Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Opinions about the movie

Go down 
+9
rooney
Zan
Lightning
Gazimu
Inaniloquist
Matt streak
hunter11
daveyp1997
jehowell
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jehowell

Opinions about the movie Empty
PostSubject: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:22 pm

I just saw the movie today. If you don't base it off of the book at all, then the movie was decent. It is defiantly not one of the tops, but it was alright. There were many funny scenes, and a lot of action.

Now, if you do base it off of the book, then it was a complete and utter disaster. Being nice would say it was loosely attached to the book. Whole characters were taken out, Ares and Clarisse, or put in, Persephone. Many parts of the book were taken out and replaced with completely different ones. The main characters themselves were not done correctly. Grover, for instance, has a completely different personality. I describe him as a Player/Smart Alic. Annabeth does not have her invisibility baseball cap or her dagger. She instead uses a sword or a bow and arrow for most of it. Not to mention that she looks nothing like how she is described in the book. Percy looks similar to how I would picture him as a 15 year old in the last book. But, his personality seemed similar to how he was in the book, as a 15 year old.

Over all, I give this movie a 6 out of 10 if it is not compared to the book, and is judged solely as its own genre. If you base it off of the book, then I give it a -10 out of 10. My grade however is probably too harsh.

What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
daveyp1997

daveyp1997

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm

I think the movies ok if you dont base it off the bok the movie is definetly a thriller the music fitted with most of the scenes and the action was terrific i would give it an 8 out of 10 just because it was epic (: but the clarrise and ares problem kind of stunk hes not the master of teh bathroom no mo ):

Last edited by daveyp1997 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm

i agree
Back to top Go down
Matt streak

Matt streak

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Id giv it 8 of 10 too.
Back to top Go down
http://kewlstuds.forumotions.net

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:12 pm

7.8 to 10
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:31 pm

I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt I'd like it. To be honest, I generally am very nitpicky about filmography and tend to pay too much attention to small detail...
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Inaniloquist wrote:
I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt I'd like it. To be honest, I generally am very nitpicky about filmography and tend to pay too much attention to small detail...
You'd nitpick the hades out of this movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Oh my gods... Don't even get me started. 0/10, AT BEST. When it comes to plot it sucked. They took out Kronos! With movies like Harry Potter it's debatable but with this there is no deny. The book IS better than the movie...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:43 pm

if you dont think about the book. it was a great movie. but based on the book, annabeth was supposed to be blonde with gray eyes, grover is a white scrawney nerd not a black gangster wanna-be. what happened to nancy bobofit? and the author made sure not to cuss, they cussed five times. i know that isn't normally a big deal. but if you have read the books as many times as i have, (i lost track of counting how many times i have read those books) and they said hardly anything about kronos. sally is supposed to be pretty and medusa ugly. what happened to percy ditching grover at the bus stop? and percy and sally were supposed to go to the beach and get attacked, and the shoes were bewitched to go to tartarus. and what happened to ares? nothing about him in the movie. and etc....
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm

i know i own the books and when you compare them the movie sucked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Quote :
what happened to percy ditching grover at the bus stop?

They Even Took Out The Freaking Fate's And Cutting The Life String! That goes through all 5 books as a major part!
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:23 pm

i know but that's hollywood
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:45 pm

I havent seen it yet, but I'm seeing it on maybe tuesday, I'm realy going to base it off of nothing, not the book, just another movie, because from what I have seen or heard of the movie, I can rate it right now, -3/10 for having like, no relation to the books, ruining the plot and so many things, I mean, the trailers show the Hydra, thats not in the first book, and I heard theres no cerberus... Anyone know if the St. Louis arch is still in it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Matt streak

Matt streak

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:48 pm

they literally rewind most of it!
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:52 pm

yeah no st luise wich sucks cause i'm from mo
Back to top Go down
Matt streak

Matt streak

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:55 pm

o wow!
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 pm

thanks but the fact that they cut that out is really annoying
Back to top Go down
Matt streak

Matt streak

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 pm

i no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:14 pm

im really hating hollywood right now. the movie was directed my chris columbus and he directed harry potter. harry potter wasn't as bad as PJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 pm

A 23 year old plays annabeth... -_-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:37 pm

When i went to see this movie i had to put the book right out of my mind. Only then could i enjoy it. It was a good film with brilliant special effects and desent acting from the stars of the film. Brandon. T . Jackson and Jake Abel impressed me no end.
I also thought the choice of Percy wasnt half bad either. Logan Lerman is very talented and made me believe in him as well as the character of Percy.
But like i said if i kept the book in mind i couldnt enjoy the film. I mean what happened to Annabeths apperance? and Kronos wasnt even mentioned!
I enjoyed the film and would see it again but comparied to the book i was a little disapointed. =[
Back to top Go down
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I caouldn;t stand it, because NO ONE paid any attention to, oh idk lets say COSTUMES???
Back to top Go down
http://Thtsimmermonkidd.tumblr.com
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm

I know! They completey ruined it! I don't care how hot some of the actors where, They descasied our Percy Jackson! They turned him into a joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:57 am

I didnt find any of the actors that good looking to be honest. I see where your points are coming from and i agree.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:56 am

Oh I think Logan and Jake where really cute. In my opian They are the only things they got right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions about the movie   Opinions about the movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions about the movie
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next