Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:22 am

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 Caleb-150x150
Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

This... This cannot be happening. Everything June said seemed to fit perfectly like a jigsaw piece that was missing for a long time, but it was still a lot to take in. Caleb looked down on his shoes, trying to process everything she told him in the past few minutes. It was so unnerving to think that he had all but completely forgotten about someone only to meet her again after a few years. Caleb had always prized his excellent memory and now, it was hard to look at the proof that it wasn't as perfect as he'd thought. Groaning, he scratched the back of his head in annoyance.

"Why is it so easy for you to remember..?" he asked faintly, his lips pulling into a thin line as he looked up to meet her gaze. Jealousy had overwhelmed Caleb as he listened to June recalling their interrelated past lives in seemingly perfect detail. Why couldn't he do the same? His memories were still fading in and out, too unclear for him to focus on each of them individually.

"Bits and pieces... just bits and pieces. I remember a girl who lashed out when some kid ruined her coloring of Donald Duck back in second grade. A girl who had a stripper for a mother. A girl who I went to school with for three grades."

Caleb swallowed thickly, the memories rushing back to him in waves. "You broke the school record for the most number of referrals. I thought you were pretty messed up back then. Decided to look up some of your weird traits and more or less came up with the conclusion that you're not normal. Psycho. Socio. Something like that."

Racking his thoughts, he sank to the ground, slumping against the tree behind him. It was like a film was unfolding in his mind's eye, as if he were watching a movie. "I got home. At least, I think I did." Had his mother mentioned anything about this to him? Was it possible that her memories were wiped clean too? "It was a few more years before my mother decided to send me here. Something about me becoming worse and isolating myself from people," he said, echoing her words from roughly a year ago. A new thought suddenly struck him. Had June's sudden disappearance been the reason why he became worse off than he already was? For now, all the clues were pointing to that direction. And honestly, Caleb didn't know whether to be sad about it or not.

He stared at June, her last words repeating themselves in every corner of his mind. Please tell me you remember. I... miss you. His mouth opened as if he was about to say something but he closed it again without a word. It was just so bizarre. Everything was bizarre. How was he supposed to respond to June now? Tell her he misses her too? That would be weird, since he wasn't too sure of his own feelings toward all of this himself.

Breathing a rueful sigh, Caleb held up a hand to his forehead and bowed his head, hiding his glasses from view. "Just let me breathe. This is an awful lot to take in," he said simply, his voice trying to take the emotionless edge to it like it did before. But this time, his voice broke at the end of his sentence, a sign that this had shaken him up pretty badly. A sign that he was starting to break himself.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 pm

June listened intently to Caleb talk about her. She had almost got into a fist fight in second grade. She had visited Edmund more times then anyone else at the supposedly esteemed private school. Principal Edmund. Only a few minutes ago she had believed he was the only one who cared and understood about her throughout her younger years. He might still have been the only one who cared, because June couldn't recall the emotional side of her relationship with the demigod, but she knew Caleb understood her twice as well as Edmund.

As she sat in the silence, taking everything in alongside Caleb, June put her head in her hands. Slowly she turned to look at Caleb. "I think I know your name from something recently. Definitely since I've been at camp." June rubbed her temples and sighed. Nothing was coming to her, so she decided to observe the son of Momus. The most June had ever talked to anyone was today with Caleb, so it felt much more comfortable to just watch him. She could easily compare the old Caleb to the newer one, even though he seemed much more lost now than he ever had appeared before.

As she looked over the boy, June thought back to what he'd been saying earlier, up until everything he more recently told her. His tone bothered her on a whole new level. This was the first time she remembered feeling sorry for someone. "Don't worry, Caleb. Everything's . . . okay." June awkwardly tried to comfort her old friend, but it wasn't very convincing. She didn't believe it herself. The fact that Caleb was finally breaking down hurt June, but not because he was being rude. He wasn't. It hurt in a way that was new and uncomfortable for the daughter of Ares. It was almost pity. Pity was something June had once been sure she wasn't capable of.

