Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.

Go down 
+4
maddie ☹
Nico
Prince Hawk
Banana
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Banana
Banana

So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. Empty
PostSubject: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 pm

So, here's the thing. Major causes of inactiveness and misjudgment of the users are because of the chat box. In return, a lot has been going around, depressed an what not, about it. So I guess, I'm here for just the raise of awareness. For a while, I dwelled upon today about what used to be the reason I would go online here at Camp. The cbox. Aside from the rps, the cbox became the short, yet cheerful time I had away from the real world. It was a place where everyone shared random things and smiles. But now, it's just plain depressing. I admit, I'm having a bit of a down time in my life. Majorly. But as I escape to camp, still, problems bombarded me again. I'm not saying, that we should be all acting plastic and act all cheery and what not, I'm just pointing out how these things had taken a toll on some of our lives. Our real lives.

So I'm here for a request. Or maybe requests.

1.)First off, we need rules in the cbox, or any other places. PG-13 just doesn't cut it. We need to elaborate thing such as what level of profanities are allowed. Or what topics are to be avoided. The admins are not supposed to be ignored, and everyone should acknowledge what anyone has to say. Requests for rps are accepted with true gusto, not for the sake of having to rp because forced, and if declined, say it politely. Disturbing thoughts are not allowed, and rather not fighting is allowed. Ever. Don't question a person with authority without looking into what he/she has to say, and if you would, ask them nicely.

2.) That leads me to two. Everyone should always know the truths behind the scenes, the situation at hands and the topics involve before discussing a subject.

3.)Cbox mods, or CL upgrades. I don't know about you guys, since everyone who has power is always offline during my duration in here. I guess, if CLs are upgraded, we would have more greater power in the cbox over fights and such. It would be for the better in case someone would discuss something inappropriate inside the cbox while the mods/admins are away. Cbox mods are also good.

4.) Unsettled disputes of members are to be held into pms and with respect. In the manner of fashion where they could be formal and polite, and things will be held privately. Whenever they need anyone to be the judge or help in the case of serious arguments, they could have a trustworthy member to help, or an unbiased user to rest the case.

^^so, not reall suggesting much. Just the efforts of everyone. I hope this isn't a waste of time and space. 'Cause I really missed old CHB.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Death, I agree. I tried suggesting Chat Box mods quite a while ago.
I have to admit, I was one of those people, I am working on making my own performance better.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Alright. Since I have something to say about all of your points, I'll just make a list.

1) I actually agree. This was suggested in the Secret Place by someone, I'm not going to say who, back when multiple people were considering demoting themselves because of some rude members in the Chatbox. It was the same person, I'm going to admit it, that was making everyone cry, in the real world. That shouldn't be what the Chatbox is like, so I agree with Point 1.

2) I don't think members should have to explain everything they're going through, but when asked by a staff member what is going on during a fight, I think an explanation, in full detail, would be really helpful.

3) I'm sorry, but I don't agree with adding even more staff members. I think that the CLs should get more respect then they are currently given, but I don't think we should have upgrades. That just doesn't strike my fancy. Again, CLs are high power, and they should be respected and listened to. They know what they're talking about. But, I just don't think we need any more additions to the staff right now. If a CL, or respected member, is in the Chatbox when I fight arises, they better be listened to. I don't want to have to tell someone that the CLs should have been listened to. That should just be know. CLs know what they're doing.

4) If there are fights going on through PM, I say the PMs should also be shared with at least one Admin, or Mod. I don't like the idea of a secret fight going on. It just makes me shiver, because we don't really know if they're following the politeness rule if the PMs are secret.

Alright. That took a while, but, that's what I honestly think. My opinion. I think I've taken this Chatbox stuff harder than anyone, even if you might not think so, because I'm so stressed, and sometimes, some members don't make that easy on me. I currently hate the Chatbox when people are yelling at me. I also don't like it when people take sides during a seemingly innocent fight, turning the fight into something extremely large, and hurting feelings easily, and without thought. That happens a lot to me. People don't mean to hurt my feelings, I'm sure, but they do. I'm sorry to admit it, but I cry, and I scream at them, and then I leave. It's not professional, and I'm sure that I get reported, and that just makes me even more sad. Honestly, I try not to get mad, but I don't like repeating myself.

