Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Battle System

Go down 
+5
Gazimu
tethys
Emzink
dean
Crispy Bacon
9 posters
AuthorMessage

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:12 pm

We are pleased to present to you, the new battle system! This idea was suggested by the fantastic Gazimu! Everybody put your hands together for Gazimu!

The Dice Information

The "Attack" Dice: 20 sided die
There is a 10% (2/20) chance that your character will Succeed and hit the enemy for 30 Hit Points.
There is a 15% (3/20) chance that your character will Succeed and hit the enemy for 20 Hit Points.
There is a 20% (4/20) chance that your character will Succeed and hit the enemy for 10 Hit Points.

There is a 25% (5/20) chance that your character will Miss.

There is a 5% (1/20) chance that your character will Fail and get hit by the enemy for 30 Hit Points.
There is a 10% (2/20) chance that your character will Fail and get hit by the enemy for 20 Hit Points.
There is a 15% (3/20) chance that your character will Fail and get hit by the enemy for 10 Hit Points.

The "Power Strike" Dice: 10 sided die
There is a 40% (4/10) chance that your character will Succeed and hit the enemy for 50 Hit Points.
There is a 40% (4/10) chance that your character will Miss.
There is a 20% (2/10) chance that your character will Fail and get hit by the enemy for 50 Hit Points.

The "Cast Spell" Dice: 15 sided die
There is a 60% (9/15) chance that your character will Succeed.
There is a 20% (3/15) chance that your character will Miss.
There is a 20% (3/15) chance that your character will Fail and get hit by the enemy for 20 Hit Points.

The "Heal" Dice: 20 sided die
There is a 25% (5/20) chance that your character will Fail.
There is a 50% (10/20) chance that your character will Succeed and heal for 20 Hit Points.
There is a 25% (5/20) chance that your character will Succeed and heal for 40 Hit Points.

* For further clarification, Casting Spells is reserved for children of Hecate or any other demigod that knows magic/spells and Healing is reserved for children of Apollo or any other demigod that is capable of healing either themselves or others.

** Each active character only gets one roll per post

Enemy Hit Points

Enemy Demigods: 30 Hit Points
xxx For each enemy demigod that one of your characters defeats using the dice system, you will receive 5 drachmas.

Hellhounds: 50 Hit Points
xxx For each hellhound that one of your characters defeats using the dice system, you will receive 10 drachmas.

Empousae: 50 Hit Points
xxx For each empousa that one of your characters defeats using the dice system, you will receive 10 drachmas.

Cyclopes: 80 Hit Points
xxx For each cyclops that one of your characters defeats using the dice system, you will receive 15 drachmas.

Giants: 100 Hit Points
xxx * Includes both Laistrygonians and Hyperborean giants.
xxx For each giant that one of your characters defeats using the dice system, you will receive 25 drachmas.

Other enemies: 30 Hit Points
xxx For any other type of enemy that one of your characters defeats using the dice system, you will receive 5 drachmas.

Camper Hit Points

Year One Campers: 150 Hit Points

Year Two Campers: 200 Hit Points

Year Three or Higher Campers 250 Hit Points

* For further clarification, year one campers are campers who are new to camp, year two campers are campers who have already spent a year at camp, and year three or higher campers are campers who have spent two or more years at camp.

** For each character of yours that is killed in a battle, you will receive 15 drachmas for compensation.

How to use the Battle System

When posting at the battle topic, you'll find that there is an additional field underneath the Preview and Send buttons. This field gives you the option to roll dice and you may select the dice you wish to roll there. Again, only one roll per character and per post.

• Members do not have to use the battle system, it is purely optional.
  • You will not receive any drachmas for the enemies your characters defeat if you did not use the battle system to defeat them.

• Characters are free to avoid conflict and to instead heal other characters.

• Members are expected to keep track of the hit points of their characters and to keep an up to date tally of their characters' hit points at the end of their posts.
  • Hit points will be reset for each battle.

• Members are also expected to keep track of how many enemies that their own characters defeat and how many of your characters died.
  • In order to receive drachmas, you must send a message to the Gamemaster at the end of the battle.
  • You should expect the appropriate amount of drachmas to be added to your account within the first 24 hours of sending the PM as well as a reply PM saying that the drachmas have been given.
  • If you do not receive your drachmas within the first 24 hours of sending the PM, we ask for your patience and thank you for it.

