Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:58 am

Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] 427525_280121275387246_240856392647068_756061_878773261_n_large
Caleb Wright
Son of Momus

Ah, the sweet smell of paper. The soothing sound of someone taking notes from beside him. Caleb missed this so much. It took him quite a hard time convincing his mom that he wanted--no, he needed to go back to school. At last, his request was granted and now he was sitting in a classroom full of other teenagers his age. And Caleb was sure that he was the smartest of them all. In fact, he didn't really need to listen to the math teacher explain algebra in front of him. He knew the methods by heart.

Oh he was such a nerd.

He just waited for the test he had to ace after the lesson. So instead of paying attention, Caleb let his mind wander for a few moments. A smirk crawled into his lips when he remembered Taylor. After learning that the girl was expelled from school, Caleb couldn't help but dare her to come back. Knowing her, he knew that she wasn't going to back down from his challenge. And he was right. It had been easy getting both him and Taylor into school, thanks to the Mist. Now all he had to do was show his classmates who was boss and Taylor had to grit her teeth and bear being back in school for a week. Still smirking, Caleb leaned back on his chair and waited for the test he wanted to take.

Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] Taylorcopy
Taylor Brooks
Daughter of Khione

Gods, why did I even agree to this?

Taylor was fuming as she walked out of her classroom. Okay, so she just basically knew nothing compared to other kids her grade. What, she was out of school for years! That should explain her less-than-average intellectual abilities for her age. But of course, she couldn't say that to the horse-faced teacher who just told her to go to the principal's office. She gritted her teeth at the thought. Well, she just basically threw a chalk at the teacher when he humiliated her in front of her supposed classmates.

But Taylor had no wish to go to the principal's office. What did she care about an old coot anyway?

So the daughter of Khione just settled on walking around the hallways of the campus. She was back to her old stand-by, cutting classes. As she strolled around, she still couldn't believe that she was back in school. She thought she already left this wretched place for good. This wasn't the private school Taylor went to years ago (as if that old exclusive school would take her back after what she'd done), but still, Taylor hated it. And she hated Caleb too, for putting her through this.

Grumbling incoherent words under her breath, she continued to roam around, looking for something to do.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:36 am

Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] 7FiBj

Cookie was sitting in class, in a normal school, instead of in camp, where the excitement was. She had to return there for two terms a year. What a bore. I can't believe I have to learn all these algebra when I'm awake. I might as well listen to some lessons online while sleeping. I remember everything just as fine either way. I'd much rather be in camp practicing with my throwing knives, she thought grumpily. The bell went and she groaned, reminded yet again. Oh simply wonderful, its still double maths.

Her sleepy attitude was causing the entire class to get drowsy, much to the frustration of the teacher teaching them, who was even more annoyed at finding that she herself was almost nodding off to sleep. Cookie could control that, but she didn't. She would most rather the entire class go to sleep, and she could just walk out of there. But that had happened at least once in every class she attended, and the principal was bound to get suspicious.

And there's this odd teacher as well, she remembered. Mr Teal taught the younger students, who were incidentally the newest, having only entered the school every year. He seemed rather watchful of each new batch, and was the head of some department which Cookie thought of as the Department of Suspicious Acts. If any weird trouble happened in any class, it would promptly be handed over to him. And he would put that class under his watchful gaze for a week or two. He had taken her class at least 8 times, due to her of course. But she looked so innocent that the Mr Teal immediately discounted her as any troublemaker. However, she was still wary of him, and avoided him at all costs.

She then felt that it would be futile to continue in this class any longer. She'd probably jump up and start a stationery war if it went on. She stood from her seat and pretended to double up, covering her mouth and staggering towards the teacher. "I... feel sick... I think I'm going to-" Cookie did not even have to finish her sentence when her teacher turned her towards the door and said quickly," You may go!"

Cookie ran out of the door, straightening after she past her classroom. Now, freedom, she thought smugly. Then she proceeded to the hall where the lockers were, but saw another girl there as well. That's strange, nobody is supposed to be out of class at this time. It certainly could not be any break for any level, since lunch break was only an hour away. Unless the girl was like her, playing truant. Or as Cookie preferred to call: Taking a deserved self-break from class.

Last edited by Andalite~♏ on Thu May 03, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:49 am

Taylor looked up as she saw another person coming, ready to hide if it was a teacher or whatever. She was going to hide not because she was scared of getting reprimanded for being out of class, but because in her escalating rage, she feared that her powers might go out of control and harm an innocent mortal. Once she saw the person to be a student like herself, Taylor relaxed her stance and leaned back against one of the lockers. She had her arms crossed together, her foot tapping the floor in an even rhythm.

