Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> Empty
PostSubject: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:33 pm

I sit on the empty bleachers, my keyboard out in front of me. I didn't swordfight at all unless necessary. I place my finger on the highest note, then the lowest. It made a pretty cool sound, considering that it was set on the 'syntheziser' option. The electronic sound filled the empty arena.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Deimos Seo walked into the arena, when he was hit by the electronic beats of an unknown instrument. Looking around, he caught sight of a masculine figure seated in the bleachers, seemingly captured by a portable keyboard. It didn't seem as though the figure was playing any music in particular, more just... pressing keys in an interesting way.
But interesting or not, Deimos didn't welcome distractions to training.

"Hey kid," He shouted to the keyboard player, unsure of whether or not the kid actually was younger than him or not, "If you're in the Arena you're supposed to be training. Not playing some instrument. You wanna be all artsy, go do that in the ampitheater."
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:47 pm

I turn and see an Ares kid. Gods, I hated them. I take my fingers off the keyboard and slowly stand up. Hopefully, he was the least bit intimidated by my size. I was taller than, really, everyone in camp, and I had muscles. And I was 20. I walk over to the Ares kid and stand opposite him. "I didn't hear what you said. Care to repeat it?" I fold my arms over my chest.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:52 am

The figure stood up and walked over to Deimos, making himself much more visible. He didn't look to be a kid at all, and in fact looked quite a bit older than Deimos, as well as taller and better built.
None the less, Deimos stood his ground. Straightening his posture, he stared back into the older boy's eyes. He knew a challenge when he saw one.

"I said what I mean kid," he said, his gaze unwavering, "You're in the arena, not the ampitheater, and right now you and your... instrument are a distraction."
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:12 pm

I raise an eyebrow. "Oh really?" The only sound in the arena for a few seconds was the very faint hum of my electronic keyboard. "Maybe if you were a son of Euterpe, and not a child of that stupid Ares, you'd need the quietest place to practice." I look down on this kid. Usually i was a happy guy, but you do not want to piss me off.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 pm

"Well, what makes you think that arena is going to be quietest place to practice?" Deimos looked around. He noted it was empty, but still, there was a place for everything, and the arena was not a place for the arts. "There are plenty of other quiet places for you to go. There's only one place to train."
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:31 am

"Why do you need to train right now? There's other equally stupid stuff you can do," I tell him. If anyone else saw me, by the tone of my usually happy voice they wouldn't think it was me.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:43 pm

"You wanna stop being a brat?" Deimos snapped at the older boy, "I don't know if you've realized, but there's a war going on. What, you think it's stupid to want to protect my family? Tch."
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:05 pm

I roll my eyes and get my keyboard. I shut it off and fold its stand up. I walk up to the kid. "There. You have your quiet time, now practice."
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:53 am

"Thanks." Deimos turns away from the older boy and began running some drills, stopping momentarily to look at the keyboard player.
"You still here?" he asked, "You know you could just practice elsewhere."
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:30 am

I shrug. "I was just watching you. You're pretty good. But, all Ares kids are pretty good." I scratch the back of my neck.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:12 pm

"Some are better than others," Deimos shrugged as well, "It's all about practice. You any good at fighting?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>   I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Can't Swordfight...So I Play My Keyboard. <OpEn>
Page 1 of 1