Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lunch time is normal...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Lunch time is normal... Empty
PostSubject: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 am

I walked into the mess hall. Really, I was supposed to be getting more arrows but...I was hungry. The arena could wait. I wanted lunch.
I grabbed a plate and sat on a random table. There wasn't many people here, so I wouldn't get in too much trouble. I decided on my lunch, and it appeared on my plate. A chicken sandwhich with mayo, lettuce, tomato and a side order of origanal doritos. My drink was cherry coke.
I picked up a chip and slowly ate it. My mind was full of the thought of my first ever bulls-eye.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 am

Lunch time is normal... Jonathan-150x150
Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

The day hadn't been going well for Jonathan. He had slept through the whole morning and missed lunch. Then just after he woke up, he had to break up a fight between two of his sisters back in the cabin. It also took him quite some time to take a shower, seeing that the water was running low today for some strange reason. Now terribly hungry and annoyed at how his day started, Jonathan made his way towards the mess hall in a regular orange camp shirt and a pair of khaki shorts. His hair was all messy, sticking up in random places as he tried to flatten it. No such luck, as his hair just seemed to want to stay that way.

Dropping to one of the seats, Jonathan didn't care if he was in the Aphrodite table or not. It looked to him like it was already past lunch anyway and so not a lot of people were around to enforce the 'sit-by-your-siblings' rule. Blinking in uneven spaces, he turned to focus on his plate where a tuna sandwich suddenly popped up. Just as he was about to take a huge bite, he noticed a girl seated in front of him picking up a chip. He stilled in surprise. He thought the table was empty! Where were his manners? How had he not noticed that someone was already seated at this table? He must have been so lost in thought.

Jonathan swallowed hard and shot the girl an apologetic look. "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there," he admitted with a nervous smile. "Just woke up, see. Hope you don't mind me sitting here... but if you do, I'll just go move..." he trailed off in embarrassment, already in the process of standing up.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 am

A boy sat down, and to be honest I hadn't noticed until he had talked.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there," he admitted with a nervous smile. "Just woke up, see. Hope you don't mind me sitting here... but if you do, I'll just go move..." he trailed off in embarrassment, and I noticed he was already making as if to move.
'No, please do stay,' I rushed before he could walk off,'it's not even my table. It's the,' I looked up and saw the bow and arrow over the table,'okay, it is my table but it doesn't matter. No-one else is here, so it's okay if you want to.'
I smiled at him tentavily. I don't usually sit near people I don't know, but seeing as though I was on my own, it couldn't hurt.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:00 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan followed the girl's gaze to Apollo's symbol on the table. He should really just stick to the Aphrodite table to avoid these kinds of embarrassing scenes. Scratching the back of his head awkwardly, Jonathan managed to return her smile with one of his own. "Thanks."

He slowly sat back down, watching her face for signs of disagreement. When it looked like she really didn't mind his sudden intrusion, Jonathan bit into his sandwich as he couldn't take the hunger anymore. Chewing slowly, he kept his eyes on his plate. He still felt a little ashamed of himself. Gods, how had he really not seen the girl? Not like she was as small as ant for him to miss her. Swallowing thickly, Jonathan became vaguely aware of the short awkward silence that took over and looked up. He should probably strike up a conversation... Wasn't it the nice thing to do?

"Er... hi," he started, the corner of his lips twitching up in a half-smile. "I'm Jonathan, son of Aphrodite. My friends call me Athan." Typical demigod introduction. Not like he had anything else in mind to say.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

One of Grace's brothers. Explains why he was good-looking...Not that I had thought about that, it's just kids of Aphrodite were un-usually good-looking. He didn't seem the exact same as them though. Less like Aphrodite more like Grace.
'Hi Jonathan. I'm Veronica Lyric, daughter of Apollo. Mostly, everyone calls me Ronnie though,' I smiled, and looked down quickly. I picked up the sandwhich and took a careful bite out of it.
Swallowing, I offered him a dorito. It seemed like a nice thing to do, but then again with people you never knew. I'm not exactly good with people.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"Thanks," Jonathan said gratefully as he popped the dorito in his mouth. Listening to it crunch in his mouth seemed to soothe him a little, though he really didn't know why. Perhaps it was the same with all crunchy things. Well, in any case, he should stop thinking about doritos and concentrate on the conversation. It wasn't nice to keep people waiting, especially people who offered you food.

"So how long have you been here?" he asked. He had seen her around before, like majority of the people in camp. Maybe she had been here longer than him. It certainly was a possibility.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:31 am

I smiled, this time without any hesitation. I was proud of the amount of time I was here.
'I've been here four years, going into my fifth,' I pulled out my clay bead necklace and showed it to him,'I've only been a year rounder for two of those years though. I went home for the first while. What about you? I think I have seen you around, but I'm not sure. I don't pay attention to people,' I asked him and admitted my secret. Mostly though, everyone knew I kept to myself.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:41 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan bit into his sandwich, savoring the taste of tuna on his tongue. He was almost halfway done, he realized. His stomach was even beginning to calm down but still craving for more food. Ah well, he'd remedy that later. For now, his eyes swept over the necklace Ronnie pulled out and noticed that she had indeed been here longer than he.

