Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] Empty
PostSubject: Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]   Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] OliverTateOrcan
Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] Oliver

Oliver's black gaze flickered around the, rather abandoned, tree house village. Nymphs, dryads, satyrs and centaurs once lived in these tree-top homes. But now they remained empty. Dust gathered on the furniture inside. Once the war and violence began to thicken, the creatures were sent off to work, tend to the wounded, and help around the camp. With them occupied, their lovely home was now abandoned. Oliver ran his hand over the rope handle that hung above the wooden bridge. Each house was connected, making maneuvering in the tops of the trees easier. Oliver reached up, clutching a bright green apple that hung from the branch of the fruit-bearing tree. He tightened his grip, plucking the apple from its home. He examined the apple a moment for bruises or impurities before he brought it to his mouth and took a bite. Juice from the ripened fruit dribbled down his chin. Oliver wiped it away without a word. It was these lonesome times in the forest where his thoughts became clearer. Out there, among people, he became confused. His mind became muddled and hard for him to comprehend. His memories of his past lives would fade as his attention was forced to be put onto the present and the people around him. In here, deep in the forest, alone, Oliver had time to think, to process, to dwell.
With a shake of his head, the Son of Nyx took another bite from the apple and plopped onto the wooden deck of the tree-top home. How could he live in this way? He would watch others die in battle around him while he was not worried about his own being. He may die, but he would never rest in peace. Against his will, he would be thrust back into the world to live yet another life apart from those he once loved. Sometimes Oliver wished that he could take one of his lives and give it to one of his fellow, dying campers. With a bitter scoff, Oliver leaned back on his hands. "It may seem like a blessing at first...but they'd soon realize how sweet death could be.." he muttered. Oliver thrust the apple into the air with all of his might. He watched it soar out of sight and hear it crash through the branches and plop onto the ground. Oliver buried his head in his hands, once again finding himself in the pure, undisturbed silence of the empty forest.

Last edited by Angel on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]   Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] Tumblr_lstg4do6lg1qdq0qfo7_500

Avalon, so trapped in her own thoughts, can barely remember how she ended up here, in the Treetop Village. Where the nymphs, centaurs, dryads and satyrs once flourished, is now a desolate wasteland. Being Ava, she didn't really take much notice, other than coughing from the dust particles collecting in her throat and nostrils. She plugs in her earphones, listening to a particular song by You Me At Six. No reason, is all. She just likes their music. She collapsed to the top of a branch, purposely tucking her small legs underneath herself as she sits criss-cross applesauce, humming along.

After a while, she overhears the crackling of some leaves, as well as twigs. She pulls her earbuds out, listening to the everlasting silence, letting her gaze fall on a certain dark-haired boy. Sunny and Emery, her ghost friends, direct Ava to "stay silent" and "ignore his presence." She ignores her two only friends and watches the boy, getting an odd sense of familiarity. It's like he's prey and she's a wolf, smelling his scent. She mumbles, clasping her hands on the top of her own feet. "You've been to the Underworld."

Last edited by Sincerely, Fluffy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]   Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] OliverTateOrcan
Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] Oliver

Oliver practically jumped out of his own skin when the voice rang through the silence of the forest. He scrambled across the deck, scrapping at the wood to prevent himself from tumbling over the side. Oliver glanced around wildly, taking a moment to realize where the voice came from. It was then that he spotted the girl and then that he registered what she had said to him. His gaze darkened and he shrugged his shoulders. "Others here have been to the Underworld as well... On quests and such. It's not very uncommon here," he said in a cool, collected voice. Through his mind though, he panicked. How had she known he had been to the Underworld? Perhaps a child of Hades? Oliver had always been careful to avoid them since he heard rumors that they could sense the "dead". 'I'll just remove her suspicion and send her on her merry way,' he thought, calming himself with ease.

Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]   Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] Tumblr_lstg4do6lg1qdq0qfo7_500

Avalon, noticing him jump, paints a devilish, amused smile across her face, feeling accomplished. She suppressed a rather loud laugh from escaping her lips, thankfully, succeeding. She peers down at him, raising her eyebrows. "You've been there many times." she smiled at her cryptic, "cliff-hanger" sentences, pleased with herself. Ava lets her brunette curls hang down, passed her ears, framing her face. She tugs loosely at her ear-buds, letting them fall into her lap, with her eyes still fixated on his. She stays in her cross-legged position, refusing to move. Interested in his next move, she watches him closely, her eyes following his gaze.

Last edited by Sincerely, Fluffy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]   Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Oliver squirmed uncomfortably, but he tried to hide his panic. He gave a shrug, letting out a snort, as though it meant nothing to him. "I don't know what you're talking about. And besides, even if I had been to the Underworld, what' that matter?" he said. However, inside, he was going crazy. How did she know? Was she there too? No, he would recognize her. Oliver rose to his feet, leaning on a tree branch so he could get a better view of the girl. She was pretty. But he was in love, so that meant nothing to him now. Oliver crossed his arms, chewing on the inside of his lip absentmindedly. "What are you, a child of Hades or something?" he asked, assuming this is how she was able to "smell" the Underworld on him. Either way, he didn't like it one bit.

Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]   Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Avalon watches him squirm in discomfort, pleased with herself. She approaches him, not daring to change her expression. She steps closer, until she can hear his pulse. "Only Avalon asks the questions." she looks away quickly, "Why the long explanation? Don't lie." she presses, well-aware of the discomfort she causes in other humans. "Melinoe--now, Ava's gone passed her word count for the day." she flicks the pad of her thumb with the nailbed of her index finger, responding to his earlier question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]   Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep in the forest where the apple tree grows... [p r i v a t e--To Fluf.]
Page 1 of 1