Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A random meeting [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

A random meeting [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 am

A random meeting [p r i v a t e] Emily
A random meeting [p r i v a t e] Emily-1

A gentle breeze blew through the strawberry fields. This scent that was both awakening and enticing was wafted towards one of the beaten paths that lead to the forest. On the edge of this path, Emily Morgan sat under a leafless tree. Her long, curly brown hair was down, as usual, and she was clad in a pale cream sweater rolled up to her elbows and a pair of cream, light pink and peach patterned skinny jeans. It was a simple outfit, but it kept her warm this depressing winter. Despite the season, the strawberries, whose scent Emily was now inhaling into her nostrils, were still ripe and juicy. Thanks to the ability of the Demeter cabin and other minor agricultural gods and goddesses, the fields stayed fresh almost all year round. And with a bored mind and an empty schedule, Emily grabbed her iPod and head phones and followed her nose until she could see the fields in the horizon.
Deciding she was close enough to easily smell the red fruit but far enough away that she wouldn't disturb anyone, Emily plopped down on the ground. Although it was dirt and it was probably getting her pants dusty, Emily didn't care. At camp, you get dirty, that's just the way things worked. Now content with her location, the daughter of Hormes laid back and let out a content sigh. She folded her arms behind her head and shut her eyes. With music now gently playing in her eyes, Emily found herself being calmed by the scent of strawberries in combination with her music. Soon she was drifting on and off between awake and asleep, deciding that dozing would be a good alternative.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:23 pm

A random meeting [p r i v a t e] Tumblr_lxkh8bRQpC1qgxqjk

Ethan Tyler Ellis

Even though it was the middle of the winter, the strawberries were in full bloom. Ethan could not figure out why the strawberries were blooming in the middle of February. He'd asked around and people had just ignored him. They probably figured out that he was just weird and playing a prank on them or something.

Ethan's gaze was drifting around the Strawberry Fields to look at all the big, juicy strawberries. He had personally never cared for the smell of strawberries, but at Camp they smelled amazing. A long, blue leash on his arm was connected to his small Dachshund, Dieter, and the little dog was racing around the strawberry bushes all hyper as hell. Ethan found this to be extremely hilarious as the dog attempted to bite a strawberry.

"You crazy dog," Ethan chuckled to him, scratching at his bare arm. Because he never found the winter to be cold, Ethan didn't wear jackets. He wore a simple v-neck gray t-shirt and pair of jeans. This was his standard outfit.

As the little dog pulled him along the rows of strawberries, Ethan took in his surroundings. For the three weeks he'd been at camp so far, he'd noticed that most of the demigods spent their times out doors and that most of them were fairly tanned. This made Ethan feel right at home with the others. He'd spent most of his time outside back at home being an avid lacrosse player.

Last edited by Madge. on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Emily's music time was interrupted by a barking. She sat up and removed her ear buds from her ears. They were cheap little earbuds, just the kind that came with the iPod, but they worked well enough for her. Emily sat up and scanned the area, looking for the source of the barking. She then saw a boy, dressed quite coldly considering it's winter, that looked around her age. She saw he had a blue leash in his hand, but didn't see a dog at first. Then, though some holes in the laves, she spotted a small dachshund. She smiled and crossed her legs. She remained sitting in the dirt path, not bothering to move for a few of her fellow campers that walked by and complained about her sitting in the road. Emily simply flashed them a smile and they continued on, rolling their eyes and mumbling about her.
"Hey, cute dog," she called, gently rocking back and forth in her seat on the ground.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Ethan Tyler Ellis

Hearing a feminine voice, Ethan turned to the sound of it. Dieter's ears perked up and he went running. Dieter didn't stop because of the leash, he just kept going and the leash was ripped from Ethan's hand. Ethan's jaw dropped. That little dog was getting worse and worse everyday. Honestly. "Dieter," Ethan called, jogging over to attempt to catch his dog. But, no. Instead he was tripped by a moving strawberry vine and landed on his chest in the middle of a dirt walkway, in front of a girl. Next to the girl was a nuzzling Dieter who appeared to have a minor crush on the girl.