"Quite a collection of beads you have there," he said, chuckling slightly. His hand subconsciously went to his own necklace where three beads hung right beside his dove pendant. "Three, going on four. And yeah, maybe you have. Can't blame you though, there are so many people here that it's hard to keep track."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

'You've got that right,' I laughed for the first time,'There were a lot of people here even when I came. It's hard to remember everyone.. And if you think my collection is big, you should see my cousins. She has five, and this will be her sixth,' I noticed the necklace with the dove pendant.
'That's a nice pendant you got there, by the way. It's the symbol of Aphrodite, isen't it?' I asked.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan laughed along with her. "It's also summer, hence double the number of campers. Five years... whoa, that's a lot. But I know someone who's been here ever since she was born so... I guess that's more than a decade."

He looked at the pendant in his hand, sliding his fingers through the dove symbol embedded on its surface. "Yep," he said with a slight nod. "The dove's her sacred animal, I think," he paused, hesitating. "This is actually my sword. I'd show you, but I don't think people will react kindly to a sword drawn out in a place like this," he told her, grinning widely.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 am

'Here since she was born?! That's..well kinda awesome. I would have liked being here that long, but you know, my Mom wouldn't have done that. She barely wanted me to come anyway.' I returned the laugh lightly and slowly moved my hair back behind my ear. It had fallen while I laughed.
'Having a sword like that is cool. Grace, my cousin, she has a mascara bottle that forms into a sword when she opens it. She got it a year ago of Aphrodite. Her sword broke in a fight, and she went into a coma, and while she was in it, the mascara was given to her. I've been on the recieving end of that sword a few times and believe me, I wouldn't get on her bad side. She's not exacty an orthodox daughter of the love Goddess. Someday, I hope Apollo will give me a weapon like that,' I looked him in the eyes for the first time and smiled.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:24 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

A sword that was disguised as a mascara bottle? Jonathan had yet to see something like that. Well, it didn't come as a surprise to him to know that it belonged to one of sisters. Aphrodite girls and make-up tools go together like bread and butter. "Lucky her. I've yet to receive a gift from mom. Grace, huh? Don't think I've talked to her before. Well, I think it'd be nice to talk to a sister of mine that's not into a lot of make-up and whatever else most of my sisters like to talk about."

Returning her gaze, Jonathan smiled back. "Yeah, same here. The gods are busy though. You can't expect them to buy us birthday gifts... though it would've been nice."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 am

'Don't I know it. The Gods have got to be the busiest people in the world...If you can call them people. Oh, Grace likes talking about make-up and stuff, but she doesn't. She doesn't even wear that much. Only eyeliner and mascara...Not her sword mascara. She like's fighting too. And she's quite good. Needless to say, she's better than me. I don't like killing anything,' I sighed,'It just means that most of the time I sit out of Capture the Flag so I don't have to hurt someone. If I play, I usually end up with an injury.' I lifted up my bandaged wrist.
'Most recent injury. Not to bad now though, and it will probably be better in time for me to break my leg or something,' I started to tug on the bandage nervously.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

This Grace person sounded like someone he'd enjoy talking to back in the cabin. Making a mental note to seek her out later, Jonathan let his fingers drum along the edges of the table as he listened to the girl in front of him. He definitely saw where Ronnie was coming from. "Same. I sit out Capture the Flag too. I just don't like fighting... only do if it's against monsters or stuff."

He shrugged, before letting his eyes drift over to her bandaged wrist. He gave an involuntary shudder. "Yikes, that gotta hurt. How'd you get it?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am

I looked at him. He really wasn't a normal Aphrodite boy, except for the fact he sat out too.
'I don't like killing monsters. I know they would kill me, but it's just I feel mean killing anything. I will if I have too, but I just really don't like the idea of it.'
I noticed then that he had shuddered when looking at my wrist, and strangly, that made me laugh too.
'It hurt like hell for a while, but it's only a sprain. I got it when I was climbing the wall a week ago. I'm proud too say I made it to the top and back down though. I've sprained my wrist a few times, so I'm used to it now. I'm a bit of a clutz,' I said.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:04 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan smiled, agreeing with her. He never really heard someone say something like that before. Most people in camp, especially the boys, rejoice in the thought of fighting. Just another thing that made him stand out from the other guys--his reluctance when it came to fighting. Some had even started to question his sexuality because of that, but he didn't really let it bother him.