As June pulled herself out of the phased state, she began to respond to all of the information she had just been given. "So are you a popular, social butterfly?" June scoffed. When the memory hit her, right then and there, June's heart nearly stopped. It was the recent one that she'd been trying to recall. Anger boiled inside June, and the only way she managed to keep it down was taking deep and steady breaths. She looked at Caleb again, her eyes alive with anger, but not the madness that usually followed suit. "My brothers and sisters--my half brothers and sisters--really don't like you. They talked about a Caleb Wright. I've heard the stories. Forcing you out of camp for a few hours, pushing you into rivers . . . You must be pretty important to those neanderthals; to get them to focus so much energy on you is quite the feat."

June's eyes softened and she relaxed against the tree behind her. "They're jerks. They don't like me either. I'm s . . . s . . . sorr . . ." June couldn't finish the sentence. Sorry was not a word June would probably ever be able to use. She looked away from the boy next to her and went back to trying to enjoy the silence. Truthfully she wished she could crack her sibling's thick skulls, and when they found out she was hanging with Caleb she would be dead, but all June cared about was saying that one word? It made her weak. Weak was bad. But it also made her ashamed. She couldn't talk to her friend.

Never would June cry. She didn't cry. She wasn't sure if she even could cry! But if she was your typically hormonal teenage girl, she probably would have broken down about then. Instead she stared into the ground, her face nearly emotionless. She was hiding it better than most, but there were walls threatening to come down inside of June.

Everything had changed too much in the hour or so they had been together. Nothing about June's life was June-like. Not anymore.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:29 am

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

Caleb couldn't help but snort, and it was a little sign that he hadn't completely lost himself. "Whatever this is, Prenston, this isn't okay," he said flatly, looking at her through the lenses of his glasses. He was still seated on the ground, staying slumped against the tree. He could see the pity in June's eyes and it affected him in a strange way. As if it started riling him up. He didn't want her pity. He never wanted anyone's pity. The small irritation forming in the back of his head was almost a relief, telling himself that he was still Caleb Wright.

"Ah, so your half-siblings see me as some sort of special case, I take it?" he asked with a hint of amusement. For a moment he forgot about the situation, how weird it was that he and June met some time before. Not only that, but they were friends. What a weird thought, Caleb having friends. The two words were not supposed to go together in the same sentence, but it seemed that at some point, they did.

"They're nutcases. I doubt most of them even have half a brain. All that matter to them is brute strength. Apparently they're thick enough not to realize that you'll need more wit than physical power to actually survive this world and leave a legacy behind," Caleb said freely, ignoring the fact that these were June's half-siblings he was talking about. It was just a natural trait of his, being a harsh and stinging critic to those he set his eyes on. It was a trait he secretly wanted to change, but it was thanks to his father that it apparently wasn't possible. He was born this way thanks to Momus.

Caleb leaned his head back against the tree, carefully watching June's face. Would she be angry that he freely criticized the children of Ares, or at least, majority of them? He'd ponder about that if his mind hadn't focused on another thought completely. "Wait, did I just hear it right? Are you actually trying to apologize?" The smirk on his face was teasing, almost insulting to look at. He didn't mean to be rude, but he had to be. He needed to cover up his moments of vulnerability with this tough armor. He wasn't a pathetic prat and he wasn't about to let June think that he was even for one moment.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:09 pm

"How am I supposed to have any control over this?" June moaned, her tone taking on a hint of annoyance. In all honesty, June agreed that is wasn't okay, and she liked being referred to as Prenston instead of her girly first name, but everything about Caleb was so condescending. She wasn't sure what about him she was supposed to believe. Mostly he sounded annoyed, which bothered June. hear she was, going out of character to make him feel better about him, and all he did was ignore it.

June looked over at Caleb and frowned. He didn't like how highly he thought of himself. "I never said that," June replied pompously, glaring at Caleb. "I just said they didn't like you. But . . . I suppose you could say you're a bit special to them."

