Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] Empty
PostSubject: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] Tumblr_lzl3fgJNT01qex710o1_500

The breeze rustles the leaves of the forest tree tops making it sound as though the trees were talking. I sat below an old oak, my head propped up on one of it's roots, laying down on the forest floor. I crossed my ankles and closed my eyes. It was peaceful and yet, lacking a key element. It was unusual to be alone with no one around or no friends. Very strange. I usually only went out with my friends, not by myself.

I wore my hair in a loose bun, too lazy to do anything with it. My hair was golden with a pretty green tips as the corresponded with my mood; calm. I had a sky blue tank top on with a rainbow across the middle of it. My shorts were short jeans that were about three inches above the knees. My shoes were casual flip-flops. All in all, I was sort of glad I wasn't in public. I looked as casual as casual can be. Still, a strange feeling grew in the pit of my stomach. Something was out of place.

Opening my eyes, I sat up almost immediately. There was a rainbow barely visible through the leaves of the tree tops. That was what was out of place. It hadn't rained, and I was SURE I hadn't created it, since I didn't want to draw attention to myself at the moment. A puzzling sensation wove through me. I slowly began to get up. I stood, brushing the leaves off my back, butt, and legs. I gulped. What was going on? My guess, there was another Iris kid somewhere around here. My highlights changed to a deep purple, puzzlement. My clear blue eyes scanned the forest for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] Tumblr_lzvpftvR2z1r7ysmko1_500

Iris; Goddess of Rainbows and Divine Messenger

Suddenly a sharp flash of colors appeared through the forest. It was the kind of thing that made you go, 'What in the hell was that?' It was a flash of red, orange, gold, green, blue, violet and every other color. Iris, the goddess of the rainbow and divine messenger appeared in the trees. "Agh, trees," she muttered a few curses in Ancient Greek. Iris didn't care for trees, they were painful, usually.

Walking gracefully out of the trees in an old looking outfit, Iris smiled. She wore A pair of shorts with an old sweater that was loud. A simple pair of gladiator sandals topped off the outfit on her feet. A small rainbow tattoo was etched on her ankle. Iris walked over to her daughter and smiled, "Hello, daughter," she said in a soprano voice like tinkling bells.

Last edited by Aura on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:32 pm

I took a step back as a swirl of color shined through the forest. I closed my eyes, as it was extremely blinding. When I opened them I saw an elegant women standing in the open. I spluttered as she spoke, her voice enchanting. "D-d-daughter??" I stuttered out. This had to be some sort of mistake. My insides felt like they had been sent through a rock tumbling machine.

Gulping, I tried to gather myself. I straightened up and pulled the strap of my top straight. My highlights turned orange which was supposed to be surprised, but I doubted a goddess would find that interesting.
"Iris?" I said, disbelievingly. Then again, that rainbow show was pretty much proof in itself.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:15 pm

A look of confusion crossed the goddess's face. 'Oh hell, did I get the wrong girl?' She pulled out her iPhone and checked the picture on it. "Yep. You're definitely my daughter," Iris smiled, sliding the phone back into the pocket of her shorts. "Oh, you look just like Robert!" Iris cried with a smile. She hadn't seen Robert since after Kate was born.

It wasn't like Kate would look like Iris. That would've been cool, but Kate had gotten the recessive genes. Iris was alright with that. The rainbow necklace around Iris's neck flashed a bright pink, signaling affection. Iris had another necklace just like it in her pocket, and another gift for her daughter, Kate.

Last edited by Aura on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:20 pm

I watched as she tapped her phone to check whether I was her daughter, which made me slightly annoyed. Shouldn't she know? Did she not even notice the rainbow on my shirt? I heard a name that snapped me back to reality though. "My...Dad?" I asked. I had been homesick for my dad for a long time, but I was a year-round camper, which meant I couldn't really go anywhere on vacations.

I gathered my thoughts and dumped them in a trash can, attempting to come back to reality. "I don't suppose you just stop by the forest all the time, then?" It would be really awkward if Iris had come to only see me. I hadn't done anything special. No quests. Just parties. Usually gods or goddesses only came to see their kids who were worth something to the camp.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Iris looked hurt for a moment, thinking her daughter wasn't happy to see her. But she brushed that thought away instantly, "Well, I missed your birthday last year.. and the year before that. And plus, I'll miss your birthday this year because July is a hugely busy month for me. So, I brought you a couple of gifts," retrieving the first gift out her pocket, Iris waved her hand and it expanded into a beautifully colored bow. The wood was a strong, bendy wood painted rainbow and decorated with pearls, her birthstone. It came with a quiver decorated in pearls and rainbows, too.

"The name of your bow is to be whatever you wish to call it." Iris announced.

Last edited by Aura on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 pm

I gaped in awe at the bow. I usually didn't have any weapons besides the ones camp half-blood gave me for training. I took it in one hand, running my other hand over the fine polished wood. The decorated rainbow was flashy, and that's the way I liked it. The pearls also glowed like they had been shined. I was so distracted by the amazing weapon that I didn't hear that she wanted me to name it, adding to the fact that I was clueless on what to name it anyway. I felt stupid, standing there. In front of a goddess, holding a magnificent weapon inside a beautiful forest and I was dressed like I had just enjoyed a lovely embrace and didn't want to be seen in public.

"Oh my goddess..." I breathed, slinging the quiver over my shoulder. I made a silent promise to myself that I would train hard with the weapon and become as good with it as I could. I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to hug her or bow to her feet, so I sort of bowed, but it looked like I was shifting my feet and leaning forward or something.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Iris shook her head and chuckled, "Don't hug me just yet; I missed sixteen birthdays." Pulling a small necklace from her pocket, Iris held it out in her hand. "This is a necklace. It's like a mood necklace, except it measures the emotions of the person near you and reads their aura of colors. It tells you what their aura is like," Iris handed it to her. "And your last gift is just something small that I thought you'd enjoy." Iris dug around for it. "A forty dollar gift card to Starbucks!" She announced, holding up the small green card.

Last edited by Aura on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:09 pm

I smiled, tucking the gift card into my back pocket, and putting the necklace on. I stepped forward and embraced Iris in a warm hug. "Thanks-er- mom," I said. I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach but it wasn't unpleasant. It did feel weird to call her mom, though I knew it was true. My highlights turned pink, and I don't think I have to explain what that meant. "Thanks a lot. I will drink lots of coffee," I chuckled. It was a funny thought since I loved to party, loved caffeine and I was ADHD. That was not a good combo, but it sounded so inviting.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Iris smiled and clapped her hands like an enthused child, "Oh, goodie!" Her eyes were bright with amusement and love. Her own necklace was pink. Iris patted her daughter's back when her iPhone buzzed again. She pulled it out and her smile vanished, "Oh crap.. one of my assistants was eaten again..." she murmured with an annoyed expression. "They just can't stop being eaten!" She exclaimed, exasperated. "I shall be off. I may or may not see you in yo-" Iris cut herself off, remembering a final gift. "Oh, I almost forgot!" She pulled a sleek iPhone out her pocket. It was covered in a shimmery rainbow case. "This runs on Rainbow power. Like an Iris message with perfect connection and no drachma deposits!" She grinned and slipped the phone into her daughter's pocket. "I must be on my way," she said, and with a wave and a flash of rainbowy colors, she was gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]   Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh...my...goddess [PRIVATE]
Page 1 of 1