• Users are expected to be completely honest when reporting their stats.
  • If caught lying about any information, you will receive 0 drachmas.
  • If caught lying repetitively, you will lose the privilege of receiving drachmas by defeating NPC enemies.

• 25 Drachmas must be paid in order to resurrect dead characters (characters whose health has reached 0).
  • Please message any admin before resurrecting characters.

The above information has also been posted in its own topic in Rules & Joining.

You may find the battle topic here.

Thank you for your patience and reading this topic through thoroughly. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:56 am

Just to clarify, if you guys cast a spell and it's a success, the damage will vary with how powerful you intended the spell to be. The maximum spell damage amount will be -50 HP but I trust you guys not to make your characters to OP when using spells. The maximum amount of one hit kills I'll allow when using spells is around 3.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:47 pm

I really don't understand it sorry XD
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Ah, sorry. I'll try to explain it more in depth.

When posting at a battle topic, you'll find a section below the text box but above the Options section. This section will say "Roll Dice" and it gives you the option to "Roll Dice #1". There is a scroll-down menu beside it that gives you the choice of rolling either the Attack, Power Strike, Cast Spell, or Heal dice. You may select one of those dice and roll once per each character in a post. If you wish to roll another type of dice, just click the + button beside the option that says "Dice rolls".

The Gamemaster will post immediately after you with your outcome.
There is a number of outcomes that you can have when you roll dice. They will appear as pictures that detail what happened.

When attacking, you can either succeed and land a certain amount of health points on the enemy you're fighting and their health will go down (you need to keep track of their health points), miss, or fail and get hit by the enemy for a certain amount of hit points. When choosing to power strike, you will either hit the enemy for 50 health points, miss, or get hit for 50 health points. You are also expected to keep track of your own character's health points.

When casting a spell, your character will either succeed, miss, or fail and get hit for 20 health points. Successful spells' damage caused to the enemy will vary depending on how powerful the spell was intended to be or how powerful the demigod casting the spell is. The maximum spell damage amount will be -50 HP
When healing, the character will either heal themselves for +20 health points, +40 health points, or just fail.

Characters who are new to camp have 150 health points, characters who have spent a year at camp have 200 health points, and characters who have spent two or more years at camp will have 250 health points.

Of course, you are free to abstain from using the battle system if you find it confusing. You will still receive 15 drachmas as compensation for any characters of yours that die in battle.

If you guys find any bugs or find the system very confusing, just tell one of the admin! This system is just a Beta so we'll try to work out any kinks. If you find it too confusing or just useless, it'll probably be removed.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:04 am

Okay ;) I get it a bit more now :) I'm not going to use it though XD
Back to top Go down
Emzink

Emzink

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:55 am

Crispy Bacon wrote:
When posting at a battle topic, you'll find a section below the text box but above the Options section. This section will say "Roll Dice"
I honestly have found no section like that. Please help. Do we just post, attemps power strike?
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Kamus the elf wrote:
Crispy Bacon wrote:
When posting at a battle topic, you'll find a section below the text box but above the Options section. This section will say "Roll Dice"
I honestly have found no section like that. Please help. Do we just post, attemps power strike?

When you reply to the topic, there's a section under where you type that says "Roll Dice". You use that to roll the dice.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:03 pm

it has to be the full reply, not the quick reply box at the bottom of the page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:43 pm

OH DARN, I FORGOT TO GIVE YOU CREDIT. I'M SORRY, GAZIMU. Gosh, I'll go edit the first message.. xD

*applauds* Go Gazimu! *cheers* Great idea, Gazimu! You're awesome, Gazimu!
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:30 pm

I recognize this from the Hunger Games board. Good call, Gaz. I believe this is an interesting addition to the forum, and it's being optional makes for some good flexibility.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:35 pm

The battle will end in one day! Try to finish up your threads soon!
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:40 pm

OH NOEZ BACON! D8<

Thanks for the heads up. I was beginning to wonder when it was going to be over. xD
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:30 am

The battlefield is now locked! The topics will all be moved to the "Past Battles" forum.

Hope you all had fun!
Back to top Go down
Eternal God of Happiness

Eternal God of Happiness

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:44 pm

I missed the battle. :(
Back to top Go down
Eternal God of Happiness

Eternal God of Happiness

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:21 am

Can we put this system in the arena?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:55 pm

It's all over the forum. Just go to the very bottom of the page in a thread, click "Add Reply," and scroll down until you see "Roll Dice." :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Battle System Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Battle System   The Battle System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Battle System
Page 1 of 1