"Oh, uh, that's my dog."

Last edited by Madge. on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Emily smiled and scratched behind the dog's ear. "What a cute wittle puppy!" she cooed, rubbing his short fur before she turned to the boy. He was flat on his stomach, and she couldn't help but laugh. "Careful with those vines, they can have a mind of their own," she pointed out. Emily scooped up the dachshund in her arms, gave him one last pet, before she stretched out her arms with the dog in hand. "Here's your dog back, who also seems to have a mind of his own," she said with a small grin. Emily sat up and offered a friendly smile. "The name's Emily, Daughter of Hormes," she introduced.

ooc: Short post. xP Sorry.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Ethan Tyler Ellis

She was striking, Ethan realized. Very pretty. She handed Dieter back and gave him a friendly smile, a light blush spread across Ethan's cheeks. "Ethan. I don't know who my god parent is. I'm thinking it's that ice goddess lady, but I don't know yet. I've only been here for three weeks..." Ethan trailed realizing that was the longest amount of dialogue he'd had with anyone here at camp. Other than Dieter. "Oh, and uh, this is Dieter," Ethan said, his large hands stroking the small dog's back.

Ethan, having strangely big hands, could almost wrap his hand around Dieter's mid-section. But, he didn't do that because Dieter never liked that.

Last edited by Madge. on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Emily examined the boy, who she now knew as Ethan, for a moment before she decided to change her sitting position. She let her legs uncurl and spread out in front of her. She leaned back on the heels of her hands and looked up at the sky a moment before she spoke. "Khione huh? That would make sense, considering that you're dressed like it's summer. You should talk to the Khione Cabin Leader. They usually can tell if you're one of their campers. Especially with Khione. If you don't freeze to death in that cabin, then you're one of her kids," she said with a small snort of laughter. Emily set up a bit more and drummed absentmindedly on her thighs. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you Ethan, and nice to met you Dieter," she said. Clearing her throat, Emily continued. "So what brings you out here on this dreary, snow-less, winter day?" she asked, arching an eyebrow. Her teal eyes sparkled with mild curiosity as she waited for his response.

In case you're wondering, since it's not shown in the picture, this is about Emily's eye color:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Ethan Tyler Ellis

Thinking about Emily's suggestion Ethan nodded. That was better than any idea he'd come up with. Bringing a hand up to the back of his neck to scratch, he realized he was still on the ground. He decided to sit like her, criss-cross Apple sauce. He'd always loved that phrase. Realizing he'd been asked a question, Ethan stuttered for a moment, "Oh, um, you know.. Dieter wanted to go for a walk and he hasn't explored the Strawberry Fields yet," Ethan chuckled as Dieter nuzzled his little dog head into the crook of Ethan's arm. The little dog had managed to turn himself around and upside down like a big, furry baby in Ethan's arms.

Last edited by Madge. on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Emily nodded her head and smiled when she saw Dieter with his belly up and resting like an infant in Ethan's arm. "You two seem pretty close. Do you have an empathy link with him? Or is he just a normal dog?" she asked. Although Emily had no pets, she did have a wolf that appeared near her quite often. She's even spotted it in the woods in camp. Though she's never attempted to go up the animal, she considers the golden male a pet of sorts. Despite not having a furry companion, Emily had always wanted one. But it sure would be cool to have a pet that you shared an empathy link with... Then you could talk to that animal like a friend. You'd never be lonely. It sounded nice, but not so nice at the same time. Despite wanting to always have someone there, Emily wasn't the sort of person that literally always wanted someone there. Although she liked people and socializing, Emily liked her time and her space to be alone and let out her thoughts and emotions.
Snapping out of her concentration, Emily turned to Etan and smiled. "I've always wanted a dog..." she mused.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 pm

A random meeting [p r i v a t e] Tumblr_m015ipSavW1qbkillo1_500
| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

