Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Suggestions of Sleepy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crona

Crona

Suggestions of Sleepy Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions of Sleepy   Suggestions of Sleepy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Hello everyone. I had two suggestions. One is about cabins, but it's mainly a compilation of suggestions I've heard, so I'm not trying to steal anyone's ideas. The next is about something going along with characters, which I will be starting off with.

Character Requests. Some of you have heard of it, others have not. So, let's say you make a half-blood. Let's use my new character, Brooklyn Lucia for an example. He has a twin brother named Daniel. But let's say you want to have someone else play Daniel so they can truly interact, not just type the dialogue between them by yourself. Then you can make a character request! There's not a specific form you need to have, just provide any information about the character your "requesting" that should be mandatory about them. So if I made a character request for Daniel, I'd want him to look similar to Brooklyn. So black hair, blue eyes, fair skin. I'd also like them to have a similar brief history but have their talents differ a bit. And if you want to, you can have people post their application in the request topic and the requester picks the best one to play the character. That type of thing. I apologize if that was a bit unclear. There's a similar thing called a Plotting Section. So what you would do, is if you're looking for a BF/GF for your character, a best friend, an enemy, or just want to advertise a thread, or even come up with an idea for a thread, you'd post it in the plotting section. But the difference with the plotting section is you're working with characters that already exist. So let's use my new character Seth Izanagi for this one. Let's say I was looking for someone to rival Seth. Claim to be better and have more talent and bully him a little. Say I wanted to make a thread where him and his rival confronted and argued and maybe settles it by fighting in the arena or something. I'd post in the plotting section where someone would go "Hey my character, Billy Jones would work well. We could have Billy say this to Seth which would make him angry and then they could fight from there." I just find it more organized than a discussion in the chatbox.

Now, this is a quick cabin-thingy. I just wanted to say that there is a website a lot of you have probably been to. It's Rick Riordan's site that has a lot about the HOO series on it. So I was looking at the map of camp he has, and realized that we were missing some cabins. Three that come off the top of my head are Nemisis, Iris, and Hypnos. I understand we don't have many campers that are children of those three, but they still exist. I personally think, since Rick is the reason this site was created, we add the cabins. One suggestion I heard was to have rooms in the Hera cabin for the minor gods and goddesses. I find this a good idea if we decide to not add the cabins as of yet. And if we only have rooms in Hera, maybe there could be the cabin leader that keeps track of the whole cabin, and a few counselors to keep track of the children of a certain minor god or goddess? I don't know, just throwing it out there.

Again, sorry if this seems ill explained or unclear, just wanted to put the ideas out there! I hope these will all be considered!

~Sleepy
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Suggestions of Sleepy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions of Sleepy   Suggestions of Sleepy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:36 pm

I really like the whole request idea. My character Bee, also has an older brother named Daniel(XD what a coincidence) and it's weird, because Bee has a close relationship with him, and yet I have to use him as an NPC, even though it would be nice if someone could RP as him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com

Suggestions of Sleepy
Page 1 of 1