Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Stricter Rules

Go down 
+15
Excelsior
Nico
Gazimu
Katie Firebird
Angel
dean
Kendall
tethys
Colby
Boo Bunny
selene
Zan
Baby Lex
maddie ☹
Dan
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

Stricter Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 am

I HAVE OFF CAUSE OF THE WEATHER. IT SNOWED BY ME.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:57 am

IT'S SEMESTER BREAK FOR ME. WOOT. I'D RATHER SPEND TIME IN HELL THAN HAVE TO GO TO GYM TOMOROW. They literally have Marines come in. O_O
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:58 am

--It's a teacher work day here, so I'm off. Hooray for teachers working! Also they scheduled it today because finals ended last week.--
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 am

Pfft. You lucky ducks. I have a social final tomorrow, and a math final in seven days. And trust me, I'll need at least five days to get ready for that math.
Back to top Go down
Sun-Spawn

Sun-Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 am

After reading these rules, i agree with them 110%. It's about time this place gets stricter rules about this in my opinion. i applaud the mod's descision on this matter. I don't see how one can stop the PM's, as they are, well, private. But i can see how someone could complain about them. In normal forum rp, it really has no place.

I will abide by these stricter policies without argument.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Didnt this forum used to be PG-13 anyways?

I remember that being the rule, so if the parents are complaining, maybe they should make sure their kid is was over the rating before complaining.

On that note, how exactly did the parents contact you? I forget if theres a way for guests to contact the admins on forummotion.

And if they used their kids account, well, theres an internet rule that goes along the lines of account sitting, and they kinda would have broken it by using thier kids account, as it isnt theirs. -.-
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Again I agree. I don't think pregnancies should be stopped, you know how they happen, everyone does. Yet you cannot see the post behind the pregnancy, this prevents you having things like 'nightmares' or other things like that, this is the last thing the site wants. So regardless off the parent's will they cannot stop other players than their own children to have pregnant charries or to PM sexual...posts. It's their own job to then tell their child to stay away from these subject. Otherwise we could also if something involves something more mature have the thread starter post a [m] behind the title showing it's mature and no-one will come across it if they don't intent to.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I was discussing this with Sunshine the other day and we both agree that it was the paren'ts fault. But...when you label a thread PRIVATE or MATURE then I want the mods to read it to make sure no rules are being broken. The parent doesn't want any sexual posts to be made or sent. Period, your missing the point.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:43 pm

My thoughts are the average age of this site is 13, so, 13 years old, 7th or 8th grade if Im not mistaken, well, theres some sex education in 6th grade, and 8th grade, so they should know what it is, and I dont see how it affects them in any negative way if the posts are not including any details, if its just like 'we went into my room, and came out an hour later, blah blah blah' its not even clear if they did have sex in there -.-

Most kids these days know enough about this subject to not be traumatized by it, its just that most Parents are wayyyy too overprotective and clueless to how mature their child is, mine still think i dont swear -.-

Just my humble opinion,

oh and admins, can you guys check my new char and accept it please?
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:51 pm

I hate it when people ask me if I can accept their charrie. It's rather anoying. Just sayin'. Er...back to the topic though. Parents are wayyy too overprotective. My uncle, the other day, was like you can't go to the mall alone with your friends because your too young. And I'm all like, "I'm fifteen." And he's all like, "Your too young." And I'm like, "You must think I still don't know about the birds and the bees and sex and swearing and drugs right?" He was just stunned. And then I was like, "Dude, if you heard my mouth at school you'd be horrified."
Back to top Go down
Boo Bunny
Bieber Bunny
Boo Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 pm

I know when I was Admin I hated when people asked me to Accept their character, but I'm just saying it's one of their jobs. I know you can say "Look who's talking" because I'd spaz when people asked me, but seriosuly.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:17 pm

I looked for his charries, but I couldn't find a recent one...
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:33 pm

-.- my charrie topic is on the first page of rules and regulations, page 5 of the topic

Its freaking easy to find, its called Gazimu's chars -.-
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Let's not get off on the wrong foot here, guys. Back to the topic.
Yes, parents can be overprotective, but its also parents who have authority over the majority of things in this world. As always, we're going to need a majority of users who would like to have pregnant characters be still available on the site if we're going to have them allowed. Personally I have nothing against it, provided nothing gets too serious. And if something is inappropriate, you can always take it to PMs. There's never anything wrong with that.

Of course, the unfortunate thing is that we cannot accommodate all of the parent's suggestions as mainly we don't have control of those things (such as parental control, emails, etc.).

@Gaz: That may be the average, but there are TONS of younger users that are unbeknownst to any of this.

I like the idea of rating the topics, so I think from here on out, that will be the case. Please be sure to rate your topics, such as G, PG, PG 13; no further than PG 13.
One thing the parent was concerned about was online predators, which was linked the the sexual content. We cannot do anything about that except avoid any sexual content. I'm willing to keep pregnant characters, if you all are mostly for that.
Back to top Go down
Boo Bunny
Bieber Bunny
Boo Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:50 pm

YAY. I just wanted to keep my character Piper preggo. Dan, I'm clicking your eggs until my hand breaks, if you accept my new character too.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Dan wrote:
@Gaz: That may be the average, but there are TONS of younger users that are unbeknownst to any of this.
Me, for example. Actually, my friend told me a little, and it was disturbing x.x
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:52 pm

The who is online map should really have a disable option, now that I think of it, and that you mentioned predators/pedophiles etc, it is basically a map showing the locations of users and its usually accurate, should send word to forummotion on the issue -.-
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:14 pm

You can disable that, so I say, we do so. This site won't fall because of possible sexual pretedors(SP?), which also means that the kiss-on-lips policy is a must.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:18 pm

--Dang it. I can't go on PG-13 posts. But still, I guess it's fine. Two more years. *Sigh.*--
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Actually Music, im pretty sure its not currently disable-able, I have not seen an admin panel as of late, so we'd have to talk to Dan or something to see.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm

I saw it when I was in my admin panel.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Ahh, so yes, I move that we should disable it, as it kinda makes things a little, um, personal.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Yes. Even though it is mostly off (I apparently live in a parking lot), it does say the state and city of it, and if it's spot on, a picture of your house.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Yeah, but its still sorta accurate, it shows me in a field, but the field is right beside the road I live on, and its only about 3 minutes(Car) from my house -.-

Not very encouraging for parents or kids.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:39 pm

I think if you make Hide your online status : No, it won't show you on the map. I'm not sure though, just a guess. For me, they're around 4 or 5 towns away from where I live. Very inaccurate, but it works for some people I guess.

EDIT: Found out how to disable Google Maps! General // Statistics // Forum statistics // Scroll down,
Display the GoogleMap in "Who is Online ?" :and click no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stricter Rules   Stricter Rules - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stricter Rules
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next