Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} Empty
PostSubject: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:55 pm

So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} Emo-boys-hair-330x440

The grave of Mr. Dellimont was quite decorated, with flowers imprinted in the stone, red valet strung from the angel the sat on top of the slab of marble, and the font, in which his name was written, printed in cursive. Anyone who passed by couldn't help but stare. The aura of the grave was graceful and fine, though Hurst himself was quite foolish and juvenile. That's just what happens when Aphrodite kids organize your burial, I suppose. The words to remember Hurst were simple, and left one longing to know more:

Hurst Dellimont

1995-2011

Son of Aphrodte and Hermes, as he wished it to be.

Died of Unnatural Causes, quickly and almost painlessly.

Those left behind:
His adopted mother, Maria. His adopted father, Samuel. His twin sister, Achelle. His beloved girlfriend, Carmen. His son, Terrior. (Terry)

To those who looked at his grave, shock hit them. Unnatural causes? A son? His father being Hermes? Still, only a select few contained the power to figure everything out, and even fewer cared enough to try.

What will you decide to do?
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Chris Talbot stood at the gravestone for nearly an hour, staring at the words engraved upon it. Unnatural causes. Not death in battle, not sickness, not even suicide.
"Unnatural causes?" he murmured, for the umpteenth time. For a rookie medic, this was particularly unnerving. What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Chris' primary interaction with Hurst had been trying to save his girlfriend at the end of the previous battle. She lived. But now he was gone, thanks to...
"Unnatural causes." Chris repeated it again. The strange fact of Hurst being a son of Hermes and Aphrodite barely registered on him.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:33 pm

--Ha ha. It's quite simple really. Here, I'll leave you a clue on the "unnatural causes" part.--

If you looked hard enough, you could see the one clue to Hirst's death. It was hidden in the stone, barely noticeable, but still there. The tire marks plainly printed onto the stone helped along with the case of Hurst Dellimont, but it did little to help with anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} Ag311

A C H E L L E [ariana] A R E L E O U S

"I won't burn long, and evidence of your done wrong will be gone."

Her cold, dark eyes linger. Her face lay expressionless. She, feeling small and frozen, remembers all the times her brother saved her, helped her. Everything--every little thing she couldn't do herself, but what is the point in living now? She breathes in through a sigh. She doesn't cry. She won't cry. Her face, stained with invisible tears, turns a ghost white. Achelle steps forward, lifting her right foot above his name, kicking it over and leaving a faint crack. If listening closely, it's possible to hear the crumbling of the stone. Her palms form moisture, clenching themselves into a small fist. She grits her teeth, her precious little teeth. "You," she begins, accusingly, "left me. When I needed you most." she utters a curse word under her soft breath, feeling her stomach churn in sickness. She looks above her, as the sunshine heating her back turns to soaking rain. Achelle feels hatred inside her small fragile body, as she cannot bear to tear her eyes away from his knocked-over stone with her freshly straightened hair frizzing. "Stay dead."

[[Don't mind my Achelle. She, just, I don't know, hates you. The world. Everyone. That's Achelle for you.]]

Last edited by Flufferdoodles on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Hurst stared, shocked, at his sister's reaction. "Achelle . . ." he whispered, fighting back tears. His dead, ghost body was frail and seemingly weak. His ghost form cried often, and simply wasn't as strong as his human form. He wanted to be alive again with his while heart. There was nothing like being alive, and you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Giving his attention back to Achelle, he was glad Hades was in a bad mood. Achelle couldn't see him, and neither could Chris. The only person he wanted to notice him was Carmen, who wasn't there. "My Carmen . . ." Hurst said, thinking. "My Achelle." hurst didn't feel regret admitting that he missed his sister. "My Terrior," Hurst sighed longing for a hug from his young, merely 3 year old, son.

No one but Hurst and his old girlfriend Nance knew about Terry's existence. The boy was hidden from the public eye, and a demigod in himself. That is, if Hurst really was a son of both Aphrodite and Hermes. Even the boy himself longed to know.

Looking back at Achelle, Hurst could feel the hate. "You know as well as I that I won't simply remain dead. I'm going to come back." Hades knew Hurst wanted to remain hidden, which was exacty why he allowed Achelle to see Hurst as he spoke these words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:45 pm

"You," her voice begins, churning with hatred, as she grits her perfect teeth together, "are perfect." Achelle clenches her clammy palms into a fist, reassuring her brother she wasn't complimenting him, "Everybody gave a damn about you. I was just that 'girl.'" Achelle shakes her head, picking up a photograph laying on the grave. "This is my chance. You left me--forgot." she swallows an incoming hiccup after she finishes her little rant, "You no longer exist, arrogant a*shole. You're dead to me." she chokes on her last words to him before chipping the stone. This is the last he'll ever see or hear of her. She's done. She only ever wanted to be something perfect. Something shameless.

But she can't have that.

Last edited by Flufferdoodles on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Hurst jumped back, well, floated. His feet didn't touch the ground. "Now don't you lose your temper, Achelle. I know you always had that problem." Hurst looked down at his feet. They didn't exactly exist, his feet were just blended in with the mist that was him. Still, he looked down were his feet would have been.

"I wouldn't say I was the perfect one, Achelle. We were twins, and you were older. I was the little brother. Mom was claimed you, she didn't claim me. She absolutely ignore me for months! I met some friends there. I just happened to ask out Carmen . . . My Carmen." Hurst was crying by now. His eyes were ringed with tears, and he couldn't stand to talk about Carmen West, they girl he had been forced to give up for death. There was also Achelle, but she didn't want to hear it. "Don't you see that Mom likes you better? That you are closer related to our siblings? That you are more powerful than I?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:29 pm

So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} Ag311
A C H E L L E [ariana] A R E L E O U S

"Mom didn't like me." she spits back, furiously, at her brother's words, "Don't pull that on me. I don't want to be a mythological creature. I. Don't." she emphasizes her words, "Care." she feels her flesh redden, "When I say I'm done, you do not come and haunt me." she holds her breath for one long moment, as she walks away, feeling her knees tremble beneath her. How is she more powerful than him? She has no powers; the only difference between them is she's alive--and she doesn't deserve to be. Hurst had a certain problem: his assumptions.

She, sick of everyone, has already burned all her belongings--there goes her dream of becoming famous. If she can't have something, she'll disappear off this camp, or better yet, this planet. What change could she possibly make on this earth? Nothing. She, Achelle Ariana Areleous, is just a tiny speck in the existence of humanity. She wouldn't, per se, be better off dead. Just never born--or in her case, created.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}   So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, Um, Now This Awkward {The Grave of Hurst Dellimont}
Page 1 of 1