Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hiding Badly (Twisted)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Hiding Badly (Twisted) Empty
PostSubject: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Miranda sighed as she put down another book. She had only finished one... but she ahd to think through things and not be noticed and well... the Library seemed like a good option, until she realized that to make it look realistic, she would have to pretend to read.

She groaned quietly, resisting the urge to just throw the book in frustration. Again, she had been woken up by nightmares and too much thinking so she woke up, not being able to really get into a cos-play costume.

If she stopped wearing them people would think that she was just like them, that she functioned like them. She refused to be thought of as that. She was her own person, not her step-father's creation... no one's.

Her head hurt now... too much thinking and struggling to read. She simply closed her eyes, trying to block out the outer world.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Trenton grabbed the book he had been reading the past few weeks- it was a novel, not horribly interesting but it passed the time- and slid into a seat at a table. He read for a few minutes before looking up at the girl across the table from him. She had her eyes clamped shut, and her brow was furrowed- a headache, maybe. "Hey," he asked, "You OK?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Miranda looked up, startled. She plastered one of her fake smiles on and looked at him, "Yeah, peachy." she said quietly. She clearly had bags under her eyes, and she had her hood up to hide her hair. She mentally groaned, so much for hiding she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:32 am

Trenton gave the girl a bemused look. "You aren't fooling anyone like that. What's wrong? Got a headache?" He smiled. "Maybe I can help."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 10:41 am

Miranda smiled sligtly, she would gladly take a headache over what she was going through. She looked qt the boy curiously. "Er.... It's more complicated than that." she admitted quietly.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Trenton looked the girl over again without changing his expression, then slowly extended a hand. "Trenton King." He smirked slightly, then returned to smiling. "I think I know the kind of problem you're talking about."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Miranda raised an eyebrow, "Miranda beverly." she eyes the boy. "I doubt you do, but to ahead. What do you think?" she smirked, "Amuse me."
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Trenton smirked, openly this time. "Would it happen to be guy trouble?" He straightened up in his chair. "Because I'd understand that pretty well."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Miranda scowled slightly. "Not everything in a girl's mind is just boys." she said, quietly, but firmly. She sighed, "There's a tiny bit of that, but it's not the reason I look like I'm having a headache, and I won't tell you the real reason so..." she bit the back of her lip,

"We'll go with that."
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Trenton held up his hands defensively. "I assume no such thing. That simply seems to be what's on the minds of most people our age." He smiled. "Very well, Ms. Miranda Beverly, your business is your business."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Miranda rolled her eyes, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Are you always like this?" she asked, motioning towards him.

"Just like...so accepting fro someone to not be curious?" she asked, she truthfully hadn't met someone that wasn't curious of her past, or at least why the girl who always wore crazy costumes wasn't wearing any make-up or any kind of a crazy outfit,

that she was actually thinking... She sighed, maybe he never noticed her.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Trenton shrugged. "Life a bit nice if you don't judge people. I mean, I should know. I get judged all the time, just for who I am." He spread his arms in an "Iunno" gesture. "Maybe you just wanted to be less flashy than usual, if your lack of a costume is anything to go by."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:16 pm

[color=violet]"So you do know who I am." she smiled. Look less flashy? She never wanted to look flashy, she just didn't want to be morphed into someone who she wasn't because she let people change her. She already had let one person change her for the worse.

She sighed. "And who are you Mr. Trenton King?" she asked, looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:56 am

Smiling broadly, Trenton leaned back in his chair. "'Course I know who you are. Well, I've seen you around. Kinna hard not to." He carefully set his chair back on all four legs. "Me? Well, I'm Trenton King, humble son of Zeus. I live in York town, 'bout half an hour from here. My mom's a COO of... Iunno, some big company. I've been here for a few years, almost every weekend and the all the breaks. I know quite a few people, dated here and there, but haven't talked to a lot of the people here right now. Not to much else too know." He leaned his elbows on the table.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Miranda nodded, satisfied with his answer. "All I can say is that... it's complicated to explain." she crossed her arms, suddenly feeling as if all her secrets were going to come pouring out for no reason at all.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Trenton smiled sympathetically. "I've got plenty of time. And besides. I've often found things are a lot less complicated when you say them out loud." He crossed his arms.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Miranda frowned at the sympathetic smile, she had gotten enough of those to last her a lifetime. She didn't need, or want, anymore.

"You already know it's about a guy..." she looked at him, "So..." she bit the back or her lip."It involves telling you bits of my past, and I don't want to." she said, pulling her jacket closer to her.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Trenton's smile turned to a smirk. "Don't trust me? That's reasonable, I suppose." He uncrossed his arms, settling his hands in his lap. "Anyway for me to change your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Miranda looked at him, "I don't tell people my past, and that's not changing just because you're a son of the Big Three."If this... this guy thought that he had her figured out, he was wrong. He was oh so terribly wrong. She mad her face go emotionless.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Trenton's face went stone cold. "My parentage has nothing to do with anything. I was simply trying to be friendly. In fact, I avoid telling most people who my father is because once they know, they assume I'm self righteous and arrogant. In fact I only told you because I was hoping after that little interchange about judging that you wouldn't."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Miranda simply shook her head, now she had made him mad. "I wasn't...you know what? Nevermind." she scowled, getting her books and getting up to leave, "I was hoping that this would be some quiet, simple place to think, and I'm now learning that it isn't." she walked off.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Trenton sighed. "Well damn. I could have handled that better..." He mentally kicked himself. I suppose I should apologize if I see her again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiding Badly (Twisted)   Hiding Badly (Twisted) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiding Badly (Twisted)
Page 1 of 1