Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Brand new garden (open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

Brand new garden (open) Empty
PostSubject: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 am

Sara planted neat rows of carrots and lettuce and tomatoes and beans and potatoes in the new garden. She'd just removed the last rocks from the soil. Along the perimeter she'd planted marigolds to discourage any ideas pesky rabbits might have. She hummed to herself, not knowing what song it was, but liking the tune.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Zinnia walked into the new garden letting the smell of plants and flowers assault her nose. She was whistling a tune that Jason had been playing earlier that day. She chuckled to herself as she remembered how a nymph had glared at them from his tree and told them rather kindly to stop their giggling and how Jason promptly filled the nymph on what the joke was and soon the nymph was giggling with them. She gave a small giggle. He was surely her best friend. She stopped whistling as she saw one of her sisters planting flowers and humming. It was a rather adorable sight. Zinnia smiled "Hi." she said letting her voice drift over the flowers.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Sara jumped, not hearing anyone come up behind her.
"Hi!" Sara smiled, her voice still near-whisper quiet. She stood up, brushing the dirt off of her jeans that had had to be cropped so they would reach her ankles.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Zinnia looked at her sister. Taking a step closer she knocked some dirt off of the girl's collar. "You missed it." Zinnia said apologetically "Hi I'm Zinnia." Zinnia said
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

"You gonna make them grow or what?" Iekka said, walking closer to them. Snapping her fingers once, the plants began to sprout. "You're planting in Demeter, remember? Or do you want them to grow naturally?" Iekka grinned.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm

"I'm Sara." Sara stuck out her hand, looked at it, brushed it off on her jeans, the stuck it out again. "Sorry. Gardening is dirty."
Then she turned to her other half-sister. "I was going to let them bud on their own... Its more fun that way..." But it was too late. Sara only really speed-grew trees, which would take 20 years to reach a good height to climb them.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Zinnia watched as her unnamed sister grew the flowers and smirked. "Ahhh, but why grow the flora with our powers when mother gave us hands to plant?" She asked Turning to Sara, she smiled. " I know it is more fun that way. My father . . ." She drifted off, her smile faded "My father use to boast about growing such big flowers, I think he hated that they were my powers." She shook her hair back from her face and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Iekka looked at the girl's hand, and shook it gently. "Iekka. You guys newly claimed? Or have you been here a while?" She looked back at the sprouts. There was no logic in growing them back down. Then Iekka leaned over to the other girl. "My father likes my power. He's a Scottish nature novelist. He says I'm a perfect muse-maker for his books."
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Zinnia looked at Iekka. "That's cool that your dad likes your flower power. I'm Zinnia by the way. I've been here for three years and slowly counting. I'm hoping I'll fall in love and leave in two years." She laughed. Her and Jason use to joke like that all the time. "My father was ironically a florist, I was the reason his business was so good. And he says I'm a freak" Her frown faded once more. Why was that man always in her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Iekka thought this over. "So, he says you make his business boom, yet he thinks you're an outcast." She nodded her head. "That's one thoughtful man." Iekka began walking around; being in one place was uncomfortable. She decided to change subjects. "I've been here thirteen years. Even since I was five. I know the place very well."
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 am

"I've been here a year. Almost a year and a half. I've celebrated two birthdays here, funny enough." Sara smiled. "If I wanted to, I could get my drivers lincense but they probably wouldn't let me, I'm so short..." She trailed off.
She turned to Iekka, "So you're 18? You must be pretty good at defending yourself!" She gave a half laugh, remembering her hurried training on the trip here. Monsters were good teachers in some ways, but the satyr was a lot nicer. And less deadly...
She looked at her fully grown plants sadly. "Well, I can harvest them now..." She half-smiled.
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:58 pm

"Don't worry," Iekka said. "Just plant in some new seeds and I'll leave them alone." She smiled at Sarah. Anything else you guys want to do? I have to leave soon."
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:21 pm

"Where are ya going?" Sara asked, her Kansas accent making an appearance again. Eh, oh well. She was proud of her very long line of Kansas ancestors. The Durhams have always been there and always will.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Zinnia appeared thoughtful. "18 and still living. " She laughed "I've seen people come and go and never return. You're lucky." She turned her head away. "So, where are you going?"
Back to top Go down
Jamjam

Jamjam

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:37 pm

"No where in particular. Just...around." Iekka just kep on looking at the floor. Her day was pretty boring, come to think of it. She needed more things to do.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:03 pm

"If you just wandering, there's a certain Demeter kid who needs help harvesting and replanting her crops." Sara made an innocent face."But you're probably not THAT bored."
Sara then remembered that the apple trees needed to be watered. In the dry winter they hadn't got much fluids. She should do that next...
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Zinnia laughed. "I'll help you." She looked pointedly at Iekka. "Even if I didn't do it." She made a move over to the now overflowing garden.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:54 pm

"Thanks!" Sara bounced a little. "I'll go get a wheelbarrow to hold all of this..." Sara ran off to the shed, pulling with all her might on the door, which finally swung open, unbalancing and knocking over Sara. She landed on her butt, and the door started to close again.
"Oh no you don't!" Sara cried scrambling up, and she grabbed the door. Inside she found no trace of a wheel barrow.
"Hmmmm." Sara mused. She hunted around the shed until she found the wheelbarrow, which someone had left out, so it was now rusty, she'd have to ask Hephafestus kids for help with that.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Zinnia raced after Sara. "Hey, Wait Up!" Sh cried. She watched as Sara found a rusty old wheelbarrow. "Oh," She paused. "Maybe the fire kids can help?" She suggested
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 pm

"Fire kids? What are you talking about?" Sara trudged the wheelbarrow over to the garden. "Do you mean Hephaestus kids?" Sara scrunched her forehead. "I don't think there's another god of fire... Then again I haven't been doing my history homework." She laughed at her joke and started pulling up carrots and lettuce and such.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Zinnia laughed as she helped Sara. "My friend and I have been set on fire by the Hephaestus kids during some of our pranks. So they have been named the fire kids. Never to their faces though."
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:01 pm

"If you did you wouldn't get any swords repaired or spears replaced, that's for sure." Sara started to put the newly dug-up veggies into the wheel barrow but screamed instead.
"Holy Gods!" She panicked, dropping the veggies and backing away from the wheelbarrow like it was a rabid animal.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Zinnia was laughing when Sara suddenly screamed. Racing over to where her sister stood she looked to where Sara dropped the vegetables. "What?!!" She exclaimed

A/N Sorry I was gone for so long.. . .
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:32 pm

((I almost forgot what she screamed about XD))
"S-s-snake!!" Sara wailed. It had the colorings of a moccasin. And there it was a big fat menacing snake. It was coiled up on the bottom of the wheel-barrow, it's glistening fangs bared.
"Snake!!" Sara wailed again, backing away further, nearly tripping on a gardening shovel. She picked it up and held it out in front of her like a sword, ready to attack.
Back to top Go down
ReadyGetSetSparkle

ReadyGetSetSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Zinnia out right laughed. She covered her mouth quickly. "Sorry." She muttered through her hand. As little giggles threatened to burst out. She just couldn't help but laugh at the little sence in front of her. Sara standing in front of the snake (who was cussing loudly at her for destroying his home). She let another small giggle get out. Stepping in front of Sara she gathered her wits together and mustered a small hiss. "Stop." she hiss/ordered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new garden (open)   Brand new garden (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand new garden (open)
Page 1 of 1