We all carry these things
Inside that no one else can see

Travis sat around 30 feet away from a conversing boy and girl. And a dog. Travis occasionally looked up from his book to study them. The girl had golden brown hair and the boy had around the same colour as his. He decided whether or not to join the conversation. He'd love to, trying to make friends. He's been at camp for around six years but still hasn't made any close alliances. But he also thought it would be rude to join, because, well, it's just plain rude.
Travis stayed where he was for the moment, the scent of strawberries clogging his nostrils. The book he read, he was no longer interested in, so he pretended to read as he tried to listen in on the conversation. Once again. he felt that it was rude, but it was bound to be better than the book he was reading. Yes, Travis loves books, but he can't help but get bored of them every now and then. He watched as the two conversed, maybe going to pop in to it sometime soon.

They hold us down like anchors
They drown us out at sea
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Ethan Tyler Ellis

He listened to her questions carefully, not wanting to miss anything. "Yes, he's a normal dog and no I don't have an empathy link with him. Actually, I don't even know what that is," he confessed with a sheepish smile. He was new and he didn't know too much about camp. He didn't really even have any friends.

It was then that a gust of wind blew by and messed up Ethan's hair. He turned his head to the side, softly running a hand through the top of it to fix it when he spotted the other boy. The guy seemed to be a few years older than him and he was reading. Ethan had always hated reading. He was terrible at it. He had an eighth grade reading level in the tenth grade. So he never read. But the boy seemed to be into his book, or maybe he was listening to their conversation.

Even if that was true, Ethan didn't mind. They weren't talking about anything mindblowing or any secrets.

Last edited by Madge. on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 am

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis heard the boy say something about not knowing what an empathy link is. Taking the chance to join the conversation, he cleared his throat and sat up right, looking up from his book slightly. "An empathy link is a telepathic contact from one person to another. Usually created when a great amount of distance is between them." He spoke smoothly, his voice somewhat deep and raspy. Travis looked up completely from his book, making his place and shutting it.
"Travis Sykes. Athena. Sorry, I'm not very good with the whole introduction thing. I don't communicate much with other campers." He freely spoke. It was true, he spent most of his time reading books or checking up on his younger sister, who she didn't even know he was his brother. Travis preferred the company of books, anyway. He wasn't much of a talker, but he felt spontaneous today.

They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 am

Emily, after hearing that Ethan didn't know what an empathy link was, opened her mouth to explain. But she was quickly interrupted by an unfamiliar voice. She turned to face the boy, listening to him explain an empathy far better than she could. He introduced himself as Travis and Emily offered a wave and a small, yet friendly smile. "Hello! Name's Emily, Hormes. It's good to meet you," she called. Deciding that she didn't feel like talking this loud so her voice could reach him she gestured for the boy to join the two. After all, three people just meeting keeps up the conversation better than two does.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Ethan Tyler Ellis

Like the big awkward child he was, Ethan introduced himself too, "Oh, I'm uh, Ethan," he said with a flash of a white grin. The only reason his teeth were so surrealistically white was because he took amazing care of them. He brushed three times a day with Crest 3D white and washed with the 3D mouthwash and flossed and used whitening strips. He was thinking about being a dentist when he got out of this place.

Glancing at Emily and then at Travis, Ethan pulled his legs in tighter to his body as if trying to make himself appear smaller, of course he was a big lacrosse player. That wasn't exactly easy for him to do.
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:38 pm

| T R A V I S |
| J A D E N |
| S Y K E S |

Travis smiled, stood up collecting his books and sat with the other two campers, sitting cross-legged. "It's a pleasure to meet you both, Emily and Ethan." Travis said rather formally, with a slight bow. Travis seemed very formal, but it was just because he was always a polite kid. He was raised to treat others properly and with respect. He also enjoyed being polite.
"So, how long have you two been here at this lovely camp?" He asked with a slight laugh in his voice. "I've been here for around...Seven and a half years. I traveled here when I was eleven. He spoke, brushing part of his fringe out of his eyes.

They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A random meeting [p r i v a t e]   A random meeting [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A random meeting [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 1