Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Ohai, it's you [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Ohai, it's you [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:36 am

Ohai, it's you [Private] Tumblr_lx20n6Lpar1qlrrjqo1_500_large
Simon Montri
Son of Hecate

Simon was bored. Really really bored. Sighing to himself, he settled on submerging the lower half of his legs in the cool waters. Seated by the creek's edge, the son of Hecate levitated a few of the pebbles around his hands as if he was juggling them. It wasn't much, but at least it gave him something to do.

He ran a hand through his hair as he sighed again. What should he do now?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:50 am

Ohai, it's you [Private] Tumblr_lm6lzh0gpd1qdp053o1_500
[anneliese, fourteen, daughter of aphrodite]

▲△▲

Anneliese hadn't planned on going to the lake . . . until she saw a familiar figure playing with some pebbles.

She met Simon Montri when she visited the mortal world. When she thought she finally befriended a normal person to escape the craze of the god world, he turned out to be a part of it too.

When he had implied that he knew about her kind, she theorized that he was either a mortal working for a monster or a half-blood. Her suspicions were confirmed when she saw her friend in Euros Creek.

She tried to be as quiet as possible as she approached him from behind. Covering his eyes with her hands, she whispered in his ear, "Funny running into you here."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Simon nearly jumped when he felt soft hands cover his eyes. His lips widened into a grin as he heard the girl whisper to his ear.

"Well hello to you too," Simon gently pulled her hands away from his face, "Anneliese."

Now he was busted. That much was obvious. He didn't tell her back then that he was also a demigod. It was more fun that way. Simon chuckled, wondering what Anneliese made of his cellphone comment before he left at that time. "Thought it was only a matter of time."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 pm

▲△▲

Anneliese pulled her hands away from his grasp. Cocking an eyebrow at Simon, she frowned. She wondered why he didn't tell her that he was a half-blood when he knew that she was one.

"I'm guessing it was pretty easy for you to figure out I was a demigod," she stated, crossing her arms. "Although I'm wondering why you didn't tell me, I'm gonna let that slide for now."

She flipped her hair over her shoulder. Today it wasn't in its usual braid. She had decided to let in down in its natural waves, but she was starting to regret the decision because now it kept getting in her face.

"So, who's kid are you?" Anneliese was curious. It looked like he was just throwing some pebbles up in the air earlier but as she got closer, she noticed it was levitating. So, Simon had some powers that could make rocks float on thin air. And what could she do? Boring Aphrodite stuff.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Simon laughed. "Word of advice, Beautiful. Wearing something that has ancient Greek and the camp symbol tends to be a giveaway."

Simon didn't miss how Anneliese's eyes lingered in the rocks he was busy levitating. Grinning widely, Simon snapped his fingers and the rocks fell to the water with small splashes. Still grinning, he threw another pebble upwards where it suddenly vanished in mid-air.

"Guess."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 pm

▲△▲

Anneliese blew a strand of hair that got in the way of her face. She should've thought of that. She thought that mortals wouldn't be able to understand the Ancient Greek, and she certainly wasn't expecting to run into a demigod.

She felt her heart leap when Simon called her beautiful. Yeah, she was born with it. But having a guy like him call her that? It was a totally foreign thing to her. At least something good came out of being Aphrodite's kid.

Then she thought about who Simon's god parent could be. Which god had the power to make things levitate and disappear?

"Demeter," she answered sarcastically. "Kidding. It's Hecate, right? Can you guess who mine is?"

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Smiling, Simon stood up in front of Anneliese. He tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Why, Mademoiselle, who else but the goddess of beauty herself--Aphrodite?" Simon teased her, smiling his famous crooked grin. He couldn't help but let this side of him show. Sure, he had broken some girls' hearts with it, but he couldn't really help himself, could he?

Simon waited for Anneliese's confirmation. Aphrodite was his best guess after all. It was either that or Athena, maybe, seeing that Simon found her reading a book when he first saw her.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:45 pm

▲△▲

"Unfortunately," Anneliese muttered, hoping that her mom didn't hear the comment. All the other kids got cool powers from their parents, like Simon with Hecate. But what did she have? Beauty and some weird love stuff. She could tell if two people were soul mates if they were in the same room, but it didn't work for her. Sometimes, it seemed like Aphrodite liked seeing her daughter squirm as she went paranoid about who her soul mate was.

She was too busy worrying about her family matters that she almost didn't feel a thing as Simon touched her. Of course she felt little butterflies in her stomach, but it almost seemed like he was too good at it. It was like he had practice at making girls' knees feel like jello.

Two can play at that game, she thought. She smiled at Simon, hoping that the Aphrodite genes would be evident in her grin. If he could make her feel butterflies inside, she could do the same to him, right? After all, her mom was the expert at it.

Last edited by paradigma on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Anneliese really was an Aphrodite kid. Simon could tell from her smile. It probably made a lot of boys fall over or something. Simon wasn't exempted from that, but he did stop himself from freaking out altogether. Anneliese just knew how to play the game. Most of the Aphrodite kids did.

Simon withdrew his hand, but the grin on his face didn't fade. "Why don't you like your mom?" he said softly, just curious about it. From what he had heard Anneliese say, it seemed to him like she wasn't pleased for having the goddess of love as her mother.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 pm

▲△▲

"Because she didn't give me the power to make things levitate," Anneliese joked.