Taylor's eyes rested on the girl as her's footsteps gradually became louder. It was only when she got a clear look at the thirteen-year-old girl's face that she did a double take. The kid was familiar. Taylor had the sneaking suspicion that she was from camp. Though her instincts were right most of the time, she decided not to voice out her thoughts. It would be so awkward if she turned out to be mistaken.

Offering a small smile, Taylor raised her right hand in a salute-like wave. "You cut?"
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:58 am

When the girl turned to face her, Cookie looked at her with surprise. She knew everybody in the school simply by flipping through the namelist which held their pictures as well. She was absolutely positive the girl did not attend this school. Unless she was new. Or.. something else. And she did look familiar, if only a little.

But still Cookie smiled and replied, "As usual. You seem like you do it pretty often too. But I've never seen you around here before, you new?" She was curious about the girl.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:11 am

It looked to Taylor like the Mist hadn't fooled everyone. It was quite weird at first when she realized that her classmates greeted her like she had been in their class since forever, even if she had just only set foot in this school today. The sensation was odd at first, when everyone didn't seem to pay her too much attention when she strolled around in the school like she owned the place. She was getting used to the feeling too. She had even stopped worrying about what to say if someone asked her why they hadn't seen her before.

"No, not really," Taylor replied smoothly. "You just probably haven't seen me around before." Because everyone else seems to act like they do, she added in her thoughts. "I've done worse than cutting class, so it's really nothing new."

Taylor's lips curled up in a half-smirk, wondering what the girl would make of that statement. It was true, in a sense--killing monsters and messing with gangs were much bigger than cutting.

Last edited by Rune Dragon on Thu May 03, 2012 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:18 am

Cookie let out a laugh, "Yeah, probably, I'm quite unobservant sometimes," letting a ghost of a smile seep through. No, I'm positively sure I have never seen you before in school, she thought tenaciously.

"So what class are you in?" She asked, hoping to satisfy her curiosity in more than one area.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:47 am

Taylor rubbed the back of her head, getting slightly nervous. There was something about the girl that screamed 'danger,' that she didn't seem to believe her words. "Chem," Taylor said in reply as she looked warily at the girl. "At least it's not math."

Taylor scowled at the thought. "Gods, I hate school," she muttered under her breath, but she wasn't sure if the girl heard her. A curse in ancient Greek soon followed but she didn't really care much if she heard, since it would just sound like a bunch of gibberish to a mortal like her.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:17 am

"Maths isn't all that bad.. Unless your teacher is going slower than a snail. And I prefer Physics to Chem." Cookie replied cheerfully. "You remember that crazy chemistry teacher don't you? He taught the whole of your level last month. And set fire to the labs. I wish I had been in that class, it would've been so interesting."

Cookie knew there was something different about the girl, and her suspicions were soon confirmed by the near incoherent words she cursed. Greek. She didn't freeze or show any surprise, for Cookie was well versed in the art of acting. She did have to act or talk her way out of some rather tight spots before. Especially with that teacher, Mr Teal.

Being Cookie, she decided to keep up the pretense a little longer. At least this would be more entertaining than listening to that hag... uh, math teacher drivel on, she thought, hiding a grin.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:29 am

"Oh yeah. That was a blast. Gonna be hard to get that memory out of my mind," Taylor said, playing along. Of course, she knew nothing of the sort, but she would sound like an idiot if she admitted that. Setting fire to the labs, really? She started to question the sanity of the teachers in this school.

"I prefer none of them, to be honest," Taylor said with a dry laugh. "If I had my way, I'd be out of here quick." Her thoughts drifted to Caleb and she gave an involuntary scowl. Damn that boy to the deepest pits of Tartarus. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. "What's your name, by the way? I'm Taylor."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:44 am

At the girl's first words, Cookie let out a wolf-like smile, which held no warmth. "Oh really... Graeca?" She said in a quiet but deadly tone, "I'm sure you didn't belong here in the first place." Cookie reached into her pocket for her weapons she always kept around with her. Mainly, her darts. But she did not take it out. She wanted to know the reason Taylor was here. Her school had no demigods other than herself, she had been sure to check that thoroughly every year.

"By the way... There was no fire. If there was, you wouldn't be having chemistry. They keep all the notes, records and equipment in the labs. It is equipped with almost everything to prevent a spread of gases or fumes. A newbie would be briefed that."