As Caleb talked about the siblings June preferred to distance herself from, she began to laugh. And then laugh some more. And then laugh louder, until she was clutching her side and trying to stop. Once she had a good grip on herself, she realized she had wanted for so long to laugh about something genuinely. Around Calen before she had fleetingly chuckled. She wished Caleb would laugh, too. It felt cleansing. The only problem was, June wasn't funny. "I couldn't agree more. They're human elephants. Fat and dumb. I'd like to think I'm slightly better than them, all of my issues aside." June spit into the trees behind her. It was a bad habit of hers, along with scratching her temple when she was upset.

June had to do everything she could to keep her embarrassment level to a minimum. "N--No!" June stammered, trying to come up with something half logical. "I don't apologize, Caleb. You should know that by now. Right? Convincing?" June raised an eyebrow at Caleb, shyly smiling at him. "I'm not an actress," June mumbled, trying to defend her poor acting. Today she was really off her game. Eeh, she blamed Knives.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

"You don't. That's why it's annoying. Everything is out of whack and it's all because of the gods." Would Ares or his father come after him for saying that? Perhaps the gods had more things to do than attend to a petty demigod pinning the blame on them.

Caleb almost felt relieved when June glared at him. Glares, he was used to. He knew how to deal with them. Pitiful sympathetic looks, however, were another story. When June began to laugh, he raised his eyebrows in alarm. It didn't sound like the June today. It reminded him of the hazy June from before, for some strange reason. A reluctant smile rose out of his lips but it lasted only for a few seconds before he pulled them back into a smirk. The smile was an involuntary action, not something he had usually done but something in his mind had the sudden impulse to make him do it. It was rather unnerving. "Eh, maybe you are," he said, looking as if he was considering the idea. "For starters, you're the first Ares kid I've spoken to for more than ten minutes. Congrats."

June was a lot of firsts to him, he noticed. His first... friend (he still had to get used to the idea). The first long conversation he has had in a long time. The first child of Ares he had actually... enjoyed (another idea he had to get used to)... spending time with. What next? His first kiss? He started a little at the idea. Where had that come from?

He sighed as he stared at June, trying to figure her out. Like before, it yielded poor results. The way she flitted in and out of her sociopath nature didn't really freak him out. It was more like he was familiar with them. Strangely familiar. "Well you could've fooled me, if I had been a few IQ points lower," he said smugly. June had better get used to his huge head, if she weren't already. "I don't know what to make of you. One moment you're being all 'let-me-help-you-but-excuse-me-for-I've-never-done-this-before' then being all defensive in the next. Which is the real one?"

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:18 am

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 Tumblr_m5invzV5Tv1r0l7is

June'a brain typically worked at a fast pace, but seeing Caleb smile caused her head to hurt. It wasn't because Caleb's smile was unpleasant. Actually, seeing her friend smile meant a lot. It was more along the lines of "did this really just happen?" Before she could give it a second thought, June smiled back at him before quickly tucking her hair behind her ears and looking away just as quickly. What in Hades was that?

"Um . . . So about my personality--" June interjected, not exactly sure what had just gone down. "I don't know, to be honest. I don't know a lot lately." June still kept her face away from Caleb's gaze, feeling awkward about the entire situation. "Stick around long enough and maybe we'll see." June scribbled random lines in the dirt, her mind in far off places. It was as if Caleb was taking over her thoughts. Just like an other teenage girl, a boy was now always on her mind. And was it really any different? "No June, don't think that. He's your only friend." June mentally hit herself for thinking about romance. Gross . . . Where had that thought even came from?

"Caleb?" June asked carefully, trying to sound like any normal kid. "I don't try to be rude to everyone. Especially you. I mean, what have you yourself into, befriending me?" The Ares girl smirked at Knives, scooting closer and nudging him with her shoulder. As June leaned back, she because to count something on her fingers.

"Were you aware of the fact that you owe me three birthday parties? I expect dancing, and wild animals, and music, and decorations, and surprises galore!" June sarcastically wiggeled her Figers in a "jazz fingers" sort of way. Before she could start actually thinking about what a real birthday party would be like, June shook her head and looked over Caleb again.

