, I think everyone would just let you take the flag.' I sat back and tried un-succesfully to stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:55 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan abandoned all attempts to cease his laughter and leaned back on his chair. He couldn't even remember when was the last time he laughed this hard. That was a good thing, he guessed. It almost made him feel like a regular mortal again, not worrying about monster attacks every other day. Almost.

"My hair obviously has powers that extends even further to that of a Big Three demigod," he said boldly in-between laughs. It was meant as a joke of course, but someone didn't think it was.

"Excuse me?" a quizzical male voice said from behind Jonathan. He turned just as the boy was about to tap his shoulder, and his grin faded when he recognized the kid to be a son of Poseidon. Gulp.

"No, I didn't mean... It was a joke," he said quickly, trying to cover up for himself. The last thing he wanted was for this to end up in a fight. Poseidon kids didn't have Ares' temper, thank the gods, but this boy seemed to be a little exception, further proven when his fist connected with Jonathan's jaw.

Ouch.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 am

I looked from the new boy to Jonathan. The joke was meant as that, but some people...Well didn't take jokes lightly.
Then the new boy punched him.
'Hey!,' I screamed as I jumped up,'It was a joke you idiot! What makes you think you can go around doing that?!'
I realized then that the boy must be a big three kid. Well too bad. I rushed over and stood beside where Jonathan was still sitting. I wasn't taller then the boy, and I was a bit intimidated, but still. People can't just do that.
'What do you want? Do you think your more important, because your a child of a major God?! Well here's some news. Your not! Your a pumped up person who thinks he's better then anyone else,' I stepped towards him then. I felt really small, and I had never shouted at someone or something before. I was the shy girl. I didn't fight. But I wasn't letting him get away with this. I might be scared like hell, but it was time I stood up and did something other then kneel cowering in the corner.
The boy looked at me and then to Jonathan.
'Well? What do you have to say? You should apoligize or I'll-'
'Do what? Scream at me?' The boy asked.
He was actually spot on. I wasn't carrying my weapon. I couldn't do anything other than scream and shout.
'Well, I..Could....And that...And...' I faded off.
The boy simply pushed me out of the way. I fell onto the ground and looked up at him, spitting pieces of hair out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:03 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Well, that was way crossing the line. Jonathan didn't have a problem with people hitting him, but he didn't want people messing with his friends. Ignoring the pain from the blow as his adrenaline kicked in, Jonathan got to his feet and stood between the boy and Ronnie.

"Dude, she's a girl," he told him sharply. Boys mustn't hit girls--it was an unspoken rule. Heck, boys mustn't even touch girls when they barely knew each other. Just some traditional manners that Jonathan's adoptive parents drilled into his mind, but it didn't seem like the boy grew up in that kind of household. "And if you've got a problem with me, it's with me only."

The Poseidon kid stood up straighter but it was obvious from his face that he was slightly intimidated. Jonathan was a little taller than him, seeing that he was a little more than six feet tall. Nevertheless he stood his ground, glaring. "Wanna settle this like men, Lover Boy?" he seethed. "Let's see if your hair has stronger powers than a demigod like me."

The boy was really asking for it, but Jonathan had always been the kind of person who avoided fights, especially physical ones. "Look, man, I'm sorry. Can we just walk away like nothing happened?"

"Are you scared? Well, you are an Aphrodite kid, so I guess you suck at hand-to-hand combat..."

"Please just leave."

And then it happened. The boy seemed to fade in a daze for a split-second there before looking up at Jonathan like nothing happened. "Fine. It's cool. We're cool," he said suddenly before walking away. Jonathan was surprised. He hadn't expected the boy to agree that easily, but hey not like he was complaining. Without missing a beat, he turned to where Ronnie had fallen over and held out a hand for her. The worry was present in his eyes as he looked her over to see if she sported any kind of injury.

