Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Shooting hoops (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Shooting hoops (open) Empty
PostSubject: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Mark dribbled the ball in his left hand as he paced up and down the court quietly. It had been a long while since he had played basketball but he remembered much of it, enough to be able to play a consistent amount without thinking What do I do now?Mark spun the ball on his finger and started dribbling between his legs and around himself and took a shot from the three-point line and watched it bounce back to him and he sighed and tried again.
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Ella was excited to finally try out the basketball court. She’s been at this camp for two weeks so far, and still hasn’t got any free time… until now. She walked by the different hoops, all taken. Instead of picking up a game with 3 or 4 others, or the super completive couples, Ella chose to go to the court with one boy. He just missed a 3 point shot. Ella walked up behind the boy, quietly, but she assumed he could still hear her. She had her own basketball in hand, and she started to dribble it
“Mind if I play with you?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Mark had heard approaching footstpes but took nothing of it, but when he heard a girl's voice ask to play with him he turned and smiled, "Sure, it would be nice to have someone to talk to today, I'm Mark Farkas son of Hermes nice to meet you." He dribbled his basketball lightly, just enough to make sure it would reach his hand but not make much noise
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:14 pm

“Isabella Evans, daughter of Apollo. Call me Ella, though. Everyone does.” She rolled her basketball to the side of the court. She walked back, closer to the hoop this time. She stood casually, confidently, ready to start the game. Her mind jumped to the only thing she’s thought about for the last few weeks - this camp. “So, how long have you been at camp, Mark?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Mark smiled and cracked his neck lightly, ready for the game ahead "I've been here three years, I'm a year rounder so haven't been out into the world lately, where you from?" He dribbled the basketball then passed it to her and he cracked his knuckles, an old habit which Mark could never shake
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:07 pm

He passed her the ball, he caught it, not exactly smoothly, but still, okay. Her face scrunched up, and her body shook lightly as the boys knuckles cracked, not enough to see but enough for Ella to feel. People cracking there knuckles always shook her a little bit. “I’m actually new here, maybe… two weeks? Seems like time just, doesn’t go as fast here? I’m from New York City, though. It’s… different being here. Definitely not as… urban."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Mark smiled, knowing that feeling "Yeah, it's quieter mostly. Yet I do miss the New York sounds sometimes,. If you still feel slightly uncomfortable here trust you will get too used to it...and time does seem to not matter once you get into a big routine and always have your mind everywhere at once." Mark shrugged and grinned, a mischievous grin that seemed to be on almost all Hermes children and he motioned to the ball "Care to go one-on-one?"
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:38 pm

She smiled a genuine, excited smile. “Definitely, but good luck. I happen to be pretty good,” It wasn’t meant to be cocky, but friendly. She stopped and threw the ball to the net. It danced along the edge of the rim, then fell in. “in my opinion, at least.” She smiled brightly again, then ran to get the ball. When she got it back she tossed it to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Mark grinned widely, he loved a challenge. As he caught the ball he noted she was very good and seeing that she is the daughter of Apollo meant the more fun it would be. "Okay" he said and dribbled fast and raced down to meet her, and he crossed the ball under his legs and backed up a step and took his shot... Darn Mark thought, as the ball hit the rim and circled it but fell out. He walked over to it and picked it up and tossed her the ball "Guess I'm not as good as I used to be"
Back to top Go down
detailedsimplicity

detailedsimplicity

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 pm

She was surprised the boy missed. He seemed good enough. Whatever. She ran, and dribbled. She went to do a lay-up, but suddenly didn’t feel like trying. She threw the ball in the general direction of the net, and missed. She ran to get it. She burst out, seemly at random “I wish I wasn’t claimed. The Hermes cabin was much more fun than the Apollo one, if a little crowded.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Mark shrugged at hearing her comment "Yeah I have to admit it is fun being a child of Hermes...it kind of forces us to be overly helpful or talkative...more than we usually are haha." He stretched his back and sighed, getting the tension to ease off on his hurt back, it always hurt but not so much more than a slight itching sensation. He looked over at her "I would think it would be kind of cool to be a kid of Apollo, I mean I wish i could be better at medicine like some Apollo kids I've seen, it would be very handy"
Back to top Go down
dusty8ball

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:59 am

Mason Olsen came walking up to the basketball court and saw two kids talking. "hey, is it too late to join?" he said as he whipped his hair back. Man i really need this hair cut. He thought
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Mark looked over and shook his head "Nah come on and join in. It is always better to have more than one person to play basketball with" Mark grinned and cracked his neck, which had cramped up again.
Back to top Go down
dusty8ball

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 am

"cool!" Mason yelled. He ran over towards the ball, dribbled towards the hoop, and sunk a three pointer. but then he tripped on the shoelaces of his and sent an accidental flame at the ball bursting it. "OH MY GODS! I am so sorry! i'll go get a new one."(sorry, i didn't know where to put this. he is unclaimed but is a son of hephaestus. please tell me if it doesn't go here. im a noob)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Mark grinned and shrugged "It's cool dude, doesn't matter, life keeps on going, anyways who wants to get a nice hustle started up?" Mark looked at them and grinned and cracked his back and stretched lightly
Back to top Go down
dusty8ball

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 pm

"What's a hustle?" Mason said, tilting his head with a confused look on his face. " i only play b-ball, i don't speak it." then his hair fell in his face. "DARN YOU HAIR!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Mark grinned still and shrugged lightly "It is like a everyone against everyone game of basketball up to 21 points. a shot below three point line is 1 point and on three point line is two points"
Back to top Go down
dusty8ball

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 1:26 pm

"cool i'm in!" this is gonna be FUN....... Mason thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Grinning Mark nodded and stretched his arms and grabbed the ball and spun it lightly on his finger "So I guess I'll shoot first then you? to see who gets first possession."
Back to top Go down
dusty8ball

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:20 pm

"Sure, OK," Mason said, " you first."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hoops (open)   Shooting hoops (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting hoops (open)
Page 1 of 1