Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Some questions for a new member

Go down 
+2
Lightning
Son of Olympus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Son of Olympus

Son of Olympus

Some questions for a new member Empty
PostSubject: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Ok I'm new and have some questions before I get a chracter(s). First: How long should it take for a character to die? I've done other fan R/P sites b4 (Ex. LOTR, Star wars) and have a tendancy to get attached to characters. Also where are the rules for having a big three characters and number of characters you're allowed to have? I'm finding references but I'd like to read them in detail. AND one more thing; in any R/P string, what does it take to qualify to be a canon character?

Thanks, I'm sure ya'll help!

~$on of Olympus
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Hmmm you can have 7 charries(characters) Dont have to die... when ever you like. I used to cleanmine whole thing out every 4months... and i dont think were allowed canon charries because it messes with the storyline but you should ask an ADMIN
Back to top Go down
http://Thtsimmermonkidd.tumblr.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:41 pm

1. How long should it take for a character to die?

They never have to die. If you get really connected to them, they could live forever! I've had Hale Drem for such a long time. I luff him to death.

2. Also where are the rules for having a big three characters and number of characters you're allowed to have?

There is a Big Three character process. You must have been on for more than two weeks, be active, and have at least 500 posts. Once all of these requirements are met, you must send an outline of the character to an Admin and have them approve it. Then you must add the finishing touches.

You are allowed 7 characters.

3. What does it take to qualify to be a canon character?

I will give you the link, sir!

https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/t3797-canon-characters

Everything you need to know about canon characters can be found here. You are allowed to have one actually, if it gets accepted.

I hope these were what you were looking for!

Back to top Go down
Son of Olympus

Son of Olympus

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Yeah! Thanks Nico! I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Your welcome, any time!
Back to top Go down
Melody Kings

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:35 pm

How do you make a character? I am SO confused right now please help!
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Here, I will give you a link!

https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/f1-rules-joining

Just read everything there, and you should be able to create a character with little to no confusion! If you want to see some examples, just look at some staff members characters. They have great examples to show you!
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi. I have a question for anyone who can answer it:

All my characters are in role-playing topics where I'm waiting for the other person to respond (shoot glances at nico). Can I use my characters in multiple topics?

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Yes. Well...we've never really had problems with this. If you want to make it more...'realistic', then use liquid time. This is when, I think, one roleplay is before or after a different one. For example;

I'm using Bob at a roleplay in his cabin.
I'm using Bob in a roleplay at the beach, except it's a day after the cabin roleplay.

So yeah, I hope this helps. You don't have to use liquid time, in fact, you can roleplay in as many as you would like, just try not to have fifteen different topics with the same character. It can get confusing. -Remplissage
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 pm

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions for a new member   Some questions for a new member I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some questions for a new member
Page 1 of 1