Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

Location : Standing somewhere in between the underworld and the good ol' USA

There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) Empty
PostSubject: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:52 am

Odysseus lay quietly, just outside the Athena Cabin, looking up at the stars. His mind was more so on the quest he had undertaken not to long ago, and he hadn't much time for anybody except for his girlfriend, Thalia, and of course his books and battle strategies. Most times he could be found training in the Arena, but the former outgoing Athena boy had grown up on that quest, becoming a quieter, more reserved, demigod.

Mostly, though, he thought of Jacen Aldrich, son of Nemesis, and his best friend. Jacen had given his life to save Odie, and that made him the real hero of the quest. Sure, most demigods made Odie and the others out to be the hero, but if they had only been there to see what Jacen had done in the end, they would have known the truth.

As, Odie thought about these things, his mind also happened upon what his mother, Athena, had told him. She had said,"My son, there will be times when you feel as if you are the one left out, but your life is just beginning. You are well on your way to becoming much like your namesake, and my favorite hero, but you must rise to new heights, and bear the weight of another's burden before this can be done."

Odysseus, sighed, after defeating the Titan of Warcraft, Pallas, his mother had told him that he had indeed bore the burden of another, and thus begun his journey towards becoming more like the first Odysseus who was well known for his feats on his way home from Troy, as well as his idea to create the Trojan Horse. As Odie thought about these things he wondered if he would ever truly find his place in Camp Half Blood among the others. Sure, he had defeated a Titan, but that didn't necessarily make him fit in with any of the other campers. At least, that's the way that it felt to Odie.

So, as he sat, quietly, watching the stars and wondering if he would ever truly measure up to his namesake the way his mother wanted him to. He sure hoped so, but he was still very unsure of himself. He'd been a leader, sure, but he never knew exactly what the Fates had in store for him.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:51 pm

FAYE~LYNN~McJEAN
Athena
"Books are one thing, knowlegde is another."
Faye came rushing out of the cabin, to see it was about dusk, no point of trying to do anymore training now. She was about to head back into the cabin when her eyes found a familiar face. Odysseus, her half brother! He had ben gone for a while now, Faye hat gotten worried about what happened to her brother. "ODIE! You're alive!" she squealed giving him a hug. Faye was happy to see him home in one piece. Her siblings told her that Odie had gone on a quest, and might not come back! Psh, he was too back!
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:28 am

Odysseus jumped when Faye came running up squealing. He chuckled, and hugged her. "Hey, sis, you startled me there. Yes, I am alive, though, I'm not sure if any of the scars I have will heal. I was nearly killed, but I'm better now. I was just thinking about thinking about what Mother told me on the quest."

He paused. He didn't really want to make it known that the enemy he faced and slew was a Titan Lord, and Athena's rival Titan to be exact, or the fact that he had had help from the blessing of Athena to defeat Pallas. He wasn't looking to be idolized, he was just looking to never forget what he had learned on the quest. He looked, at her, and then spoke again. "So, Faye, how have you been? It's been awhile since I've seen you."

He motioned for her to sit, and waited for her to answer.
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 pm

I walked up to the cabin after an extremely long day of helping some new demi-gods. I saw Faye and Odie sitting outside. I walked to them and smiled warmly.
"Hey, Odie, you were on a quest right?" I had heard he had gone but I did not hear he made it back.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm

FAYE~LYNN~McJEAN
Faye smiled, she was glad Odie was okay, even with wounds. She sat down next to her brother and saw another face. Adella? Yeah, Adella. Faye was about to say hi, but Adella mentioned Odie first. So he could reply first, now her.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Odysseus looked up at the newcomer, and smiled, warmly. "Hey, Adella, how have you been? And yes, I was on a quest with four other demigods. I barely made it back, alive. Glad I had that med kit that the Apollo Cabin gave me."

He thought to himself quietly, and prayed to Athena that he could be the hero she expected him to be. That was when he realized that his mother was already helping him accomplish that goal. She'd helped him defeat her rival Titan by giving him her blessing, making him untouchable, because he already foresaw all the possible moves that Pallas would do.

He smiled, and quickly grabbed a pen and paper, and began drawing a detailed map of Mount Othrys as he waited for Adella, and Faye, to answer his questions.

Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:05 pm

"I've been great! Wow, your so lucky! you actually got a quest! I haven't gotten one and I've been here for 6 years!" I answered smiling. I frowned in confusion when Odie started drawing some sort of map.
"What's that?" I asked him.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:16 pm

FAYE~LYNN~McJEAN
Faye smiled at Adella's question. "It's Mount Othyrs."she replied to her sister's question. "I've been good Odie. I went on a vacation with my boyfriend and his sister just last week. That was... interesting." Faye mumbled the last part. Some things about that vacation she didn't want to remember.
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 pm

"That sounds fun," I commented on Faye's answer. I sat down next to them and sighed.
"I really need a vacation... or a quest... either one would be great!" I said more to myself then them.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:22 am

"That's really good, I'm glad you had a good vacation, Faye, and yes, Adella, this is Mount Othyrs, or what was left of it after me and Kyle, son of Hephaestus, blew up the throne room. I'm just thinking about the quest is all."