"I'm sorry. For everything. For hurting your eyes, for never apologizing for anything, for getting us into fights as kids, for insulting you when I shouldn't have, for sticking around even after I saw I was making things worse, for getting you into trouble when I did something bad, for being jealous of your grades, for my siblings, and for the people who are rude to you for no reason. For your mom dumping you here and for being left with me. Unless you have any other friends you just haven't mentioned . . . For your stepdad, and for your stepbrother, and for my dad and yours. For forgetting you and for still being here now. For caring too much and for not caring enough. I'm . . . I'm sorry." June put her head in her hands, shocked at what she had just done. "And I'm sorry for being weak. I'm not supposed to be like that."

Okay, sorry for real. My first post got deleted when I just had to finish up the coding. It was a lot more complete and a lot longer. I'll make a better post next time! My mind's pretty much asleep, too. It's 3:18 Am here. xD
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:23 am

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

Once Caleb got over the fact that June had delivered a full speech of apology, he breathed an exasperated sigh and kept his gaze on the patches of grass in front of him. No matter how smug it made him feel when someone apologized to him, it felt different with this girl. The smug feeling was still there, but there was also the faint feeling of confusion. How was he to respond? He should be apologizing as well. After all, he had also been at fault for a fair few--scratch that, a lot--of times. However, there was his huge ego to consider...

"Apology accepted. And I'm sorry as well."

Ah well, screw his pride. But he wasn't going to get any further than that, even if June obviously poured all her heart out in that speech of hers. A single 'sorry' was enough for him, and it had better be enough for her. If it wasn't, then it wasn't going to be any of his concern, he thought.

Caleb straightened up, dusting off the dirt that got on his clothes. "You also owe me three birthday presents, so consider both of our debts canceled," he said, looking over at her. "Wild animals? Really? Are you planning to throw a party or open a zoo?"

He spotted his electric knife lying motionless on the ground, surrounded by the blackened and sizzling blades of grass. He picked it up and examined it for a few moments, running his fingers down the hilt, before seemingly coming to a decision. In a quick movement the weapon was sheathed, now hanging harmlessly from his belt. There was no need for it anymore.

"I should probably stick around, make sure you don't get in trouble," he said with that signature smirk of his. He ruffled his hair, messing it up so it was spiked at the front rather than falling all over his face. A curious thought wormed its way into his mind and he paused, looking first at the ground before meeting June's eyes. "Is this a secret? Or would you rather flaunt our... friendship to the whole camp? Something tells me your siblings won't like it. Mine probably wouldn't, if I had any."

((Whoa, I would've ragequit if it were me xD It's 4:18pm over here when you last posted. Opposite ends of the world, much? Haha.))
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 am

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 Tumblr_m5invzV5Tv1r0l7is

June rolled her eyes jokingly when Caleb shot down her idea of wild animals at a party. "No, I don't want to open June's Creepy Zoo. But I hear all of the good parties in Vegas have tigers and monkey and stuff." The girl bit her lip to keep from smiling as she looked over Caleb. She hadn't commented on his apology, and she regretted that, but perhaps it was best she didn't say anything. She didn't trust her currently very sensitive 'June-is-Caleb's-friend' side, as she was sure the boy would have referred to it.

June watched as Caleb put away his knife, hesitantly nodding. She was sure if she trusted herself that much. "Are you sure?" June whispered, pointing to Caleb's belt. "You're going to play that game of chance with me?" June narrowed her eyes skeptically, tapping her chin. "Pressure's on now . . ." The daughter of Ares shot Caleb a queasy expression. "I can . . . stay calm. I will," June said while nodding slowly.

Though she'd never admit it, Caleb's smirk brought forth a small smile from June. "It's a good thing you're here," June joked, using a very animated tone. "Otherwise, who knows what trouble I'd get into! I'm such a scamp." June chuckled before winking at Caleb. Winking wasn't unusual for June, but usually it was a devise she used to enflict fear into those who had it coming, mostly Thalia. It wasn't like that when she winked at Caleb. Then, she was actually kidding with him.