Last edited by Andalite~♏ on Thu May 03, 2012 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:56 am

Crap, I'm an idiot.

Graeca. Taylor didn't know what it meant, but it sounded close to Greek. She was right about the girl after all. The girl was from camp, which meant that she was trained in combat. That didn't really worry Taylor too much, since she was a fighter too. But still... she'd rather not get in a fight right now. But before she could say anything else, her eyes caught the motion of the girl's hand moving towards her pocket. And Taylor was prepared to bet anything that the girl carried weapons there.

"Look, I'm not here for a fight," she said calmly as she clasped her hands together. The position made her ready to get her ring-slash-sword out if it was needed. "I'm here because of some stupid dare a stupid kid made me do." Damn you, Caleb. If I die here, I'm going to haunt you every day for the rest of your life.

She eyed the girl warily, wondering how she would respond. Out of the corner of her eye, Taylor spotted a water fountain just a few feet away. If this would turn into a fight, at least she knew where to get some ice if she needed it.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:11 am

Cookie knew that her one of her darts contained enough of tranquillizer to be able to knock her out completely. But then she would have to explain why there was a girl lying unconscious in the middle of the locker hall.

"I see." She looked unconvinced, "And who would that be? In fact, how many of you are there?" Cookie could not be sure if Taylor was from campus, or an outsider working with the enemy. Whoever that was. Trouble did seem to come from unspecified sources the last time she was at camp, and her friend did keep her updated. Attacks were increasing, and nobody could find the leader or mastermind.

It was getting pretty frustrating for Cookie, since she had been stuck in school doing useless algebra, when the camp was under multiple attacks. Demigods did not have much need for maths. Unless you had to count how many hours you have left before you die. Which for a demigod, is perfectly normal for the numbers to be below a thousand.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:21 am

"Just two," Taylor said sheepishly, looking at the girl with half-bored eyes. She judged her to be about thirteen. Taylor was around three years older. She was almost certain that nothing bad could happen. Almost. There, her overconfidence was getting the better of her again.

From the way the girl spoke, Taylor could see that she might be debating on whether to kill her or not. For all the girl knew, she could be some spy from the Kronos' army. She knew that she looked like a threat to the girl, when she really wasn't. "You're from camp... obviously. Haven't you seen me around somewhere?" she said offhandedly, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. She spent most of her time outside the Khione cabin, and almost everyone at least knew her by face.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:25 am

"Perhaps I have. You do look familiar, " Cookie admitted, "But I am usually in school," She scowled, " Or off practicing in the Arena. So I don't really socialize around much with other cabins. And its pretty hard to keep track. With all the new recruits, and others dying." She said matter-of-factly. "Whose the other one?"

She observed the girl casually while talking. She seems to have a liking for the fountain, Cookie thought bemusedly. Taylor did not seem the least intimidated by her, which was not surprising. Not many would think much of a 13 year old girl who looked as innocent as a doll. But a doll was far from what Cookie was, even if she may look like it. Appearances may be misleading, especially for Cookie.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:38 am

Taylor gave the girl one hard look. She didn't look nor sound convinced. She even looked like she was going to take out a sword at any moment now. If she as so much pulls out a weapon, Taylor was going to be ready for it. In fact, she was already half-focusing on the fountain, slowly freezing the water that flowed inside it. She kept her face calm and free of any hints of stress, so it was impossible for the girl to know that she was doing some of her demigod magic at the moment.

"Caleb. He's the boy everyone hates," Taylor said with a dry laugh. What, it was true, wasn't it? She hardly ever overheard people talking nicely about the boy. Mostly they were backstabbing him. "You know both our names now. Maybe it'd be nice if you would give yours?"
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:54 am

Caleb? Cookie nearly burst out laughing. "You've gotta be kidding me. What's he doing in a school?" Cookie was taken by surprise. It was the most interesting thing she'd heard that day. "I don't believe his ego could take being suppressed in a classroom listening to a teacher telling him what to do."

She had heard about him loads of times from her friends, and had observed him around from a distance. But she had never spoken directly to him before, so she felt that she was in no position to judge. "I'm Cookie. You're from Cabin 16 aren't you? I can hear the fountain's water crackling from here. I do not think our school fountain has a freezer installed." Cookie smiled, all traces of aggressiveness gone. She knew that Taylor was from camp, and she couldn't be all that bad. One of her close friends was a daughter of Khione too.