She thought about her powers as an Aphrodite kid. Would she tell Simon if his soul mate was in the room? Probably not, but she knew her mom would be disappointed in her. Since it was her job as the goddess of love to make sure everyone ended up with their soul mate and Anneliese was like her apprentice. She'll have no choice but to see Simon with the girl he's meant to be with, even though Anneliese really liked him.

"She gave me such crappy powers," she told him, sitting down on the ground with her legs crossed Indian style.

"I can tell two soul mates if they're in the same room, but not my own, and I'm fluent in French since it's the 'language of love'. How pathetic," she said in a mocking tone.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Simon chuckled softly. So Anneliese can tell if you were really meant to end up with some person if you were in a room together? Interesting. Simon placed a hand under his chin in deep thought.

"I have half a mind to take you with me to all of the cabins around here," Simon said teasingly, half-grinning. "So you can tell me who my future wife's godly parent will be, if ever."

Okay, Simon wasn't really planning to do that. That would ruin the surprise. He took a seat beside Anneliese, casually levitating a few rocks as he did.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:49 pm

▲△▲

As Simon sat down next to her, Anneliese pick up some pebbles and threw some at him playfully. She knew he was joking, of course. But she decided to play along. "Right. Even if you would do that, I still wouldn't tell you who he or she was." she didn't like thinking that Simon's soul mate could be a guy, but there was a slight chance that it could be. But she pushed that thought aside.

"Show off," she muttered playfully as he made some more pebbles hover above the ground. "Can you make yourself levitate?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:02 am

Simon pouted, showing off his adorable puppy-dog eyes at Anneliese. "Aww, why not?" he asked.

Simon leaned back on his seat. "Nah, I can't. I need to somewhat visualize that I'm... lifting the object with my own hands," Simon said, making a gesture with his hands. "Kinda why I can't move objects that I can't lift myself."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:15 am

▲△▲

Anneliese almost found herself staring at Simon as he looked at her with his brown eyes. She blinked. Keep your cool.

"Because I don't work for clients like you." she stuck her tongue out. Anneliese found it surprisingly easy to goof around with Simon. It was probably because he was so laidback. They could tease each other about anything and not be angered by any of the jokes.

Anneliese touched the pebbles, rolling some in between her fingers. "Does the weight of the object affect your ability to make it levitate?"

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:44 am

Simon grinned, sticking his tongue out at her as well. Despite his age, Simon can really act like a kid sometimes. It was just part of his nature. "What kind of clients do you work for, then?"

Simon watched Anneliese roll a few pebbles around her fingers. Within a moment one of the pebbles flew upwards before landing on Simon's open palm. He flicked the rock towards the water, watching it sink into its depths before turning back Anneliese. "Yep. The heavier the object, the harder it is to move."

To demonstrate his point, Simon pointed to one of the huge boulders by the creek. "That rock over there... it's probably too heavy for me to move."

Simon's face screwed up in concentration as he made a pushing motion with his hands. The rock seemed to shudder slightly, but it remained in its position. Panting, Simon turned back to Anneliese. "See?"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:18 am

▲△▲

Anneliese ignored Simon's question, biting her lip. She didn't want to tell him once she sets someone up with his or her soulmate, they'll forget about her. Oh, the power of love was cruel.

When he threw yet another pebble to the water, she commented, "If camp has a shortage on pebbles I'm blaming you."

Anneliese couldn't help but giggle at his scrunched up face as he demonstrated his powers. "Y-Your face!" she rolled on the ground as she laughed.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:44 am

Simon chortled as he threw another pebble to the creek. He shot Anneliese a mischievous look. "Sure sure. Then you can bring it up with Chiron or whoever. Simon Montri, the pebble vanisher."

Vanisher... was that even a word? Simon raised his eyebrows as Anneliese began laughing at his face. What, she found that funny then? Laughing, Simon began to make funny faces at her, stretching his cheeks and comically wiggling his eyebrows. Yep, this seventeen-year-old was a kid at heart. Except when it comes to flirting with pretty chicks.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:07 am

▲△▲

"Simon!" Anneliese exclaimed, still cracking up

"You're really weird, you know that?" she sat up, still in a fit of giggles.

But when she looked at him, her laughter ended. If she got the chance to pair up Simon with his soul mate, she'd really miss hanging out with him even though they just met. Maybe, his soul mate could wait?

No, a small voice in his head said. It's also your job to make sure people find who they're meant to be with.

"Simon, do you really want me to tell you who your soul mate was if he or she was in the same room as us?" Anneliese asked softly.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:29 am

Simon made a little bow. "Thank you, Mademoiselle. There is apparently no limit to my weirdness though," he said, winking at her. He sat beside her once again, leaning forward to the water with his arms resting on his knees. At Anneliese's question, he turned to her with a grin on his face.

"Nah, I was just kidding about that," Simon said, waving her off. "I like the element of surprise, if you will."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:43 am

▲△▲

Anneliese returned the smile. She felt more relaxed with his answer. She wasn't so ready to let go of him yet.

Standing up, she dusted off the dirt from her bare legs. "It was nice seeing you again, Simon. Call me if ever you wanna hang-out in the mortal world."

With one last wave, Anneliese spun on her heel and started walking back to Cabin 10.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohai, it's you [Private]   Ohai, it's you [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ohai, it's you [Private]
Page 1 of 1