Okay, that was really the end. *Takes a bow.*
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:32 pm

I feel that the Cabin Leaders, arent really part of the staff. I mean it is just their character that happens to be the leader of the cabin, now perhaps we could make the Cabin Leaders also chatbox mods, or add some more chat box mods, because Death is right, the admins and mods arent always on, and someone should have the power to take action in the chatbox if something does arise while there are no admins or mods on. for example being able to clear, or ban a member if they get out of hand, however the big things like a banned member should always go through an admin, as soon as possible. But it would help so much if there were a few extra members that could help out with keeping peace in the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:33 pm

I just think that there should be more stricter things in that chat box. People think that if you don't have an @ sign, they should not listen to you. So, I'd say more chat box mods, but then that might be an overdose. In whole, I just think there should be some official chat box rules.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Hawk, I get what you're trying to say, but the Cabin Leader's are part of the staff, they have their own secret place, and I don't think upgrades are needed. I'm sorry if you had your sites set on becoming a Chatbox Mod, but I don't think we should upgrade anyone. I think that people should just listen to those higher ranking than them, and those higher ranking should take responsibility. I think some rules should be set so people know what to follow, and that everyone should just agree more on the Chatbox than they do. I get on the Chatbox, and there are already things I'm needed for.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:54 pm

but the fact is that we dont have enough people online enough to be able to take actions that need to be taken, the admins and mods arent on enough. There are so many times when there are no mods or admins, and things need to be done. So why dont we give the CLs chatbox modding abilities and things can be taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 pm

HAWK. I believe we've talked about this before. That's just what I say. There's not really any need to question it. It's not like what I say is set in stone, but I would like it to be respected. I'm not going to sit here and argue back and forth about it. The staff gets on as much as possible. The staff is some of the most active people on here, believe it or not, there just aren't thousands of us, and sometimes when we're on, we aren't posting.

CLs don't need Modding powers. They are respected members of the community, and parts of the staff, but they aren't Mods. They don't need modding powers, because that is what is special about Mods. The ability to Mod.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:01 pm

you said it yourself "there arent thosands of us."
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:10 pm

*Face palm.* What I meant was, there are thousands of members. There aren't thousands of staff members, because they are hand picked for this mob of CHBers. Please Hawk: Gypsy Prince. Hear me out. You completely missed my point when I said that. Like I said, I'm not going to argue, because I'm trying to not explode on you, so I'm just going to not reply. Please read my post again to catch onto my whole point. You've seen what I was trying to convey in my past posts, so I'm going to not post here anymore, in fear that I might get in trouble, or reported, or blow my top.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:13 pm

OK, but this still doesnt solve the problems of the chatbox, that are in dire need of being fixed as soon as possible. I have supplied a viable solution, but if you dont want to take it, then thats your choice. but if you dont take it, find some other good solution or stop complaining about it.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:35 pm

I . . . Um . . . Wasn't complaining. I'm sorry for my behavior. It was wrong of my, I wasn't doing my job well, and since Hawk: Gypsy Prince believes I was complaining, I'm obviously not making my point clear. That's my fault. I handled this wrong.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I think the ChatBox should be a fun worry free place where people should be able to talk about there dreams and magical pets in peace.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:55 am

Actually, I was just randomizing. I didn't mean any full fledged arguments to arise. Well, Sorry about that. But I just wanted to state that point wherein the cbox is no longer saftee anymore. Or are members sometimes listening. -_-'
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:20 pm

I have to agree. The chatbox rules need to be bit stricter. ^^
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Personally, I believe that the C-Box Rules are like common sense, and most members know how to handle themselves well while on it. I'm going to say officially that the C-Box Rules are very similar to the general Rules of the Forum, however, as the case may be, I'll make a topic about it in the Rules & Joining section. Now onto what you suggested:

1) I think I really already explained this above, but I will make a list of Rules if some users are feeling ignorant and don't know common sense. xD

2) Like Selene said, I don't moderators/admins should always have to know what's going on behind the scenes. That's kind of invading their privacy, if you get what I mean. We under no circumstances want to go prying into their personal lives. If there's something that's going on with them, and if they try to get attention or something of the sort by talking about it on the C-Box, we'll talk to them. But I feel like if we always know what's going on with them, it's kind of like monitoring them, as if they're in prison.

3) I do like this idea. We can't always be on, and the CLs are usually online when the mods/admins aren't. I don't think any member promotions should be necessary... we have a very well-rounded staff (which does include CLs), and I think that perhaps they could get a crack at modding just the C-Box. This doesn't make them moderators, as moderators also can mod the forum, delete posts, and such.

4) I like this idea, but the participants of the argument should also be notifying a moderator about what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 am

Well thank you Dan. I'm just saying, cause some forget of the basic rules and needs to be reminded of that.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.   So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, Er, Ehem. This Is Awkward.
Page 1 of 1