Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] Empty
PostSubject: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 pm

At about 8:50 PM, Magnus Starkweather disappeared into a secret cabin in the woods. A few minutes later, he emerged as his alter ego-Thunder Hawk. He wore a black US Army combat uniform painted with lightning bolts. A combat helmet sat atop his head, wraparound shades hid his eyes and a black balaclava masked his face. Magnus' body was protected by a bulletproof vest and bronze plates worn underneath his clothing. His shoulder holster appeared to be empty, but actually held a number of firearms and a good supply of ammo.
As Thunder Hawk, Magnus cruised around New York, finding crime and ending it. Tonight's excursion was to be different, though, because for the first time, Thunder Hawk would have an accomplice-Julia Armstrong, daughter of Zeus.
It's about nine. Maybe she'll be a no-show.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Julia, wearing a black Columbia jacket with her dark brown combat boots and her black ripped skinny jeans, jogged cooly over to Magnus. "Alright Lightning Hawk, let's get this show on the road." She grinned at him as he ran a hand through her straightened hair. It fell to her shoulders, looking quite a bit like a bob. It would've been hard to distinguish her from Roxanne in this light. In fact, the two could've been twins in this light.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:03 pm

"It's Thunder Hawk." Magnus led Julia down to the camp motor pool. Beside the strawberry vans used to maintain Camp Half-Blood's mortal cover as a farm, there were several camper vehicles parked there. One was a 2010 Honda Civic, belonging to the Willis brothers. Another, the GMC pickup used by Brandon Mathias, a recent friend of Magnus'. A third was Samuel Anders' Honda Firebird bike. Magnus had two vehicles at camp-a jet black Hummer H1 and a Harley chopper with a flame job. He unlocked the door of the Hummer.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:08 am

Julia glared at the Hummer. "What an ecological diaster those are. The way they suck down the gas like it's nothin'." Julia narrowed her eyes in distase. "Do you have anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:03 am

Magnus shrugged. "That Harley. It's not much better. I'm all for saving the environment, but in this line of work, power beats efficiency. Besides, I only take the Harley when I go out alone."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 am

"Why?" She questioned with daring eyes. Full of excitement and rebellion, they were. "I like Harleys. I had a dog named Harley. But he turned out to be a hellhound." She said grinning.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 am

"For the record, Harleys suck down gas pretty good too," Magnus murmured. Then he raised his voice. "You wanna ride double, Julia? It's not a tandem bike. Plus, it'd look weird if Thunder Hawk started riding with an accomplice."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:03 pm

"Meh." Julia stated running her fingers over the glossy finish of the bike. The bike itself looked relatively new, as if it had only been used a few times. "I'm turning sixteen in a few months and my mom promised she'd help me buy the car I want. Even though I'm upper class, I like to pay things for myself. So I might be getting a Dodge Neon."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:34 pm

"A Neon. Decent first car," Magnus said as he opened the Hummer's door. "Alright. If you really have a problem with the ride, you could always not come. Otherwise, let's get going."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:07 pm

She crossed her arms over her chest with an eyeroll and reluctantly slid in to the car. Even though most of her liked the feeling that she'd be buying her own car, a little part of her wanted a new nicer car. Like a new BMW or something. She pulled the seatbelt down over her chest and snapped it in with a click. She pulled up her feet and placed them on the dashboard. "Let's get rollin'."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Magnus started up the massive 6.6-litre turbo diesel, and maneuvered the Hummer out of the motor pool. In minutes he and Julia were cruising through the Queens-Midtown Tunnel, heading for Manhattan.
Traffic was light, but Magnus scanned every other vehicle on the road. He was expecting trouble like he did on every outing.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Julia had her head against the window and was watching everything that went by. Apartments, gang members, ect. She mostly counted how many stop signs she saw. She got to seventy four by this time. She sighed and said, "Are we there yet?" Her feet were on the carpet now. Her one leg was shaking, because she was jittery. Her fingers tapped out rythms on the window as her left hand drummed on the seat.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Magnus drove north, up along Fifth Avenue for about twenty minutes without incident. The few others out at this time of night stayed out of his way. They knew what his job was.
Magnus stopped at an intersection. He spied an armoured car parked at a nearby bank, the guards loading bags of money in.
Then the shooting started. Out of nowhere, several large SUVs peeled in, their occupants firing at anything in the vicinity. Three armoured car guards went down in short order, as did several civilians.
Magnus swore, ducking under his dashboard as a barrage of rounds slammed into his vehicle's bulletproof windshield. He opened up the glove box and pulled out an M249 SAW, loaded and ready.
"And this, Julia, is what I do," Magnus said, opening the car door and using it for cover as he inched out of the driver's seat. "Lock the door, keep your head down. The Hummer's armoured, you'll be safe."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 pm

"Fine, fine, fine." Julia snapped as she crawled in the back just a bullet smashed the window. She yelled back, "I'M GOIN'. My god." She pulled out her dagger just in case. She wanted to jump out of the car and stab someone. 'Cause she was just itchin' to shank someone.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Magnus fired in controlled bursts from behind the reinforced door of his vehicle. He targeted the engines of the hostile SUVs first, sending them up in clouds of smoke and flame. A few of the armed robbers opened fire in his direction while the rest blew open the bank doors and charged in.
"I've taken down cannibal giants, Cyclopes and dragons," Magnus muttered, keeping the gang members at bay with his light machine gun. "You goons got nothing."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Julia watched the fight outside with boredom. She rolled down the window and crack and yelled out, "YO, MAGNUS, I'M BORED." She rolled the window back up as she layed back down on the floor. Julia started whisteling to herself as her thoughts drifted to Taylor, the pretty boy in the forest.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:50 pm

"You're bored in the middle of a gunfight? You kidding?" Magnus yelled back as he cut down the last of the gangsters that had remained outside the bank. "I gotta go clear out the bank now. Do not leave this armoured vehicle!" He slammed the door, locked the SUV and charged into the bank.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 pm

"NO SIR." She shouted back with impertinence. She pulled out her iPhone and clicked an app for Jersey Shore. A list of episodes popped up on the screen and she clicked on the newest one. In a matter of minutes she was listening to yelling and cursing and clubbing.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Magnus rushed behind various pillars as he spewed lead at the robbers from his squad automatic weapon. They outnumbered him 12 to 1, but he was tearing them apart, having already downed five. And the son of Zeus hadn't even used his lightning powers.

But as the shootout continued inside, a rogue Cyclops was on the prowl outside. Stalking out from an alleyway, it soon began advancing on Magnus' Hummer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]   Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder Hawk's Next Mission [Whatsername]
Page 1 of 1