Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Rivalry (Sapphire)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:27 am

Lyra took a small knife and threw it at a dummy. It stabbed the straw figure right in the gut. Lyra jogged over and picked the sword from the straw it was embedded in. Lyra tossed the knife in the armory and got out her sword. 'Hurry up' She thought. If Caleb didn't show up soon, she wasn't going to stay and wait. Lyra smashed the dummy to shreds with her eraser-sword.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 pm

~ Caleb Wright, 15, Son of Momus ~
Rivalry (Sapphire) Calebcopy-1

Before he got to the arena, Caleb made a quick trip to the armory to 'borrow' five throwing knives. He strapped them to his belt as he entered the arena. Looking around, he saw that familiar girl back in the library throw a knife at a straw dummy. Caleb raised his eyebrows at the sight--a fellow knife-fighter, then? But the girl pulled out a sword and he almost snorted. Gods, swords were the most over-used weapon in the history of camp.

Caleb gripped the hilt of his electric knife, while his other hand took a throwing knife from his belt. With precision and accuracy that stemmed from his training, Caleb flicked the knife to the direction of the girl. It didn't hit her but that didn't bother Caleb. She wasn't the target anyway. His target was the straw dummy the girl practiced on, and the blade lodged itself squarely on the dummy's chest.

Caleb smirked. "Well hello there," he called to the girl as he twirled another throwing knife around his finger.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Lyra looked at the nasty arrogant boy. She smiled at his distaste. "You fight with knives?" She asked. Lyra had always used a knife in fighting until she almost took her half-sister's hand off. Then, Lyra only used knives when fighting monsters.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 pm

"No, I use swords," Caleb said sarcastically, his eyes on the girl's sword. He ruffled his hair with his free hand to make it more spiky. He was feeling so cocky today.

"Obviously, I fight with knives," he continued, tossing one of his throwing knives up and catching it perfectly by the handle as it fell. Caleb smirked at the girl, finding it amusing that he still didn't know her name. But he said nothing of the sort, and just threw a challenging look at her.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:23 pm

"OF course I know that." Lyra shouted, then muttered "Idiot." under her breath. "Don't you think it's a bit dangerous?" Lyra asked. She still didn't see why he was going to run the risk of killing someone with bad aim, which she was pretty sure a idiot like him would have. "I almost cut someone's hand off once. Save the throwing for the monsters."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:30 am

"If you knew that already, then why'd you still ask?" Caleb said cockily, letting a finger run delicately down the edge of his throwing knife. It was still sharp, as expected. He doubled the grip on the blade's handle as he stared at the girl.

Caleb shrugged, smirking at the girl. "I can aim perfectly, so I don't need to worry about that," he said. "Well then, you were just short on practice. And anyway, if I save all the throwing for monsters, how exactly do you suppose I hone my skills?"
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:47 am

Lyra was infuriated by the boy's comment. "Short on practice? I was 7 you fool." She sneered, stamping her foot in the ground in frustration. She gripped the blade of Livia's sword even tighter. It wasn't hers, or even magical in any way, but it was once her mother's and with that Lyra was sure she would win. Then again, maybe not. Thought Lyra as she glanced at the boys blade reflecting off the sun. "Well, lets see. How many times more are there targets than people? About 3." Said Lyra, answering her own question.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:58 am

"So you were seven then. I'm a lot older than that now, so there's little need to worry about me not hitting my desired target," Caleb said, really enjoying this. He nearly laughed when the girl stomped in frustration. He watched her carefully as she talked, and smirked wider as she answered her own question. What a weird girl, Caleb thought to himself as he secured his glasses. Gods, he had forgotten to change into his contacts. Okay, so he just had to be more careful this time to prevent his glasses from falling.

