Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Reading ( Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:53 pm

I sat down on a bench and opened up my book to its bookmarked page, It was starting to get good just like it always did, I'd read this book so many times that I could mouth the words, and I knew what was going to happen before I got to the part in the book, even though it wasn't considered a classic and it was on some banned lists for dumb reasons it was still an awesome book.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Chris Talbot jogged through the courtyard, his bow and quiver slung over his shoulder. His blond hair was matted with sweat, after a good workout in the arena. Sitting down on a bench, Chris took out his water bottle and downed it. He nodded to the girl who was reading on the same bench.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:01 pm

I smiled at the boy, obviously a son of Apollo, I turned my attention back to my book, it was nice to read a book, with all the war talk going around it was nice to have something to distract you and make you feel safe.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Chris emptied the rest of his water bottle and took a breath. The skies were clear, but the sun wasn't too hot, and there was a breeze. Perfect for cooling down after exercise.
"Man, I love this weather," Chris murmured. "Hey, what book is that?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:08 pm

" Gone With the Wind " I say, It was frustrating that people judged the book because of the time it was written, it was a great book though, a big book with over one thousand pages but it was a great read.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Chris nodded. "I've heard good things and bad things about that one. Never got around to reading it for myself." He shrugged. "I don't really care for romantic novels, but I dunno. Always good to keep an open mind. Maybe I'll check it out sometime."
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:15 pm

" It's not romantic, If it was romantic I wouldn't be reading it, its more about the story of survival, mortals perceive it as romantic because they don't understand what true survival is " I say pointedly
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Chris considered the girl's words. "Hmmm. That's an interesting take. Not something I've ever heard before." He paused, before extending a hand. "I'm Chris Talbot."
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:24 pm

I nodded curtly and I shook his hand, " I'm Katie Ellen Summers" I say, I put the bookmark on the page that I'm reading and I close the book, even though I want to keep reading
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Chris sat back and looked aimlessly around the courtyard.
"I am really loving the breeze," he said to no one in particular. "Great for cooling down. Hey Katie, which cabin are you from?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:45 pm

" Poseidon " I say quietly, I wasn't really enthusiastic about my big three parent, having a big three parent just made me higher up on the Monsters menu, I would have been fine with a regular olympian
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:59 pm

"Ooh, Poseidon," Chris said. "Does that mean you can breathe underwater and control water? Or are you just learning that stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:01 pm

" I'm just starting to learn that stuff, its been interesting though, its hard to get used to breathing underwater " I say
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:17 pm

"Right," Chris said. "Getting the hang of that stuff's never easy, eh? But when you do have it down, you'll be a force against monsters. We'd be better off in this war if we had more people like you."
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:17 pm

I shrugged " I personally don't really like my parent or my power, the only good thing that I can do with my powers is fight " I say flatly.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:38 pm

"I respectfully disagree," Chris said. "Come on--you control water. That's the source of life on Earth, for crying out loud. You aren't just limited to tsunamis and hurricanes, you know. Not by a long shot. I'm no expert on just what children of Poseidon can do, but the power of water has to be more than just a combat tool. It has to."
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:19 pm

" Yeah but I just don't think its fair that I can do that and others can't, I don't like being above people " I say, I knew I was being a bit modest, since war was war and the best survived and my powers came in handy and I did like authority but still it wasn't always fair.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:34 pm

"Some people are born tall, others short. Some are outgoing, others shy. Some have powers, some don't," Chris said reasonably. "That's how life is. Nobody's better than anyone--everybody has strengths and weaknesses. The point is being a team, working together to combine our strengths and cover for our flaws."
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:15 pm

" Yeah well easier said then done, not many people agree with teamwork, for many people its every man for themselves " I say pointedly, a lot of people could care less about what happened to their teammates, working on a team with other people was just not for them, but during war everyone made a silent agreement to work together, whether you knew the person or not.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:35 am

Chris pursed his lips. That was something Brandon and Magnus had said many times before--the lack of discipline associated with a gaggle of teenagers. He had to admit that the age group of the camp did pose an additional challenge to teamwork against the monsters, but he always liked to think on the bright side.
"Maybe, but that's why Chiron's here. To teach us to rise above selfishness, lone wolf tendencies and teenage habits when the time comes. Besides, there are also many campers who're a heck of a lot more mature than their age would suggest. And in any case, the bigger the underdog, the sweeter the victory."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reading ( Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading ( Open)   Reading ( Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading ( Open)
Page 1 of 1