She had heard the faint cracking of ice when it expanded while freezing. The fountain's splash had also changed its sound, before ceasing abruptly.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:05 am

Taylor let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding before heaving a sigh of relief. It looked like Cookie was finally convinced. Thank the gods. Her freezing the water was slightly draining on her part, but it didn't totally knock her out. She was rather okay, actually, putting aside the fact that her breathing was slightly uneven now.

"The brat loves showing off," she explained, rolling her eyes at the thought of Caleb. "Probably wants to make all his classmates feel dumb."

Taylor nodded, smirking slightly as she did. She was a proud daughter of Khione, judging from the way her lips twitched up in a smirk every time people made the connection. "Yeah. I thought you wouldn't notice. And you're the daughter of...? I'm not too good with remembering whose kid is who."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:28 am

"Yeah I know. Its pretty obvious. Him swaggering around and all that. Where's he anyway?" She asked curiously, "And what are you doing here? I don't think you attend school.

Hearing her question, Cookie shrugged, "Not important," then grinned, "But you may be able to figure out sooner or later anyway."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:46 am

"I told you, he dared me," Taylor said with a twinge of annoyance at the thought. "Got expelled a long time ago from some exclusive private school. Never thought I'd be back in school... ever."

"You know, you really suck if you're already out of your class at this time. You barely lasted... what, two hours?"

The voice made Taylor's blood boil and she spun around, seeing Caleb strut towards them. He paused right in front of the fountain, feeling colder as he drew closer to it. Letting out a mocking laugh, he turned back to Taylor. "Seriously? You even tried to do this?" He kicked the fountain. There was the sound of something cracking--probably the ice.

"Speak of the devil... What are you even doing out of class, four-eyes?" she said coldly, glaring daggers at him.

Caleb gave a smug smirk. "Just aced an algebra exam. You know algebra? Some branch of math? Yeah, I got a perfect score."

Taylor could feel her pulse throb. This guy seriously had issues. "Find someone who cares, will you?"

It was only then that Caleb realized that Taylor was talking to someone. He squinted through his glasses. "Do I know you from somewhere?" he asked in a rather challenging tone, studying Cookie with his hazel eyes.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:05 am

"Do you?" Cookie mused, "I suppose you do, don't you? But you probably don't notice anyone but yourself, am I wrong?" Her tone was not unfriendly, just amused. "I don't, not really, so do you, Caleb?" She smiled, leaning back against a locker, looking at him innocently.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:27 am

And that was when Taylor decided that she liked Cookie. She fought back a laugh when Caleb's smirk turned into a scowl. Ha, in your face, sucker! she thought gleefully.

"Yeah yeah, sorry, I'm not used to talking to little kids," he said, ruffling the front of his brown hair to make it more spiky. He didn't know why but this girl was annoying him like hell. Just the sound of her voice seemed so... annoying. There really was no other word for it.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:34 am

"Of course you aren't. You don't talk to yourself often, do you?" Cookie grinned, extending a hand. "I'm Cookie, but I'm sure you probably won't shake. That's alright with me."

She did not take offense, for it was really not in her character to. She observed the two demigods in front of her. Taylor seems really nice. And Caleb could be a pretty interesting friend to have, she thought.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:44 am

"Why would I talk to myself? I'm not sure if you've noticed, but talking to yourself is a really idiotic thing to do," he deadpanned. He glanced at Taylor, who was already covering her mouth with her hand to muffle her laughter. Yeah, right. No wonder Cookie's annoying. She was friends with Taylor, who was also annoying. Birds of the same feather flock together.

Caleb brushed Cookie's hand away. "I've more important things to do than hang out with you idiots." And with that, he stalked away, not even bothering to introduce himself. What? She was just some student here. She probably won't ever see him again once he was done with this school. But Caleb couldn't help but feel that he was missing something here...

No matter, he thought to himself, before heading over to the lunchroom.

Once he was out of sight, Taylor beamed at Cookie. "You are officially one of the most awesome people I've ever met," she blurted out. "High five!"
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:53 am

"See you at camp, Caleb!" She called out to his retreating back, trying to stop a grin from spreading at the look on Taylor's face. Cookie turned back to Taylor and could not hold it in any longer, bursting into peals of laughter. "I'm meeting a friend later, wanna have lunch first?" She offered.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:17 am

Taylor wondered if Caleb heard Cookie call out to him. Oh whatever. The boy can go rot in the pits of Tartarus for all she cared. "Food? Yeah sure, count me in," she said cheerfully, her lips widening into an ear-to-ear grin. "That look on his face was priceless. We should go annoy him more often."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]   Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in a mortal school? Oh joy. [Private]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next