"You okay? Hurt anywhere?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 am

I looked between the new kid and Jonathan. I watched as they almost got into a fight, and then I saw Jonathan just ask him to leave. And the boy did. Just like that. A distant look in his eyes. He just...wwalked away like nothing had happened.
I was a bit shocked at first. Then I realized Jonathan was holding his hand out and I took it gratefully.
'I'm okay. Thanks for that, by the way. And...sorry. I probably made you look weak or something when I stepped up to him. I know boys don't like that, but that was wrong. You can't just do that. And then, what was wrong with him? He just walked away. I was scared for a moment that it was going to be a fight and then...he just walked away. You really stood up to him though. That was a brave thing to do. He was probably just intimidated by you...' I trailed off, looking at him. Something was going on. I knew that much. But how could I care? Jonathan had stepped up and stood up for me, when he was obviously in pain from his jaw. The boy barely knew me. That had taken guts.
'Jonathan, right now, I'm more worried about your jaw. Do you want to go get some ice for it or anything?' I asked, making as if to touch where the boys fist had hit him. I thought better of it though, and made a funny jerk with my hand.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"Whoa whoa whoa... Slow down. Breathe," he managed to tell her, holding his hands up. She wasn't giving him any openings to speak, so he waited until she was all done before responding. "Don't worry about my jaw. It's fine." Yeah right. Like anyone could miss the bruise that was starting to form. He tentatively poked it with his finger but he stopped, realizing that it would do more harm than good. "I'll just ask a friend of mine to help me later. She's from Cabin 16, so it's all good." Jonathan mentally winced, knowing that he was probably going to get shouted at for getting hurt like this... again. No matter; he'll worry about that later on.

"Maybe he just lost the will to fight, I dunno. Not complaining over here," he said, laughing a bit but stopping when he realized that it hurt. "My height does wonders, actually. And honestly, I don't give a damn on what they think of me. They already think I'm a wuss because I don't really spar that much." He shrugged. "I'm used to it."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 am

I breathed. Then, I saw him wince. Yeah, he's so okay, I thought to myself.
'You need ice like right now. You do not want that to swell up,' I held up my wrist as an example,'If that swell's, it will take an age to go down. I might not like fashion, or trying to look good, but I would not want to be walking around like that,' I smiled at him.
I put my wrist down and stood there. I probably look like an idiot, I shouted mentally.
'I'm sorry. It's my fault. I kept the conversation going about your hair, and that was why that bully came over. He hit you because of me. If I hadn't joked about you being able to scare monsters away, it wouldn't have happened.' I looked at him sadly.
'I'm sorry,' I said.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan quickly waved her off. "Don't apologize. I haven't laughed like that in a long time," he admitted with a goofy grin. "No biggie."

Her comment about the bruise hit home though. He lightly traced his jaw with his fingers. Jonathan wasn't overly self-conscious about his appearance, unlike most of his siblings, but he didn't really fancy it swelling up. "Well, I'll just go talk to my friend now. Get some ice on this."

He hesitated slightly, swaying a little as he stood. Finally he managed a half-smile and a wave. "Thanks, Ronnie. See you around... I guess?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:26 pm

I smiled at him. All I could think was thank God he was going for ice.
'Well, maybe one day. I hope so anyway. After you almost die with someone, it makes you feel like your friends. And...Jonathan?...Take it easy. I noticed as you...swayed,' I sat down and laughed.
'Bye Jonathan. See you around...No guessing,' I said.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Laughing, Jonathan gave her a thumbs up. No worries, it meant. "Alright alright. See ya, Ronnie," he said with one last wave. Slowly he turned with a smile on his face, setting off in the direction of the cabins. The adrenaline had all but worn off now, and he could feel the pain from his jaw coming back in waves. He didn't regret any of this though. He had met someone nice today, and even with the drawback of being hit by a Big Three kid, Jonathan wouldn't exchange this experience for anything.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

I watched Jonathan walk away. Thumbs up...
I smiled and turned into my seat. Carefully, I picked up a dorito and ate it. Then I put my head down into my arms and sighed.
Well Grace, I can offically make friends. See? I don't need you to help me. In fact, I think I can do a better job on my own thank you very much. I wonder did you make any friends, I thought.
I slowly closed my eyes. Like that, I sat for a while, thinking about what had gone on. After about a half hour, I stood up. Might as well go back to my cabin, I thought. As I walked away, I wondered if this was what it felt like to know you had another friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunch time is normal...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2