"Are you kidding? Flaunt a friendship? I'd get a lot of hate for that, though I'm sure they would be jealous of me. 'Cause, you know, everyone's lining up to be your friend." June glanced back a camp before returning her gaze to Caleb. "This?" June motioned between Caleb and herself. "If they knew I'm your friend, they make me sleep on the roof." June crossed her arms and let out a sigh. "As long as we stay friends." June was slightly take aback by that sentence. "Stay friends." June had herself a friend that wasn't a youthful little Hades boy.

"I can talk to them for you, if you'd want. Maybe even if you don't want. They have no right. When did it even start, anyway? The harassment?" June lltitled her head and sat silently, looking over Caleb until he answered.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:40 am

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

"Would you rather have a knife pointed at you while we have our conversation?" Caleb asked incredulously. His fingers lightly flicked the handle of his blade before he covered it with his shirt. "Didn't think so."

He got a little surprised at the wink and the smile from the seemingly harmless sociopath in front of him, just because it made her seem a little... peculiar. Did it perhaps mean something? Were those gestures reserved for her friends? "I doubt they'd let you sleep on the roof," he snorted. "They might be a little scared to do that, given your record. Or maybe they're really thick enough to go through with it. Can never know with your siblings. And how it started? Hm... I don't exactly remember. I guess it was something I said about the lot of them being dunces with brains the size of a walnut? Then you can figure out how it went from there. Harsh words exchanged, insults thrown around at every angle. And you know how they have their little anger issues."

A dry laugh. Stay friends, huh? Let's see how long it would last. After all, it didn't seem like their past lives weren't cut off by a happy ending. Caleb shook his head and glanced at her. "Don't talk to them. It won't make a difference. The hole is dug too deep--there's no way to reverse anything now. You'll only make it feel worse, probably."

Caleb sighed and absently kicked at the ground. It must be his ADHD kicking in now, trying to force him to do something, anything besides keeping still. Wait, did June have ADHD too? And dyslexia? He supposed every demigod had those two problems, but with her it was more. Besides them, she also had sociopathy, another mental disorder, to deal with. The thought made him strangely lonely for the girl. She must have had it rougher than most demigods in here.

"You have dyslexia? ADHD?" he asked suddenly, shooting June a curious glance.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 am

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 Tumblr_m4ec8lgRXT1rw6dyio2_r2_500

June stole a glance at Caleb, sighing softly. She didn't appreciate Caleb's chivalry, just she was willing to go along with it as long as it kept him happy. She really thought he deserved to be stuck up for. "If that's what you want," June replied, looking straight ahead. "You never know that," June added, adjusting herself so that she sat "criss-cross apple-sauce." "I'd like to think the roof is better than the Ares cabin, though. Am I wrong? June didn't want an answer. She had barely acknowledged everything Caleb said about her siblings, but she heard it loud and clear.

"I don't get it. Every time we open our mouths, we're bring judged and labeled. I hardly get out a few sentences and people are treating me like I'm diseased. Neither of us have any friends, right? Don't . . . Jump on me if I'm wrong, but you haven't mentioned anyone." June managed to keep her eyes down, but spun herself around until her body was facing the son of Momus. It actually made conversation easier. "Dangerous. Sick. Diseased. Rude, selfish, pityful, aggressive." The daughter of Ares spoke quickly, slurring her words. "That's just what comes to mind," June sneered, obviously quoting someone. She wasn't sure who, but she assumed it was her brother Alexander. She couldn't stand that boy, and she figured if anyone messed with Caleb it was probably him.

"I feel like we're the campers no one cares about a little too often. When you think about it though, we're the perfect warriors. We're both strong, cunning, quick to think and even quicker in a fight. And there's our talent with knives. I'd say you've got a shot of "Best Knives." I don't give nicknames for nothing." June paused to take a breath and locked eyes with Caleb, wanting to make sure she was communicating well enough. "No emotional ties to anyone."