"Are we going to talk all day?" Caleb said pointedly, faking a yawn behind his hand.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 am

Lyra didn't answer. She slipped behind the boy as he turned around, trying to find her. She stabbed behind the targets of his knife. "Athena." She muttered. Her mother must have heard her, for Lyra was a lot stronger than she looked.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:05 pm

((Please don't control him, thanks ^^))

Caleb raised his eyebrows, wondering where the girl had disappeared to. Unable to find her, he grew a little restless and annoyed. Caleb flicked his throwing knife to one of the dummies, hitting it squarely on the forehead. The perfect hit was rewarded with a burst of red liquid from where the knife was lodged. Slightly smirking at himself, Caleb walked up to the target to pull his knife away.

"I don't have time for fun and games," he said loudly. "We're not playing hide and seek here."
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:21 pm

((Sorry if it seemed like I was. I meant to make it so she missed, or Caleb dodged her:).))

Lyra stabbed again, a little bit too carelessly, and looked at the boy "I'm using your weaknesses to my advantage. Its called battle strategy, not hide and seek." It was suprizing that a girl as small as Lyra was as strong as she was. Most who met her, only saw her small figure and never thought there was more to it underneath. "Or unless your to stupid to figure that out." Lyra knew she was walking into a trap. The boy would not respond well to being called stupid, and Lyra knew that. But once again, Lyra's anger got the best of her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:17 pm

((Ah, sorry. I guess I misunderstood))

Caleb moved, by instinct, narrowly avoiding the girl's stab. Her blade did skim over his shirt, however, leaving a small rip on it. Caleb took a step away from her quickly, his face becoming serious. "If I were you," he said, pulling out his trusty electrifying blade with one hand as the other clutched one of the throwing knives, "I wouldn't be saying my strategies aloud for the opponent to hear."

Then, the girl called him stupid.

Caleb's eyes narrowed dangerously at the remark. No one called him stupid and got away with it. He vaguely heard the air around his knife cackle at the electricity from the blade. With a fluid movement, Caleb flicked his throwing knife at the girl, letting his anger get the better of him.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:51 am

Lyra jumped to the side, letting the knife impall itself into the heart of a dummy. 'Lyra Wolfe: 1. Annoying idiot: 0." She thought. Lyra swiped at the boy's legs at the same time.

((It's fine. But watch what Caleb is saying. I might take it personaly (Lyra is a half-blood me) ^__^))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:10 am

((Oh sorry, I'll try to tone him down ^^ Caleb is an egotistical jerk though, so try not to take him seriously. Just trying to keep him in character xD))

Caleb jumped, avoiding the girl's attack. As he did, Caleb flicked two of the throwing knives at the dummies. One of the knives hit the dummy's forehead while the other one buried itself in its heart. Smug at his display of skills, Caleb landed on one knee as he slid towards the girl, holding his electrically charged knife towards her. He wasn't holding anything back now, because the girl had called him stupid. And he was going to make her regret that.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:21 am

((It's fine. I was joking))
Lyra took one look at the electrifying blade and knew she was going to be burned into a billion pieces. But that didn't stop her. She took one of the knives on the groud and threw it straight at the boy's heart. She hoped that the armor he was wearing would let it stick. Lyra watched as the boy slid towards her in some kind of dance. She snickered.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:31 am

Caleb stopped in mid-slide as he saw a knife headed straight to his heart. He knew that he couldn't dodge on time, and to make matters worse, being the confident jerk he was, Caleb completely skipped over the part where he put on some armor. He didn't actually expect this kind of situation to happen so he just didn't feel the need to put on something to protect himself. Growling, Caleb held out his free hand in front of himself. Better hit his hand than his heart, right?

Caleb let out a cry of pain as the blade lodged itself in his hand. Gods, that awfully hurt. And stung so hard. Caleb's eyes squeezed shut as he fell to the ground, letting his electric knife fall to the floor beside him. He fell on his knees but he barely registered the pain from that, he was more focused on his hand which was now bleeding freely. Caleb was shouting curses in Greek by now, and his voice was even starting to get hoarse. Impaled object... Don't move the damn knife, the rational part of his mind said and he held his bloody hand up, the knife still in it. He knew that pulling the knife off was a major no-no in treating injuries like that.

