Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!

Go down 
+5
Skye
moon
Bre Bre
Charlie
Sniggle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! Empty
PostSubject: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:51 pm

So, I don't know if you guys do this or not but a bunch of other forums I'm on do and it's always a wonderful time.

Basically, those who want to be part of the secret santa sign up. The person/people in charge of this(I would assume the admin or mods?) would randomly give each person who signed up someone else who signed up. So say there are 4 people, a, b, c, and d.

person a gets person b.

Person b gets person c.

Person c gets person d.

And person d gets person a.

Each person will give out a present and receive a present. But they don't know who they'll be receiving a present from.

And then presents could be like, drawings of a persons characters or favorite things, writings, graphics, or basically whatever you can come up with to give to them(drachmas? I don't know. Music for them? lol.) Then people make a wishlist of a few things that they want. Like, maybe they want fanart of Percabeth or would like someone to make them a cool avatar with a flyng hippo in it...Whatever! So long as people put effort into the gift, it'll work. :P

I think it'd be kind of fun to try out here... So yeah, just a suggestion. But if you do decide to do this you might want to hurry. People would need to sign up which would take some time, make a wishlist and be assigned a person to give gifts to, which would take some time, and the person making gifts needs to have time to...well...make the gift, lol. So if you wanna do it, I suggest doing so soon. Uh, yeah, that's about it. :P
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 am

One of the forums I'm on has that, though they mail things to each other in RL.

Sounds like a good idea to me, I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:42 am

I personally like this idea. I think it would be a great way for everyone on the site to get to know each other a little more. :D
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Indeed. It really helps build a good community, and you get to find out a bit more about other members.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I love this idea! I just have one question. How would we "give" the person our gift?
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:35 pm

I love this idea! My only problem is some people might slack and let the other person down, and their might be some uncreative people *cough*me*cough* who might not come up with anything. xD I would like to see this put into action, because my only problem with it is a personal one. xD
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Well if it's a drawing, scan it in or take a picture of it or whatever. If it's a song record it on the computer. If it's a writing, typing it on on the computer, etc. etc.

If this goes through, someone should make an announcement and start listing the people who want to be in it.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:41 pm

I like it, but my concern is people signing up not following through with a gift. Person A might work hard on Person B's gift, but Perso D might fail to give their part of the bargain.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 pm

When you sign up you have to be committed to doing it. Like, seriously committed.

On another forum I'm on, if you sign up and fail to provide anything/obviously slopped it together last minute like a jerk you're not allowed to partake in the next however many forum events, depending on the severity. So like they're having a mid-era festival, and if someone didn't provide a gift when they said they would, they wouldn't get to partake in the festival writings/drawings/chats/livestreams/etc. that we do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:18 am

Sending stuff to people in real life is kind of creepy O.e. I suggest we do everything above, but take pictures or videos of it, and email it to them. Considering the fact that parents most likely won't like getting gifts from strangers from the interwebs. lol. Anyways, I'm all up. We could paint, we could do pictures, etc. It'll be pretty fun, I think.

I'm all ears, I'm in :3

/edit

I just read the above posts, and I noticed somebody said this before me. Oops, sorry! Just ignore what I said above, I'm in lol :3
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:07 am

It wouldn't be sending it to them, you would PM them their gift.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Then wouldn't they know who you are? If we are only giving one gift, then I guess it would make sense. I was thinking we would send mutliple gifts. For example-
1rst week of December- small gift
2nd week-small gift
3rd week-small/medium gift
Christmas time- BIG GIFT!
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 pm

There wouldn't be irl gifts, because, well, that is creepy. xD Although I know people who do it. It would be a gift that you could give online, like a picture or song. Even fanfiction shipping together your two favorite characters or something.

And alright, it seems some people are confused. I'll copy and paste the description that my friend Ethie from another site posted. Her explanation seems a lot clearer.

"The holiday season is coming up again, and it's time for some fun and games - and once again, we present you iAnti's Secret Santa! This year's Secret Santa will be brought to you by the users Monochrome and Ethereally, and the rules are simple:
1. You PM Ethereally telling her that you wish to participate. You have until November 21st, 11:59:59 GMT to sign up.
2. Ethereally will reply to you telling you that you have been approved to participate.
3. You make a wishlist here using the SAME account that you PM-ed me with. You must do this before the deadline. ANYONE WHO MAKES A WISHLIST WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL WILL HAVE THEIR WISHLIST DELETED.
4. A couple of days after the 21st, you will receive a PM from Monochrome or Ethereally telling you who your partner is. You will then go to their wishlist and see what they want for Christmas, and then make them something and PM it to Monochrome OR Ethereally before the 23rd of December, 11:59:59 GMT. That's British time, so look it up.
IMPORTANT: The person who gets Monochrome as a partner should PM their entry to Ethereally, and the person who gets Ethereally as a partner should PM their gift to Monochrome. Failure to do so will result in buttpunching.

Now, some not-so-nice things:
1. Anyone who makes a late entry will be banned from the next three user events. There is NO tolerance for lateness whatsoever.
2. When you PM Ethereally telling her you wish to sign up, please also list users you would rather not give a gift to or receive a gift from. Do not tell her via chat or IM, PM HER or she will ignore it.
3. Put in some effort. This is a Christmas gift for someone that has probably worked their butt off to make something for someone else, so do your best to make the gift as special as possible.
4. Anyone with a warning that isn't a verbal warning may not participate. So if the only warning you got was a verbal warning back when verbal warnings were still in place, you are still allowed to join.
5. If you don't give your gift, you don't get yours. Yup.
Questions? Thoughts? Anything? Send me a PM and I'll be right back at you."

Ethereally and Monochrome are two mods from the forum iAnti, that I got this idea from. So basically, replace their names with two designated mods/admin from Camp Half Blood that would like to run this. You can also replace times with whatever you'd like. I'm assuming when they mentioned the 21st they meant November, because people have to type up wishlists, and making a gift is not necessarily a quick task. So yeah, understand now?
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:37 pm

YES. FINALLY
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:52 pm

I like it, Sniggle. It could work out, but we'd need to get started soon if it were to happen. CHOP CHOP!
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 pm

I don't think I have enough time to run it, but I trust the Mods to finally run their own thing, as long as us Admins look over them while they do it! It would be a good way to start off their term, as long as the others are oka with it.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 am

I love the idea. But maybe we should call it secret snowflake? To include everyone?
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Yeah, wahtever you wanna call it. Have you decided who will be working it yet? Cause this thing needs to get rollin' if it's gonna happen lol.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:03 pm

I'm still confused. How would we give them stuff without them knowing? What would we get them? *I'm often confused jussayin*
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:00 am

You would PM stuff to an Admin, the Admins/Mods would send out the gifts. (Stories, templates, characters, photoshopped pictures, drawings created on special programs, pictures/gifs of characters, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:48 am

I LOVE THIS IDEA. WE HAVE TO DO IT. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Oh! I see! It all makes sense now! I love it! WOOT! xDxD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!   Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camp Half-Blood Secret Santa!
Page 1 of 1