Raising his eyebrows at her when she said that she had gone wall-climbing, Jonathan laughed slightly. "Well at least it was just your wrist. It could've been more."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:49 am

'Don't I know it! I'm not exactly co-ordinated. The wall was just to prove to Grace I could do it. Look where it got me,' I chuckled.
'I'm not exactly an orthadox daughter of Apollo either. I only hit the bullseye for the first time today...With a bow and arrow I mean. I prefer to use a sword if I have too. I'm not a good healer either. I let other people do that,' I laughed at the thought of me trying to heal someone.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Ronnie had spunk, that much was obvious to the son of Aphrodite. He smiled, finding girls like that rather likable. Though most of them looked like they can kick his butt quite easily in a battle (well, that was expected as he would let them win), Jonathan liked talking to those kinds of girls. Anyone who wasn't his sister would make a nice change. At least he won't have to nod at the correct moments and zone out as they discussed fashion and shopping.

"I guess there's an odd one out in every group. I'm not like majority of my siblings, actually." He hesitated a little, smiling nervously before adding. "I don't think I can flirt. People expect me to be a natural with that area because I'm a son of Aphrodite, but honestly I suck. No joke. I'd be better off not trying." He laughed, mostly at himself and this weird inability of his.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 am

Jonathan was actually quite funny. The fact he had let out what was obviously his deepest secret, well it made me happy. Usually, after my first sentence, people ran away. Quickly.

'Well, to be honest, I've never had a boy-friend,' I blushed, ' I'm not exactly good around anyone but Grace. I can't flirt either. Anyway, the rest of the Aphrodite campers have enough flirt to give the whole world about six times over. I wouldn't worry about it.'
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:29 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan managed to retain a poker face, but in all honesty he was a little surprised. Ronnie looked like she was his age, and just by that he assumed that she had some experience in relationships. After all, during these modern times they lived in, people younger than him were already engaging in these kinds of things. He didn't know if it bothered him or not, but he found it easier not to think about it.

"Really? You seem good to me," he admitted with a small smile, leaning back on his seat. He laughed when she mentioned his siblings' great talent. "Exactly. They're more than enough to cover up for everyone else who has a problem with flirting. You should try listening to some of my older sisters. They're even a little... gah, I don't even know how to describe them anymore." He shrugged, shaking his head.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 am

I looked at the expression on his face. Then, I realized he was surprised. He was trying to retain a poker face, but it was easy to see.

'Really really. I was the geek who sat at the back of the class and never talked to anyone. Not really one to socialise. As for your older sisters, I understand. Honestly. They once put permanent make-up on me...lets just say I won't be going into that cabin for a long long time. Or ever, if I can do that,' I smirked then,'Never get on their bad side though. You probably know that already, but take my advice. I have experiance in some things, and being the Aphrodite girl's test subject is one of them.'
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:54 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"You're talking to someone who spent most of the previous three years in that cabin. I think I've grown used to things like that happening in there," Jonathan said, nodding. He studied her closely, just trying to get a reading on this girl. She sure didn't look like a geek, let alone act like one. Honestly, it looked like she had no problem talking to him when she got started. He could still remember how shy she was just a few minutes before, and now they were talking like they had known each other for a long time.

"You don't look like a geek. Seriously. You lack the glasses," he added, a wide grin playing on his lips. Ha, what a lame attempt at a joke, he thought to himself with a mental chuckle.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 am

I thought over my answer for a moment. A small crease appeared on my forehead as I concentrated.
'I used to have glasses. Big chunky ones. But then when I was like seven, I was able to get rid of them. As for my socialising, and I warn you this is going to sound geeky and very stupid, I have an internal compass you could say. For example, I could tell you didn't have any menace behind your actions when you sat here, so I have no problem with you. If on the other hand you had sat here with the intentions of, well eating my sandwhich, I would have known you had bad intentions and probably left as soon as I could.' I looked at him and grinned.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"I didn't know Apollo had something to do with mind-reading... or something of the sort. What if I suddenly decided to eat your sandwich at right about... now?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow at her. "Purely hypothetical question."

Smiling, Jonathan ruffled his already messy hair, making it stick up in even more directions than before. Now he guessed that he looked like he just got out of bed. No matter, not like anyone cared a lot about appearances here. Maybe except his siblings, but it wasn't as if he had anything to worry about them. He then realized how indecent he probably looked in front of Ronnie with his hair messed up. "Do I look like I just got out of bed?" he suddenly blurted out, the ADHD getting the better of him. Color flooded his cheeks when he realized that he had just said that out loud. "Ahh... forget that. Now let's get back to my previous question about your sandwich."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:33 am

I laughed at his hair.
'Yes, you look like your just out of bed, but it suits you. Apollo doesn't have anything to do with my compass anyway. I just have very strong opinions about people. Wait! He could have something to do with it. He's the God of prophecy's right? And seeing the future is like prophecy's. So, what I can do is like seeing the future..of what people are like. What their intentions are. I really don't really think it's a power though. More like said strong opinions. If you decided to eat my sandwhich right now...well, I wouldn't be able to tell. You could do it, and I would have been none the wiser about it.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunch time is normal...   Lunch time is normal... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunch time is normal...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next