Caleb clenched his teeth in pain. Gods, what had he gotten himself into?
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:50 am

Lyra's eyes filled with tears. She had just killed him. Of course Lyra missed the part where the knife lodged into Caleb's hand, so she went screaming over to her brother who was watching from the sidelines. "Quell help. Please." She said. Quell wasted no time. He wasn't the right person to do this, but he did it anyway. "Right now I think our best bet is that he's a son of Poseidon and can heal himself." Lyra gave Caleb a bottle of nectar from the first aid kid. She ran over to the Apollo cabin. "Please help." She said, leading a couple kids over to the arena. One of them lifted the boy over his shoulder, and wisked him away to the big house. Lyra assesed her injuries. She had a huge scratch going down her arm, but not something that she couldn't fix on her own. Lyra popped a ambrosia cube into her mouth, and the taste of soft-gooey caramel flooded her mouth. She stumbled to the big house after the boy when she noticed something. Where the tip of her thumb used to be was a oozing mass of flesh and blood. Lyra winced. The tip of her thumb had been cut straight off, all the way to the bone.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:00 am

Caleb groaned, opening his eyes. At first, he was startled to see that he was no longer in the arena. He blinked, trying to find out where he was when the events rushed back to him. He sneaked a look at his hand, only to see that it was already heavily bandaged and still stained with blood. It felt numb though, which surprised him. He expected pain. Oh, okay, now it hurt when he tried to move the hand. His eyes swept over his surroundings and he found a half-empty bottle of nectar on the table beside him. Caleb looked up, trying to remember if he drank anything from it. The last thing he remembered was receiving that same bottle--still full at the time--and a huge kid picking him up before he blacked out. Caleb's best guess was that whoever fixed his hand had poured quite an amount of nectar on it.

Caleb started to sit up, but one of the Apollo boys rushed to his aid and told him to just rest for a while. He grudgingly obliged, leaning back into the pillow. The kid started to check if he had any other injuries as Caleb looked around him, spotting the girl he had sparred with quite a distance ahead. He narrowed his eyes at her. It was because of her that he had this stupid injury right now. The 'god of blame' part of his personality kicked in as he settled on glaring at the girl, blaming her for this.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:05 am

Lyra recived a stare from the boy, almost as piercing as her own. She glared at him back. It wasn't her fault he had made himself look stupid by not wearing armor. She thought to herself. Lyra returned the boy's glare with one worthy of Athena herself.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 am

Not faltering at the weight of the girl's stare, Caleb continued to glare at the girl. Count him in in glaring contests. He was so used to them that it was becoming a daily habit for him. He barely realized the Apollo kid giving him a check-up. He only snapped out of his thoughts when the Apollo kid told him that he'd be fine if he didn't move his hand much. Caleb muttered a half-hearted thanks before he got out of the bed. He gave his hand a disdainful look. Now he won't be able to practice knife-throwing properly. All the more reason to blame the girl. Caleb turned to her, throwing her a look of dislike.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Lyra frowned back at the boy, untouched by his stare. She was triumphant. Lyra had played the game of chance and won. She gave the boy one last intruding stare and sauntered out of the room, victorious.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am

Caleb's eyes followed the girl as she walked out of the room. She was really annoying him now. Caleb threw a glance at his injured hand, wincing as he tried to move it. How many days was he going to be like this? Caleb cussed at the thought, earning a few disapproving glances from the Apollo kids around. After an exclamation of thanks, Caleb stood up and turned to leave, maybe go back to his cabin for a good sleep. One thought filled his mind as he went on his way.

Caleb was going to make that girl pay for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rivalry (Sapphire) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rivalry (Sapphire)   Rivalry (Sapphire) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rivalry (Sapphire)
Page 1 of 1