June still stared into Caleb's eyes, trying to keep him from going back into his shell. "Welp, I suppose I can't speak for you. Wanna talk about what's happened with you since you got here? You don't have to, it's just . . ." June trailed off and broke eye contact, unsure of what to say. For a moment she wanted to leave. She was going to end up hurting Caleb. She could tell. That wasn't something she could live with, even if she had before. While June tried, she couldn't ever see Caleb's eyes through his glasses. She assumed it was that it was simply impossible, since he had a special pair for his vision, but she wasn't so sure anymore. Maybe she just wasn't looking hard enough.

That thought alone made her stay. She needed to figure out who Caleb was, and though she wasn't sure how hard he was to crack, she was determined she was going to do it. She was so caught up in her new plan that she almost missed Caleb's question. "Y--yes. Don't you? I convinced myself awhile ago that it wasn't just another June-Infection. Campers didn't need another reason not to hang around me. You understand . . Well, maybe you don't. You were the genius after all. Was that the thing keeping you out of trouble? Your brain. It seemed like you could think. I didn't have much control of my thoughts. Something was always running me, whether that was the medication or the ADHD, or the anger issues, or, more recently, the sociopathic infection in my head, but this thing," June tapped her temple, "never belongs to June."

June smiled an almost sinister smile at Caleb, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively before touching her temple again. "Maybe I should go. I'm sorry, I'm talking too much. They'll kill me." June shivered and forced herself to stand. Holding out a hand for Caleb to use when standing up, she sighed. "You could come to my cabin for a while? As my favor? Because I saved your life, and I'm still not sure how I'm going to get that paid off." June shook her head, deciding against forcing Caleb to walk into the danger zone. With people like Alexander in her cabin, June knew she couldn't let their least favorite person become an easy target.

"Forget about that. I'll go back. They'll be asking about where I went. It's easier for them to keep tabs on me than to always be wondering where I've run off to. I'll cover for you. Just don't let them see you and you're golden." June drew her hand back subtlety and turned to face where they had come. She didn't move though. She couldn't bring herself to really leave. It was time, she knew, to go, but she didn't want the questions, she preferred the simplicity of the moment. Nothing else mattered, and it wouldn't until one of them left. Why ever leave if that was your option?

June made note to take more of her pills. She was going crazy again. Still, even when she knew it was outrageous, the Ares girl turned back around and just stood, looking in odd places like Caleb's ankles, and just above the rim of his glasses. She didn't say anything, but she was perfectly willing to wait there forever.

[[I HATE EVERYONE GJSJGNSKF. MY COMPUTER REFRESHED ITSELF AGAIN. (well, my iPad) So I lost everything. lucky me, huh? I tried to include the important quotes I remembered from my last post, so that's why it makes no sense.]]

Last edited by Nico on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 am

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

Caleb listened in silence. Her words, even if he didn't have much to respond with, made him feel oddly at ease. Had this been what he was missing? Was this how it felt before, when he actually had a friend? Using June's hand to pull himself up, he quickly let go and dug his hands in his pockets. The physical contact wasn't something he was used to.

"No one cares, but people must still make an effort to remember us," he said softly, eyes fixating at a point in the distant trees. "Even the look of disgust on their faces say something. A sign that they know who we are. I'd rather be judged than forgotten, honestly."

He sighed as he looked up, trying to see the sky behind the thick canopy above them. "There's not much to tell. Not hard to guess, either. Fights here and there, and if there were no fights, there'd only be silence. To put it quite frankly, it's not a good story to tell. I guess that's nothing new. Almost nothing about me is good, according to a fair number of people." He laughed dryly. "Don't convince me otherwise. It's true." A sudden thought struck him, a face sliding in the vision of his mind's eye. "I suppose there was something else. A daughter of Zeus. But it's complicated. I don't know what to make of her, really. In fact, the situation is almost as similar to this, barring the fact that we have been--no, are friends." He paused, considering how he worded his statements. Implications would be easily made, but he quickly disregarded the thought of correcting himself to rid of them. What importance would it be to June, anyway?