He stopped drawing, and crumpled up the paper. He dropped his face in his hands and sighed. He looked up and smiled, pushing the pain away. He couldn't let his siblings see him this way.
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 am

"Wow, blowing up stuff... that's pretty cool," I smiled a little. The stars were really out tonight. I saw a constellation.
"So, did you get to see mom at all?" I asked Odie. It was my dream to meet my mom. I'd never talked to her or even seen her.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:48 am

FAYE~LYNN~McJEAN
Faye looked at her brother, he seemed, sad. "Aw Odie don't go all sad on us." she said giving him a playful punch to the shoulder. Faye hated seeing people sad. It made her sad. Emotions were contagious to her.
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 pm

"Yeah, sad people make me sad... and you wouldn't wanna do that, would you?" I teased. I remembered how sad my dad was. He used to be always sad and didn't seem happy even though I tried to please him. I shook away my emotions and smiled at my siblings.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus Carlson

Odysseus Carlson

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:53 am

"I can't help it, if you'd been through what we had been through. There's a lot of pain and suffering involved in the events that started the quest." He sighed, and then forced a smile.

"You guys are great, you know that. Thanks for making me feel a bit better. I know that everything is going to be okay. To answer your question, Adella, I did see Mother. She has big plans for me. She wants me to be the next great hero, like my namesake, Mother's favorite Hero of the past."

He sighed, and started drawing the map, again.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 7:52 am

There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) 1293479855_5948_full

Melina Riley Johnson

"Ah, Odie. Long time no see." Melina walked into the cabin, a blue backpack slung around her shoulder. She walked over to her bed at set the backpack down, and began stuffing it with her possessions. Sword is in my pocket. Map. Food. Water.

"Hey, Faye. I haven't seen you in a long time as well. Adella, it's nice to finally talk to you." Melina knew most of her siblings, and if she didn't, she at least knew their names. She remembered Odie from a while ago. They had talked about what she had done in the underworld with her friends, her battle with Hades, and her boyfriend, Kai. "It's nice to see you all again," she said, looking up from her backpack.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:01 am

FAYE~LYNN~McJEAN
Faye smiled at Melina, her young sibling. "Hi Melina." she said kindly. When Faye heard Odie mention Mom had ' big plans' for him her happiness slightly faded. She had never been on a quest, let alone seem her mother. Most kids had, but not Faye.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:09 am

"How has everyone been? Hopefully the elections aren't driving everyone into the looney bin." Melina looked down at her backpack and went though her stuff. "Okay, that should be everything."
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:37 pm

"Hey Melina. I've been good. How are you?" I answered, smiling. Then I turned to Odie. "That's cool. Looks like moms picking favorites." I winked.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:18 pm

"She wants us all to be heroes," Melina said, looking down at her backpack and gripping the handles tightly. "She's always watching over us."

Melina remembered when Athena saved her from death. The teenager was down in the underworld battling Hades one on one, trying to save her friends Victoria, Jasper, and Melody. She also remembered the conversation she had with the goddess on Half-Blood Hill. It's funny, actually. Before that ever happened, Melina always thought she wasn't living up to the expectations her mother wanted from her children. Now, she had full confidence that she was on her way to becoming someone great.

"I'm sure you'll meet her too, Adella and Faye." She gave them both a quick smile, and then remembered the quest she was supposed to be leaving for soon.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 pm

FAYE~LYNN~McJEAN
Faye smiled at Melina's comment, hoping it would be true. She looked at her younger sister and smiled. "Another quest Melina?" Faye asked with a smirk. It seemed to Faye that Melina didn't spend much time at Camp. She was always on a quest. Faye was proud of her sister, yet jealous. She wanted to be great, lead a quest, make her mother proud. Faye didn't know if she was yet.
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:36 pm

I sighed. "Hopefully I'll get a quest..." I looked at Melina, she was 2 years younger than me yet she had seen and faced death, monsters even Hades! I couldn't help feeling a bit envious...

OOC: hey guys. How do you get a quest?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Melina gave Faye a quick nod. "Yeah. I just got back from helping the Hecate cabin leader, Anna Jones, save her cousin, Violet. Now I'm off to retrive a rake." She stressed the word 'rake' to lighten the mood with her not-so-hilarious humor. Well, she was never the artist of the family. That was Stella, her older sister . . . that died.

"Demeter's rake," she corrected herself quickly, hoping she wouldn't be zapped by lightning, or strangled by plants. Especially the plants part. A long, painful death isn't the way she would want to go.

The teenager looked at Adella, and sighed. "Don't worry, you will. Athena children, I'm sure, are extremely important to the camp. A quest, in your case. They're the ones that figure things out, right?" Melina tried her very best to sound reassuring, and she hoped that she did, as she didn't enjoy seeing her siblings upset.

~ You have to PM an admin for permission. But before you do that, you have to make up the quest yourself, find people that will join your character(s) on the quest, and make up the prophecy.
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:48 pm

I turned cheerful again. "Well of course! my time will come... when it wants to," I smiled then began toying with my hair. My black hair annoyed me a lot. Normally Athena children had blond hair. I shrugged my thoughts away and turned back to my siblings.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:52 pm

FAYE~LYNN~McJEAN
Faye smiled at her sister. "Okay... tell Demeter we say hi." she said kindly. Faye had to admit, a quest sounded nice. Melina had full hope that they would have a quest eventually, which brought her hopes up. She looked at Adella, who also wanted to go on a quest. Fayehoped they both would get their wish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)   There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's no manual for what one does after slaying a Titan (Open)
Page 1 of 1