"You said 'they'll' kill you. Mind if I ask who? I'd guess your siblings, but they don't exactly strike me as the type to murder their own relations. Brawny, yes, but they wouldn't go that far." Caleb sighed. He didn't know what to feel about June leaving, but it was a little unpleasant. "And I'm sorry to say that your cabin is one of my least favorite places in the world. You're not getting me in there even if you paid me."

Caleb turned to stare at her, not caring if it would come off as rude. He was used to being rude. His thoughts scrambled for anything, for an excuse to make her stay, but he ultimately decided against it. As to why he was even trying to think that way... his own line of thoughts bothered him slightly."If you really have to leave then... I guess I'll just see you around."

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 am

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 Tumblr_m4ec8lgRXT1rw6dyio2_r2_500

June sighed in relief, glad Caleb had asked questions and given her a real excuse to stay. "We're famous," June's joked, talking in an overly sweet and sing-songie. She did suppose Caleb was right, though. Others wouldn't bother to avoid a person if they didn't remember them. That thought gave June a little reassurance. She might be special to the camp after all. For infamous reasons, June was known, but was she liked? By Clabeb, yes. By her Apollo boy, and everyone else? No. Rolling her eyes the daughter of Ares reassured herself that it didn't matter how many people were against her, as long as she had someone to trust.

"They? I don't know, gods, monsters, the usual," June lied, looking relaxed and sure of herself, but that charade was broken easily as she had the sudden urge to tell the truth to her friend. "Okay, alright. Sometimes it seems as if the other campers have access to a June switch. When it's on, my heart is still beating, but if I slip up once, they can flip my life off. I know it's stupid, but I'm always being watched, unless I come here or leave camp, which I've yet to do. I'm afraid someone out there would remember me." June cracked her knuckles and looked at Caleb, trying to tell him that she was just paranoid. People had sent her death theeats in the past, but more action had been taken against the boy than June. Alexander and the others were all talk. It was stupid.

At the mention of a daughter of Zeus, June cringed. Zeus kids ran the camp and had some serious street credit. They caused drama, but were typically good at fixing it. Suffice to say, June usually stayed away from them they were too complicated for her taste. "So Caleb has a little girlie friend?" June teased, wiggling her eyebrows at Caleb and dropping all emotion suddenly. "Tell me more about her . . . tomorrow, okay?" June collected her self and turned to leave. Looking over her shoulder, June continued to talk. "I really have to go. You have no idea how many questions my siblings can ask when I'm gone for 5 minutes. We've been out here a lot longer than 5 minutes . . ."

As June began walking she smiled to herself and waved over her shoulder. "See you tomorrow, Caleb," she called, trying to force the smile to go away as she neared the entrance to camp. She really hoped only Caleb had heard that. Otherwise, she dsn't stand a chance of sleeping in her cabin that night.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 am

Caleb Austin Wright
Son of Momus

Caleb raised his eyebrows, amused at how June was afraid of nameless people who were out to get her. Had she done something bad enough to merit some kind of revenge? He guessed that it was a certain possibility, given her condition. However, he decided against asking about it. It was a story for another day, as the daughter of Ares had made it perfectly clear that she wanted to leave.

"She isn't a friend. More in the lines of acquaintance." He watched her leave and snorted. "What are they? Your mother? Does June have a little curfew?" Nevertheless he managed to raise his hand half-way but dropped it quickly. Was he just about to wave goodbye? But the gesture was lost, as the girl had already turned her back on him.

"See you," he spoke softly, knowing that June was already far enough not to hear anything he would say. Releasing a breath he didn't realize he was holding, Caleb followed a few minutes after, going in the opposite direction. That was the most normal conversation he has had for a long time. A slight trace of a cocky grin played on the corner of his lips as he walked off. He still didn't know what it meant, all of that, but he was sure of one thing.

Whatever it was, this was a start.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]   They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Don't See What I See [Private to Rune]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: